- How it works
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics
Published by Carmen Troy at January 10th, 2023 , Revised On January 10, 2023
The importance of civil engineering works in the modern world cannot be understated, thanks to the growing public and commercial infrastructure requirement. The main focus of civil engineering is to develop a sustainable society where businesses can flourish.
Civil engineers in today’s world are keen to develop sustainable buildings, and therefore sustainable construction research topics are frequently researched by civil engineering students.
To help you get started with brainstorming for civil engineering topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest topics that can be used for writing your civil engineering dissertation project.
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team , so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research question , aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our example dissertation to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation .
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
2022 Civil Engineering Research Topics
Topic 1: building demolition- analyse the efficacy of destroying and ruining big city structures and their impact on the traffic..
Research Aim: Many big cities around the world have demolished a vast number of buildings that were functional with new structures. It not only has an economic impact but also results in the loss of urban culture, harms the environment, cause pollution, and also worsen the traffic situation. This study will evaluate the merits of building demotion and will provide economic, technical and environmental input.
Topic 2: Rural housing at low cost- Improving Water Diversion, Electricity Grids, and other Infrastructure to reduce the expenses.
Research Aim: Water, sanitation, wastewater systems, electricity, and rural infrastructure all impact human development outcomes. This study will examine rural housing at a low cost focusing on the improvement of water diversion, electricity grids and infrastructure services. It will also look into the policies made to avoid certain problems and help us understand how these things have influenced life in rural regions.
Topic 3: Examining the use of Activated Flash as a Binder in pavement adjustments to allow acceptable tension reinforcing stresses in order to Control Cracking in concrete.
Research Aim: This study will examine the use of activated flash as a binder in pavement adjustments to allow acceptable tension reinforcing stresses to control cracking. Cracks usually emerge as a result of mechanical loads, adverse response and environmental impact, and the frequent cracking negatively impacts the performance of concrete. This study will focus on the appropriate measures that should be taken, designs, material and construction practices to extend the life without any loss.
Topic 4: Strengthening an existing structure to allow it to withstand climate change - An analysis.
Research Aim: Buildings are dependent on environmental conditions. This study will analyse the strengthening of the existing structure to protect it from the effects of climate change. Focusing on the material used for the protection, sustainability and strengthening of the building and the adaption of new construction standards. A milder temperature will lower the lifespan of building materials and impact the indoor climate of the building. More storms, snow or subsidence damage, water encroachment, and a bad indoor environment all contribute to a reduced building lifespan, raising the risk of collapse, worsening health, and significant loss of value in return.
Topic 5: An investigation of the use of Graphene-Fabricated nanoparticles for Water Purification- Comparison between Cost-Effectiveness and Benefits.
Research Aim: The main goal of this study is to conduct a unique investigation of the use of manufactured nanomaterials of graphene for water purification. The project intends to undertake a comparison of the benefits and cost-effectiveness of graphene processes. Furthermore, this study also intends to give an evaluation of graphene nanomaterial’s impact on water treatment and will analyse many futures and emerging perspectives.
Covid-19 Civil Engineering Research Topics
Topic 1: civil engineering after coronavirus: identify the consequences of covid-19 on civil engineering in the uk or any country of your choice..
Research Aim: This research will focus on identifying the impacts of coronavirus on civil engineering in the selected country.
Topic 2: Research to study the damage caused to the construction projects due to the lack of workers on site.
Research Aim: This study will focus on identifying the damage caused to construction projects as the workers are staying away from the sites. What measures are taken to complete these projects and recover the loss?
Topic 3: Contractors and Builders after Covid-19: business industry, tender opportunities, and planning to continue business
Research Aim: This research aims at identifying the conditions faced by contractors and builders. What is their plan to deal with the COVID-19 crisis? How did it affect the business industry and tender opportunities?
Topic 4: Cite Operating Procedures: research the various safety measures for workers, contractors, and engineers working on construction sites.
Research Aim: This research is conducted to know about various safety measures taken by the government and private organisations for workers, contractors, and engineers working on construction sites.
Topic 5: Investigate how civil engineers are working from home: Identify whether remote working can be a long-lasting solution to recover the loss caused by Covid-19.
Research Aim: Remote working has emerged as a ray of hope for mechanical engineers amid this pandemic. This research will focus on the advantages and disadvantages of remote working and also answer the question of whether it is a long-lasting solution or not.
Topic 6: Research to study the economic and labour crisis as a result of Coronavirus
Research Aim: This research will focus on the financial loss and labour crisis caused due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
Topic 7: Research to study the disruption of the supply chain, shortage of contractors, workers, and material, cancellation of contracts due to COVID-19
Research Aim: This research will focus on identifying the disruption of the supply chain, shortage of contractors, workers, and material, cancellation of contracts as a result of Covid-19.
Topic 8: Research to throw the light on the future of the construction Industry after the Coronavirus pandemic.
Research Aim: This research will focus on predicting how the construction industry will transform after the COVID-19 pandemic. What challenges may it face, and what could be the possible ways to meet those challenges?
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics for 2021
Topic 1: computational mechanics and modelling.
Research Aim: This research aims to study the role of computational mechanics and to model In civil engineering
Topic 2: Development in Rock Mechanics
Research Aim: This research aims to highlight the recent developments in Rock Mechanics
Topic 3: Assessment of the bridges with innovative ideas
Research Aim: This research aims to address the need to assess bridges and propose innovative ideas for bridge constructions and designs.
Topic 4: Efficiently managing the water resources
Research Aim: This research aims to focus on the effective management of water resources during constructions
Topic 5: Stability of high rise buildings
Research Aim: This research aims to address the issues of the instability of high-rise buildings and stress on ensuring their stability by highlighting the gaps in the literature review and providing a strong recommendation for researchers.
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics for 2020
Topic 1: reliability of foundation performance and implications for structural design.
Research Aim: The main purpose of the research will be to use a reliability-based approach to performance by using two complementary approaches; macroscopic and action-oriented approach and microscopic and analysis-oriented approach to evaluate major risks and strategies that can be used to implement in complicated structural systems and designs.
Find 100s of dissertation topics in your other academic subjects in our free topics database.
Topic 2: Behavior of steelwork connection at large deflection in a fire
Research Aim: This research study will explore the behaviour of steelworks at large deflection in a fire. The researcher will use a unified computing model to simulate the behaviour of steelworks and their impacts on the deflection in the fire. Several other factors will also be identified in the study, such as limiting temperature criteria, loading and unloading effects, and explosion load ratios.
Topic 3: User-friendly model of degrading groundwater pollution plume
Research Aim: Groundwater pollution plumes consist of degradable compounds and materials, which results in declining the overall natural processes and their effectiveness to marine life. There have been studies that aimed to explore the slow degradation processes of pollution plumes in groundwater. However, this is particular research will aim to explore different factors that cause groundwater pollution plumes and contributes to its slow degradation process. Finally, the study will propose a user-friendly model to degrade the groundwater pollution plume.
Topic 4: Examination of advanced solution strategies for non-linear FE analysis
Research Aim: This research is aimed to explore the role of advanced solution strategies that help the engineers and builders to carry out Non-linear FE analysis. In this study, the researcher will demonstrate the static and dynamic problems related to the non-linear effects of solid structures and systems.
Topic 5: Strength, stiffness, non-linearity, and the volumetric response of concrete under triaxial compression
Research Aim: In this study, the researcher will demonstrate the behaviour of concrete under the situation of triaxial compression. The researcher aims to understand the stiffness, volumetric and compressive behaviour of concrete which may cause the deformation in concrete when pressure is applied.
- Research to Set up Remote Sensing Applications to Assist in the Development of Sustainable Enterprise
- Research to Study and Develop Water Treatment Processes
- Research to Study Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies
- Research to Study Sustainable Engineering: New Objectives for Construction Projects
- Research Regarding Micromechanics of Granular Materials.
- Research to Transform a Manufacturing Plant to a Sustainable Enterprise.
- Research to Study the Relationship Between Sustainability and Learning Organisation.
- Research to Study the Impact of Sustainability Concepts on Organisational Growth and Development.
- Research to Ensure Sustainable Heat Conservation Generated from Compressors within a Manufacturing Site.
- Research to Study and Develop Waste Reduction Strategy to Achieve Sustainable Concepts
- Research to Study Properties of Concrete to Achieve Sustainability.
- Research to Study the Relationship between Lean Manufacturing and Sustainable Manufacturing.
- Research to Study Sustainability and its Impact on Learning Organisation.
- Development of Sustainable Homes with the Help of Renewable Energy Sources.
- Seismic Design of Cold Formed Steel Structures in Residential Applications
- Living Tree Buildings
Also Read: Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics
- Application of Ultra High Strength Concrete in LNG Terminals
- Mechanical Behaviour of Bridge Bearings of Concrete Bridges
- Winter Damage of Porous Asphalt
- Human Induced Lateral Vibration of Bridges
- The Optimization of Tripod Substructure and its Application to Two Different Topsides
- Traffic Induced Bearing Loads and Movements of a Steel Plate-girder Bridge
- Snap through of Large Shield Driven Tunnels
- A Timber Bearing Structure for ‘Concept House
- The Sustainable Refurbishment of BK City
- The Elevated Metro Structure in Concrete, UHPC, and Composite
- Covering A28 Highway at Amersfoort
- Numerical Modelling of Turbidity Currents in Submarine Channels
- Post-trenching with a Trailing Suction Hopper Dredge
- Morphological Impact of Coastal Structures
- Modelling Nearshore Currents Driven by Waves and Set-up Gradients
- Gaining New Insights Regarding Traffic Congestion, by Explicitly Considering the Variability in Traffic
- Dynamic Behaviour of Tunnel Elements 38 During the Immersion process
- Long-term Morphological M0delling of the Mouth of the Columbia River
- “Feasibility Study of a Climate Dike”
- Conditioning of Aggressive Water
- Swale Filter Drain System: The Inflow – Discharge Relation.
- Low Cost Disdrometer
- Observing Tidal Slack in the Scheldt Estuary
- Clogging of Permeable Pavements 53 in Semi-arid Areas
- Analyzing the Effects of Large-scale Green Roof Implementation in Singapore
- Accelerating the Introduction of Electric Bicycles
- A Critical Reappraisal of Some Problems in Engineering Seismology
- Systems and Sustainability: Sustainable development, Civil engineering and the Formation of the Civil Engineer
- Sustainable Engineering: The Future of Structural Design
- Environmentally Sustainable Construction Products and Materials – Assessment of release
Not Sure Which Dissertation Topic to Choose? Use Our Topic Planning Service
Also Read: Dissertation Topics in Engineering Management
As a civil engineering student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing civil engineering theories – i.e., to add value and interest in your research topic.
The field of civil engineering is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like construction , law , engineering management , healthcare , mental health , artificial intelligence , tourism , physiotherapy , sociology , management , marketing and nursing . That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best civil engineering dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please take a look at some of our sample civil engineering dissertation topics to get an idea for your dissertation.
How to Structure your Dissertation on Civil Engineering
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction : This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs , charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , PhD Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing and Improvement .
For further assistance with your dissertation, take a look at our full dissertation writing service .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time, thus aware of its issues and trends.
Need more Topics.?
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
You May Also Like
In general, business law regulates the legal rights, conducts, and relationships of individuals with businesses engaged in trade, commerce, or other commercial activities. The subject covers a broad range of ideas that fall under the business law.
If you are strangled in selecting the right topic for your public relations dissertation, here are a few topics along with their research aims for your guidance.
Need interesting and manageable international relations and geopolitics dissertation topics or thesis? Here are the trending international relations and geopolitics dissertation titles so you can choose the most suitable one.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
UKnowledge > College of Engineering > Civil Engineering > Theses & Dissertations
Theses and Dissertations--Civil Engineering
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment (QMRA) For Urban Stormwater Reuse After Treatment Through A Bioretention System , ISAAC OLUK
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
DEVELOPMENT OF A DECISION-MAKING TOOL FOR PREDICTION OF RAINFALL-INDUCED LANDSLIDES , Faisal Shakib Ahmed
Identifying and Evaluating the Perceptions of Near-Miss Reporting within the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet , Seth Atkins
ADAPTING THROUGH ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE IN CAPITAL PROJECTS ORGANIZATIONS , Mahmoud El Jazzar
Accuracy and Uncertainty in Traffic and Transit Ridership Forecasts , Jawad Mahmud Hoque
Induced Travel Demand: Measuring the Contribution of Additional Lane Miles on the Increase in U.S. Vehicle Miles Traveled from 1980 to 2019 , Brandon Ivanchak
EVALUATION OF SCORING METHODS FOR PRIORITIZING PEDESTRIAN AND BICYCLE PROJECTS , Daria Korostina
INVESTIGATION OF PFAS EXPOSURE RISKS IN KENTUCKY USING MAPPING TOOLS , Sweta Ojha
INCORPORATING SPEED INTO CRASH MODELING FOR RURAL TWO-LANE HIGHWAYS , Fahmida Rahman
GEOPHYSICS-BASED GROUND CONTROL AND EXCAVATION DESIGN METHODOLOGY BASED ON ACCEPTABLE DAMAGE , Jorge Romana Giraldo
UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN INDUSTRY OBJECTIVES AND INSTITUTIONAL LEARNING , Kristen Schell
OPTIMIZING THE POTENTIAL OF HIGHWAY SAFETY INVESTMENT , Riana Tanzen
Sewer Vapor Intrusion Pathway: Simulation of Indoor Piping Systems and Operation of AROMA-VOC Gas Analyzer , Hong Cheng Tay
LOAD AND PRESSURE DISTRIBUTION AS A FUNCTION OF DYNAMIC CONTACT STRESS AT THE RAILROAD CROSSTIE-BALLAST INTERFACE , Habib Abdil Unluoglu
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
SEDIMENT TRANSPORT INVESTIGATION IN A KARST BASIN DEFINES GOVERNING TRANSPORT PROCESSES AND EXPLAINS HYSTERESIS PATTERNS , Leonie Bettel
ASSESSING FREEWAY CRASH RISK USING CROWDSOURCED WAZE INCIDENT ALERTS , Eugene Boasiako Antwi
LANDSLIDE SITE ASSESSMENT AND CHARACTERIZATION USING REMOTE SENSING TECHNIQUES , Batmyagmar Dashbold
GEOPHYSICAL TECHNIQUES USED FOR THE ANALYSIS AND PREDICTION OF SOIL STRENGTH AND MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR , Matthew A. Hurley
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND SOFT COMPUTING IN SMART STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS , Sajad Javadinasab Hormozabad
Evaluation of Liquid Ice Melting Additives for Winter Maintenance Applications , Erin Lammers-Staats
LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT OF POLYLACTIC ACID BIOPOLYMER INDUSTRIAL WASTE MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES IN BELIZE , Dennis J. Newby
Investigation of Nitrate Transfer in Karst Basins During Storm Events Using Submersible Underwater Nutrient Analyzers , John Pike
LOCALIZATION OF STATIONARY SOURCE OF FLOOR VIBRATION USING THE STEERED RESPONSE POWER METHOD , Mohammad Royvaran
Risk-Based Construction Inspection , Shannon Rush
Context Classification of Roadways Using Nationally Available GIS Data , Laura Wright
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Submit Research
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Home > Engineering > Civil Engineering > CIVILENG_GRADPROJ
Civil Engineering Graduate Projects and Theses
Theses/dissertations from 2022 2022.
Contaminants of Emerging Concern Behavior within Water Renewal Facilities , Joshua C. Baker
Evaluation of Energy Release from Wildfires Across the Elevation Gradient , Isabelle Rose Butler
Innovative Foundation Alternative Inspired from Tree Roots , Macie Larranaga
Multivariate Analysis of the 2021 Boise Drought in the Context of Natural Human Systems , Jesus Martinez-Osario
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Developing Implementable Policies Targeting Sustainable Building Construction Through International Policy Diffusion , Melisa Ciara Hancock
Using Differential Shear Strain Measurements to Monitor Crosstie Support Conditions in Railroad Tracks , D. Kody Johnson
Water Quality Responses to a Semi-Arid Beaver Meadow in Boise, Idaho , Luise Bayer Winslow
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Quantifying the Effects of Climate Change on Pavement Performance Prediction using AASHTOWare Pavement ME Design , Md Shahjalal Chowdhury
In-situ Fluid Injections to Achieve Bio-Stimulated Calcite Precipitation in Expansive Soils , Anish Pathak
Understanding Mesoscopic Chemo-Mechanical Distress and Mitigation Mechanisms of Concrete Subject to ASR , Md Asif Rahman
Assessing the Prevalence of Suspicious Activities in Asphalt Pavement Construction Using Algorithmic Logics and Machine Learning , Mostofa Najmus Sakib
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Wildfire Smoke: Trends, Challenges, Unknowns, and Human Response , Mariah Dawn Fowler
Full-Scale Study of Infrared Thermography for Assessing Surface and Subsurface Defects in Pavements and Other Civil Infrastructure , Aidin J. Golrokh
Exploring the Use of Data from Newer Technologies in Road Design , Mahamudul Hasan
Effect of Subgrade Conditions on Pavement Analysis and Performance Prediction: A Study for Idaho Conditions , Md Jibon
A Unified Risk-Based Framework for Assessing Sustainability and Resiliency of Civil Infrastructure , Thomas Adam Robbins
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Feasibility of Aerial Tramway at Boise State University , Majed Alsaqyani
Predicting Power Transformer Bushings' Seismic Vulnerability , Jonathan Bender
Effect of Particle Breakage on Ballast Permanent Deformation — A Study Using the Discrete Element Method , Beema Dahal
Machine Learning Methods to Map Stabilizer Effectiveness Based on Common Soil Properties , Amit Gajurel
Physio-Chemical Degradation of Concrete: A Ramification of Coupled Freeze-Thaw and Sulfate Attack , MD Aminul Islam
Studying the Applicability of Biostimulated Calcite Precipitation in Stabilizing Expansive Soils , Md Touhidul Islam
Effect of Subsurface Conditions on Flexible Pavement Behavior: Non-Destructive Testing and Mechanistic Analysis , Md. Fazle Rabbi
Studying the Use of Microbial Induced Calcite Precipitation as a Shallow Stabilization Alternative to Treat Expansive Soils , Tasria Rahman
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Subsurface Characterization of Flexible Pavements Constructed Over Expansive Soil Subgrades and Selection of Suitable Rehabilitation Alternatives , Kazi Moinul Islam
Effect of Particle Size Distribution and Packing Characteristics on Railroad Ballast Shear Strength: A Numerical Study Using the Discrete Element Method , S. M. Naziur Mahmud
Evaluating the Effectiveness of a Hybrid Geosynthetic Reinforcement System to Mitigate Differential Heave on Flexible Pavement due to Expansive Subgrades , Mir Md. Tamim
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
Electromagnetically Induced Alteration of Hydraulic Conductivity of Coarse-Grained Soils for Geotechnical Applications , Rakesh Acharya
Evaluating the Suitability of Microbial Induced Calcite Precipitation Technique for Stabilizing Expansive Soils , Sikha Neupane
Evaluating the Effects of Major Assumptions in Layered Elastic Theory on Railroad Track Response Prediction Through the Development of an Improved Track Analysis Software , Sadichchha Sharma
Coupled Numerical Analysis of Variations in the Capacity of an Energy Pile in Clay Soil , Daniel Patrick Zimmerman
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Impedance-Based Water-Quality Monitoring Using Parallel Plate Method , Ali Nazaridaftari
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Electromagnetically Induced Remediation of Contaminated Soil , Vahab Bolvardi
The Effect of Electromagnetic Waves on Airflow During Air Sparging , Somayeh Najafi
Dual-State Kalman Filter Forecasting and Control Theory Applications for Proactive Ramp Metering , Brian Richard Portugais
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Investigation of Human-Induced Land Use Changes Under Present and Future Climate Projections in Southern Idaho , Korri Allen Anderson
Electromagnetic Alteration of Hydraulic Conductivity of Soils , Sahba Azad
An Investigation into the Water Budget and the Management of the Snake River System , John Whitney Hildreth
A New Framework for Flooding Control in Regulated River Systems , Elizabeth Akemi Kanashiro
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
Analysis of Electromagnetic Stimulation of Transport in Water for Geoenvironmental Applications , Mahsa Azad
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
A System Dynamics Approach for Climate Change Impact Analysis in the Snake River Basin , David Jerome Hoekema
Assessing the Surface Energy Balance Components in the Snake River Basin , W Thilini Ajanthik Jaksa
Investigation of Concrete Sealer Products to Extend Concrete Pavement Life , Justin Nielsen
EM Stimulation of Water for Geotechnical Applications , Harlan Dwight Olson Sangrey
Laser Particulate Counter Calibration to a Micro-Orifice Uniform-Deposit Impactor , Benjamen Fredrich Seely
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Impact of Ground-level Aviation Emissions on Air Quality in the Western United States , Eric Edward Clark
Factors Influencing Soil Moisture at the Hillslope Scale in a Semi-Arid Mountainous Environment , Ivan John Geroy
Identifying Controls on Surface Carbon Dioxide Efflux in a Semi-Arid Ecosystem , Katrina Elsie Ladd
Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Ground Water from Municipal Lagoon Treatment , Teresa Nicholas
Theses/Dissertations from 2007 2007
Design and Validation of an Automated Multistep Outflow Apparatus for Measuring Soil Hydraulic Properties , Jordi Figueras
Theses/Dissertations from 2006 2006
Integrated Transportation and Land Use Modeling for the Boise Metropolitan Area , Suseel Dev Indrakanti
A Gas Sampling Module for a Subsurface Ion Mobility Spectrometer , Kevin P. Ryan
Theses/Dissertations from 2005 2005
Development of a Queue Growth and Dissipation Model , Wei Wang
Theses/Dissertations from 2002 2002
Changes in Local Groundwater Elevation Following Stream Restoration in the Lower Red River Meadow, Idaho , Kenneth Douglas Donley
- SelectedWorks Gallery
- Albertsons Library
- Division of Research
- Graduate College
- Notify me via email or RSS
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
- +44 7897 053596
- [email protected]
Hire a Writer
Get an experienced writer start working on your paper
Review our examples before placing an order
Learn how to draft academic papers
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics
Computer Science Dissertation Topics
The Sources and Impacts of Academic Stress in Indian Adolescents: A Quantitative Study
- Dissertation Topics
Civil engineering is a diverse field of study that includes designing, building, supervising, and maintaining infrastructure projects in both private and public sectors. Civil engineers are primarily responsible for maintaining the construction work from the beginning till the end. In academics, research in civil engineering allows researchers and students to devise viable construction methods. Productive civil engineering dissertation topics aim to add value to these key themes of study and therefore play a key role in the dissertations.
If you are looking for a quality dissertation topic in civil engineering, Premier Dissertations is the right place to reach out. The expert civil engineering researchers and writers have prepared a list of research topics in civil engineering for the ease of students to kick-start their dissertation journey effectively.
If you would like to choose any topic from the given list, simply drop us a WhatsApp Message or an Email , and we will be readily available for your assistance.
You may also like to review the followings;
- Construction Engineering Dissertation Topics | Project Management Dissertation Topics
- Engineering Management Dissertation Topics | Entrepreneurship Dissertation Topics
Get a Dissertation Proposal – Get Going!
Dissertation Proposal Lays Down the Outline of Your Final Dissertation
List of Best Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics 2023
How does it work.
Our team will;
1 - Propose 3+ Civil Engineering Topics 2 - Write a Dissertation Proposalc 3 - Write the 1st-half of Dissertation 4 - Write the Final Dissertation
How to Get a New Dissertation Topic in Civil Engineering ?
Civil engineering is a diverse field of study and finding a quality topic title that suits your academic requirements can be a highly challenging task.
However, you can get multiple custom research topics in civil engineering by following the following;
- filling out this brief form
While filling out the form, you must mention your research interest. You can add any research interest, such as using artificial intelligence in civil engineering, computer-aided applications such as BIM in the civil engineering sector, developing state-of-the-art green or sustainable structures, etc.
As soon as we have received your order, we will get back to you with custom topics in civil engineering.
For more civil engineering dissertation topics, please keep checking our website as we keep adding new topics to our existing list of titles.
Get an Immediate Response
Discuss your requirments with our writers
Free Dissertation Topic Form
Fill the following form to get a custom dissertation topics in civil engineering
Get 3+ Free Dissertation Topics within 24 hours?
Enter Your Phone Number
Academic Level Select Your Academic Level Undergraduate Masters PhD
Area of Research
Islamic Finance Dissertation Topics
Topics form with ad.
Web Development Dissertation Topics
Comments are closed.
- Dissertation Writing Service
- Dissertation Assistance Service
- Dissertation Consulting Service
- Buy Dissertation
- Dissertation Abstract Writing Services
- Dissertation Formatting Service
- Buy Dissertation Methodology
- Dissertation Case Study Service
- Pay For Dissertation
- Dissertation Chapter Writing Services
- Dissertation Conclusion Services
- Dissertation Data Analysis Services
- Dissertation Discussion Writing Services
- Dissertation Introduction Writing Service
- Dissertation Outline Service
- Online Dissertation Help
- Write My Dissertation
- Do My Dissertation
- Help With Thesis Writing Service
- Dissertation Writing England
- Dissertation Writing Service London
- Dissertation Writing Northern Ireland
- Dissertation Writing Scotland
- Dissertation Writing Wales
- Personal Statement Writing Service
- Marketing Dissertation
- Digital Marketing Dissertation
- Law Dissertation
- Economics Dissertation
- Accounting Dissertation
- Business Management Dissertation
- Nursing Dissertation
- Psychology Dissertation
- Social Media Marketing Dissertation
- English Literature Dissertation
- Finance Dissertation
- History Dissertation
- HRM Dissertation
- IT Dissertation
- Linguistics Dissertation
- Supply Chain Management Dissertation
- Health And Social Care Dissertation
- Buy Master Dissertation
- Buy MBA Dissertation
- Buy PhD Dissertation
- Masters Dissertation Proposal Help
- MBA Dissertation Proposal Help
- PhD Data Collection Services
- PhD Dissertation Proposal Help
- PhD Qualitative Data Analysis Services
- Master Thesis Help
- PhD Thesis Writing Help
- PhD Dissertation Editing
- Finance Dissertation Editing
- Digital Marketing Dissertation Editing
- Accounting Dissertation Editing
- Sociology Dissertation Editing
- English Literature Dissertation Editing
- Economics Dissertation Editing
- Linguistics Dissertation Editing
- Business Management Dissertation Editing
- Psychology Dissertation Editing
- Marketing Dissertation Editing
- Academic Poster Designing Services
- Dissertation PowerPoint Presentation Service
- Dissertation Presentation Writing Services
- Literature Review Writing Service
- Primary Data Collection Service
- Qualitative Data Dissertation Services
- Research Data Collection Service
- Secondary Data Collection Help
Hire a Writer
Get an expert writer for your academic paper
Take a look at samples for quality assurance
- Dissertation Topics
Free customised dissertation topics for your assistance
- Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics
- Biomedical Science (1)
- computer science research topics (1)
- Criminology Research Topics (1)
- Accounting Dissertation Topics (8)
- Banking & Finance Dissertation Topics (10)
- Business Management Dissertation Topics (35)
- Economic Dissertation Topics (1)
- Education Dissertation Topics (12)
- Engineering Dissertation Topics (9)
- English Literature Dissertation Topics (3)
- HRM Dissertation Topics (3)
- Law Dissertation Topics (13)
- Marketing Dissertation Topics (9)
- Medical Dissertation Topics (7)
- Nursing Dissertation Topics (11)
- Other Topics (10)
- Supply Chain Dissertation Topics (2)
- Economics Research Topics (1)
- Google Scholar Research Topics (1)
- How To (21)
- HR Research Topics (1)
- Law Research Topics (1)
- Management Research Topics (1)
- Marketing Research Topics (1)
- MBA Research Topics (1)
- Medical Research Topics (1)
- Business Management Research Topics (1)
Get a native to improve your language & writing
Enjoy quality dissertation help on any topic
Qualitative & Quantitative data analysis
Perfect Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics You Wanted All Along
Date published June 28 2020 by Jacob Miller
Get Help On Your Dissertation
DissertationProposal.co.uk is offering expert assistance for university students at any level. Our dissertation writing service has been serving students since 2011.
A good engineering dissertation topic can be the defining factor between you either acing your dissertation and becoming a valedictorian or you passing with bare minimum marks.
Civil engineering is a very vast field, due to which you can easily become overwhelmed when considering the perfect civil engineering dissertation topics. This is the reason our team of most talented academic writers in UK have made a list of the best engineering dissertation ideas you can find online.
Table of Contents
How “Dissertation Proposal” Can Help You!
Our top dissertation writing experts are waiting 24/7 to assist you with your university project, from critical literature reviews to a complete masters dissertation.
Tour Our World-Class Civil Engineering Dissertation Ideas, Custom Tailored For You
These free civil engineering dissertation ideas are just the tip of the iceberg. Our senior dissertation specialists are just a click away from providing you with a list of winning engineering dissertation topics.
View different varieties of dissertation topics and samples on multiple subjects for every educational level
Since the topic is the first thing that a reader will see and read, therefore it is recommended to spend a good amount of time on brainstorming for perfect civil engineering dissertation topics. For this you should read as much literature as you can. More topics you will have, the better the chances of landing on an ideal topic for your dissertation.
We at ‘Dissertation Proposal’ have senior expert writers that are readily available to assist you in your quest of finding the best engineering dissertation topics. Saving your precious time that can be utilized elsewhere in dissertation writing.
Not at all, all the dissertations follow almost the same formatting rules. Although it is a good practice to check which formatting rules your college or university accepts. Some common formatting rules are:
- Size of the paper should be A4
- The font of the dissertation should be “Times New Roman”
- Font size should be between 10 and 12.
- 1.5 line spacing between each line
- 3.5 cm margin on the left (or the side the dissertation is going to be binded from)
- 2.5 cm margin for all other sides
- Pagination i.e. except for the title page, every other page in the dissertation should be assigned a number (even the ones left blank).
Pro Tip: Check the document formatting again when converting to or from other file formats e.g. word à pdf or vice versa. There may be conversion glitches.
Our writers are masters of formatting the perfect dissertation for their customers. Being mindful of these small but impactful details is what makes us better than the rest in the market.
Like any other dissertation, the civil engineering dissertation can be anywhere from
- 100 pages to 300 pages long
- or between 10000 to 15000 words
Although there is no fixed limit to any of it. The pages and words can vary according to the field of study and the title of the topic.
Depending on the
- type of research involved
A dissertation can take from a few months to a few years to complete.
Our industry leading academic writers are so efficient in writing dissertations, that they always deliver on the assigned date and have never ever missed a deadline.
Yes, there is a slight difference between the weightage of engineering dissertation and other dissertations. The word count needs to be adjusted according to the weightage.
Dissertation weightage for other disciplines:
Literature Review: 15%
Dissertation weightage for engineering disciplines
Introduction: 3% - 10%
Literature Review: 8% - 30%
Methodology: 8% - 20%
Result: 15% - 60%
Only our market professional writers have the ability to be considerate and adjust the weightage and word counts for all the different types of dissertations.
Meet Our Professionals Ranging From Renowned Universities
Jacob Miller is known for his amazing dissertation formatting skills. She is the guru of dissertation writing and editing. Miller has a doctorate degree in Law and loves spending time with his law students.
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics for 2021 Topic 1: Computational Mechanics and Modelling Topic 2: Development in Rock Mechanics Topic 3: Assessment of the bridges with innovative ideas Topic 4: Efficiently managing the water resources Topic 5: Stability of high rise buildings Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics for 2020
Theses/Dissertations from 2022. PDF. DEVELOPMENT OF A DECISION-MAKING TOOL FOR PREDICTION OF RAINFALL-INDUCED LANDSLIDES, Faisal Shakib Ahmed. PDF. Identifying and Evaluating the Perceptions of Near-Miss Reporting within the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Seth Atkins. PDF.
Civil Engineering Graduate Projects and Theses Theses/Dissertations from 2022 PDF Contaminants of Emerging Concern Behavior within Water Renewal Facilities, Joshua C. Baker Theses/Dissertations from 2021 PDF Developing Implementable Policies Targeting Sustainable Building Construction Through International Policy Diffusion, Melisa Ciara Hancock PDF
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics for 2022 to 2023. Topic 1: Cause and effect of cracks in building structures. Topic 2: The suitability of gravel and sand materials used in construction. Topic 3: Impact of proper maintenance on infrastructures in urban areas.
Tour Our World-Class Civil Engineering Dissertation Ideas, Custom Tailored For You. A novel ...