- How it works
HRM Dissertation Topics
Published by Carmen Troy at January 6th, 2023 , Revised On January 6, 2023
Human resource management studies stated that employees should be hired, retained and managed. It is an extensive field that requires an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors and concepts.
As a human resource management student, you will study many different concepts, frameworks, and theories related to employee management. However, before your graduation, you will be required to submit a dissertation on a human resource management research topic of your choice.
Even though several topics and concepts are yet to explore in the field of human resource management, you will want to make sure that your proposed topic has sufficient literature to support and justify the content of a theoretical framework , or else you might struggle with data collection .
This article provides you with a comprehensive list of HRM topics that are relevant to your field and identifies some interesting literature gaps.
Choosing from our list of topics will certainly improve your chances of submitting an outstanding dissertation. So, go ahead and choose an HRM dissertation topic of your interest. We can even customize these topics based on your project needs.
PhD qualified writers of our team have developed the proposed topics, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the topic, research question , aim and objectives , literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our dissertation examples to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation .
Review the full list of dissertation topics for 2022 here.
- International Development Dissertation Topics
- Cooperate Governance Dissertation Topics
- Business Intelligence Dissertation Topics
- Business Information Technology Dissertation Topics
- International Business Dissertation Topics
- Business Management Dissertation Topics
- Business Psychology Dissertation Topics
- Business Law Dissertation Topics
- Project Management Dissertation Topics
- Business Dissertation Topics
- Management Dissertation Topics
- Operations Management Dissertation Topics
2022 HRM Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: how human resources departments achieve equal employment opportunities.
Research Aim: The research will aim to investigate how HR departments achieve equal employment opportunity in organizations. EEO, or Equal Employment Opportunity, is the notion everybody has an equal chance to pursue a job on the basis of merit, regardless of skin color, gender, or gender identity. It is the duty of HR department to give every employee and equal right in the organization. The research will examine how HR department keep the organization environment friendly by controlling equal employment opportunities.
Topic 2: The effect of motivating strategies on employee performance
Research Aim: The research will aim to find the impact of motivating strategies on employee performance. Employee motivation plays a huge part on performance. Employee engagement cannot be substituted by anything else in order for any organisation to run efficiently and without interruption. It is critical that a company and its employees not only have a strong connection with the top management, but also have a good and healthy relationship with their colleagues. The study will also make recommendations on what further might be done to obtain optimal results utilising motivating methods for the benefit of both the company and the individual.
Topic 3: Organizational Conflicts as Antecedents of Staff Turnover: Evidence from the UK Food Sector
Research Aim: The research will aim to review recent available literature on employee turnover in order to determine organizational conflicts as antecedents of employee turnover in the UK food sector in order to close gaps in the literature and present a broader range of turnover factors and understanding of employee motivational factors in their job decision.
Topic 4: How does AI involvement in HRM provide Zara with a competitive advantage?
Research Aim: The research will aim to inspect the benefit of competitive advantage at Zara through the involvement of artificial intelligence in their HRM. AI assists the human resources department in identifying their personnel’ skill sets and recommending a training programme based on their work positions. It combines all of the data and assists the HR staff in making succinct decisions about what training to do in which sector to boost abilities. The study will also explain the importance of AI in organizations and organizations success. It will also look into strategies and policies Zara used to achieve competitive advantage.
Topic 5: The role of HR in creating a respected working environment that contributes in sustainable revenue growth
Research Aim: The research aims to examine the role of HR in creating a respected working environment and sustainable revenue growth. The study will identify current misunderstandings and disparities in understanding of topics such as sustainable development, corporate social responsibility, and the link between strategic human resource management and sustainable HRM through a comprehensive literature review. It will also identify and recognise the challenges that sustainable HRM encounters in reality, with a particular emphasis on the prevalent strategic HRM schema and the misunderstanding of corporate social responsibility.
Covid-19 HRM Research Topics
The role of managers during the pandemic.
Research Aim: In this study, the Human resource management techniques which HR managers will adopt for performing their operations during the COVID -19 will be discussed.
The management techniques for employees.
Research Aim: This study will focus on how the employees are trained during the Coronavirus pandemic.
The economic Crisis for HR Managers during Covid-19
Research Aim: This study will discuss how the economic crisis will disturb the payroll and how the managers will work.
The policies of HR for affected employees.
Research Aim: In this study, HR will design policies on how HR will manage when there is a gap between employees working. How will the ill patients be provided with support by companies through HR?
The employees' cooperation for HR
Research Aim: This study will highlight how well the employees support the decisions of the HR policymakers during the pandemic.
HRM Dissertation Topics for 2021
Topic 1: effect of employee engagement on customer loyalty in the service-based industry.
Research Aim: Employees engagement means that employees are passionate and committed to their work. In the service industry, where employees’ performance can greatly influence the quality of service, it is worth exploring employee engagement in customer loyalty in the service-based industry. Therefore, in this study, survey-based research will be conducted to identify employee engagement in customer loyalty.
Topic 2: Contingent workforce and its impact on organisation’s performance – Evaluating the IT Industry
Research Aim: Nowadays, companies hire freelancers and contractual workers, unlike permanent payroll employees. Various cost benefits can be obtained by hiring such a workforce. However, such a workforce may not have the required skills to do a job as effectively as a trained staff would have done. Thus, the present study focuses on identifying the impact of a contingent workforce on its performance in the IT industry.
Topic 3: Factors of growing mental health issues of employees at workplace in service-based industries
Research Aim: The wellness of employees at the workplace is necessary for their mental health and work performance. This study will identify the factors that can increase employees’ mental health issues at the workplace based on survey-based of employees and managers of service-based industries.
Topic 4: Analysing the importance and impact of training and development on an organisation’s sustainability during economic crises.
Research Aim: to achieve organizational objectives and milestones, leaders and business owners have realized the importance of training and developing their workforce to align with the organizational objectives. This research aims to analyze the importance and impact of employee training and development on the organization’s sustainability during economic downturns.
Topic 5: How online digital platforms have helped organisations in recruiting effectively and efficiently
Research Aim: With the advent of technology, firms have revolutionized their business operations. Under this revolution, many organizations have adopted different techniques and methods to recruit talented employees. Therefore, this research intends to determine how online digital platforms have helped organizations find employees more efficiently and effectively.
Topic 6: Analysing the factors which directly impact an employee's personal decision to leave employment
Research Aim: Employee turnover rate has always been a major concern for many organizations regardless of their size and nature. A valuable and talented employee is usually hard to find and retain. However, it has been found out that different factors motivate an employee to search for a new job. Keeping this phenomenon in mind, the current research will be analyzing the factors that directly impact the employee’s personal decision to leave employment.
Topic 7: Critically analysing the concept of workplace flexibility and how it impacts employee and organisational performance
Research Aim: In today’s modern era, the workplace environment has been transformed drastically from a strict and conventional style to a more flexible one. Therefore, this research aims to critically analyze the concept of workplace flexibility and how it impacts employee and organizational performance.
Topic 8: A comparative analysis of employees' job satisfaction and motivational factors in public versus private organisations.
Research Aim: Job satisfaction and employee motivation are regarded as the most important element of HR practices. The main aim of HR policies is to satisfy, retain, and motivate employees. Therefore, this research aims to conduct a comparative analysis of the employee’s job satisfaction and motivational factors in public versus private organizations.
Topic 9: The influence of COVID-19 on virtual employee management practices by organisations
Research Aim: This research is highly useful in the current context of COVID-19. Organisations all around the world are getting impacted by the COVID-19 and are closed at the moment. The current study will focus on using different virtual employee management practices that companies can use in the current context of COVID-19. These practices will be beneficial for organizations in almost all business sectors.
Topic 10: The role of using transformational leadership style in the improvement of organisational creativity at Morrisons
Research Aim: The aim of this research will be the benefits of using the transformational leadership style by Morrisons’ leaders to improve organizational creativity. This study will research how leaders can get the advantage of a transformational leadership style for increasing creativity at the organization.
Topic 11: The green HRM practices and their impacts on the corporate image of IKEA
Research Aim: This study will aim to study different green HRM practices and their role in improving IKEA’s corporate image and reputation. It will be researched how companies can improve their corporate image by focusing on green HRM practices and processes. The findings will be beneficial for the management, customers as well as employees.
Topic 12: Involving employees in the decision-making process and its influence on employee productivity at Subway
Research Aim: It will be researched in this study how Subway and other companies in this industry can involve the workers in the decision-making process to improve employee productivity. It will be studied that employee productivity is increased by involving the employees in the decision-making process. The findings will be useful in designing useful HR practices by Subway.
Topic 13: The impact of a flat organisational structure on the decision-making process
Research Aim: The main objective of this study is to evaluate the decision-making difficulties and issues faced by HR managers of companies with a flat organizational structure. This study will also investigate the benefits and challenges related to the flat organizational structures used by companies. A case study approach will be used.
Topic 14: The role of workforce diversity in improving organisational capability and innovation at Toyota Motors
Research Aim: To carry out this study, an innovative company named Toyota Motors will be selected. The main objective for carrying out this study will be to analyze how the organizational capability and innovation at Toyota Motors are improved due to workforce diversity. The main emphasis will be on studying the workforce diversity present at Toyota Motors and its significance in improving innovation and organizational capability. The success factors of Toyota Motors for HR will be studied.
Topic 15: The impact of digitalization on changing HRM practices at Aviva
Research Aim: The contemporary business world moves towards digitalization due to technological advancements. This research will study the different impacts of digitalization in changing various HRM practices at Aviva. Different HRM practices used by Aviva before and after the digitalization era will be discussed, and the changes will be analyzed. This study will show how digitalization has changed HRM practices in the contemporary business world.
Topic 16: The influence of employee learning and development opportunities on employee satisfaction at British Airways
Research Aim: It will be studied in this research that how employee satisfaction at British Airways is influenced by employee learning and development opportunities. Different employee learning and development opportunities at BA will be studied, along with their impact on workforce satisfaction.
Topic 17: The impact of recognizing employee contributions on employee retention at Shell
Research Aim: This study’s main objective is to analyse whether Shell can retain its employees by recognizing their contributions or not. Different strategies used by Shell for recognizing employee contributions will be studied that lead towards motivating the employees, which ultimately impact the retention of workers.
Topic 18: The role of green HR practices in employee engagement and retention
Research Aim: Green HR practices is a newly emerged concept in HRM. The study will aim to research the impact of green HR practices on employee engagement and retention. It will be studied how companies can improve employee engagement and retention by focusing on green HR practices.
Topic 19: The role of providing daycare facilities in increasing the productivity of female employees
Research Aim: This study will be focusing on the productivity of female workers. It will be studied how female workers’ productivity is increased by providing daycare facilities for their children. The impact on the satisfaction level of female employees due to the daycare facility will also be explored.
Topic 20: The impact of artificial intelligence on enhancing the human resource practices of Zara
Research Aim: For this study, the researcher will focus on the concept of artificial intelligence and use it in the HR context. It will be studied that either the HR practices at Zara can be enhanced by implementing AI. The benefits and implications of implementing AI in the HR context will also be part of this study.
Topic 21: The role of e-leadership in improving employee productivity and motivation.
Research Aim: The contemporary business world has become highly advanced due to technological capabilities. The concept of e-leadership has emerged due to advancements in technology. The purpose of this study will be to analyse the impact of e-leadership in improving the productivity and motivation level of the workforce.
Topic 22: The role of effective HR planning in a successful strategic alliance process.
Research Aim: This study will study the importance of effective HR planning for the strategic alliance process. It will be studied how HR management can mould the HR practices and focus on effective HR planning to make the strategic alliance process successful.
Topic 23: The impact of different personality traits on teamwork at Microsoft
Research Aim: The main focus of this research will be studying Microsoft’s teamwork. It will be further analyzed how Microsoft’s teamwork is influenced by the personality traits possessed by different team members. Different types of personality traits will be studied in this research that impacts teamwork positively and negatively.
Topic 24: The impact of career growth opportunities on employee loyalty at HSBC Holdings.
Research Aim: This study will aim to review different types of career growth opportunities offered by HBSC Holdings to its employees. Moreover, it will also be studied how employee loyalty is improved due to various career growth opportunities. The findings of this study will be beneficial for the banking sector.
Topic 25: The role of adapted HR practices in improving organisational performance at the international branch of DHL.
Research Aim: The study’s main objective will be to analyse companies’ changes in their HR practices for international branches. How and why the HR practices are adapted by HR management for improving the organisational performance at the company’s branch, which is located outside the country. For this, the DHL case study will be selected, and it will be assessed how and why DHL has used adapted HR practices across different countries.
HR Learning and Development Dissertation Topics
All organisational activities aimed at improving the productivity and performance of groups and individuals can be classified as HRM’s learning and development function elements. Learning and development encompass three pivotal activities, including education, training, and development.
As such, the training activities help to evaluate an employee based on his existing job responsibilities. Educational activities include those focusing on jobs that an employee can expect to carry out in the future.
Finally, the development activities are those that the employer may partake in the future. If you’re interested in exploring this human resource topic in-depth, we have some interesting dissertation topics for you:
Topic 1:The importance of appreciative inquiry with respect to organisational learning and development culture – A case study of ExxonMobil
Research Aim: This research will discuss the importance of appreciative inquiry and its impact on organisational learning and development culture with a specific focus on ExxonMobil.
Topic 2:To establish the correlation between organisation competency development and learning activities & programmes
Research Aim: This research will discuss how organisational competency development and organisational learning activities are correlated.
Topic 3:An examination of knowledge management and organisational learning for sustained firm performance. A case study of British Telecom
Research Aim: This research will examine how organisational learning and knowledge management helped British Telecom sustain their firm performance.
Topic 4:Investigating learning and development of human resources in the public sector in the UK
Research Aim: This dissertation will evaluate the different ways of achieving the learning and development of human resources in the UK’s public sector.
Topic 32:The importance of HR learning and development activities for SMEs
Research Aim: This research will focus on how SMEs utilize HR learning and developmental activities to improve their employees’ performance.
Topic 33:Human resource practices and employees’ decision to quit – Does Lack of Learning and Development play a Role.
Research Aim: This research will focus on whether or not lack of learning and development in an organization leads to employee turnover,
Topic 34:Developing organisational competitive advantage through strategic employee training in computer knowledge
Research Aim: This dissertation will explore how companies can gain a strategic advantage over their competitors through employee training.
Topic 35:The impact of various training and learning based activities on employees’ productivity
Research Aim: The main aim of this research will be to determine the impact of different pieces of training and learnings on employees’ productivity.
Topic 36: The role of HR analytics and metrics in improving organizational performance at Tesco
Research Aim: This study aims to research a new concept in human resource management, named HR analytics and metrics. Moreover, their impact on improving organizational performance will also be studied. This study will be beneficial for Tesco in using HR analytics and metrics in different HR practices that can lead to improved organizational performance.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service , which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service !
HR Performance Review Dissertation Topics
A performance review, also known as a career development discussion, performance evaluation and employee appraisal, can be defined as a method to evaluate an employee based on their job performance, mainly for appraisals. This might be an interesting area to focus your dissertation on. Here are some interesting topics in this area of HRM:
Topic 37:To understand the relationship between performance review and employee motivation in large and diversified business organisations
Research Aim: This research will understand the relationship between employee motivation and employee performance review. Large and diversified businesses will be the main focus of this study.
Topic 38:Effective performance appraisal – A study to establish a correlation between employer satisfaction and optimising business results
Research Aim: This research will analyse the impact of performance appraisal on employer satisfaction and how it optimises business results.
Topic 39: Investigating the efficacy of performance appraisal from the perception of employees in UK retail industry – A case study of Tesco
Research Aim: This research will analyse the efficacy of performance appraisal concerning employees, with a specific focus on Tesco.
Topic 40: Employee performance appraisal and the role of fairness and satisfaction
Research Aim: This dissertation will explore whether employees report satisfaction and fairness when performance appraisal is conducted.
Topic 41:Investigating performance review and appraisal methods employed by human resource department of any large oil and gas company
Research Aim: This research will study the human resource department of a large oil and gas company and will investigate how “performance review” and appraisals are conducted.
Topic 42: Job satisfaction and performance appraisals – Are they Interconnected?
Research Aim: This research will study in-depth whether job satisfaction and performance appraisals are interconnected or not.
Topic 43:Investigating the relationship between public sector appraisals and the spinal pay reward
Research Aim: This research will talk about the spinal pay reward system and evaluate its effectiveness in the public sector.
Topic 44:Analysing the impact of performance management on employee performance improvement
Research Aim: This research will investigate how performance management helps companies improve their employees’ performance.
Topic 45: Can HR performance drive employee engagement? Studying the UK banking industry
Research Aim: This research will talk about the different ways through which HR performance review helps in improving employee engagement. The UK banking industry will be in focus in this study.
Topic 46:The role of HR performance review in increasing employee retention and productivity
Research Aim: This research will investigate how organisations utilize performance reviews as a tool to improve employee retention and productivity.
HR Employee Motivation Dissertation Topics
Employees need objectives and goals to remain focused. The quality of work may significantly drop if they are not constantly motivated by their employers.
Business organizations employ various employee motivation methods and techniques to keep their employees motivated. Thus, this is an interesting topic to explore for your final year dissertation. Here are some HRM dissertation topics related to employee motivation.
Topic 47:To investigate the role of motivation in HRM – A study highlighting the most important motivation factors for future business leaders
Research Aim: This research will discuss the different motivation factors organisations should use to develop future leaders. In addition to this, the role of motivation throughout HRM will be discussed.
Topic 48:Employee satisfaction and work motivation – Are they both related?
Research Aim: This research will understand the relationship between motivation and employee satisfaction and the different motivation techniques companies can employ to increase employee satisfaction.
Topic 49: Evaluating the Role of Employee motivation in performance Enhancement
Research Aim: This study will discuss the role of employee motivation concerning employee performance, i.e. whether it enhances performance or not.
Topic 50:Human resource management – Motivation among workers in large and diversified business organisations
Research Aim: This dissertation will talk about motivation in large and diversified organisations and how these companies ensure that their employees are motivated at all times.
Topic 51:Effects of motivational programmes and activities on employee performance
Research Aim: This research will focus on the different motivational techniques and programs that impact employee performance.
Topic 52: Does motivation play a role in decreasing employee turnovers? A case study of British Airways
Research Aim: This research will discuss the role of motivation in decreasing employee turnover with a specific focus on British airways.
Topic 53:Motivation and performance reward – Are the two interrelated?
Research Aim: This research will talk about motivation and performance rewards and will assess whether the two are interrelated and directly related.
Topic 54: Work productivity and the role of employee motivation programmes and activities
Research Aim: This study will assess employee motivation programs’ impact on employee productivity, i.e. if it increases or decreases.
Topic 55:To discuss the role of employee motivation in relation to retention levels
Research Aim: This research will analyze employee motivation’s role to help companies retain employees.
Topic 56:Differences and similarities between traditional and contemporary theories
Research Aim: This research will discuss and compare traditional and contemporary motivation theories implemented by companies.
Topic 57: The role of employee empowerment in employee motivation and satisfaction at British Petroleum.
Research Aim: This study will aim to analyse different strategies of employee empowerment carried out by British Petroleum and their impact on workers’ motivation and satisfaction. The research will be studied that either different employee empowerment strategies improve employee motivation and satisfaction. The findings will be beneficial for companies working in the petroleum sector.
Topic 58: The impact of open communication in improving employee engagement at Zara
Research Aim: In this research, different modes of communication used by organisations will be studied and especially the impact of open communication in improving employee engagement at Zara will be analyzed. The importance of open communication for different organisations in the fashion and retail sectors will be discussed. Moreover, different communication strategies that can help improve employee engagement at Zara will be discussed based on past literature, theories, and framework.
HR Performance Management Dissertation Topics
All processes and activities to consistently meet organisational goals and objectives can be considered the HR performance management mechanism elements. Different organisations employ different performance management strategies to gain a competitive advantage. To explore this area of human resources, here are some intriguing topics for you:
Topic 59:Investigating different performance management techniques for retaining employees
Research Aim: This research will talk about companies’ various performance management techniques to retain employees.
Topic 60:The role of performance management activities in improving employees’ skills and abilities
Research Aim: This research will discuss how performance management helps employees improve their skills and abilities and how it ultimately helps companies.
Topic 61:Managing performance of workers through performance management techniques – A Case Study of Google
Research Aim: This research will explore how organisations use different performance management techniques to manage employees and their performance. A specific focus of this study will be Google Incorporation.
Topic 62:Employee performance and performance management systems – A qualitative study
Research Aim: This study will conduct a qualitative study to understand the different performance management systems for improving employee performance.
Topic 63:Performance management examinations in human resource management of profit-oriented organisations
Research Aim: This research will understand performance management in profit-oriented companies regarding how their human resource department ensures optimal performance.
Topic 64:Exploring the essentials elements of the performance management framework
Research Aim: This research will explore its vital features and performance management framework.
Topic 65:Human resource management practices and business performance – The role of environmental uncertainties and strategies
Research Aim: This research will explore whether environment uncertainties and strategies play a role in employee and business performance.
Topic 66:The efficacy of performance management systems in the UK’s retail industry
Research Aim: This research will explore the UK’s retail industry’s performance management efficacy.
Topic 67:Towards a framework for performance management in a higher education institution
Research Aim: This research will investigate performance management in the educational setting.
Topic 68:Should wages be capped through performance management – A qualitative study
Research Aim: This research will analyse whether wages should be adjusted and capped concerning performance management with a focus on its effects.
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
Strategic Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics
Strategic human resource management is tying the human resource management objective to the company’s goals and objectives. This helps companies in innovating and staying ahead of their competitors by gaining a competitive advantage.
Being a relatively new concept, there are various aspects of strategic HRM that are left to be explored. Here are some interesting strategic HRM dissertation topics for you:
Topic 69:The efficacy of communication processes and employees’ involvement plans to improve employee commitment towards organisational goals – A case study of Sainsbury
Research Aim: This research will study the role and efficacy of the communication processes and employees’ involvement in order to improve employees’ commitment towards organisational goals.
Topic 70:To investigate SHRM theory and practice in a call centre – A case study of any UK call centre
Research Aim: This dissertation will discuss the various SHRM theories and how it is implemented. A UK-based call center will be focused on this study.
Topic 71: Differences and similarities between SHRM strategies and policies employed by German and Japanese automobile companies
Research Aim: This research will compare the different SHRM techniques and policies implemented by German and Japanese automobile companies.
Topic 72: A resource-based view assessment of strategic human resources quality management systems
Research Aim: This research will understand the resource-based view of strategic human resources quality management systems.
Topic 73: To understand and critically evaluate the HRM strategies employed by small and medium sized enterprises in the UK
Research Aim: This research will discuss and evaluate the different strategic HRM strategies employed by small and medium-sized enterprises in the UK.
Topic 74: Relating organisational performance to strategic human resource management – A study of small scale businesses in the UK
Research Aim: This study will analyse whether organisational performance and strategic human resource management are interconnected by assessing small scale businesses in the UK.
Topic 75: Investigating strategic human resource management in Singapore – A qualitative study
Research Aim: This research will analyse strategic human resource management in Singapore by undertaking a qualitative method.
Topic 76: The role of organisational support programmes to enhance work outcome and employees behaviour
Research Aim: This research will understand the organisational support program in order to enhance employee work outcome and their behaviour.
Topic 77: To establish the most important components of strategic HRM for SMEs in the UK to develop a competitive advantage
Research Aim: This research will talk about the relationship between the different SHRM components for SMEs in the UK in order to gain a competitive advantage.
Topic 78: To establish the significance of the relationship between organisational performance and strategic human resource management
Research Aim: This research will explore the relationship between organisational performance and strategic human resource management and how it helps companies achieve their objectives.
Human Resource Theory Dissertation Topics
The human resource theory framework consists of a soft and hard approach to human resources management. Various theories cover the different aspects of the soft and hard human resource approach.
Exploring this area of HRM will help in understanding more about the soft and hard HRM approaches. Here are some dissertation topics in this area that you can choose from.
Topic 79: A comparative analysis of various human resources theory approaches
Research Aim: This research will discuss various human resource theories and approaches and provide a comparative analysis.
Topic 80:To study human resources systems practiced by Multinationals in the UK
Research Aim: This research will discuss the various human resource systems as practised by multinational companies operating in the UK.
Topic 81:The role of human resources management (HRM) in regards to addressing workers’ concerns.
Research Aim: This research will discuss the importance of human resources in understanding and addressing worker’s concerns.
Topic 82: Can HRM have a negative influence on the performance of business organisations – A qualitative study?
Research Aim: This research will discuss a unique aspect of human resource management, i.e. whether it harms the company’s performance or not.
Topic 83: Is Human resources the only option for employees? An exploratory study
Research Aim: This study will analyze human resources’ role in solving employee issues and assess whether it is the only option for employees.
Topic 84:Exploring the contribution of human resource to the success of organisations
Research Aim: This research will aim to understand the role and contribution of the human resource department in companies’ success.
Topic 85:To investigate the most predominant human HRM and control strategies employed by business organisations
Research Aim: This research will discuss an interesting topic, i.e. the most predominant HRM strategies organisations implement.
Topic 86:To investigate the role of HR as a shared service.
Research Aim: This study will discuss human resources’ role as a shared service in the organisation.
Topic 87:Does a supervisor has a role to play in implementing HR practices – A critical study
Research Aim: This study will critically analyze supervisors’ role in implementing human resource practices in an organization.
Topic 88:The ethics of firing employees – Do companies really follow it?
Research Aim: This research will focus on how employees are fired at organizations and whether human resources follow the ethics of firing or not.
HR Organisational Culture Dissertation Topics
Organisational culture, also known as organisational climate, is defined as the process by which an organisation’s culture can be quantified. The properties of the work environment that are either considered positive or negative by the employees (and that may influence their behaviour) are the most important components of the organisational culture framework.
Studying this aspect of human resources will help you gain an in-depth knowledge of the role of culture in human resource management. Here are some interesting dissertation topics in this area:
Topic 89:The role of leadership, HRM and culture in vitalising management systems in firms
Research Aim: This research will understand the role of leadership and culture in human resource management and how it helps companies manage their systems.
Topic 90:Finding the right balance between differentiation and standardisation of HRM practices and policies – HRM of multinational companies operating within the European Union
Research Aim: There are certain human resource practices that are standardized throughout the world. This research will investigate the differences between such standard policies with respect to culture. Multinationals operating in the European Union will be focused.
Topic 91:Cross-cultural human resource management – The role it plays in the success of different organisations
Research Aim: This research will study the role of cross-cultural human resource management in the success of companies.
Topic 92:The impact of cross-cultural competencies in start-up companies
Research Aim: A lot of companies do not encourage cross-cultural human resources in the workplace. This research will analyse how cross-cultural competencies help startups grow and succeed.
Topic 93:The role of organisational cultural on HRM policies and practices – A case study of Cambridge University
Research Aim: This research will aim to understand the role of organisational culture on human resource policies and practices. The main focus of this study will be at Cambridge University.
Topic 94:The relationship between human resource management practices and organisational culture towards organisational commitment
Research Aim: This research will assess the relationship between different cultures and human resource practices with respect to organisational commitment.
Topic 95: Investigating cultural differences between the work values of employees and the implications for managers
Research Aim: This study will conduct an investigation related to the work values of employees based on their various cultural differences. It will then be concluded what this means for the managers.
Topic 96:To effectively manage cultural change without affecting work productivity
Research Aim: This research will discuss an interesting topic as to how managers should manage organisational cultural change without harming productivity.
Topic 97:Inducting new employees into the culture – Does it help organisations?
Research Aim: This research will discuss whether or not it is feasible for organisations to hire employees when the company is undergoing a cultural change.
Topic 98:Recruiting to change the culture – The Impact it has on the Profitability of the Company
Research Aim: This research will discuss whether companies should hire to lead change in the organisation, i.e. whether hiring should be done for this specific purpose, and what this new hiring means for the company in terms of profitability.
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in an academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
HR Diversity Dissertation Topics
The changing corporate world has provoked organisations to develop and implement diversity management systems as part of their human resource management system. Although relatively new, diversity management is an important research area of human resource management that brings challenges and learning to employees.
With many areas unexplored and literature gaps in this subject, there are some extremely interesting dissertation topics you can select for your final year project. Some of them are listed here:
Topic 99: Investigating the difference between discrimination and diversity – How Do they Impact Organisations
Research Aim: This research will discuss the differences between the two concepts, diversity and discrimination and their impact on organisations.
Topic 100:Managing diversity through HRM: A conceptual framework and an international perspective
Research Aim: This study will discuss how the human resource department can manage diversity. The study will be conducted in an international setting.
Topic 101:Managing diversity in the public sector – How do companies manage to remain successful
Research Aim: This research will explore managing diversity in the public sector and how these companies can be successful even through diversity.
Topic 102:Managing cultural diversity in human resource management
Research Aim: As much as a human resource helps companies manage diversity, how will companies manage diversity in their main HR department. This research will answer this exact question.
Topic 103:The managerial tools, opportunities, challenges and benefits associated with diversity in the workplace
Research Aim: This research will focus on the tools available to human resources in managing diversity, and how they change it to opportunities and overcome diversity-related challenges.
Topic 104: Investigating the challenges of exclusion and inequality in organisations – Assessing HR’s role.
Research Aim: This research will first investigate the exclusion and inequality challenges that organisations face and how human resources overcome these challenges.
Topic 105:How does HRM Help in managing cultural differences and diversity
Research Aim: This research will discuss HR’s role in managing cultural differences and diversity in organisations.
Topic 106: Can HR eliminate diversity-related discrimination from workplaces? Assessing its role
Research Aim: This research will talk about HR’s role in eliminating diversity-related discrimination from organisations, and whether it will be successful in doing so or not.
Topic 107:Training managers for diversity – How difficult is it for companies and HR
Research Aim: This research will discuss and analyse the role of HR and companies in ensuring manager’s learning and development for diversity.
Topic 108:Training the newly hired staff for diversity in a large and diversified business organisation
Research Aim: This research will investigate the role of HR in training employees and staff to deal with, manage and coexist with diverse employees.
As a human resource management student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing human resource management theories – i.e., to add value and interest to your research topic.
Human resource management is vast and interrelated to many other academic disciplines like management , operations management , project management , business , international business , MBA and more. That is why it is imperative to create a human resource management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic based on your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation , as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best human resource management dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please look at some of our sample human resource management dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your HRM Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction : This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analyzing published and unpublished literature on the chosen research topic to address research questions . The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths while identifying research gaps. Break down the topic and key terms that can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology : The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research design , research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis : Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion : The researcher presents his interpretation of the results in this chapter and state whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section is establishing the link between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to the implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References : Make sure to complete this following your University’s requirements
- Appendices : Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , PhD. Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing, and Improvement .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialize in.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
You May Also Like
Need interesting and manageable Islamic Finance dissertation topics? Here are the trending Islamic Finance dissertation titles so you can choose the most suitable one.
If you are having trouble finding an idea for your intellectual property law dissertation, here’s a list of 30 property law topics.
Your dissertation may seem daunting if you do not pace yourself. Getting started on it as soon as possible is the best thing you can do. Research and writing will take more time if your paper is better. Your corporate governance dissertation is giving you trouble if you picked the wrong topic.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
- Essay Writing
- Extended Essays
- IB Internal Assessment
- Theory of Knowledge
- Research Writing
- Literature Review
- Assignment Help
- Capstone Projects
- College Application
- Online Class
Human Resource Dissertation Topics: 30+ Examples You Can Use
If you’re looking for some insightful human resource dissertation topics, you’ve come to the right place.
Human Resource management is a field that deals with hiring, retaining, and managing employees in a workplace. As a student taking a master’s degree in HRM, you’ll cover different concepts, frameworks and theories that relates to employee recruitment and management.
After years of taking the Human Resource Management course, your professor will require you to write and submit a dissertation on a research topic of your choice.
Unfortunately, it isn’t easy to think of a substantial topic fast. Often, you have to do a lot of research to come up with HRM topic that’s worth exploring, and that can take so much of your time.
So in this guide, we’ll make your work easier by suggesting some topic ideas that you can start to explore right away, so you can spend most of your time researching and writing.
Let’s have a look.
30+ Human Resource Dissertation Topics
Help for Assessment’s guide to choosing dissertation topics remain unchanged. That means you have the freedom to choose a topic that focuses on an area that you find interesting to explore, provided it’s within the subject of human resource.
Another important rule to keep in mind when choosing your topic is to make sure the topic has sufficient literature. That way, it will be easy for you to collect data that can support and justify the content of your theor e tical framework .
With that said, here are some HRM dissertation topics based on the sub-categories within which they fall:
Competitive Advantage Dissertation Topics in HRM
There’s a high chance a company or organization’s unique and strong HRM strategy can be its competitive advantage.
However, for that to be the case, the strategy should not only stand out but also be one that’s difficult for other brands to replicate.
With that said, you should consider topics that focus on the way companies can achieve competitive advantages through HRM strategies that are difficult to imitate. Here are some examples:
- How to put knowledge transfer into practice in IT professional services contexts.
- Fast, inexpensive labor – Do Gig Economy workers get a competitive edge through exploitation?
- What lessons may be drawn from Google’s Human Resources advantage?
- Using digital technologies to improve HRM and organizational performance.
- Keeping high-value employees to maintain a competitive advantage: a case study approach
- Why is it so difficult to replicate Patagonia’s HRM strategy?
Employee Retention Dissertation Topics
Many organizations struggle to retain the best employees for reasons known to them internally. And it could also be that they don’t retain them because of the constant changes in the industries.
For your dissertation, you could focus on how organizations or companies can engage and retain the best talents and why doing so is important. Here are some topic ideas worth exploring:
- An experimental approach to the topic of talent retention in the UK IT sector.
- Can employee wellness programs based on mindfulness improve retention in high-stress industries?
- What is the relationship between employee training, engagement, and retention?
- Is it always preferable to keep employees? A methodical approach.
- Staff retention is linked to employee learning and development.
- Investigating HR managers’ perspectives regarding staff retention tactics in the banking industry.
Intrinsic vs Extrinsic Rewards Dissertation Topics
Employee motivation is a key factor to consider if you must sustain the smooth running of a company or organization.
While many people argue that pay, which is a form of extrinsic reward, is a good motivator, even intrinsic factors such as autonomy, good employee relationship, and flexible working hours play an important role in motivating employees to keep performing well.
Whether intrinsic rewards are better than extrinsic is an issue fully subject to debate, and therefore this can be an important area to consider in your dissertation. Here are some dissertation topics ideas that you might want to look at:
- Why do some people continue to work after receiving a large fortune while others do not? A qualitative, interview-based method was used.
- How crucial are wages and benefits in motivating millennial?
- Are extrinsic rewards a good motivator in the caring professions?
- Is there a difference in motivation between British and Chinese workers (intrinsic vs extrinsic)?
- What is the relationship between employee autonomy and motivation? A look of administrative offices in the United Kingdom.
- A case-study method to assisting employees in creating meaning through their job.
- What role does flexible working play in employee motivation? A comparison of views before and after COVID-19.
- Do any of the ‘Big 5’ personality qualities influence the relationship between reward preference (intrinsic vs. extrinsic) and employee motivation?
Also Read: Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Dissertation
Performance Management Dissertation Topics in HRM
Performance management in HR has become quite significant ever since the rise of New Public Management. However, the issue is still subject to debate, making this an interesting area to explore in a dissertation.
If performance management in human resource is something that interests you, here are some topics worth exploring:
- Analyzing the effectiveness of call center performance management systems.
- Examining how performance management systems may be unproductive.
- Analyze the efficiency of remote team performance management systems during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- An example of an excellent performance management system: balancing control with encouragement.
- What are the views of Indian workers about performance management methods in the banking industry?
- Can performance management systems help motivate employees?
- Is performance management just another type of Taylorism?
HRM Training and Development Dissertation Topics
Investing in employees’ training and development is one of the core focus of the human resource.
Given how significant this aspect is, many companies and organizations go as far as to review their policies, not to mention investing in continuous employee training.
Here are some interesting dissertations topics that you might want to consider:
- Is it true that training and development have an influence on the bottom line?
- The effectiveness of digital vs. face-to-face training: Implications for a post-COVID era.
- Investigating the relationship between training and development, employee engagement, and retention.
- Unconscious bias training: Is it beneficial or harmful?
- What talents are required in today’s volatile environment?
- Examining the significance of feedback in training.
- Is it profitable to spend in training and development in the gig economy?
- Is there a relationship between training and development and employee engagement in temporary or casual positions?
- How do organizations endure economic downturns (from the standpoint of training and development)?
- Who need soft skills? An examination of the IT professional services business as a case study.
- Who educates the trainers?
Also Check: Dissertation Writing Service
You may also like
Dissertation proposal writer for hire from help for assessment, business dissertation topics: 25+ ideas and examples, politics dissertation topics: 25+ great examples to explore, engineering dissertation topics: 30+ topic ideas for inspiration, management dissertation topics: 30+ ideas to get you started, mistakes to avoid when writing dissertation introduction.
- Call Us: +44 207 097 1871
- Email: [email protected]
Get upto 25% discount, estimated price: £.
After Discount: £
Download our step-by-step dissertation writing guide and samples to takes you from the title page to the reference Click here to download
Guidance At ZERO cost
Blog / How can you choose best HRM dissertation topics?
How can you choose best hrm dissertation topics.
Are worried about HRM Dissertation Topics? contact us. We have a list of dissertation topics on human resource management and other various fields. We can also help with marketing and advertising topics.
You can find a range of the latest undergrad and master’s thesis topics for HRM. Let us help you in completing your research successfully.
Table of Contents
Areas of Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics
- HRM Dissertation Topics
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
Strategic HRM Management Dissertation Ideas
- Organizational Culture
- Risk Management
Employee relations HRM Dissertation Ideas
- 500 words dissertation topics brief on HRM
Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics
- How HR Departments manage Equal Employment Opportunity
- What are the best practices for Equal Employment Opportunities
- An evaluation of the importance of Equal Employment Opportunity in the workplace
- Studying the link between Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace
- What is the tole of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- An analysis of the impact of workplace discrimination on employee wellbeing
- An evaluation of Direct vs. Indirect workplace discrimination
- Studying how to handle unfair dismissal
- A critical analysis of soft skills vs. hard skills
- How can the inefficient selection process be improved through training?
- A study on powerful training strategies for maximizing productivity
- Extensive research on harassment assessment training
- Roles and responsibilities of a training and development manager
- A brief about the importance of training and development
- Types of training and development strategies for excellent growth
- Role of Mediation and Dispute Resolution in the workplace
- How to incorporate LGBTI workers without discrimination
- Studying the effect of employee diversity on organizational performance
- Exploring the impact of equal employment on organizations
- An evaluation of the performance management cycle
- Latest trends used by big brands for improving the performance of each employee
- A qualitative study on the different stages of performance management
- The Relationship Between Equal Opportunities and Employee Performance
- The historical context of talent management
- Studying the future of talent management
- Does provide employees paid charity days could enhance organizational citizenship behavior?
- Strategic HRM in the SMEs: Is the Investment Really Worth It?
- The Risks and Benefits of informing the employees about the corporate goals and achievements
- What are the key advantages of outsourcing SHRM?
- Strategizing and monitoring the employee life-cycle in an environment of high turnover
- Role of Talent management in the gig economy
- An analysis of the retention of high-value staff can deliver necessary competitive advantage: A case study
- How does Google achieve an edge over human resources? What are the lessons to be learned?
- Studying the HRM strategy of Patagonia: Why is it so arduous to imitate?
- How is AI interference in HRM offering a competitive advantage to Zara?
- How is cross-cultural HR interference offering an edge to start-up companies?
- What are the key Talent management strategies in the military
- The impact of representative commitment on customer dedication in the administration-based industry
- Present an intensive examination of the components which straightforwardly impact a representative’s close-to-home choice to leave work
- The significance of computerized nearness to improve worker relations.
- Do better representative relations start with learning and advancement?
- A comparison of the Google vs. IBM talent management approaches
- The influence of recognizing the contributions of an employee on the employee retention process at Shell
- The criticality of green HR practices in the process of employee engagement and retention
- Exploring the attitude of HRM toward the strategies of employee retention in the banking sector
- How could frequent attention to employee welfare programs improve employee retention in high-stress industrial sectors?
- Examining subjectivity versus objectivity in employee assessment and evaluation
- Examining the capacity of human resources departments to drive organizational change
- Reviewing both legal and ethical aspects of maintaining workplace diversity
- The implications of human resource management strategy for facilitating employee motivations
Click here, If you have still unable to select your desired topic on HRM, Get our customize Topic consultancy service of about 500 to 600 words to get approved by your tutor.
Scroll down to search for more ideas on hrm dissertation topics, training and development hrm dissertation topics.
- The impact of employee training and development on job satisfaction and performance.
- An examination of the effectiveness of different training methods and their impact on employee retention.
- A study of the relationship between employee training and development and organizational success.
- An analysis of the cost-effectiveness of various training and development programs.
- The role of e-learning in employee training and development.
- A comparison of the effectiveness of on-the-job training and classroom training.
- An investigation of the impact of leadership development programs on employee engagement and productivity.
- A study of the effectiveness of mentoring programs in employee training and development.
- An analysis of the effectiveness of employee onboarding programs in improving job performance and retention.
- A comparison of the effectiveness of in-house training programs and external training programs on employee development.
- The utilization of preparation and advancement as helpful devices for improving the presentation of the workers?
- What aptitudes are required for the present tempestuous atmosphere?
- Do preparing and improvement indeed sway the primary concern?
- Who gives the preparation to prepare others?
- Soft versus hard abilities.
- Is preparing an answer all things considered?
- Soft abilities, which needs them?
- Where presently, post-fiasco endurance?
- Establish the association between hierarchical learning and individual learning
- An evaluation of authentic learning and information for the executives for supported hierarchical execution. Set up a contextual analysis alongside your paper.
- Does an absence of learning and improvement assume a job in a representative’s choice to stop?
- An investigation of the way toward learning and advancement of a human asset in the open segment in the UK
- Describe how the impact of different preparing and learning-put together exercises concerning the profitability of the representatives.
Performance Management HRM Dissertation Topics
- Is the execution of the board powerful enough to meet hierarchical objectives?
- Can abilities be expanded through the execution of the board framework?
- Do people have power over their prizes?
- Reviewing and responding to results.
- Is it conceivable to deal with each symbolic execution by executing the board methods?
- Can wages be topped through the execution of the board?
- Job fulfillment and execution examinations.
- An examination of the effectiveness of performance management systems in improving employee performance.
- A study of the relationship between employee motivation and performance management.
- An analysis of the impact of performance appraisal on employee engagement and job satisfaction.
- A comparison of the effectiveness of traditional performance management systems and modern performance management techniques.
- An investigation of the role of goal setting in performance management and its impact on employee productivity.
- A study of the effectiveness of 360-degree feedback in performance management.
- An analysis of the impact of performance management on employee retention and turnover.
- A comparison of the effectiveness of individual performance management and team performance management.
- An examination of the role of performance management in talent management and succession planning.
- A study of the impact of performance management on employee development and career advancement.
Appraisal HRM Dissertation Topics
- Can subjectivity be evacuated?
- Is it reasonable? The examination between same-level workers
- Can I have a compensation rise?
- Are Appraisals fair?
- Are the 360-degree evaluations legitimate?
- Public area examinations and the spinal compensation reward.
- Investigating the viability of execution assessments from the viewpoint of representatives.
Motivation HRM Dissertation Topics
- Does inspired workforce increment profitability?
- HR and inspiration.
- Behavioral rigidity.
- Motivation versus complete prize.
- Motivation and employment fulfillment.
- Cross-association examination, who hits the nail on the head?
Organizational Culture HRM Dissertation Topics
- The effect of hierarchical culture on the execution of progression arranging
- The association between authoritative culture and the act of program assessment in human assistance associations
- Elaborate on the impact that authoritative culture and structures have on information the board tries.
- What is the effect of the six sigma philosophy on the authoritative culture?
- Determining the effect of hierarchical culture on work fulfillment
- The job of authoritative culture on representative commitment
- Are our administration and hierarchical culture related? Legitimize your answers with legitimate proof.
- Elaborate on the significance of the critical human asset, the executives inside an association.
- Present a point-by-point, knowledge of the association between business methodology and essential HRM.
- Elucidate the relationship of vital HRM with a development attitude system.
- Elaborate on the boundaries of crucial HRM with relevant models.
- The job of vital HRM in changing the board
- Elaborate on the upper hand of vital HRM.
- Discuss the significance of maintenance and onboarding as a significant aspect of the essential HRM.
Risk Management HRM Dissertation Topics and Examples
- The effect of quickly propelling data innovation on the mechanical risk the executives, with specific accentuation on the telecom business
- Share essential bits of knowledge on the commitment of an HR director during the time spent hazard the executives.
- The connection between hazard the executives and individuals on the board
- Does human asset chance administration increment profitability?
- An accurate assessment of the effect of globalization on work relations arrangement.
- Present an intensive examination of the components which straightforwardly impact a representative’s close-to-home choice to leave work
- The significance of computerized nearness is to improve worker relations.
- Dissertation How To (12)
- Free Samples (1)
- Literature Review (11)
- Methodology (6)
- Research Proposal (11)
- Research Topics (53)
- Accounting (5)
- Animation (3)
- Archeology (1)
- Architecture (1)
- Banking (1)
- Biology (3)
- Business Administration (1)
- Business Management (1)
- Chemistry (2)
- Communication (1)
- Computer Science (6)
- Construction (2)
- Consumer Behaviour (1)
- Criminology (1)
- Designing (1)
- Development Studies (1)
- Domestic Violence (1)
- Ecommerce (2)
- Economics (13)
- Education (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Environment (2)
- Fashion (1)
- Finance (13)
- Geology (2)
- History (2)
- Language (3)
- Management (21)
- Advertising (1)
- Branding (1)
- Digital Marketing (1)
- Medical (1)
- Critical Care (1)
- Dementia (1)
- Philosophy (1)
- Politics (1)
- Psychology (3)
- Psychotherapy (1)
- Real Estate (1)
- Science (2)
- Social Work (2)
- Sociology (1)
- Supply Chain Management (3)
- Tourism Marketing (1)
- Dissertation Help (19)
- Research Paper By Topics (57)
- Research Paper How To (2)
- Are you Looking Someone to Do My Dissertation for me?
- 89+ Best Unique and Informative Speech Topics for Students
- Employment Law Dissertation Topics
- Construction Law Dissertation Topics
You will get the topics first as per the given requirements, and then the brief which includes:
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Note: After submiting your order please must check your email [inbox/spam] folders for order confirmation and login details.If email goes in spam please mark not as spam to avoid any communication gap between us.
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
Copyright © 2017-2023 - Dissertation-help.co.uk Dissertation help service for high schools colleges and university students - All rights reserved
WhatsApp and Get 35% off promo code now!
Best 203 Human Resources Research Topics and Ideas To Consider
Table of Contents
What are Human Resources Research Topics?
Human resource is a division of an organization or a business that deals with the recruitment, administration, and training of employees. If you are a student who is pursuing a course in human resource management, MBA, or any behavioral science courses, then you will often be asked to write human resource management assignments that include research papers, essays, term papers , dissertations, research reports, and thesis on HR topics.
Right now, do you want to write an informative human resources research paper? Are you searching for the best HR research topics? If yes, for writing an excellent HR research paper, you can consider any topic from HRM, recruitment and selection, risk management, career development, performance management, workplace safety, and so on.
In general, human resource is a broad subject with plenty of research areas to focus on. Therefore, to help you to identify the best topic for writing a brilliant HR research paper, in this blog post, we have provided significant tips on how to choose a good HR research topic as well as provide the humanities dissertation help for those students who are facing problems to choose the good research topic. Also, we have shared a list of the best human resources research topics in various categories.
Continue reading this blog post and get the necessary academic benefits.
How to Choose a Good Human Resources Research Topic?
Whenever you are assigned a task to write a research paper, identifying a research paper topic is the first step you should follow. You may think that topic selection is an easy step to cross. But, actually, it is not. When it comes to writing human resources research papers, you may search and find an endless list of HR research topics. But out of them all, it is really challenging to identify a particular HR research paper topic.
As we already know how difficult it is to identify a good research topic, in order to ease the searching process and guide you, here we have shared a few tips for you to keep in mind during the HR research paper topic selection. Follow the below-mentioned tips and spot a good HR research topic.
- Choose a topic matching your interest.
- It is good to choose a topic that you have strong knowledge of because it will not consume too much of your time and effort.
- The topic should be informative and exciting to the readers.
- Avoid picking a topic that is too broad because you may not be able to cover all the main points before the deadline.
- If the topic is too broad, narrow them into subtopics and focus in detail on a certain subtopic.
- The research topic should support you to conduct extensive research.
- The topic should contain relevant evidence from credible sources to support the main idea.
- Instead of selecting a popular topic, go with the latest and trending human resources research topic.
- The topic should make sense, and it should help you to organize the points coherently.
- Remember your educator’s guidelines and prefer a unique research topic that stands in line with them because only such topics will boost your scores.
List of HR Research Topics and Ideas
In general, when assigning the research paper writing task, professors will either propose a list of research paper ideas for you to consider, or they will ask you to come up with the best research topic on your own.
If you are asked to choose an HR research paper topic of your choice, then you can go through the list of the best human resources research paper topics and ideas suggested below on various categories such as HR management, talent management, recruitment and selection, risk management, career development, performance management, workplace safety, etc. and identify an ideal topic that will help you earn an A+ grade.
Human Resources Management Research Topics
- What are the most effective team-building strategies?
- How training and development affect job performance
- The best way to utilize productivity metrics.
- HRM strategies for addressing skill shortages
- Organizing teams according to personalities.
- How to manage international employees.
- How much paid leave is optimal?
- Investigate the human resource management practices that enhance a company’s success.
- The simplest way to resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Benefits of regular psychological counseling for all employees.
- Managing part-time, full-time, and freelance employees.
- How HR helps companies remain competitive in a global market.
- What occasions deserve raises and bonuses?
- Methods for disciplining employees.
- Opportunities for implementing the e-HR systems.
Human Resources Management Topics for Research Paper
- Why technological applications offer a competitive edge in HR management.
- Assess the factors influencing an employee’s decision to leave a company.
- Various methods of enhancing employee productivity
- Why a flexible workplace is essential in a modern organization
- How does employees’ empowerment increase job satisfaction?
- The integrated system for workforce management and its advantages to medium, small, and micro-businesses.
- The cloud computing concept emergence in the human resource management field.
- Explore the current human resource management practices in the US and the UK.
- 3T leadership competency model evaluation in the HRM context.
- Why the SaaS approaches and cloud-based apps matter in human resource management
HR Management Topics for Study
- What is strategic human resource management?
- Discuss about the benefits of strategic human resource management?
- Use of modern technologies in human resource management
- Importance of competency mapping in 360-degree appraisal
- How to develop and sustain employee engagement?
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a HR manager in developing employee engagement
- Effectiveness of employee performance appraisal in multinational companies.
- Comparing diversity and discrimination problems in an organization.
- How to guide the employee appraisal in the business?
- How can we address healthcare issues and risks in the workplace?
HR Research Topics on Recruitment
- The ways to identify workplace bullying.
- The requirements for in-office workers VS freelancers.
- Should companies automate more or invest in people? An HR paradox
- Role of targeted learning in talent development
- Use of peer-coaching to develop future-ready skills
- When is the best time to recruit a new employee?
- The role of communication skills during employee acquisition and recruitment.
- The best platforms to recruit on.
- Challenges affecting contemporary recruitment and selection strategies.
- Best practices for improving employee retention.
- What kind of employees is needed for a large company?
- The importance of the screening process during recruitment.
- The effects of cross-cultural recruitment on organizational productivity.
- Is social media an effective way to recruit?
- Recruiting university graduates directly – a good idea or a bad one?
HR Research Topics on Job Selection
- How to attract good employees?
- How does HR evaluate a potential recruit?
- Criminal background checks – Do’s and Don’ts.
- What kind of employees should small businesses look for?
- How to effectively assess skills during an interview.
- Factors that affect the HR selection method.
- Recruitment and selection process in Family Businesses.
- The role of human resource planning in recruitment and selection
- Can a company use a flexible work policy as a retention and recruitment tool?
- The selection and recruitment methods that companies in developing and developed countries use.
- Impact of gender bias in the recruitment and selection of employees
- Importance of a flexible workplace policy in employee recruitment and retention
- Why is effective recruitment significant in the context of the improvement of the employee performance?
- How can the selection of the employees help in better performance within the business?
- We are recruiting the best and brightest people from around the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity HR Research Topics
- Corporate learning, compensation management, performance management, and recruitment in talent management
- Various talent acquisition strategies
- Different talent management tools
- Role of executive coaching in talent management
- Role of recognition programs and leadership development in talent management
- Why talent management requires a strategic plan
- How to manage equal opportunity employment?
- Recruiting is an equal opportunity employer.
- Government requirements for equal opportunity.
- The costs of an unequal workplace.
- How to recognize and manage discrimination in the workplace.
- How to create a diverse workplace?
- Do men and women deserve the same pay?
- The best tactics for implementing equal opportunity.
- Equal Employment Opportunity and the Glass ceiling
Talent Management HR Research Topics
- Best practices for mediating disputes between employees.
- Importance of diversity management to ensure a culture of equal opportunity within a workplace?
- Why is it important to ensure a balance between male and female employees
- How to eliminate the gender gap and promote gender equality in workplace?
- Inclusion of people from every socio-cultural and demographic background in workplace
- How to manage the international employees in the business in the UK?
- How can the business create the diverse workplace?
- The role of recruitment in talent management
- Talent management in the small and medium enterprises
- Corporate talent management
- Talent management approaches among MNCs in the USA
- The role of targeted learning in talent development
- Talent management strategies in the military
Career Development Human Resources Research Topics
- Risk factors in talent management
- Talent Hunting vs. Talent management
- The impacts of technology on talent management
- Trends of talent management in a globalized society
- Talent management strategies in the hospitality sector
- Google versus IBM talent management approaches
- The role of recognition programs and leadership development in talent management
- Importance of talent management in succession planning
- How to manage the workplace an inclusive as well as accessible place for the disabled employees?
- How career development helps both employees and organizations.
- Skills that all employees should develop.
- Professional certification training for employees.
- Should training be prioritized over completed current work?
- The impact of cross-training on organizational efficiency
- How does active professional development affect productivity?
HR Research Topics on Performance Management and Appraisal
- The role of vocational training and apprenticeship in the workplace.
- Challenges in implementing professional and career development programs
- Building a coaching culture in an organization
- The impact of on-the-job training and stretch assignments on employee performance.
- Effect of Transformational Leadership on employees’ career development
- How can the human resource of the business help in the career development of the employees?
- The importance of performance planning in the performance management cycle.
- Performance appraisal and employee motivation
- Advantages of having performance standards
- The importance of feedback in organizations
- Are psychological appraisals beneficial in the hospitality industry?
- Reward system and performance management
- Performance appraisal and corporate culture
- Advantages of automated performance management systems
- Performance management and strategic planning
Research Topics on Worker Protection and Workplace Safety
- How to incorporate employee input in organizational decision-making
- Benefits and drawbacks of performance appraisal
- The consequences of not following workplace safety.
- Developing specialized safety standards for the workplace.
- How to ensure compliance with workplace safety rules.
- Monitoring employees during remote work – is it ethical?
- Steps to minimize or prevent burnouts.
- Consequences of violating safety rules at the workplace.
- Combating sexual harassment at the workplace.
- Steps to take when an employee is assaulted at work.
- How to deal with celebrities and famous figures at the workplace
- Fines and penalties for violating workplace safety rules.
- Bringing dangerous weapons into the workplace.
- How to ensure all employees follow health and safety protocols?
- Ensuring company leadership also follows safety roles.
Research Topics on Risk Management
- Defusing volatile and tense moments at the workplace
- How to use AR and VR at the workplace
- Ways to address risks and healthcare issues in the workplace
- Ways to prevent OSHA violations.
- How to identify bullying at the workplace
- The workplace safety methods and monitoring
- How to ensure the psychological wellbeing of employees during remote work.
- Importance of developing health and safety culture within an organization
- Is HR there to protect employees or protect the company?
- What kind of risks does an HR have to manage?
- The role of HR in risk management.
- Training the workplace to minimize potential risks.
- When should HR take legal action?
- Risk management when working from home.
- How should HR respond to a legal action taken by an employee
Interesting HR Research Topics
- Reasons to carry out regular internal audits.
- How HR managers can identify and assess risks in the workplace
- HR risk management and employee productivity
- Fathers should be given the same paternity leave as maternity leave
- The link between working remotely and lower productivity
- Flexible working plans and the Millennial employees
- The impacts of virtual teams on productivity
- Hostility in the workplace and ethical discrimination with minorities
- The use of recruitment marketing by HR departments
- The benefits of onboarding as an approach of sustaining human resources in organizations
- Using Data-driven strategies in the HR departments
- Challenges of working remotely during the COVID-19 lockdowns
- The importance of refresher courses for employees
- How to maintain work-life balance
- Significance of HR KPIs
Good Human Resources Research Topics
- The Red-Hot Stove Rule in employee discipline
- How to communicate constructive feedback to a fellow employee
- The importance of Job Analysis
- Pros and cons of 360 Degree Feedback
- Problems that affect attendance and timekeeping among employees
- Evaluating employee performance management styles
- Verbal harassment and bullying of female workers- How do they affect performance?
- How organizational climate affects the job satisfaction
- How non-monetary factors affect employee retention
- Calculating possible risks during the hiring process
- How a company can enhance industrial harmony
- Investigating the leadership style of a top brand- Case study
- How modern companies can solve the inadequate human resource problem
Outstanding Human Resources Research Topics
- Are virtual interviews better than in-person interviews?
- Is an HR department necessary for smaller, family-owned businesses?
- Analyzing and updating how much a particular job is worth.
- Unique ways to keep morale up during the pandemic.
- How big data is useful to human resources.
- Employee termination process
- Job redesign versus job enrichment
- Online recreational activities to develop teamwork during remote work.
- Handling overqualified employees
- Job shadowing versus Job rotation
Amazing HR Research Topics
- How to prevent employee termination
- Can buying gifts motivate employees?
- Fun activities that enhance employer-employee relations
- How the boss approach kills employee engagements
- How labor unions facilitate employee engagements
- Emerging Trends in the human resource management restructuring
- The use of Applicant Tracking System during recruitment and selection
- Benefits of a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Does a personality test matter during recruitment?
- How personality affects group/team performance
The Bottom Line
From the comprehensive list of human resources research paper topics and ideas featured in this blog post, you can choose any topic that fits your perfectly. In case, you are not satisfied with the list of HR research ideas mentioned here or if you are not sure what topic to choose for your research paper, then take help from us. From topic selection to research paper writing, we provide reliable assignment help to the students who are struggling to prepare academic papers on any subject topic.
In particular, we have a team of professional writers who are masters in the field of business studies and human resource management to assist you in writing an excellent human resources research paper on the best HR research topics. If you want instant academic assistance or paper writing service from us, quickly place your order by writing your requirements. We will craft a top-quality, plagiarism-free research paper as per your requirements and will deliver the completed document to you without any delay.
Top 156 Mental Illness Essay Topics For Students
Top 180 International Relations Essay Topics
201 Great Ethics Topics To Consider For Writing Academic Papers
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
How to Write a Reflective Essay?
Different types of essay formats- mla, apa, and chicago, apa vs. mla: learn the major differences between the citation styles, top 130 bioethics topics to consider for writing a research paper, 150 excellent business essay topics and ideas to focus on, top 152 cybercrime research topics for students to consider, 150 intriguing cultural research topics for you to consider, 162 intriguing science research paper topics for you to explore, 136 best geology research topics for academic writing, an understanding of the language features and structural features, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
Questions? Call us:
- How it works
- Essay service
- Essay writers
- College essay service
- Write my essay
- Pay for essay
- Essay topics
Term Paper Writing
- Term paper service
- Buy term papers
- Term paper help
- Term paper writers
- College term papers
- Write my term paper
- Pay for term paper
- Term paper topic
Research Paper Writing
- Research paper service
- Buy research paper
- Research paper help
- Research paper writers
- College research papers
- Write my research paper
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper topics
- Dissertation service
- Buy dissertation
- Dissertation help
- Dissertation writers
- College thesis
- Write my dissertation
- Pay for dissertation
- Dissertation topics
- Custom writing services
- Speech writing service
- Movie review writing
- Editing service
- Assignment writing
- Article writing service
- Book report writing
- Book review writing
Top-notch human resources research topics and effective writing tips.
May 4, 2020
However, before we embark on this exciting journey, let us see some of the guidelines you have to put in mind before settling on any human resources management topics for your research paper.
Strategies for Developing HR Research Topics
You should have the following in mind when coming up with your topic:
Background research Brainstorm concepts Develop a research question Identify your general approach to the topic Begin your in-depth research
Remember that this development process helps you come up with a tangible and strong thesis statement. You should, therefore, ensure that your topic will be manageable and will hold water throughout your paper.
Here are our creative and interesting topic ideas for your paper:
Human Resources and Education
We will explore human resources management research topics in education.
- Are institutions of higher education contributing to the decline in human resource productivity?
- Learned human resource personnel are better than skilled workers: An argumentative essay
- Discuss how employee engagement coincides with employee experience
- Is it better for women to work from home or jobs starting at nine and ending at 5?
- What is the responsibility of employers concerning workplace safety, and how are women special when it comes to this?
- The right talent is key to the success of a company: write an analytical
- Automation in workplaces brings new skill shifts at the expense of human skills
- What are the merits and demerits of recruiting employees from universities?
- Are companies responsible for furthering the academic standards of their employees?
- A case study of degree human workforce versus technical and vocational workforce: Which is the best?
Technology and Human Resource
With the long technological strides made over the recent years, this aspect of life has also evolved. In this section, we look at human resources topics for a research paper concerning how it has changed.
- How has mobile emerged as a new HR technology platform
- Is end-to-end talent management solution meeting the requirements of large and complex organizations?
- Are cloud-based talent solutions user-friendly?
- How new software categories are improving feedback, interactivity, and culture management in workplaces
- The reinvention of goal management and performance with feedback and check-ins mechanisms
- How does HR technology innovation bring forth more employee engagement to the fore?
- How better data management has improved recruitment, retaining, and management of employees.
- How globalism has contributed to broader sourcing of talent from different geographic locations
- Are video interviews the new norm in HR sourcing?
- Big data power organizations. Explain
How HR Relates to Laws and Ethics
- What are some of the vital considerations in the new labor laws?
- Why companies should enact ethical standards that are different from the dictates of the law
- Differentiating between law and ethics in the workplace
- Potential loopholes in the legal system surrounding employees and employers
- How to build an ethical culture in an organization
- Discuss the workplace discrimination laws that influence employment
- What should be the ethical and legal concerns in the termination of single employees or large groups?
- Employees have a moral obligation to their companies, discuss.
- The role of HR professionals in protecting the rights of employees
- Creating effective ethical and legal programs
Health and Safety for HR Professionals
The human resources management research paper topics on health and safety are critical for industrial and manufacturing organizations. Here are some great HR research paper topics for you:
- Understanding health and safety responsibilities of employers and employees
- How to prevent work-related injuries
- Why fostering a workplace safety culture is important
- Do health and safety precautions conform to the applicable occupational health and safety legislation?
- Enforcing company safety rules
- Health measures in workplaces during Coronavirus
- How to keep records on injuries and illnesses at work
- Enforcement and penalties for non-health safety compliant employees
- Criminalization of occupational health and safety offenses
- Recognition of safety standards
And the list of human resources essay topics continues. The secret lies in identifying the particular workplace and pre-existing conditions.
If you need more human resources project topics, our online writing help experts are here to lend a hand. It is just a click of a button.
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.
- How To Write A Narrative Essay: Definition, Tips, And A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Write Article Review Like Professional
- How To Write Term Paper? Get Best Grades
- How To Write Response Essay: Guidelines From Expert Team
- 295 Personal Narrative Ideas: Diverse Topics For Your Essay
- Great Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Creating Best Stanford Roommate Essay
- Costco Essay – Best Writing Guide
- How To Quote A Dialogue
- Wonderful Expository Essay Topics
- Research Paper Topics For 2020
- Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
HRM Dissertation Topics for 2021 Topic 1: Effect of employee engagement on customer loyalty in the service-based industry Topic 2: Contingent workforce and its impact on organisation’s performance – Evaluating the IT Industry Topic 3: Factors of growing mental health issues of employees at workplace in service-based industries
HRM Training and Development Dissertation Topics Investing in employees’ training and development is one of the core focus of the human resource. Given how significant this aspect is, many companies and organizations go as far as to review their policies, not to mention investing in continuous employee training.
Areas of Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics HRM Dissertation Topics; Training and Development; Performance Management ; Appraisal ; Strategic HRM Management Dissertation Ideas; Motivation ; Organizational Culture ; Risk Management ; Employee relations HRM Dissertation Ideas; 500 words dissertation topics brief on HRM
If yes, for writing an excellent HR research paper, you can consider any topic from HRM, recruitment and selection, risk management, career development, performance management, workplace safety, and so on. In general, human resource is a broad subject with plenty of research areas to focus on.