Online PhD in English
Learn about our editorial process .
Updated October 24, 2022
AccreditedSchoolsOnline.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
Timelines, programs and resources for english students.
The time commitment for earning and online PhD in English is equal to that of earning the same degree on campus. Students will hone their research skills, take on self-motivated projects, collaborate with elite academics and ultimately present a culmination of their research as a contribution to the area of English they chose to study. After graduation, students can pursue careers in academia, as well as fields like business, law or advertising. English PhD graduates are typically excellent communicators, and this guide explores where and how to earn these doctoral credentials through distance learning.
Timeline: Earning an Online PhD in English
Earning an English doctoral degree through an online program tests a student's ability to study and research intensively on their own time. It requires a great deal of commitment, but even distance learning programs include students in academic discussions with their thesis advisors and other faculty members in the English department. The following timeline provides a helpful guide for online students to navigate through their program with, from applications through graduation.
Because an English PhD is such a high-level degree, applicants must be prepared to provide examples of their best work and explain why they would do well in a certain program. They must show their commitment to English and literature in order to be accepted.
- COMPLETED MASTER'S DEGREE AND TRANSCRIPTS This prior graduate degree should be in English or a closely related field, and applicants should have earned it through an accredited institution. Programs will ask for official transcripts to be sent from all higher learning institutions that an applicant attended.
- GRE SCORES There may be a minimum scoring requirement in the reading and verbal areas of the GRE for doctoral level English applicants, but all programs will want to see general scores from this exam taken within the last five years.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT This personal essay is where an applicant outlines their professional, academic and research goals and how the specific online PhD program in English will help them achieve these goals. Applicants should also note what degree emphasis they are interested in pursuing within English, depending on what the school offers.
- WRITING SAMPLE English PhD applicants must include a writing sample with their application, usually around 20 double-spaced pages, that is on a topic related to their specialization or English expertise.
- RECOMMENDATION LETTERS Online PhD programs will ask for letters of recommendation from sources that are able to comment on an applicant's readiness to attend a graduate program in English.
- RESUME English PhD programs will take academic qualifications and professional experience into account. Some consider this an integral part of application requirements for doctoral-level English students.
- DEMONSTRATION OF LEARNING COMMITMENT Because online English PhDs require self-motivated, research-intensive study, applicants may be asked to demonstrate their ability to make time, use relevant technologies and facilities, and commit fully to distance learning. Previous experience with online education programs is helpful.
YEAR 1 MILESTONES
The first year of an online English doctoral program is the last chance a student has to play the academic field. After this year, or sometimes even before applying to the program, English PhD students must choose an area of English to specialize in and study intensively. This is where they will devote all of their attention to throughout their PhD program.
- CHOOSE A CONCENTRATION Any undecided students need to choose a focus within English in the first year of an online PhD program in order to direct their future research and prepare for their final thesis. Concentrations may be in a specific time period of literature, or more general concentrations like technology and media studies.
- REFINE RESEARCH PRACTICES Throughout the English PhD program, students will design and conduct empirical research with literature, including various scholarly approaches to writing such as ethnography and feminist research.
- INVESTIGATE FACULTY MEMBER ADVISORS Because professors are such a major component of a PhD program in English, students should begin looking for faculty advisors early. This usually involves finding a professor who specializes in the student's chosen area of specialty.
YEAR 2 MILESTONES
Second-year English doctoral students must complete all specialized courses in their area of specialty. Some may choose to take more electives, which may mean more time in school. This is also the year English PhD students will begin to prepare for their final theses and dissertations.
- CONCENTRATION COURSES AND ELECTIVES Because English PhD areas of specialization vary, students are usually required to complete courses within their specialization during this year. These can be in subject areas such as historical literature, or theories around rhetoric and writing. There will also be other required courses and a certain number of electives second-year English PhD students must take in addition to these specialty studies.
- CRITICAL RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS Online PhD programs teach English students to think and reason outside the box, using uncharted paths. They will have to investigate topics with a critical eye, exploring previous research but not relying on others' opinions for their own findings.
- PREPARE FOR A RESEARCH PROJECT Students should begin cultivating ideas and relevant sources of research material for their final English PhD thesis as soon as they have decided on concentrations. This final, culminating project will exemplify their academic achievement and is needed to become experts in their field.
YEAR 3 MILESTONES
The final year of an English PhD program is completely devoted to a student's final thesis and dissertation. Their entire academic career has honed their research skills, critical thinking, writing and speaking abilities to reach this pinnacle of academic achievement.
- DISSERTATION HOURS Different online PhD programs in English may have specific dissertation courses that prepare students to develop, initially research, refine, and organize a topic for their thesis and defense. Faculty members oversee research and bibliography construction. All core, field, specialized and elective coursework needs to be completed before undertaking preparations for a dissertation.
- DOCTORAL CANDIDACY EXAMS After completing class and research requirements, some online English PhD programs require students to pass an exam designed specifically for student's chosen field and the projects they hope to pursue. If a student does not pass, they will not be allowed to submit their research proposal or work on their dissertation. These students will need to re-evaluate and re-test.
- APPLY FOR A RESEARCH PROJECT Before starting research preparing for the defense on their English PhD thesis, students must find a faculty advisor and submit a research proposal. This is to ensure that they are pursuing interesting, relevant, original research in the field, that they have planned their research and thesis well and that they are completely prepared for rigorous academic work.
- INDEPENDENT, RELEVANT RESEARCH The final stage of a student's English doctoral program focuses completely on research into the specialization that they have chosen to study. English PhD students must apply their researching, analysis and writing skills, under the supervision of a faculty advisor, to complete their thesis.
Graduating from a PhD program in English is a testament to a student's research ability and their commitment to the subject. They have defended their skills before a panel of successful academics. This is the most important requirement for a PhD, but there are a few other key requirements for an online degree that English PhD students must also meet.
- COMPLETED COURSEWORK Because English doctoral degree studies build upon a student's experience with research in their chosen field, they must complete each online course to the professor's satisfaction before proceeding in the program. Most PhD programs have minimum GPA requirements that students must meet to remain in the program.
- TESTS AND TRAININGS While individual English professors may administer exams to their PhD students, the online university itself may have test requirements that accepted students must fulfill, usually to establish a common base knowledge of good research practices.
- ON-CAMPUS REQUIREMENTS Some programs may require online PhD student to attend a specified amount of English classes on-campus. These residential credit hours must be fulfilled before a student can graduate.
- THESIS AND DEFENSE All English PhD programs require students to complete an original thesis or dissertation under the supervision of an advisor. Defending the value and work of this thesis to a panel of fellow English academics is also major part of earning a doctorate.
Core Principles and Skills Learned in Online English PhD Programs
Phd in english, literature and culture, rhetoric and communication, technology resources, master's in english, top online phd in education programs.
Explore programs of your interests with the high-quality standards and flexibility you need to take your career to the next level.
Spotlight: Online PhD Programs in English
The best thing about online programs is that students have the opportunity to enroll in the best schools, no matter where they are located geographically. The following list spotlights the best accredited English PhD programs that offer online degrees in the nation, base on a variety of factors important to students. This information can provide a base for students to begin digging deeper into each program to find the best overall fit.
- Collapse All
Harvard offers 22 total fine arts and design programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Programs fall under the Department of Art, Film, and Visual Studies (AFVS); the Office for the Arts ; or the Graduate School of Design . Through Harvard, students can earn a professional art degree without compromising on a liberal arts education.
Students wishing to major in studio arts declare a concentration in AFVS during their sophomore year. By the end of junior year, AFVS majors establish a media focus to develop a professional-level portfolio. Students choose to complete either a two-semester senior thesis or a project representing their third year body of work.
The graduate school offers professional and post-professional master's programs in design, architecture, and urban planning. Admission to the design master's program requires two years of professional experience. However, undergraduates may apply to the architecture and urban planning programs with a portfolio demonstrating their aptitude for three-dimensional design.
The University of Pennsylvania's Weitzman School of Design offers 28 programs in fine arts and design focused on the interdisciplinary study of art as a response to societal challenges. UPenn awards bachelor's-level art degrees in fine arts or design.
The fine arts program focuses on artmaking technique and requires six studio courses with options such as printmaking, sculpture, and animation. The design program explores the integration of design with science and the humanities. Studio courses under this major offer instruction in the application of contemporary design theory and prototyping and fabrication.
Both undergraduate degrees include a two-semester capstone senior seminar in the final year. The seminar culminates in a public showcase of the student's portfolio. Prospective students applying directly to the art program may submit a supplemental portfolio. Current students enter the program without a separate application by meeting with an advisor to declare a major.
Ann Arbor, MI
The Penny W. Stamps School of Art and Design (Stamps) at the University of Michigan hosts 14 undergraduate and graduate level programs with options tailored toward either a studio or an academic focus. Undergraduates choose from four art degree options: BA or BFA in art and design, BFA in interarts performance, and dual-degree options.
In all programs, Stamps requires studio courses in drawing, design, and inquiry methods. Students must pass a sophomore review in which they present a portfolio of college work to a faculty committee. Students must also complete one course outside the United States in an approved international program unless they declare a minor.
All Stamps applicants need to complete the Common Application or Coalition Application for U-M. Recommendations must include letters from both an academic and an art instructor. Portfolios should include 12-15 pieces representing both conceptual work and direct observation drawings.
A private research university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University offers 17 programs in art and design through The College of Fine Arts . This includes a BFA and a BXA intercollege degree programs.
The BFA program contains four media-based concentrations. Students can choose a specific concentration or create an individualized hybrid curriculum.The first year curriculum includes courses from all four concentrations. After sophomore year, students gain more freedom to choose their major coursework. A year-long senior studio course serves as the program capstone. Each school year ends with an exhibition showcasing senior studio work.
When making a decision, admission officers consider an applicant's portfolio, transcripts, and test scores holistically. Portfolios must include 12-20 pieces with artist statements. Faculty recommend including work done outside of assignments to represent independent ability.
A private research university in Durham, North Carolina, Duke University features 11 art and design programs through the Trinity College of Art and Sciences. Undergraduate students can pursue one of three BA tracks: art history, visual arts, and visual and media studies. Art history specializations include architecture and museum studies. The program also offers a combined art history and visual arts major.
Visual arts majors choose courses from six subdisciplines for introductory and intermediate studios. The program culminates in a required theory course and a studio capstone. Visual and media studies majors must take two gateway courses within their first year. Students choose from a list of preapproved courses to serve as their capstone.
Art program applicants only need to complete the general Duke application, but students may submit a portfolio and statement as a supplement.
New York, NY
The private research university hosts two schools catering to visual arts. The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development offers art degrees in studio art, visual arts administration, art therapy, and art education. Tisch School of the Arts provides undergraduate and graduate level tracks in art and design for film .
The BFA in studio art program begins with a year-long foundation program and ends with a senior studio capstone course. In this course, students develop a portfolio and plan their gallery showcase in small groups. The Tisch film program covers four primary stages: introductory, fundamental, intermediate, and advanced. After completing a bachelor's program, students interested in production design can apply to the MFA program.
Applicants to the Steinhardt School must submit a 12-15 piece portfolio with a statement of purpose. Tisch portfolio requirements include a one-page resume and the choice of 10-15 images or a five-minute short film. Students must also answer three creative prompts in visual and script format.
Located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Tufts University offers 32 degree and certificate programs in art and design through the School of the Museum of Fine Arts , Boston.
The first year for BFA students consists of a heavy studio course load and an introductory theory course in visual and material studies. Over four years, students participate in eight review boards, presenting their semester work to a team of faculty and students. The review process helps students recognize the connection between their research projects and studio work while developing their own artistic direction.
Applicants can choose either a BFA or a combined degree program on the Tufts application. Both programs require a portfolio submission of either 15-20 images or up to 10 minutes of timed material.
A private research university in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Lehigh University offers 13 major and minor programs in art, design, and architecture . The four main BA programs provide students with a foundation for a career in art or a smooth transition to graduate studies.
The art major centers on the principle disciplines of drawing, painting, sculpture, and photography. Art majors can combine studies with a theatre major to specialize in costume design or pursue a minor in education to receive a teaching certificate. The design major includes studios combining communication through digital media with traditional artmaking. Both majors include five foundation courses in art history, two and three dimensional design, and drawing.
Applicants need to complete the Common Application or Coalition Application for Lehigh and a writing sample. Students earning a five on the AP Studio Art exam apply eight credits toward the first year foundation courses.
Drexel University, a private research university in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, awards degrees from 22 art and design programs . These programs include bachelor's and master's level instruction in design, production, and media management.
All BS majors begin with a foundation in studio art which aims to foster student creativity and solidify design fundamentals. As students continue within their chosen discipline, they will gain professional experience through the university's cooperative education program. Students can choose a four-year study track with one co-op, usually during the third year, or a five-year track, with three co-op placements.
The Westphal College of Media Arts & Design application includes an essay expressing the student's interest in their intended program. Some majors, such as animation, fashion design, and photography, require an 8-12 piece portfolio.
Georgetown University's Department of Art and Art History offers BA options in art and art history and an MA in art and museum studies. Students can choose one of eight media specializations in a combined studio and liberal arts curriculum.
After completing two introductory courses, students take three intermediate studios within a concentration. The four concentration options include drawing and printmaking; painting; sculpture; and photography, graphic design, and new media. Students must complete a senior art seminar to fulfill the university integrated writing requirement. The department hosts a senior art major exhibition in the spring.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions bases decisions on a student's general application. Applicants can submit a supplemental portfolio of up to 20 images to convey substantial artistic talent not demonstrated on the general application.
West Lafayette, IN
Purdue University houses the Patti & Rusty Rueff School of Design, Art, and Performance, a top-ranked design and applied arts school. The Department of Art and Design offers a selection of 12 BFA, MA, MFA, and Ph.D. programs
The BFA in integrated studio arts offers a hybrid approach to studio and media studies. Concentrations explore interdisciplinary artmaking using traditional methods and new technologies. Design-based programs, such as the BFA in visual communication design, feature in-depth, conceptual study of medium and message.
All BFA programs require a portfolio review before the end of sophomore year to progress in the program. Degrees culminate with a senior studio and a student-led gallery exhibition. Students applying to the integrated studio arts program must submit a portfolio. All majors within the Department of Art and Design receive programmatic accreditation from the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Providence College in Rhode Island offers 10 art and design specializations through the Department of Art and Art History . The studio art major centers on developing two- and three- dimensional design and drawing fundamentals through advanced concentration studies. Concentrations include drawing, painting, printmaking, and ceramics. Other areas of study consist of sculpture, photography, and digital imaging.
Art majors complete a degree program consisting of liberal arts electives; art history lectures; and gateway, concentration, and elective studio courses. Students choose their concentration by the end of sophomore year. In their senior year, students complete a capstone studio seminar and a senior thesis exhibition. Work presented in the thesis exhibition appears in the department's Providence College Art Journal.
Students with a substantial art background may submit a supplementary portfolio with their application. Portfolios should include 10-20 images of a student's best thematic work.
Coral Gables, FL
A private research university in Coral Gables, Florida, University of Miami hosts 13 art and design programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Students can pursue an MFA in studio art, a BA in studio art or art history, or a BFA with studio courses in five subject areas.
The BA and BFA programs require introductory courses in electronic media, three-dimensional design, and drawing. Students on the BA track must complete six upper-level studio courses and three art history classes. The BFA track requires students to select a primary and secondary studio concentration, complete elective credits, and take five art history classes. The BFA requires less general education classes and confers an automatic minor in art history upon completion.
The College of Arts and Sciences uses a holistic admissions approach based on transcripts, recommendations, and essays.
The Corcoran School of the Arts & Design at George Washington University offers 22 programs in visual arts and design. Curriculum in the art programs incorporates the neighboring galleries and museums to provide students with professional opportunities after graduation.
BFA students spend their first year in close-knit cohorts within a four-course foundation program. Subsequent semesters feature content-driven studio and theory courses within the student's choice of media. Students complete a six-credit thesis seminar in their final year. The thesis project combines research, group discussions, and critiques with a thematic body of work.
Applicants to the BFA program need to submit a portfolio of 12-20 completed works. The portfolio should include a student's best and most recent work, relevant to their intended concentration if possible.
University of Wisconsin-Madison boasts a top-ranked art department that centers creative processes in critical thinking and collaboration. The department offers BS, BFA, MA, and MFA degree tracks in studio art.
First year students enter the art program as either BS-Art or art education. Students first complete the foundations year, covering courses in art history, drawing concepts, and design fundamentals. If students continue in the BS program, they will take 45 total studio credits. This offers greater flexibility to pursue other majors, minors, or certificates at the university.
Students wishing to transition to the BFA program can apply during sophomore or junior year. Applicants must maintain a 3.0 GPA in all studio courses, including introductory level studios in all four design areas.
Completion of the BFA degree requires 72 studio credit hours and a successful portfolio review before their final semester. Successful BFA candidates participate in a capstone exhibition during the spring of their senior year.
The School of Art & Art History at University of Denver offers 11 art and design programs connected to the university's museum and gallery network. Degrees include a BA or BFA in art, a BA in art history, and a BFA in pre-art conservation.
First year applicants can apply directly to the BA program. Degree requirements include 16 credits in art fundamental courses, 12 credits in art history, and 32 credits in studio art. Students will choose a primary area of interest within their studio courses. To encourage interdisciplinary collaboration, art majors pursuing a BA must also choose either a minor or second major.
Once enrolled in the School of Art & Art History, students can apply for the BFA program. Applicants receive a faculty advisor to guide them through the application process, including a portfolio review. BFA students must complete at least 70 studio art credits, including introductory courses in each discipline. Students participate in a senior year capstone project culminating in an exhibition.
A private university in Peoria, Illinois, Bradley University provides students with 11 art program options . Bradley's Department of Art and Design encourages students to pursue leadership in visual culture and contribute to the contemporary creative experience.
The studio art major offers BS, BA, and BFA degrees in seven concentration options. Each concentration requires courses in studio fundamentals, required concentration studios, and studio electives. The BFA track requires more studio credit hours and a capstone course, providing students with professional development and career preparation opportunities. BFA students end their degree with a gallery showcase.
Bradley's art program connects current students with area professionals and alumni to help students find work in creative fields. Students must also attend at least two presentations from the Visual Voices Lecture Series as a fundamental requirement.
University of Florida awards degrees in 11 art and design programs through the School of Art and Art History . In the studio art major, students can expect a contemporary, interdisciplinary approach to developing their artistic identity.
Degree options include a BA track in art and BFA programs in art or graphic design. BFA students complete a foundation curriculum during their first two years then develop conceptual skills and explore contemporary design theory. The BA track follows a similar curriculum with fewer required studio courses. BA students enjoy the flexibility to pursue double majors, minors, and certificate programs outside of the arts.
Students can enroll directly in the art program after acceptance to the university. At the end of their sophomore year, students undergo a portfolio review in order to progress in the major.
Los Angeles, CA
The School of the Arts and Architecture at University of California-Los Angeles offers ten specialized program paths in art and design . The top-ranked studio art program provides students with professional artistic training within the context of a liberal arts degree.
The BA in art requires foundation courses in six subdisciplines, including one course in either video, installation, or performance art. Each class maintains a 17-student limit to ensure personalized guidance from instructors. The program ends with a senior studio capstone course emphasizing group analysis and critiques. Throughout the program, instructors encourage students to engage with UCLA affiliate museums and interdisciplinary projects.
For consideration, applicants must indicate art as their first choice major on the UCLA application. The art department also requires a portfolio of 8-10 images, an artist statement, and a short essay outlining the student's career goals.
Northeastern University's College of Arts, Media, and Design combines academic inquiry of design theory with experiential learning. As a result, students leave with a professional art or design degree and a personalized liberal arts education.
Students design their own program path through a combination of courses, co-ops, and independent research opportunities. The studio art BFA program spans multiple Boston area institutions. Northeastern administers the art history and theory courses, but students take their studio courses in the nearby School of the Museum of Fine Arts through Tufts University. The BFA program also offers study abroad options through the university partnership with University of the Arts London.
Applicants to the studio art BFA must submit a portfolio of 10-15 images with an artist statement. Students without a portfolio can apply to the BA program through Northeastern's general application.
The Department of Art & Design at University of Delaware offers 12 undergraduate and graduate programs in art and design. Art degrees from UD equip students with goal-oriented professional experience necessary to pursue careers after graduation.
The BA and BFA programs feature a two-year core credit curriculum. Students pursuing a BFA in studio art spend their final two years exploring subdisciplines in upper-level studio electives. Studio art seniors use the techniques developed in their junior year to complete a portfolio in a capstone course. The studio capstone continues in an exhibition the following semester.
Visual communications BFA students follow a regimented curriculum in their final two years to master design industry standards. Coursework includes a mandatory internship and participation in the BFA senior exhibition.
Students can apply to the BFA track after completing the core curriculum experience. The application process involves a portfolio review and an advising session.
The School of Art, Art History, and Design fosters interdisciplinary collaboration for art and design majors within 13 specialized programs. Undergraduates develop technical mastery in visual communication while receiving a rigorous liberal arts education in four BA tracks.
Students take 20 credit hours in introductory studio courses before enrolling in advanced studios within their concentration. The major's art history curriculum can easily transition to a minor and fulfill the UW writing proficiency requirement. Each concentration ends with a senior capstone to develop oral presentation skills and present work in the BA thesis exhibition.
Students can declare an art major after completing an intermediate level studio course with at least a 2.5 GPA. To progress in the program, students must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Lamarr Dodd School of Art offers 30 fine arts programs including BFA, BA, and MFA tracks. Students can choose from 11 studio concentrations for a comprehensive, studio-intensive curriculum.
All BFA concentrations include the studio core curriculum spread across four years. In the first year, students take two art history surveys and three introductory studio courses. At the intermediate level, students start to focus on their studio concentration.
The upper-level studio core courses serve as a thematic and practical capstone. In the exit studio course, students develop work for a thesis exhibition. At the same time, students take a professional development course to practice interview skills, personal branding, and networking in the creative field.
First-year students interested in the art program should speak to a Dodd School advisor at orientation.
The Department of Art at the University at Buffalo provides a broad survey of art fundamentals through a studio art BA program or a specialized BFA program.
In both degree programs, students pursue a media concentration. The BA program offers concentrations in graphic design, photography, or interdisciplinary studio. The BFA program includes the same concentrations with additional options in painting, sculpture, print media, and emerging practices.
All art students benefit from the university's involvement in the art community through the fall visiting artist lecture series. Students must attend two semesters of the lecture series to complete either program. BFA students complete an additional senior studio capstone requirement and gallery exhibition.
Prospective BFA students can indicate their intended major on the general application. Students that pass the first year fundamental courses with a 2.5 GPA or above automatically enter the art department. Students with a GPA below 2.5 can still enter the department by passing a portfolio review.
New Brunswick, NJ
The BFA art and design programs at the Mason Gross School of the Arts prepares students for careers as professional artists and designers.
All BFA students complete introductory studio courses in each concentration. Students declare a concentration at the end of their sophomore year after passing the department portfolio review. Faculty review portfolios again at the end of junior year before students begin a year-long senior thesis project.
The BFA in visual arts offers six media concentrations or a thematic focus on design. In addition to a thesis project, students on the design track complete a design practicum or internship as part of their capstone.
After indicating their interest in the BFA program on the general application, students will receive the supplemental Mason Gross application. Students must submit a 15-20 piece portfolio and a personal statement.
University of Florida
University of Florida students have access to more than 200 research and education centers, and institutes. PhD degree in English at Florida provides doctoral students with more than 20 specialized academic tracks across all eras, genres, and theoretical/critical schools of thought. Students entering with a bachelor's degree must complete a 90 credit hour degree. Students with an English master's degree from another school must complete 60 hours required toward the PhD. Courses include studies in the track area, related studies, electives, and master's research including a thesis and comprehensive oral examination. PhD students must complete foreign language requirements and defend a dissertation based on original scholarly research.
- In-State Tuition: $6,313
- Student Population: 50,645
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 89%
- Number of Students per Instructor: 21
Texas Tech University
Texas Tech University opened in 1923. In 2013, 10 Texas Tech faculty members received Fulbright Scholarships, the most for any faculty in the nation. The PhD in English program reflects the university's commitment to academic excellence, offering students the opportunity to advance scholarship in their field while concurrently learning to teach in multiple English disciplines. Areas of emphasis include British Literature, American Literature, Linguistics, Creative Writing, or Comparative Literature, Globalization and Translation. New specializations have been recently developed in 19th Century literature, Book History, Literature, Social Justice, and Environment, and Film & Media Studies.
- In-State Tuition: $7,811
- Student Population: 35,859
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 53%
- Number of Students per Instructor: 22
Your Degree: What Can I Do with a PhD in English?
An online PhD in English typically leads graduates into academia, as professors who teach English students and continue to study, research and publish papers in their field. This does not always have to be the case, however. Graduates from English PhD programs have proven their ability to focus, research, reason, write and explore: all qualities that can be essential in many job markets. Take a look at some examples of career paths a PhD in English could lead to below.
English professors teach English and literature studies at a collegiate level. They may teach classes in their chosen area of specialization, such as literature from a certain period in history. Conducting research, remaining current in their field and publishing research papers is also a major part of an English professor's job.
Job Growth (2014-2024): 13% Median Annual Salary (May 2015): $72,470
Grant writers research, write and submit funding proposals for organizations, institutions, programs and individuals. They ask for sums of money from government or private foundations, tailoring their requests to connect the specific missions of their organization or program. Typically, grant writers request funding from programs designed to aid specific types of organizations or programs.
Job Growth (2014-2024): Data unavailable Median Annual Salary (May 2015): $43,718
Urban and Regional Planner
These professionals plan ways to use lands and programs to create communities, facilitate growth, generate interest in revitalization efforts and study the inner workings of cities and counties, in both metro and rural areas. They work with teams of people who have a wide range of skills, from infrastructure and construction to data gathering and surveying. They are great communicators and problem solvers.
Job Growth (2014-2024): 6.3 % Median Annual Salary (May 2015): $68,220
In addition to conducting surveys and analyzing their data, survey researches design a wide variety of information gathering tools to ask questions. Their objective is to understand the perspectives, beliefs, traditions and preferences different people hold based on a variety of factors, such as demographics or economic group. Survey researchers can cover work across any number of fields, from advertising to politics.
Job Growth (2014-2024): 12% Median Annual Salary (May 2015): $53,920
Additional English PhD Resources
Below is a collection of free online resources for current PhD students, English and humanities membership organizations, and career and networking resources for English PhD graduates seeking careers beyond colleges or universities. English PhD scholars dedicate their time to very narrow areas of literature, but the skills can be applied in so many different jobs and situations.
Whether you’re looking to earn your online degree or you’re a parent looking for answers, you can find all of your questions covered here. Explore these resources to help you make informed decisions and prepare for whatever is thrown your way.
Shape your future with an online degree
Connect with a community of peers, and find a program that will allow you to continue your education in a fast and flexible way.
Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
Our guide provides a ranking of the top online Ph.D. in education degrees to help prospective students choose the best fit for their career goals.
Updated September 6, 2022
AffordableCollegesOnline.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to find your fit?
An online Ph.D. in education may suit students who enjoy classroom teaching or prefer the field's administrative aspects. Educators help students develop their potential and learning style through cooperative learning, teamwork, projects, and individual work. Educational administrators provide direction and day-to-day management of educational institutions, including preschools and colleges. A doctoral education degree meets qualifications for both roles.
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data, postsecondary education administrators and postsecondary teachers both earn higher than average salaries. The BLS projects 8% and 12% respective growth for these jobs during 2020-2030.
Ph.D. in Education Frequently Asked Questions
Is a ph.d. in education worth it.
Yes, though it depends on students' career trajectories and preferences. Mid-career education professionals wanting to advance their salary may consider pursuing a Ph.D. in education.
What can you do with a Ph.D. in education?
An online Ph.D. in education satisfies the educational requirements for high-paying senior educational leadership positions. Graduates pursue careers as educational administrators, superintendents, and researchers. They can also work as college professors.
How long does it take to get a Ph.D. in education?
Ph.D. students pursuing an education degree full time spend about three years to earn a degree. The program involves two years of classes as well as research and a dissertation. However, program length can vary by school and students' enrollment status.
What is the difference between a Ph.D. and a doctorate?
"Doctorate" refers to an umbrella term for a degree or rank. A Ph.D. falls under the doctorate category.
Featured Online Programs
Find a program that meets your affordability, flexibility, and education needs through an accredited, online school.
Why Get a Degree in Education?
Students can apply education theory and put it into practice with a Ph.D. in education. Learning these practices gives students credibility, upward mobility, and the technical expertise needed to specialize in the field.
A Ph.D. in education offers students the potential for high earnings. The highest-paid postsecondary education administrators earn almost $200,000 annually. However, salary depends on career choice and the type of educational institution where graduates choose to work.
Ph.D. students who opt for an online education degree can benefit from lower costs, classroom flexibility, and access to faculty. Students and faculty communicate through email, instant messaging, and video chat.
How Much Does an Education Degree Cost?
Online education degrees often cost less than on-campus programs. However, an online Ph.D. in education varies in cost. Tuition, books, online registration, and other fees might cost several thousands of dollars per year.
Tuition makes up the largest percentage of the cost of getting an online education degree. Learners should compare costs among online schools before committing to one institution. Online degree -seekers save on transportation expenses, school supplies, and housing.
Prospective students may want to research other opportunities to reduce debt. Many schools support doctoral students through tuition waivers and stipends.
How Much Do Education Graduates Make?
According to the BLS, postsecondary education administrators earn annual median salaries of $97,500. Postsecondary teachers earn a median salary of $80,560 annually.
An online Ph.D. in education, a terminal degree, offers the highest level of education in the field. However, learners may need to tap into continuing education and certifications to advance their careers and salary.
Specific specializations within a Ph.D. program may offer more lucrative opportunities. A Ph.D. in education with a specialization in education policy can lead to a role as a public policy analyst. Specializations include counseling education, curriculum studies, and educational linguistics.
Courses in Education
Learners typically complete about two years of coursework. They also complete research projects, exams, and a dissertation. Some programs may require an individualized research practicum, research assistantship, or a faculty research project.
Degree-seekers gain research and analytical skills. They can align their studies with their research interests and professional goals through specializations. Options include curriculum and instruction , educational psychology, and leadership.
Not all programs offer every course. The three listed below represent a sample curriculum.
Higher Education History and Philosophy
Leadership and organizational theory, advanced educational psychology, certifications and licensure for education.
The following certifications and licensures enable students to become education leaders. Each credential features various requirements, including licensure exams. Students should learn their state's specific requirements.
Scholarships for Education
Students pursuing a Ph.D. in education qualify for various scholarships from companies and professional organizations. Learners can also apply for institutional grants and scholarships.
Online Ph.D. in Education 2022
#1 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
Ball State University
- Online + Campus
Ball State University offers in-person doctorate programs on its campus in Muncie, Indiana, as well as online programs. Working professionals take advantage of the flexible program to earn their degree around their other commitments.
Pursuing a doctorate requires a large time commitment. students take required classes, pass exams, and write a research-based dissertation.
Ball State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accrediting body.
Ball State University Numbers:
Average Price After Financial Aid: $13,533
Percentage of Learners Awarded Financial Aid: 91%
Percentage of Students Awarded Loans: 56%
Student Admission Rate: 77%
Transfer Credits Toward Degree: No
#2 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
East Tennessee State University
- Johnson City, TN
Located in Johnson City, Tennessee, East Tennessee State University enrolls students as a public institution. The school offers an online doctorate in . The doctoral program builds on the student's prior knowledge to strengthen advanced skills.
An online doctorate can help students pursue an advanced degree while maintaining a full-time job. Students considering the program can reach out to a faculty advisor to learn about any in-person requirements.
The terminal degree in childhood education prepares graduates for leadership roles in their field. Doctoral students typically complete their degree within five years. Graduates work in academic, research, or practice careers after completing the program.
East Tennessee State University Numbers:
In-state Graduate Tuition: $8,640
Out-of-state Graduate Tuition: $23,760
Admission Rate: 86%
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 15-to-1
#3 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
- Hampton, VA
An online doctoral degree from Hampton University helps professionals advance their careers and pursue new opportunities. Employers value the graduate-level education and training of the doctor of philosophy in counselor education and supervision.
Students may receive credit for hands-on learning opportunities, such as internships. The institution's website provides details about how to earn credit for graduate-level experiential learning. To prepare for careers, degree-seekers can participate in networking events through student organizations.
The school holds accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, a regional accrediting body.
Hampton University Facts:
Students Awarded Financial Aid: 96%
Students Receiving Loans: 66%
Acceptance Rate: 36%
Awards Transfer Credits: No
#4 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
Indiana State University
- Terre Haute, IN
Located in Terre Haute, Indiana, Indiana State University offers on-campus and online programs as a public institution. The doctor of philosophy in educational administration trains graduates for advanced careers through a flexible learning format. The doctoral program builds on the student's prior knowledge to strengthen advanced skills.
A doctorate requires intensive studies. The online learning format helps graduate students balance school with other responsibilities. Doctoral students often arrange to complete in-person activities in their local areas.
As the terminal degree in , a doctorate represents the highest level of education in the field. Doctoral students generally spend 3-6 years earning their degree. After earning a doctorate, graduates work in academia, research, and practice.
Indiana State University Facts:
Total Online Doctoral Programs: 4
In-state Graduate Tuition: $7,542
Out-of-state Graduate Tuition: $14,814
Admission Rate: 90%
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 18-to-1
#5 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
- Lynchburg, VA
Located in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers on-campus and online programs as a private institution. The school offers online doctoral programs in many academic and professional subjects, including a Ph.D. in education. Prospective applicants can contact the program for more information about admission requirements and start dates.
While a doctorate requires intensive study, the online format helps students balance their degree with other responsibilities. Students considering the program can reach out to a faculty advisor to learn about any in-person requirements.
A doctoral degree, the highest level of education builds expert-level knowledge. Most doctoral programs require 4-6 years of study, though the length varies depending on the program and the student's enrollment option. The degree leads to opportunities in academia, research, and practice.
Liberty University Numbers:
Total Online Doctoral Programs: 9
Graduate Tuition: $7,980
Average Cost per Credit: 750
Admission Rate: 51%
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 17-to-1
#6 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
- Virginia Beach, VA
Located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, Regent University offers on-campus and online programs as a private institution. Regent provides a flexible route to a doctorate in education. Prospective applicants can learn more about start dates, doctoral tracks, and admission requirements by contacting the program.
The online learning format helps doctoral students complete an advanced degree while working full time. Doctoral students often arrange to complete in-person activities in their local areas.
Doctoral students typically spend 4-6 years in school.
Regent University Facts:
Total Online Doctoral Programs: 12
Graduate Tuition: $15,552
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 29-to-1
#7 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
Texas Tech University
- Lubbock, TX
Ph.D. in curriculum studies and teacher education students receive valuable knowledge and training for their careers.
Texas Tech University may award credit for internships and service-learning experiences. Students can explore the school’s website to learn how to earn credit for internships and graduate-level hands-on learning opportunities. Degree-seekers can join student organizations to network with other students and access professional development opportunities.
Texas Tech University has received accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Texas Tech University at a Glance:
Grad Tuition Rate: $5,958 in-state; $13,428 out-of-state
Number of Online Master's Programs: 14
Online Doctorate Programs Offered: 1
#8 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
Union Institute & University
- Cincinnati, OH
A private institution, Union Institute & University welcomes degree-seekers to its main campus in Cincinnati, Ohio. The school offers an online doctorate in interdisciplinary studies. Prospective applicants should contact the program to learn more about the admission requirements.
An online doctorate can help students pursue an advanced degree while maintaining a full-time job. The school offers academic advising, library access, and career counseling for distance-learning doctoral students.
A doctoral degree, the highest level of education in interdisciplinary studies, builds expert-level knowledge. Doctoral students generally earn their degree in 3-6 years. Graduates pursue careers in academia, research, or practice.
Union Institute & University At a Glance:
Graduate Tuition: $14,652
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 8-to-1
#9 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus is a public college based in Denver, Colorado. The online Ph.D. in education and human development prepares doctoral students for advanced roles in their field. Prospective applicants should contact the program to learn more about the admission requirements.
Designed for full-time professionals, the program makes it easier to balance school with work. Online doctoral students can visit campus to meet with fellow students or to walk at graduation.
The terminal degree in education and human development, a doctorate prepares graduates for leadership roles in their field. Most doctoral students complete their degree within five years. The program prepares learners for careers in academia, research, and practice.
University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus At a Glance:
Total Online Doctoral Programs: 6
In-state Graduate Tuition: $6,786
Out-of-state Graduate Tuition: $22,590
Admission Rate: 67%
#10 Online Ph.D. In Education 2022
University of Northern Colorado
- Greeley, CO
University of Northern Colorado is a leader in e-learning. A doctoral degree from this school gives professionals the highest credential possible in their field.
Students first complete 1-3 years of coursework followed by dissertation research and exams. With a doctorate, graduates can pursue many different careers, including research and academic careers.
The school is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
University of Northern Colorado at a Glance:
Online Master's Programs Offered: 15
Number of Online Doctorate Programs: 3
Grad Tuition: $10,867 in-state; $19,620 out-of-state
Related articles that may interest you
Online ph.d. programs 2022.
Earning a Ph.D. online can open up new career opportunities or help expand a current career.
Online Continuing Education For Teachers
Advance your teaching career and increase your salary potential with continuing education. Learn about your CE options, additional resources, and more.
Resources And Tools For Educators
Teachers are constantly on the lookout for resources to improve and continue building skills. Learn strategies for the classroom, and find tools to help.
Do this for you
Explore your possibilities- find schools with programs you’re interested in and clear a path for your future.
- slot gacor maxwin
- Centre for Modern Indian Languages
- School Board
- Minutes of School Board
Doctor of Philosophy in English (PHDENG)
Minimum Duration: 3 Years Maximum Duration: 6 Years Course Fee: Rs. 16,800 Minimum Age: No bar Maximum Age: No bar Eligibility: Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy Layer) and Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991]excluding grace mark. and Qualifies in the entrance examination conducted by IGNOU at the National level. Click Here for Programme Fee Structure
- Programme overview
- Related Information
The Doctoral Studies Programme in English and Hindi is aimed at training professionals and teachers in the skill and competencies related to the systematic investigation of various issues and problems in their area of study.
- Master's Degree
- Master of Arts (Urdu) (MAUD)
- Master of Arts (Hindi Vyavsayik Lekhan) (MAHV)
- Master of Arts (Jyotish) (MAJY)
- Master of Arts (Sanskrit) (MSK)
- Master of Arts (English) (MEG)
- Master of Arts (Hindi) (MHD)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Sanskrit (BAASK) (BAASK)
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (Sanskrit) (BASKH)
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (Urdu) (BAUDH)
- Bachelor of Arts (General) in Sanskrit (BAG Sanskrit)
- Bachelor of Arts (General) in Hindi (BAG Hindi)
- Bachelor of Arts (General) in Urdu (BAG Urdu)
- Bachelor of Arts (General) (BAG English)
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (Hindi) (BAHDH)
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (English) (BAEGH )
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English (DCE)
- Diploma in Urdu (DUL)
- Certificate in Bhartiya Kal Ganana (CBKG)
- Certificate in Vedic Ganit (CVG)
- Certificate in (Communicative Sanskrit) Saral Sanskrit Bodh (CSSB)
- Certificate in Teaching of English as a Second Language (CTE)
- Certificate in Urdu Language (CUL)
- Certificate Programme in Functional English (Basic level) (CFE)
- Post Graduate Diploma Programmes
- Post Graduate Diploma in Writings from the Margins (PGDWM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Writings from India (PGDWI)
- Post Graduate Diploma in New Literatures in English (PGDNLEG)
- Post Graduate Diploma in British Literature (PGDBLT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in American Literature (PGDAML)
- Post Graduate Diploma in The Novel (PGDNOV)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Book Publishing (PGDBP)
Jobs at IGNOU
Tenders of IGNOU
Complaint Against Caste Discrimination
Committee Against Sexual Harassment
- IGNOU-SAMARTH User Manual
- LTC Advance/Intimation Form
- LTC Claim Form
IGNOU Online Programmes
Study Material Status
Study Material Catalogue
Online Payment for miscellaneous fees
FAQs for Promotion Scheme
Notification on Ragging
Equal Opportunity Cell(EOC)
Swayamprabha Channels(Video Telecast)
Jambudweep e-Journal of Indic Studies
Other Official Websites
Videos of NAAC Peer Team Visit (2021)
Photos of NAAC Peer Team Visit (2021)
NAAC Peer Team Visit
National Voters Service Portal
Anti Discrimination Officer
National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
National Youth Parliament
Web Enabled Academic Support (WEAS)
Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad
National Digital Library of India
Student Section II
Frequently Useful Links
Daily Schedule of Videos Telecast for Swayamprabha Channels
Audio Resources of EMPC
Video Resources of EMPC
Schedule of Gyandarshan channels
Subscribe for Updates
[Updated on 01-Mar-2023]
© 2023 Indira Gandhi National Open University. All rights reserved
- University Admission
- Course Admission
- Regional Centre
- Study Centre
IGNOU PhD English Admission 2023 | Entrance Exam & Eligibility
IGNOU PhD English Admission
IGNOU PhD English Admission 2023: Indira Gandhi National Open University has offered doctor of philosophy programs. Students can register for IGNOU Ph.D. English Admission’s last date was 25 December 2022. Ph.D. courses are well-versed programs for anyone interested in studying a specific topic. IGNOU will hold a Ph.D. in English entrance exam 2023 on 8 January 2023. The entrance exam form charge is Rs. 1000/-, which is a non-refundable amount.
- Course Full Form: Doctor of Philosophy in English
- Duration: The average duration of this course is 3 to 6 years.
- Eligibility: Students must have finished their Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC.
- Fee: The average fee for the course is around INR 16,800.
- Career Options: Candidates have very good career options like an English teacher, Content Writer, and many more.
An English PhD course is a course that is specifically designed for the study of English as a second language. Ther e is an e ntrance exam conducted by NTA which is used by the University to determine which students will be admitted to the PhD ENG programme.
IGNOU Trending News Updates
- Applications are now open for the January 2023 session of IGNOU's UG and PG Programmes; students have until 10 March 2023 to apply.
- Registration for IGNOU June TEE Exam 2023 started for Online programs, Apply Now till 20 January 2023
- IGNOU Re-registration process has been commenced for January session 2023. Students can re-register for a new session till 10 March 2023 with a late fee.
The students highly pursue IGNOU PhD in English course, and the duration is 3 years, divided into 6 semesters. The PHDENG course fee is Rs 16,800/- .
IGNOU Doctor of Philosophy in English Highlights
Ignou phd english admission 2023.
- The online session will be initiated for the January session.
- Admission to this degree program demands a master’s degree in a specialized field.
- Passing the National level entrance test is a must for admission.
- For the admissions process, the applicant must have all of the necessary documents.
- Photocopy of applicant’s ID card
- Photocopy of mark sheet of master degree
- Photocopy of Graduate mark sheet
- The root certificate of date of birth.
IGNOU PhD English Course Fees:
The admission fee for the course Doctor of Philosophy in English is 16,800. As this course is for 3 years so the fee is divided according to semester. One can pay the course fee separately each semester. Exams are taken twice per year.
IGNOU PhD English Application process 2023
The application form for a Doctor of Philosophy in English is available online. Applicants can get access to this by acquiring the following steps:
- Just Go to the IGNOU website.
- For registration, create a username and password.
- Now after that, the registered applicant will receive mail about login credentials
- Now fill the form.
- Kindly complete the form with essential and compulsory details
- After completing it click on submit button.
- Save and remember the username and password.
IGNOU PhD English Entrance Exam
Registration for IGNOU PhD English Entrance Exam 2023 will start in January 2023 . The application mode will be online, and students must prepare for the entrance exam. The entrance exam date for IGNOU PhD English was 8 January 2023 . The NTA will be the conducting body for the entrance exam for PhD English.
The Syllabus for PhD English Entrance Test comprises 50% on research methodology and 50% on the English subject. The total no questions is 100 after this, students must have to attend the interview. Later in this process, students can enroll on the PhD in English course.
IGNOU Other Courses:
- IGNOU Master of Philosophy in Theatre Arts
- IGNOU Master of Philosophy in Translation Studies (MPHILTT)
- IGNOU M.PHIL in Chemistry (MPHILCHEM)
- IGNOU Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Management of CBRNE Disasters
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental and Occupational Health
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Operation
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- IGNOU Post-Graduate Diploma in Audio Programme Production
- IGNOU Post-Graduate Diploma in Folklore and Culture Studies (PGDFCS)
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: IGNOU PhD in English what is the eligibility?
Ans: Master’s degree from a recognized university or any other qualification recognized as equivalent with at least 55% marks
Question 2: Does IGNOU offer correspondence or regular PhD programmes?
Ans: There are twelve different Doctoral programs offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). There are both distance and regular doctoral programs offered at the university.
IGNOU DOPGPS Admission 2023-24: Last Date | Eligibity | Syllabus | Fee
IGNOU PhD in Psychology Admission 2023 | Eligibility, Syllabus & Fee
IGNOU PhD in Hindi Admission 2023 | Eligibility & Fee Details
IGNOU PhD in Nursing Admission 2023 | Eligibility & Fee Details
Important Updates 2023
University Admission 2023 Courses Admission 2023 Distance University Admission Distance Courses Admission IGNOU University Updates University Fee Structure Courses After 12th ITI Admission
- IGNOU BA Admission
- IGNOU BBA Admission
- IGNOU BCA Admission
- IGNOU BCom Admission
- IGNOU BEd Admission
- IGNOU BLIS Admission
- IGNOU BSc Admission
- IGNOU MA Admission
- IGNOU MBA Admission
- IGNOU MCA Admission
- IGNOU MCom Admission
- IGNOU MSc Admission
- IGNOU MSW Admission
- IGNOU PhD Admission
BHU Admission SPU Admission YCMOU Admission MDU Admission MGU Admission MSU Baroda Admission Kalyani University Admission Mumbai University Admission Calicut University Admission DEI Agra Admission BRAOU Admission KKHSOU Admission KUVEMPU Admission DDU Gorakhpur Admission RBU Admission SPPU Admission Panjab University Admission Jadavpur University Admission UPRTOU Admission Visva Bharati University YMCA University Admission Cluster University Admission CCS University Admission Kurukshetra University Admission St Xavier’s University Admission
BA Admission BBA Admission BCom Admission BSC Admission BCA Admission BEd Admission MA Admission MBA Admission MSC Admission MCom Admission MCA Admission MSW Admission MEd Admission Phd Admission Bpharma Admission Dpharma Admission Diploma Courses After 12th Diploma Courses After 10th Paramedical Courses After 12th Science Course After 12th Management Courses After 12th Commerce Course After 12th Agriculture Courses After 12th Arts Course After 12th
IGNOU Admission IGNOU Assignement IGNOU Courses IGNOU Exam Form IGNOU Fee Structure IGNOU Re-Registration IGNOU Admission Status IGNOU BA Admission IGNOU BBA Admission IGNOU BSC Admission IGNOU BCOM Admission IGNOU BEd Admission IGNOU BLIS Admission IGNOU MA Admission IGNOU MBA Admission IGNOU MCA Admission IGNOU MCOM Admission IGNOU MSC Admission IGNOU MSW Admission IGNOU Phd Admission IGNOU Student Login IGNOU Community Health Certificate
BA Distance Education BBA Distance Education B.Com Distance Education B.Sc Distance Education BCA Distance Education MA Distance Education MBA Distance Education M.Com Distance Education M.Sc Distance Education
SOL DU Admission Subharti University DDE Aligarh University DDE Kurukshetra University DDE MDU Distance Education TNOU Distance Education RBU Distance Education NMIMS Distance Education BRAOU Distance Education Alagappa University DDE Anna University DDE Andhra University DDE Nalanda Open University DDE Osmania University DDE Chandigarh University DDE Amity University DDE
@ Education iConnect 2022 |Disclaimer: All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. No claim as to the accuracy and correctness of the information on the site is made although every attempt is made to ensure that the content is not misleading. In case any inaccuracy or otherwise improper content is sighted on the website, please report it at [email protected]” we can change and update. It is categorically submitted that no education courses/ admission are offered through website”, which is only to provide the information to students for their choice path in a good way. No Fee collection , No Admission. Only Free Career advice .
Login to your account below
Create New Account!
Fill the forms below to register
Retrieve your password
Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.
Enter Correct Details
- University Admission
- IGNOU Course
- IGNOU Article
- University News
- IGNOU Articles
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2023 | Entrance Exam, Fee & Result
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission: Indira Gandhi National Open University has released the fresh PhD admission form 2023. The deadline to submit the form extended for IGNOU PhD admission 2023 is 25 December 2022 . The admission for PhD course at IGNOU for January is open. PhD Entrance result 2023 at IGNOU has been uploaded on 28th February 2023. Students can access the original answer key of IGNOU PhD, by clicking here .
IGNOU released the admit card for Ph.D. program for session 2023. Student can download their admit card form the official website of the university. To Download the admit card Student must fill in their registered E-mail and password. The entrance examination for PhD course was held on 8th January 2023.
- Admissions for the January 2023 session have begun, and students can apply for bachelors and masters programmes until March 10, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU has commenced the Re-registration for January 2023 session; Apply till 10 March 2023 with Rs 200 late fee.
- The IGNOU has extended the Assignment Submission deadline for December TEE 2022 until 15 December 2022.
The conduction of the IGNOU Ph.D. 2023 Entrance Examination is in 30 cities across the country on 8 January 2023 using CBT (Computer Based Test). The announcement has been done on portal, check the official Notification here.
Registration Fees: According to the IGNOU NTA Ph.D. information brochure , the fee for the general category is Rupees 1000 . The SC or ST and other reserved categories applicants are mandated to pay a fee of 800 INR for the 2023 Ph.D. entrance examination. By sticking with the article, the applicant would learn more about admission to Ph.D.
Indira Gandhi National Open University, or IGNOU, proposes a doctorate degree in many specializations in the distance mode. The PhD degree program can be studied in English, Hindi, Psychology, Economics, Commerce, Science, etc., courses. The duration of the Ph.D. degree program is 3 years. The entrance exam date has been announced on the official website of ignouphd.samarth.edu.in. IGNOU Ph.D. Prospectus
The Ph.D. degree offers in-depth or research-based study materials for candidates in their applied stream. Students who want to study Ph.D. from IGNOU must have to apply through online mode. It is necessary to fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the IGNOU Ph.D. admissions. Eligibility criteria include a Master’s degree or M.Phil with 55% marks from the recognized university for General Category students, For the reserved category, students have 50% Marks with PG/M.Phil Degree .
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2023 Highlights
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) started inviting applications for IGNOU Ph.D. programs for the session on 21 November 2022 . In the course of this session, the University will conduct entrance tests for applicants to the Ph.D. programmes. The Students looking interested in applying for the courses on https://ignouphd.samarth.edu.in/.
IGNOU offers Doctoral programs covering twelve different areas. A doctoral in Philosophy is the highest degree to which one can learn to create something that is not replicated but unique.
Important Dates IGNOU Ph.D. Admission
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2023
Candidates select the specialization subject or area according to their choice. Each discipline contains a minimum number of seats. So, do not wait for long to register at IGNOU. Candidates who want to get admission to the Ph.D. course must check the university’s official website from time to time. The entire university-related announcement is shared on the website. One can check the detailed information from the prospectus also. The course duration is of 3 years, and the cost of the fees is 16,800/-.
Students applying at IGNOU for Ph.D. programs require clearing the entrance test and completing their graduation degree from a UGC-recognized university to obtain 55% marks in their final year. Students who score 50% or above will be selected for the interview round. However, reserved students have to score at least 45%.
IGNOU Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
Students must fulfill the below-listed criterion to take admitted to the Ph.D. program at IGNOU:
- The candidate who wants to apply for this course must have a post-graduation degree with good marks from some recognized university.
- There is 5 % relaxation for the reserved category students as they have to obtain 50% marks in their final year.
- The candidate must clear the entrance exam. Admission is highly competitive, and the seats are limited. So, it is important to take the entrance exam seriously so that you can confirm your seat.
IGNOU PhD Admission 2023 fees structure:
Admission is conducted through the Entrance Exam. For the General Category, the application form fee is Rs. 1000 and for the reserved category, it is Rs. 800/-
The course fee of the Ph.D. program is different for various disciplines. It depends upon courses, research area, and more. One can get complete detail about the fee structure of the IGNOU Ph.D. program from the website. The fee is easily affordable for everyone.
IGNOU Ph.D. Application Form 2023
Students who want to study Ph.D. from IGNOU must have to apply through online mode. It is necessary to fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the IGNOU Ph.D. admissions. According to eligibility criteria, one must have a Master’s degree with 55% marks from the recognized university. The application form fee is Rs. 1000 . However, for the reserved category, it is Rs. 800 /-
The admission process starts with filling out the application form. The correct details and documents must be uploaded along with the application form fee.
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission Process
The university offers admission to the Ph.D. program based on post-graduation percentage along with an entrance test and interview. So, students must prepare hard in order to qualify for the examination. The application process involves the following steps:
- Go to the university’s official website.
- In case, you are a registered candidate, click on the login button and enter all the information.
- Carefully select your course and remember the course Id.
- After this, click on the “Application” button to proceed further.
- Now, fill-up the form by entering all the correct information.
- After this, pay the first-year fee online.
- Upload all the required documents and click the “submit” tab.
IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance admission process is available on the official link – https://ignou.nta.ac.in/
- The IGNOU Ph.D. entrance exam will now be held on January 8, 2023 .
- The registration window has opened from 21 November 2022 till 25 December 2022.
- The fee for the general category is Rs.1000/- and students who belong to the reserved category like SC/ST/PwD/Third Gender will get a concession and they are required to pay 800/- .
- Admit cards will be uploaded, once the registration process is completed by the university.
- The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes which is around 3 hours.
- The timing of the examinations will be 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- The syllabus and Questionnaire pattern will be notified soon by NTA for student assistance.
- The medium of language is Hindi/English and the test will be held in Online mode.
- The paper will be of 400 marks in total.
- Students should have completed their PG/Mphil to be eligible for the Ph.D. courses .
- General Category students must have obtained at least 55% marks in their PG/M.Phil whereas for the reserved category, students are required to score 50% marks or above in their PG/Mphil degree.
- After the examinations, a merit list will be prepared to shortlist the students who have qualified for the entrance exam. Afterward, the interview round will be conducted for the students.
IGNOU PhD Selection Criteria
Selection to PhD programs at IGNOU is based on entrance exam scores. The entrance exam for PhD admission is conducted at the national level on the pattern of CSIR/UGC. In accordance with merit, candidates who receive at least 50% on the PhD entrance exam will be shortlisted for interviews up to five times the number of open seats. To be very honest, the entrance exam for Ph.D. programs is really tough.
IGNOU Ph.D. Answer key
Those who want to check and download the answer key must get in touch with the official site of IGNOU ignouphd.samarth.edu.in . The interview schedule for the shortlisted Ph.D. candidates will soon be released on the portal. Students can check by entering their application number and password or by using their date of birth.
To challenge the answer, students have to pay Rs 200/- as the processing fee for each answer . This fee will be paid online, and also it will be non-refundable. A panel of subject experts will verify the answers, and if it is correct, the answer key of the respondents will be updated.
How To check the answer key, one should go through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- On the homepage, follow the link “ IGNOU Ph.D. 2023 answer key .”
- Select the login type “DOB” or “Password” and enter it accordingly.
- Hit on the “ Login ” button.
- Finally, check the answer key.
IGNOU PhD Entrance Test Result
Indira Gandhi National Open University will soon release the PhD Entrance Exam result on the official portal . The result will be announced online mode. To check the ignou PhD result 2023, the student must follow the steps:
- Visit the given link to check the result of ignou PhD 2023- ignouphd.samarth.edu.in.
- Enter the given registration number and password.
- The result will have appeared on the screen.
IGNOU Ph.D. Study Material;
The university provides complete course content to the candidates on the university’s website. One can easily get access to study material by using the respective links for the same. The specialization areas for Ph.D. programs include Women Studies, Geology, French, Journalism Statistics, Biochemistry, Mass Communication, Physics, Geography, Gender Development Studies, and Chemistry.
IGNOU Ph.D. Assignments;
The deadline will soon be announced for the submission of IGNOU assignment for the June 2023 session. Students who have aspiring for appearing in the IGNOU June TEE need to upload their assignments on all the concerned topics before the last date. They should also ensure that all the assignments are uploaded in the appropriate manner as stated by the institution.
Why Choose IGNOU For Ph.D. Admission?
The University will also offer Research Associateships and Assistantships to students selected by IGNOU research supervisors on a competitive basis after conducting face-to-face shortlisting interviews and written tests with IGNOU faculty members and subject experts from IGNOU’s affiliated colleges.
IGNOU vice-chancellor (VC) Prof R N Kulkarni said “The Ph.D. programs offer a unique and transformative academic experience that is essential for personal and professional growth of the students. IGNOU has successfully adopted distance learning through its innovative ODL pattern which caters to needs of learners in varied geographical locations.”
IGNOU offers a Ph.D. degree to students in twelve subjects. Some of the reasons for selecting IGNOU for Ph.D. Admission is as follows:
- The university is internationally recognized.
- IGNOU is India’s top distance learning university.
- Ph.D. is all about research and self—study. Students can easily manage all the tasks online.
- IGNOU shares all the course materials on the website.
Ph.D. in Dairy Science and Technology Syllabus:
Ques.) What is the eligibility criterion for getting admission to a Ph.D.? Program at IGNOU?
Ans: Students interested in the Ph.D. program from IGNOU must have a post-graduate degree in a relevant subject. Candidates with less than 55 percent marks in their previous degrees cannot apply for this course.
Ques.) What is the last date of the Ph.D.? Registration of Application form for session 2023.
Ans: 25 December 2022 is the last date to apply for the Ignou Ph.D. program for session 2023.
Ques.) When will be held the Entrance Exam for the IGNOU Ph.D. program?
Ans: IGNOU Ph.D. entrance Exam for session 2023 will be scheduled on 8th January 2023 .
Ques.) What are the specialization areas for IGNOU Ph.D.? Program?
Ans: The specialization areas for Ph.D. Program include Geology, Women Studies, French, Mass Communication, Journalism Statistics, Biochemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, and Gender Development Studies.
Ques.) In how many cities of India, Ph.D. entrance test of IGNOU take place?
Ans: IGNOU entrance test for Ph.D. degree takes place in thirteen cities, including Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati, Lucknow, Mumbai, Trivandram, and Patna.
IGNOU Bhagalpur Regional Centre (Bihar) | Admission Process, Course Fee & Contact Details
Ignou latest news.
IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam Answer Key 2023 released; Download PDF here
Ignou january admission 2023 last date extended till 10 march 2023; apply at ignou.ac.in, ignou admission 2023 january session: last date, status, courses, fee, ignou 36th convocation 2023: registration (begins), venue, form & dates, ignou courses.
IGNOU Admission IGNOU Courses IGNOU Fee Structure IGNOU Registration IGNOU Re-Registration IGNOU Assignment IGNOU Student Login IGNOU BA Admission IGNOU MA Admission IGNOU BBA Admission IGNOU MBA Admission IGNOU B.Ed Admission IGNOU BCA Admission IGNOU MCA Admission IGNOU BLIS Admission IGNOU Phd Admission IGNOU B.Com Admission IGNOU M.Com Admission IGNOU B.Sc Admission IGNOU M.Sc Admission IGNOU BSW Admission IGNOU MSW Admission IGNOU B.Sc Nursing IGNOU DECE Admission IGNOU DNHE Admission IGNOU Online MBA IGNOU Online MCA IGNOU Online BCA IGNOU Online B.Com IGNOU Online MA English
IGNOU Re-Registration 2023: Status, Fee & Last date for January Session
Ignou online cpscm admission: syllabus, eligibility, fee & application form, ignou online crul admission: syllabus, eligibility, fee & application form, ignou online magps admission: syllabus, eligibility, fee & application form, ignou online pgdeoh admission 2023: course info, eligibility & fee, ignou online pgcap admission: syllabus, eligibility, fee & application form, ignou online mats admission: syllabus, eligibility, fee & application form, ignou online pgdgps diploma admission: syllabus, eligibility, fee & application form, ignou online majmc admission 2023: syllabus, eligibility, fee, application process, all update students.
UNIVERSITY ADMISSION 2023 UNIVERSITY NEWS IGNOU ADMISSION IGNOU ARTICLE COURSES ADMISSION IGNOU COURSE ADMISSION IGNOU NEWS IGNOU ONLINE PROGRAMME EDUCATION NEWS
- Admission (4)
- Article (14)
- Arts Course (8)
- Certificate Course (2)
- Commerce course (2)
- Computer course (2)
- Course Admission (27)
- Diploma Course (2)
- Doctoral Course (2)
- Education Course (1)
- IGNOU News (99)
- Law Course (1)
- Management Course (2)
- Online Programme (24)
- Regional Centre (54)
- Science Course (4)
- Study Centre (267)
SOL DU Admission BHU Admission JNU Admission YCMOU Admission CCS University Admission Delhi University Admission Jamia University Admission Chandigarh University Admission Amity University Admission DDU Gorakhpur Admission Allahabad University Admission Lucknow University Admission Gurugram University Admission Kurukshetra University Admission Panjab University Admission Mumbai University Admission Gujarat University Admission Rajasthan University Admission Madras University Admission Jammu University Admission
MSU Baroda Admission Kanpur University Admission Jadavpur University Admission Patna University Admission Calcutta University Admission Calicut University Admission Kerala University Admission Patliputra University Admission Annamalai University Admission Maharshi Dayanand University Admission
BA Admission BBA Admission BBM Admission BCA Admission BSW Admission B.Com Admission B.Sc Admission B.Tech Admission B.Ed Admission B.Pharma Admission Diploma Admission PG Diploma Admission PhD Admission MA Admission MBA Admission MBBS Admission MCA Admission M.Com Admission M.Sc Admission MLIS Admission M.Pharma Admission M.Sc IT Admission MSW Admission M.Tech Admission MBA Finance Admission MBA HR Admission MBA IT Admission MBA Marketing Admission
ICNN NEWS distributors Approved by Ministry Of Broadcasting And Information India. Vide registration number DELENG/2013 dated 30.08.2013. our expert team of academicians and educationists, we have dissected each and every educational system and found out ways to excel in each.
Dear Students, Articles on the ICNN website are published in good faith and for general awareness and information only. There is no guarantee that the information is accurate or correct. All information is used for non-commercial use only. If you find any incorrect information, please inform us immediately and we will update it urgently. As the information is contributed by authors and bloggers, 100% accuracy will not be guaranteed
We can only support students in choosing the best appropriate option for Students, No admission from this website Check University website before Admission
@ ICNN 2021 | [email protected] | ICNN All the articles on this website are published in good faith and for general awareness and information purpose only. We do not claim any accuracy and rightness of the information. For Update info Visit University website.
Login to your account below
Retrieve your password
Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.
Enter Correct Details
- भारत सरकार Government of India
- Language: English
- Skip to main content
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) , was established by an Act of Parliament in 1985. To advance and disseminate learning and knowledge by a diversity of means,including the use of information communication technology, to provide opportunities for higher education to a larger segment of the population and to promote the educational well being of the community generally, to encourage the Open University and distance education systems in the educational pattern of the country and to coordinate and determine standards in such system. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites Online applications for admission to various courses in Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)-2021 for all the eligible candidates, in the prescribed Application Form available on IGNOU’s Website www.ignou.ac.in (https://ignou.nta.ac.in.)
A Leading Portal for IGNOU Students
IGNOU PhD Admission 2023 – Answer Key (OUT), Registration, Exam Date, Interview, Result
IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam July 2022 – IGNOU has officially announced the registration for the entrance exam of the Ph.D. program for the year 2023. Candidates are now able to fill their online entrance application form for taking admission to the Ph.D. programs by IGNOU. Candidates have to wait for sometime who wants to appear for the Ph.D. entrance examination. Candidates are requested to read the article carefully to know the complete details of IGNOU PhD Entrance Eligibility, Registration Procedure, Fees, Syllabus, Dates, and many more.
You Can Also Read:
- IGNOU Courses List 2023
IGNOU PhD Entrance Hall Ticket 2023
Ignou phd entrance result 2023.
Table of Contents
IGNOU PhD Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have a master degree completed from a recognized institution with minimum 55% marks.
Note – SC/ST/OBC candidates will have a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum percentage criteria
IGNOU PhD Course Duration
The minimum course duration for a particular Ph.D. program will be of 3 years and the maximum duration for completing the program is 6 years.
Available Categories of IGNOU PhD Courses
It is to inform all candidates that both category students have to attend the classes at the allotted centre to accomplish their course work given by the university. The student must have 80% attendance in the course work to get eligible for the term-end examination.
IGNOU PhD Entrance Registration & Exam Date 2023
How to apply for ignou phd entrance exam 2023.
- Students can easily apply for Ph.D. Entrance Examination through online mode. Interested candidates have to click on the given application link and then click on the “Online Application Form” link for Ph.D. July 2022. After the click, you will go to the registration section where you have to click on New Registration to begin your registration procedure.
- Candidates have to fill all sections including the Registration and Application Form without any spelling mistakes
- Once you fill the above details, it mandatory to upload your recent passport size scanned photograph and digital signature. A scanned photograph must be less than 200 KB in size and Signature must be less than 30 KB. After uploading, you have to re-verify your application with all the details that you provide to the university before submitting it. You can also get a print of your Application form before proceeding for payment.
- After checking your application, candidates have to pay their application form by online mode. After completion of payment, you will get payment receipt so keep it safe with you for any future reference.
- After successful payment, you will receive a notification or confirmation via SMS or through your registered email ID. If you didn’t get any confirmation then, please contact the IGNOU Ph.D. support team as fast as possible.
- Candidates have to note down their Application Number for login to the Ph.D. entrance portal for downloading their Admit Card and Result in the future.
It is compulsory to register yourself to fill your application form online. Once you have paid your fees for the entrance exam will not refundable to the candidate in any circumstances. There are no documents to needed submit while filling an application form for Ph.D. All original documents will have to produce at the time of the Interview taken by the university.
Click to Fill IGNOU PhD Online Application for 2023 (Closed)
IGNOU PhD Entrance Application Fees 2023
- Rs.1000/- (For All)
IGNOU PhD Entrance Online Payment Methods
- Net Banking
- Debit/Credit Card
IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam Structure 2023
We can understand that many of the students are confused regarding the syllabus and structure of the Ph.D. Entrance Examination. Here, we have an answer for almost all the questions of the students so let’s started. The Ph.D. entrance test will be based on MCQs and there will be a total of 100 questions will be asked in the paper and each question will have 1 mark.
As per the Ph.D. Bulletin, the Ph.D. entrance examination syllabus structure strictly based on the UGC guidelines which mean 50% question will be based on Research methodology and 50% question will be based on a specific subject. We want to relieve all interested students who want to appear in the Ph.D. entrance exam that there is no negative marking in the entrance.
IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam Timing: 02:00 PM To 05:00 PM
Duration of IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam : 3 Hours
IGNOU PhD Selection Procedure
Candidates will be shortlisted for the Ph.D. program by proceeding through two stages called Entrance Exam and Interview. IGNOU Ph.D. entrance examination will have a weighted of 70% while the personal interview will have a weighted of 30% so candidates have to start the preparation according to it.
- Click to Download IGNOU PhD Bulletin July 2022
If candidates want more details and have any queries or questions related to IGNOU PhD vacancies, offered courses, eligibility, available seats then we request you to explore the Ph.D. Bulletin at once to get the answer to all your queries.
IGNOU University released the PhD Entrance Exam Hall Ticket for the session 2023 here. Candidates will be able to download their hall ticket for their entrance examination from the following link and keep the print copy of the hall ticket with you while reaching the exam centre.
- Click for PhD Entrance Hall Ticket 2023 (Released)
If you face any difficulties while downloading your hall ticket then do contact the IGNOU officials for a resolution of the issue.
IGNOU PhD Entrance Answer Key 2023
On 1st March 2023, the university has released the Answer Key for IGNOU PhD Entrance Examination that was conducted on 8th January 2023. The PhD Answer Key can be checked and downloaded till 4th March 2023. If candidates have any queries related to PhD Answer Key then they can send it on [email protected]
- Click for IGNOU PhD Entrance Answer Key 2023
The university will be declare the Ph.D. Entrance Exam Result for the session of 2023 after the conduct of IGNOU PhD Entrance examination.
- Click for PhD Entrance Result 2023 (Not Released Yet)
The candidates can check their PhD Entrance results by two methods. They can either check through Application Number and Password or Application Number and Date of Birth. Therefore, it is necessary that candidates should have their application number, correct date of birth, and security pin to download their Ph.D. Entrance scorecard on their device.
IGNOU PhD Interview Schedule 2023
As you all know that the IGNOU PhD Interview Schedule will be declared only after the release of the IGNOU entrance examination Result so students are requested to check this section after the declaration of PhD Entrance Result 2023. It s mandatory for students to appear in the selection procedure called Interview. The university will be released the Discipline wise Phd Interview List with the exact schedule so candidates are requested to explore the list of their program interviews and do reach on time to get selected for Phd admission to IGNOU.
Click for IGNOU PhD Interview Schedule 2023 (Not Released Yet)
If your program is not available in the above list then do check this page on a regular basis to get the schedule of your Phd interview.
IGNOU PhD Interview Result 2023
After completing the process of personal interview of each candidate, the university has declared the final result of the IGNOU PhD entrance examination to start the procedure of admission to IGNOU PhD programs by paying the required fees to the university.
List of Shortlisted Candidates for IGNOU Phd Admission 2023 (Not Released Yet)
Candidates are requested to go through the final list to check whether they are shortlisted or passed to get admission in their selected PhD program or not. Candidates can find their name from the list or you can also confirm through your application number for the IGNOU PhD entrance examination.
FAQs – IGNOU PhD 2023
Can I Do PhD program from IGNOU?
Yes, Eligible candidates can do PhD from IGNOU
Is IGNOU PhD program Distance or Regular?
IGNOU PhD programs are the regular program and running under the guidelines of UGC.
Is Part-Time or Full-Time PhD Valid?
Of course, it is valid across India.
Is the IGNOU PhD program Recognized by the UGC?
How can I get PhD from IGNOU?
To get a PhD from IGNOU, you have to pass the entrance exam, interview, and course work (theory and practical).
Do I Need to Pass Entrance for Taking Admission in PhD?
Yes. It is compulsory for all interested candidates.
55 thoughts on “IGNOU PhD Admission 2023 – Answer Key (OUT), Registration, Exam Date, Interview, Result”
Is part time or distance Phd is valid? Is IGNOU has part time or distance Phd course ?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Indira Gandhi National Open University announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program for Session 2023, Apply Now
IGNOU PhD Admission 2023 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites application for admission to various PhD program through Entrance test for the academic session commencing in January 2023
IGNOU PhD Admission 2023
Phd courses offered at ignou.
- PhD in Sociology
- PhD in History
- PhD in Library & Information Science
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD in Theatre Arts
- PhD in Fine Arts
- PhD in Dance
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Management
- PhD Education
- PhD in Gender & Development Studies
- PhD Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies
- PhD in Dairy Science and Technology
- PhD in Development Studies
- PhD (Tourism and Hospitality Service Management)
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Nursing
- PhD in French
- PhD in Vocational Education and Training
- PhD in Child Development
- PhD in Home Science
- PhD in Rural Development
- PhD in Social Work
- Last date for submission of Online Application Form : 20th December 2022 extended up to 25th December 2022
- Date of Examination: To be announced later
- Declaration of Result : To be announced later
- Schedule for Interview & Final Selection: To be announced
- The eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D Programme are as follows:
- Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non Creamy Layer), EWS / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time.*
- See the Information Brochure for further details.
- Candidates can apply online at https://ignouphd.samarth.edu.in/. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned step to fill the IGNOU application form
General Instructions for submitting Online Application
- You need to register first, before filling out the online entrance application form.
- The following instructions need to be followed for Registration in the beginning.
- Fill in the UserName and password in the appropriate columns correctly.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Scanned passport size Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)/Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)/ Net Banking
- Note:It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the further information related to online application which you need to fill up.
- After the final submission of the online application form, download the filled in application form, take the printout and enclose the hardcopies/photocopies of all the documents and certificates as mentioned in the student handbook and prospectus to be submitted during counseling for final admission.
Application Fee (Non-refundable)
- Application Fee : Rs.1000/-
Stage 1 – Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test will be conducted by the University across the country. The list of eligible candidates to appear for the Entrance Test will be displayed on IGNOU website.
- No separate communication shall be sent to candidates in this regard.
- Hall Tickets enabling the candidates to take the Entrance Test will also be displayed on IGNOU website. Candidates are required to download and print the same to appear in the Entrance Test.
- Candidates are required to bring with them an original identity proof having photograph, such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport and ID Card issued by Govt. Agencies.
- Those who secure at least 50% marks in the Entrance Test (45% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy layers) / Differently abled persons, EWS and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time will be shortlisted for the interview in order of merit subject to the maximum limit of five times of the available seats.
Stage 2 – Interview/Presentation
- Short-listed Candidates in the Entrance Test will be called for an interview/presentation of Synopsis before the Discipline specific Doctoral Research Committee.
- Offer letters for admission will be sent to the Selected Candidates only.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website
- PhD Admission 2023
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notifications 2023
- IGNOU Admission 2023 Application Form, Dates, Courses
Distance Education Admission 2023
IGNOU B.Ed Admission
IGNOU OPENMAT for MBA
Top Distance Education Universities
Most Popular Distance Learning Courses in India
List of IGNOU Distance Education Courses
Distance learning Psychology courses in India
Travel and Tourism Courses Distance Education
Engineering Correspondence Courses
Kurukshetra University Distance Education
Punjabi University Patiala Distance Education
Top 10 Distance Education Universities for B.Com
Top 10 Distance Education Universities for Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Top 10 Distance Education Universities for Master of Arts (M.A)
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification March 02, 2022
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification March 01, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification February 28, 2023
- Current Affairs February 2023 MCQ Test
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification February 27, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification February 25, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification February 24, 2023
- Erling Haaland Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Height, Biography and more
All India Entrance Exams
State Entrance Exams
Common Entrance Test
Upcoming Entrance Exams 2023
Top Entrance Exams after 12th
Tips to score full marks in Class 12 Article writing question
Tips for scoring full marks in Notice Writing question
Tips to score full marks in Formal letter writing question
10 Positive Quotes to start your day!
10 Powerful Self-Discipline Quotes for Students
Top 10 Quotes For Students on Preparation – Preparation Quotes
Entrance Exams for Jobs after Graduation
Entrance Exams for Commerce Students
Entrance Exams after Graduation
List of Entrance Exams for Teaching Jobs
- Entrance Exams for Railways Recruitment
List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
List of Entrance exams conducted by IITs
Top Mass Communication Entrance Exams
List of Entrance Exams for Arts students after Graduation
Merchant Navy Entrance Exams and Admissions in India
Entrance Exam Dates 2023
Indian Army Entrance Exams 2023
- Top Entrance Exams after Class 12
- Indian Army Entrance Exams
- Entrance Exams After Graduation
- Entrance Exams for Commerce Sudents
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications
- Entrance Exams for Teaching Jobs
- NCHMCT JEE Notification
- PHD Admissions 2023
- IGNOU Admissions 2023
- Distance Education Admissions 2023
- Pharma Admission 2023
- BBA Admissions 2023
- Fashion Design Admissions 2023
- B.Ed Admission 2023
- IAF Agniveer Result 01/2022 declared, Check now !
- UGC NET Result to be announced on 5th November
- NEET 2022 Result announced, Check Now!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2022 announced
- JEE Main 2022 session 1 Result declared
- UPSC Civil Services 2022 Prelims Result declared
- UPSC ESE 2022 Prelims Result announced, Check Now
- Fixed Exam Dates for JEE Main, NEET, CUET from 2023
- ICSE and ISC 2023 Board Exams Date Sheet released
- GATE 2023 Exam Schedule Released, Check Now
- SSC released Exam Dates for CGL, CHSL and other exams
- WBJEE 2023 Exam Date announced, Check Exam Date
- FMGE 2022 December exam postponed, check new exam Date
- AILET 2023 Exam Date announced, check exam date
- GATE 2023 Registration process begins, last date September 30
- UGC amends Distance Learning guidelines
- 8 things you should know about Part-time PhDs – UGC Proposal
- UGC directs Universities to set admission deadlines after Class 12 Board results
- CUET to be held twice a year from 2023
Ph.D. in English at IGNOU , Saket, Delhi
- Compare Brochure
- College Info
- Courses & Fees
- Course Info
- The maximum duration of the course is 6 years
Aegis | Allsec technologies | Axis Bank | CarDekho.Com | Frankfinn | GO Ibibo | ICICI Prudential | NIIT | Policy Bazaar
Want to Know more about IGNOU - Indira Gandhi National Open University Scholarship details?
Other Courses offered by IGNOU - Indira Gandhi National Open University
- B.Sc. (Post Basic)
- B.A. (Hons)
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Teaching & Education
- Business & Management Studies
- Medicine & Health Sciences
- IT & Software
- Accounting & Commerce
- Hospitality & Travel
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Arts ( Fine / Visual / Performing )
- Mass Communication & Media
- Architecture & Planning
- Beauty & Fitness
UG Program in Hospitality Studies
Bachelor of education (b.ed.), m.sc. in environmental science, bachelor of commerce (b.com.).
- Chat with our counsellor
- Get your personalised list of colleges & exams matching your preferences
Photos & Videos
- Library & Information Science
- Ph.D. in Economics
- Developmental Psychology
- Medieval Philosophy
- Foreign Policy
- Personnel Management
- Political Science
- Languages colleges in Delhi
- Humanities & Social Sciences colleges in Delhi
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi Saket, Delhi
Go to website...
- Sharda School of Engineering and Technology
- College of Engineering, Bharati Vidyapeeth
- Shiv Nadar University (SNU)
- Poornima University
- Indian Institute of Materials Management, (IIMM, Bangalore)
- Amity University, Jaipur
- Lovely Professional University, Admission Office
- KIIT - Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- SOA - Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. Take the first step today
Meet top uk universities from the comfort of your home, here’s your new year gift, one app for all your, study abroad needs, start your journey, track your progress, grow with the community and so much more.
An OTP has been sent to your registered mobile no. Please verify
Thanks for your comment !
Our team will review it before it's shown to our readers.
List of PhD Programmes Offered by IGNOU
- Updated on
- Aug 28, 2021
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a leading open university in India. It offers distance learning courses along with regular classes at low-cost fees with no age limit. The university offers a wide range of PhD courses like Anthropology , Biochemistry , Computer Science , French , Psychology , and more. In this blog, we will cover courses, fees, application form, and entrance exams for studying PhD in IGNOU.
This Blog Includes:
Courses offered in phd programme in ignou, eligibility criteria for phd in ignou, phd ignou entrance test, admission process for ignou, application process , fees and registration charges, jobs and salary, faqs .
PhD in IGNOU includes various courses. Let’s look at the following list of PhD courses in IGNOU:
- PhD in Anthropology
- PhD in Economics
- PhD in Library and Information Science
- PhD in Political Science
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Public Administration
- PhD in Sociology
- PhD in Biochemistry
- PhD in Chemistry
- PhD in Geography
- PhD in Geology
- PhD in Statistics
- PhD in Nursing
- PhD in Social Work
- PhD in Translation Studies
- PhD in Vocational Education and Training
- PhD in French
- PhD in Food and Nutritional Science
- PhD in Home Science
- PhD in Commerce
- PhD in Management
- PhD in Education
- PhD in Gender and Development Studies
- PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD in Dairy Science and Technology
- PhD in Development Studies
- PhD in Computer Science
Also Read: PhD Scholarships in India
Candidates applying for the PhD course in IGNOU must go through the eligibility criteria to make sure they are eligible for giving the exam. The eligibility criteria for PhD Programme in IGNOU are as follows:
- It is mandatory for the candidates to have completed the post-graduation in the relevant discipline.
- It is mandatory to have secured a minimum of 55% in post-graduation for the unreserved category people, and a 5% relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates.
- Exemption : Those candidates who have completed MPhil, along with the course work, or have passed the NET (conducted by UGC/ CSIR/ ICAR) or any other equivalent exam will not have to appear for the IGNOU entrance exam for PhD in IGNOU.
Also Read: Integrated PhD
The entrance tests are an essential part of IGNOU’s admission process. Aspiring candidates have to fill the application form and then sit for the entrance test for PhD in IGNOU. For this course, the entrance test is a written test with some of its key particulars given below:
To get admission in IGNOU, a candidate had to sit for an entrance exam conducted by IGNOU. Apart from the entrance exam, candidates also have to appear for an interview. At first, candidates have to fill out the application form; next, the shortlisted candidates have to sit for the entrance exam. Then, on the basis of the result or performance of the entrance test, the candidates are called for the interview round. Those who get selected for admission are sent an offer letter to officially join the University for a PhD course.
Must Read: PhD Entrance Exams
Candidates applying for PhD in IGNOU have to follow the following steps for filling application form:
- Visit the IGNOU Website.
- Register yourself on the website by using the new registration option.
- Choose the course and remember the course ID.
- Click on application to get the application form.
- Fill the form and pay the fees related to it.
- Upload the required documents on the website while registering.
- Click on the submit button to submit the form and your application will be accepted.
Also Read: Part-time PhD courses for Students
The fees and registration charges for the application form are:
- For General category and OBC: Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST/EWS: Rs.800/-
After completing your PhD from IGNOU, you will get the best possible opportunities for jobs. You should know that a PhD degree from IGNOU holds a lot of value in India and abroad. The roles which most of the students get after completing PhD are given below:
- Business Development Executive (BDE) in Banking Sector
- Relationship Manager by TATA AIA Life Insurance Company Limited
- Site Visitor and Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Associate Executive Sales
- Sales and Operations roles
- Management Trainee
Yes, IGNOU is a recognized University in India; hence it is not only valid in India but also throughout the world.
PhD from IGNOU is regular and full-time.
Candidates applying for the PhD Programme in IGNOU must have a master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 55%. For reserved candidates, there is a 5% relaxation.
No, there is no negative markings.
Yes, it is recognized by UGC.
Yes, it is compulsory.
Must Read: Best Countries for Pursuing PhD Programmes
This was all about PhD courses in IGNOU! Planning to pursue a PhD abroad? Get in touch with a Leverage Edu expert today on 1800 572 000 and shortlist the best universities and courses based on your profile!
Team Leverage Edu
How would you describe this article ?
Please rate this article
We would like to hear more.
Have something on your mind?
Connect With Us
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. take the first step today..
Resend OTP in
Need help with?
UK, Canada, US & More
IELTS, GRE, GMAT & More
Scholarship, Loans & Forex
Which English test are you planning to take?
Which academic test are you planning to take.
Not Sure yet
When are you planning to take the exam?
Already booked my exam slot
Within 2 Months
Want to learn about the test
Which Degree do you wish to pursue?
When do you want to start studying abroad.
What is your budget to study abroad?
Make your study abroad dream a reality in January 2022 with
India's Biggest Virtual University Fair
Essex Direct Admission Day
Why attend .
Don't Miss Out
According to U.S. Census 2013 data, 1.68 percent of Americans over the age of 25 have a PhD. This equates to approximately 2.5 million people. People with professional degrees such as MD or DDS make up 1.48 percent of the U.S.
Getting an English PhD online takes commitment and focus, but can provide academic prestige. Learn the best places to enroll and what it takes to earn this high-level degree. June 10, 2021 • 6 Min Read Find a program that’s right for you. T...
Educators must stay on the cutting edge of policy reform and research-based instructional strategies designed to give their students the best opportunity for a bright future. Educators must stay on the cutting edge of policy reform and rese...
Doctor of Philosophy in English (PHDENG) ; Minimum Duration: 3 Years ; Maximum Duration: 6 Years ; Course Fee: Rs. 16,800 ; Minimum Age: No bar
The students highly pursue IGNOU PhD in English course, and the duration is 3 years, divided into 6 semesters. The PHDENG course fee is Rs
IGNOU Ph.D. English Eligibility Criteria · Candidates applying for Ph.D. · Must have secured minimum 55% aggregate marks in M.Phil or masters · Must have qualified
Students applying at IGNOU for Ph.D. programs require clearing the entrance test and completing their graduation degree from a UGC-recognized university to
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites Online applications for admission to various courses in Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)-2021 for all
Candidates will be shortlisted for the Ph.D. program by proceeding through two stages called Entrance Exam and Interview. IGNOU Ph.D. entrance examination will
IGNOU PhD Programs Details ; Doctor of Philosophy in English (PhD in English), Rs. 6,600, Minimum: 2 Years Maximum: 5 Years ; Doctor of Philosophy in Extension &
Candidates are required to bring with them an original identity proof having photograph, such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport and ID
Ph.D. in English atIGNOU , Saket, Delhi ; Qualification, Entry Criteria ; Post Graduation. 55% ; This college offers 419 courses ; in 18 streams ; and 82
Any courses or qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi which is equivalent to a Post Graduation's Degree awarded by UGC
Courses Offered in PhD Programme in IGNOU · PhD in Anthropology · PhD in Economics · PhD in Library and Information Science · PhD in Political