- How It Works
125 Project Management Research Topics Ideas
Are you urgently in need of top-class project management research topics for your upcoming exam? Keep reading for exclusive writing ideas. Those who have handled a project management thesis before can witness that this is not a smooth affair. The creativity, level of research, and critical thinking necessary for developing such a paper require a mature student. The greatest hurdle comes in when you want to develop your research topic. Our professional writers have everything you need to write an award-winning paper. Scroll down to find out how?
What Is A Project Management Research Paper?
It is an assignment that requires students to integrate the different processes to achieve a particular goal and deliverables. Project management is based on the principle that all tasks are special, and thus, you should not treat two tasks as the same.
In this type of assignment, students have to develop many coordination skills and fairness in dealing with various projects. Since various tasks differ in line with their functional procedures, you have to dig deeper to determine how each yields direct and proportional earnings in the end. Does all these sound like rocket science to you? Well, the next few lines will make you understand this subject better.
Key Points About A Project Management Thesis
There are different steps involved in writing a project management paper. These will contribute to the body paragraphs’ overall quality, length, and depth. The various practices involved in project management include:
Initiating Planning Executing Controlling Closing the work of a team
When you bring all these processes together, you can achieve a particular goal or specific success within the set time. That brings us to a critical component of project management – time! Every project has a given time frame within which it is complete. It is the primary challenge as time constraints are always when unexpected issues arise. However, with practice, time will not be a factor anymore; it will be the motivation for completing a particular project. If you don’t feel those skills are important to you, you can get custom dissertation help from our expert team.
How To Write A Top-Rated Project Management Paper
For you to write a paper that will get the attention of your university teacher, there are various steps that you have to take. Remember that you have to demonstrate to your professor that you understand your topic and can significantly contribute to the topic at the end of the day. Here is a step-by-step guide that will take you through the full process of project management writing:
- Understand your assignment: You should carefully read the question and point out any confusing part that you may need clarity with your professor. You also set the goal, timeline, length, format, and other requirements.
- Develop an interesting project management topic: The best way to generate a writing idea is by brainstorming. You can ask a friend tutor or get inspiration from other research papers.
- Begin your preliminary research: You can point out arguments that seem important to your topic and find captivating angles to present them. It is advisable to consult sources such as books, journals, or reliable websites. Having research questions in this section will give you ample time.
- Think of an exciting thesis statement: This will be your central argument that will establish your research paper’s position and purpose. Remember to include the evidence and reasoning you intend to support your answer.
- Develop an outline for your paper: It includes the key topics, arguments, and examples that will feature in your paper. Having a structured outline helps you complete the writing process effortlessly.
Once you complete these steps, your writing will be like a walk in the park. You will express your ideas clearly and have a logical paper. Now let’s explore some of the most sought after project management topics:
Easy Project Management Research Topics
- How to implement capital improvement projects
- Discuss the essence of a good project management plan before the onset
- The role of technology and funding in implementing projects
- Consider the effects of working from home on project management
- How global companies manage projects across various regions
- What is the impact of the world becoming a global village in project management?
- Why is it necessary to segment tasks in a multi-sectorial project?
- Discuss the process of harmonizing systems, people, and resources
- Why is project management as a course in school necessary for the job market?
- Discuss the challenges related to transit projects
- Evaluate the various trends in project management in the digital age
- The role of leadership systems in project management
- Why time management is necessary for the completion of any task
- How to develop achievable goals or aspirations in a project
- The role of risk management before embarking on a project
High-Quality Project Management Topics
- The undisputed role of administrators in any project
- Technological systems that have made project management easier
- Discuss the complexity in completing different projects
- Why should every project have a project tracking instrument?
- Steps towards developing a working budget for a project
- Why do project managers write a proposal before embarking on the actual work?
- How often should the project manager meet to discuss the progress of a project?
- How to develop cost-effective projects in developed nations
- Discuss the various sources of primary funding for projects
- Why are communications skills necessary for any project?
- Compare and contrast the completion rate of government projects versus private projects.
- Discuss the authorization process of a project
Custom Project Management Research Paper Topics
- Discuss the roles of various officers involved in the running of a project
- What makes a particular project require a great number of resources?
- How to develop objectives and scope of work for different projects
- Analyze how the 24-hour economy is impacting the completing of massive projects
- Why it is important to determine the timing of an escalation in a project
- Should project managers remain engaged throughout the lifecycle of a project?
- Discuss some of the leadership qualities necessary for project management
- Why motivation is necessary for the completion of any project
- How to point out signs of retardation in a project
- The essence of addressing emerging issues in a project as soon as possible
- What are the differences at the micro and macro levels of a project?
- Steps involved in the termination process of a project
The Best Project Management Topics For Research
- Compare and contrast the procedural and mechanical parts of a project
- How to yield direct and proportional earnings from a project
- Management of a project during the economic recession
- Evaluate how COVID-19 restrictions impacted project management policies
- The role of integrating people and machines in the completion of projects
- Analyze the role of soft skills in project success rates
- How does cultural diversity impact project performance in the US?
- Why it is important to keep financial records in the implementation of a project
- Evaluate the design and implementation of projects
- A review of the stalled projects and why the project managers are to blame
- An in-depth analysis of procurement procedures in project management
- How organizational characters affect the development of a project
College Project Management Topics For Research Papers
- Investigate the organizational characteristics that affect project completion
- Identify cost-effective key performance indicators in a project?
- Social network analysis tools necessary for project management
- Discuss how emotional intelligence leads to the success of a project
- How to develop an effective project scheduling system for large projects
- Why standard operating procedures are necessary for effective projects
- The role of teamwork and collaboration in project completion
- Why quality control is necessary for any successful project
- Effective resource management techniques for technical projects
- Interpersonal skills that will make a project work
- Ethics involved in project management
- Discuss project mapping and progress reporting
Latest Research Topics For Project Management
- Are all project problems an indicator of more trouble to come?
- The role of identifying job descriptions in the success of projects
- Why it is necessary to incorporate staff retention and training in projects
- Evaluate the various project documentation processes
- How to develop better project control and management tools
- Discuss the differences between contractual and commercial management of projects
- Why delays and disruptions increase the cost of projects
- Impact of timely delivery of projects on economic development of countries
- Effects of sanctions of global projects
- Discuss conflict resolution practices in a particular project
- How to develop credit risk modeling techniques for projects
- Why appraisals and incentives are necessary for project success
Hot Research Project Topics In Business Management
- The role of business planning in a competitive environment
- How different business structures affect their development paradigms
- How to develop effective customer service strategies for businesses
- Why it is necessary to resolve employment issues before they escalate
- Inventory control practices in business management
- Discussing the necessity of keeping a keen eye on tax compliance in business establishments
- The role of record-keeping in the management of business ventures
- How to develop pricing structures that will keep the business afloat
- Discuss the peculiarities of merchandising and packaging
- Evaluate how insurance is necessary for any business
- Marketing strategies that will outshine competitors in a business setting
- How e-commerce is transforming project management in businesses
Innovative Topics For Project Management Research
- The role of decision making and problem-solving in project management
- Why technology and analytics are important components of successful projects
- How to use organizational culture to the benefit of project management
- How to manage international businesses using social media
- Discuss the role of entrepreneurs and founders in project development
- Effective operation strategies for developing projects
- How to adjust and adapt to organizational change
- Performance indicators that are necessary for competitive project management
- The role of feedback in the development of any commercial project
- Why personal productivity is necessary for any project management strategy
- Reasons why health and behavioral science are important in project management
- Discuss the effects of globalization on project management policies
Quality Research Topics In Management
- Discuss the role of government policies and regulations in project management
- How power and influence impact award of tenders for various projects
- Human rights to consider in project management
- The role of incubation hubs in project development
- Cross-functional management in projects
- Team member engagement in project management
- Legal issues in project management
- Political interference in development projects
- Evaluate various workspaces design
- Why should workplace health and safety be a priority in project management?
- Virtual teams and project management
- Why mission statements are necessary for project management
Construction Project Management Research Topics
- Best practices in digital project management
- How English as a language necessitates project management
- Online technologies that offer innovative project management ideas
- Student-centered symposiums in project management
- Cheap project management solutions that offer quality output
- The role of expatriates in development projects
- Discuss the four phases of project management
- How to manage change in a project
- Agile innovation methods for project success
- Quantitative tools for project management
- The revival of the construction project economy
- Developing sustainable construction projects
- The impact of building information modeling
- Collaborative work in project management
Want an Expert to Do Your Research?
Scoring top grades is no longer a wish but a reality with these topics. If you wish to hire professional dissertation writers for your project management task, type ‘ do my thesis ,’ Our writers will come through for you. Our writing assistance is all you need to ace your project management paper today!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
- < Previous
Home > PMGT > Dissertations and Theses > 35
Dissertations and Theses
Reasons for Success and Failure of Projects
Tamunogbenye Dago , Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
Master of Science (MS)
Program or Discipline Name
This paper discusses information from at least ten peer-reviewed project management related articles on project success and failure. The articles provide information on the challenges faced in global projects. This paper will address the link between infrastructure, culture and project outcome.
Regardless of the chosen methodology, there are many possible reasons for project failure, partial success and total success, the articles have discussed different factors which could be a reason or a partial reason for the outcome of a project.
Agile methodology is becoming increasingly popular and utilized on large and complex projects. Large projects that lack clarity in some respects can adopt this methodology as it accommodates the changing nature of the project objectives.
(Symonds, 2012) addressed the importance of effective financial management to keep costs within budget on a large or complex project. The articles also draw attention to the fact that different types of projects could have varying critical success factors, and these would need to be identified for each specific project. The author of each article has a different focus in his or her research on why projects may succeed or fail. (Walid, 1996) explains that there are critical success factors which must be identified and achieved by the project team to attain project success. (Glass, 1999) however, focused on the human contribution to project success or failure. His research addressed the impact that the project manager has on the performance of the project team.
This paper evaluates the assertions made by previous researchers on the subject to establish the relationship between infrastructure, culture and project outcome.
Dago, T. (2018). Reasons for Success and Failure of Projects . Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.harrisburgu.edu/pmgt_dandt/35
Since July 10, 2018
Human Resources Management Commons , Interpersonal and Small Group Communication Commons , Management Information Systems Commons , Management Sciences and Quantitative Methods Commons
To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately, you may Download the file to your hard drive.
NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Submission Guidelines and Policies
- Submit Research
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
- How it works
How much will your dissertation cost?
Have an expert academic write your dissertation paper!
Get unlimited topic ideas and a dissertation plan for just £45.00
Order topics and plan
Get 1 free topic in your area of study with aim and justification
Yes I want the free topic
Project Management Dissertation Topics
Published by Alvin Nicolas at January 10th, 2023 , Revised On October 5, 2023
Are you looking to select the best project management dissertation topic for your dissertation? To help you get started with brainstorming for project management topics, we have developed a list of the latest project management dissertation topics that can be used for writing your project management or operations management dissertation.
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team , so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation. If you have used one of the project management dissertation ideas provided on our website and want that removed from this page, please contact us via live chat, email or telecom.
Project management is an important area of study because the success of any business is largely dependent on successful project management. At Research Prospect, we have many project management experts who can help you with topic selection, proposal writing and full dissertation writing.
Review step by step guide on how to write your own dissertation here. Check our complete list of dissertation topics .
- International Development Dissertation Topics
- Cooperate Governance Dissertation Topics
- Business Intelligence Dissertation Topics
- Business Information Technology Dissertation Topics
- International Business Dissertation Topics
- Business Management Dissertation Topics
- Business Psychology Dissertation Topics
- Business Law Dissertation Topics
- Business Dissertation Topics
- HRM Dissertation Topics
- Management Dissertation Topics
- Operations Management Dissertation Topics
2022 Project Management Research Topics
Management quality and control- assessing the role of project length in the uk construction sector..
Research Aim: The construction industry is one of the most significant contributors to the country’s economy. This study investigates the role of project length on management control and quality in the UK’s construction sector. Also, the research will analyse the connection between project length and quality control, considering the moderating impact of management quality control on a project’s success.
Sustainable Construction and Project Management- A review from literature.
Research Aim: The main aim of this study is to analyse the role of sustainability and sustainable construction in project management, focusing on the existing literature for sustainability, sustainable practices, and how it has impacted the project’s success within the construction industry. We will investigate how to achieve sustainability and its benefits to the construction industry.
Project Management- Evolution and Development from the past twenty years.
Research Aim: This study will examine the development and evolution of project management over the past twenty years taking account of how things have changed due to technological advancements, updated skills, and new trends. The paper will discuss theories and various aspects contributing to the changes and latest project management developments. Project management involves operation, risk, dynamics, and several other fields. This study will give you a proper understanding of it has developed and evolved within these twenty years.
Visit our topics database to view 100s of dissertation topics in your research area.
Investigating the Challenges in Public Procurement for Project Management- A case study of UK's IT sector.
Research Aim: In many countries, public procurement estimates for a considerable market section can be essential in inspiring communities and achieving governmental objectives. Keeping this in mind, the government has set rules to regulate public procurement. This research will investigate the challenges faced in public procurement for project management in the UK’s IT sector, highlighting different socioeconomic factors national factors, balancing dynamic pressures, satisfying the requirements, and keeping an ultimate goal of maximising competition in mind.
5- Assessing the Impact of the Coronavirus Crisis on Project Delays and Digitalization - A case of the European Construction industry.
Research Aim: The covid-19 pandemic has forced the countries to confront a new reality; the method adopted to prevent the spread has included social distancing and isolation and complete lockdowns, which caused several problems for the project managers and companies, and also resulted in indefinite delays. This study will examine the impact of the covid-19 crisis on the European construction industry, digitalisation’s role in reducing the negative consequences, and how the industry deals with the situation. a qualitative and quantitive research study will be conducted to get significant results for this study.
Covid-19 Project Management Research Topics
What lessons can we learn from the covid-19 (coronavirus) crisis.
Research Aim: Actually, the ongoing crisis could invite a welcome reality check. It magnifies all those small issues and inefficiencies that we usually tolerate in our daily work; it can help us recognize and understand what could be done better. It could provide the nudge we need to solve them, paving the way for tomorrow’s better, more efficient project management strategy. Remote project management issues… are no different from usual PM issues.
How to Minimise the Impact of the COVID-19 Virus on an Organisation?
Research Aim: The coronavirus outbreak is a major concern for the health of potentially hundreds of thousands of people. It also impacts the global economy with tourism, aviation, and hospitality the initially hardest-hit industries. This research aims to identify the strategies that would enable us to minimise the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on the efficiency of organisations.
Project Management and COVID-19: How to Manage an Extraordinary Crisis?
Research Aim: While we’re still early days into the crisis, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that COVID-19 is a black swan event. You couldn’t have predicted it, nor could you have anticipated its impact. Conventional rules go out the window during such a crisis. There is no standard risk management playbook for dealing with a worldwide epidemic; you have to improvise and adapt on the fly. This research will discuss this extraordinary event, how to deal with it, and minimise its impact on your organisation.
Project Management in the Times of COVID-19
Research Aim: Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic as notified by the World Health Organisation has had a significant impact on businesses the world over. More and more countries are being impacted every day with substantial loss of life and business. This study will investigate how business organisations around the world have been proactive in minimising and the COVID-19 impact for their customers, and at the same time, helped their customers to run and deliver efficient services for their customers.
How the UK Government is Supporting Businesses with Project Management (PMO) and Governance During COVID-19?
Research Aim: The main aim of the research will be to focus on identifying the strategies and the policies implemented by the UK government to support businesses with project management and governance during the Covid-19 crisis.
Should Project Risk Management Take the Pandemic into Consideration?
Research Aim: Considering the world has endured pandemics before, this is, in theory, a known risk. But you likely did not include it in your project risk register, as it is very unlikely. In this case, the risk is unknown to you because you and your team didn’t identify this risk. Whether we agree or not, no one in the world was able to assess the impact of COVID-19 before it happened accurately—and there is still uncertainty about its implications moving forward. Consequently, this may not be part of project risk management. So what can we do?
COVID-19 Challenges and Response: How Procurement Underpins the World Bank’s Response to the Pandemic?
Research Aim: The World Bank Group is committed to providing a fast, flexible response to the coronavirus pandemic. It offers financing, policy advice, and technical assistance in every region, from healthcare and education to trade and technology. In this research study, we explore how different teams around the World Bank Group are responding to the challenges ahead.
How to Win a New Project in the Times of COVID-19?
Research Aim: COVID-19 might have derailed project plans for many organisations, but it’s worth considering what might still be possible remotely. There might be more to salvage than we think, which this research study will explore.
Communication Through Crisis: Keeping Project Management Effective in the Wake of COVID-19
Research Aim: The evolution of managing projects is taking a turn during this COVID-19 crisis. Instead of holding a conference call for a few locations where groups of people are in the same room, we are now facilitating sessions where everyone is in a separate location. Think about that for a minute. You are promoting a meeting with ten people, and no one is in the same room. Can we be successful in this new environment? This research aims to identify the communication tools and policies that would enable organisations to respond to the challenges posed by the Covid-10 crisis effectively.
Preventive Measures for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Research Aim: Employers and occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals have a vital role to play in preventing the spread of coronavirus. To mitigate the spread of the disease, an increasing number of employers are making efforts to modify working patterns, including encouraging staff to work from home if they develop any of the symptoms. This research will investigate the preventive measures taken by business organisations to deal with the Covid-19 crisis.
Considerations for Business and Risk Managers During the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Outbreak
Research Aim: The situation for businesses and risk managers is changing rapidly after the outbreak of Covid-19. Alongside the obvious risks to human health, we also see severe disruption-related impacts on organisations arising from the travel and opening restrictions, event cancellations, workforce issues, supply chain disruptions, financial and market volatility, and cash flow problems. This research study will talk about the considerations for business and risk managers during the Coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak.
Coping with Coronavirus: Strategies to Mitigate Business Risks
Research Aim: What would happen to your organisation if illness led to a sudden reduction of more than 40% of the workforce? In this research, the researcher will use a mixed research method to uncover the strategies businesses can adopt to cope with coronavirus and mitigate business risks.
Best Project Management Topics for 2021
Correlation between brand dominance and influencer marketing: a case study of lux.
Research Aim: This study is based on the correlation between the dominancy of brands via influencer marketing. The main objective is to determine the positive or negative impact of the correlation between brand dominancy via influencer marketing.
Analysis of Strategies to Incorporate Innovative Services into Consumer Lives
Research Aim: This research will analyse the best strategies that need the contemporary life model of consumers and are essentially required to be addressed to meet the modern era’s current requirements.
Factors that Influence Customers Satisfaction on Brand Success: A Case Study of Young Adults
Research Aim: This study will investigate how brand success relies on customer satisfaction. Identifying determinants of customer satisfaction will be the key objective of this work.
Impacts of Artificial Intelligence on Project Management
Research Aim: This research aims to identify the Impacts of Artificial Intelligence on Project Management. It will also address the advantages and disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence using the existing literature.
Importance of Soft Skills in Project Management
Research Aim: This research aims to identify the importance of Soft skills in Project Management. Students may use any example project as the base of the research.
The Role of Digital and Remote Teams in Project Management
Research Aim: This research aims to address the role of Digital and Remote teams in Project Management. It will be a comparative study of both types of team that covers and assess their advantages and disadvantages.
The Importance of Soft Skills in Project Management-Case Study
Research Aim: This research aims to address the importance of Soft skills in Project Management. A case study will evaluate project managers’ soft skills and their association with teammates in the workplace. It will also suggest ways to improve the soft skills of all the employees in an organization.
Hybrid Project Management Approaches
Research Aim: This research aims to address the role of Hybrid Project Management approaches and their growing popularity.
Importance of Change Management
Research Aim: Change Management is an important skill that a project manager needs to possess to meet organizational transitions’ challenges. This research aims to highlight the importance of change management and its implementation in the working environment.
Culture and Conflict Management
Research Aim: This research focuses on culture and conflict management in the workplace, addresses the issues of concern, and suggests possible solutions.
Best Project Management Topics for 2020
Is project management software worth the cost.
Research Aim: Project management, as an individual academic subject, has flourished in recent decades. With it has come companies and software development firms that churn out what they consider project management tools most focused on scheduling time, cost, and team. The research will analyse different project management software to conclude if they increase productivity and lead to project success.
Team Conflict Dynamic Model & Project Success Written by Ruskin Bond
Research Aim: The research will use the team conflict dynamics model to analyse different conflict types and team conflict profiles to produce resolutions that can improve or lead to project success.
Research Aim: The research will examine how the cultures of project managers may influence their methods of conflict resolution. How does a project manager’s culture affect how they name, frame, blame and try to tame conflict in their project? Learn more about Conflict Management.
Analysing the Impact of Project Management Principles and System Dynamics on Humanitarian Logistics
Research Aim: Recent environmental disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis have increased the need for humanitarian logistics around the world as such events have claimed the lives of millions while also causing millions in infrastructure damage. To reduce these damages improvements, need to be made to logistics operations. The research paper will analyse System Dynamics (SD) in collaboration with humanitarian logistics, which factors in stakeholders, responses, flows in the supply chain, and its interactions. The study aims to recommend adaptations to project management theories to modify them as a tool for planning processes of humanitarian operations.
Analysing the Project Delay Causes and How Global Construction Companies Are Coping with It
Research Aim: The main aim of the research will be focusing on identifying the leading causes and symptoms of project delays and how it impacts the project life cycle. The second phase of the project will be focused on how global construction companies have devised different strategies to cope with this issue.
Assessing the Importance of Communication in Maintaining Quality and Timely Delivery of Project Activities
Research Aim: This research will be focusing on analysing the significance of communication between the project organisation and its stakeholders (both internal and external) and how this efficient communication helps the organisation in maintaining quality and timely delivery of project activities.
Identifying the Factors of Project Selection: Does a Drastic Shift in Project Benefits Approach Towards Customer-Centricity?
Research Aim: The primary purpose of this research paper is to identify the most critical factors that help in selecting a project. This paper will specifically be focusing on analysing the shift of the project benefits approach towards customer-centricity. Project benefits are focused more on attaining tangible things such as high sales, more revenue, faster call handling times, etc.; whereas customer centricity approach is focused more on selecting those clients who are easy to work with, having high brand value, etc.
Analysing the Impact of Project Misalignment with Business Objectives on the Overall Project Performance
Research Aim: COVID-19 might have derailed project plans for many organisations, but it’s worth considering what might still be possible remotely. There might be more to salvage than we think, which this research study will explore.
Assessing the Importance of Project Management Soft Skills in the Context of Project Success Rates
Research Aim: This research will conduct a detailed critical analysis of project management soft skills, including its benefits and cost and how it helps the project in achieving the desired result and outcome.
Analysing the Impact of Psychosocial Stressors on Project Manager Performance. The Mediating Effect of Organisational Culture
Research Aim: Using a research model, the impact of psychosocial stressors (health & well-being, work individual interface, work environment, etc.) is tested on project managers’ performance using dimensions of performance. Project managers are asked to complete a questionnaire that will be the basis of collecting empirical data. The data is then analysed using Smart PLS.
Analysing the Impact of Culture on Project Performance in the IT Industry
Research Aim: The research aims to analyse the causes of delay and failure due to cultural factors. The research model investigates the impact of national culture and organizational culture, through the mediation of interpersonal conflict, on project performance which is measured through various dimensions.
Examining the Impact of Organization to Implementation of Project Management Practices
Research Aim: In this research, the researcher will use mixed methods research techniques to undercover the informal people-focused project management practices that are implemented in SMEs. Using interviews and surveys, firms from a specific industry will be selected to collect data to examine the firm’s perceived size and how it impacts project management practices.
Examining Project Management Research Trends that influence Project Success
Research Aim: The researcher will use systematic literature review techniques to identify and analyse project management research trends. Then using comparative analysis, a plausible relationship between project management research trends and social and economic trends are analysed.
Analysing the Impact of Project Management Maturity Factors on Project Success in Large Enterprises
Research Aim: The role of projects has significantly increased worldwide due to more improved international standards and training in the field. Many studies still identify that the number of successful projects hasn’t changed. This research aims to study the possible relationship between project performance/success factors and organisational project management maturity.
The Impact of Agile Project Management on Productivity in the IT Industry
Research Aim: The research will use quantitative research techniques to analyse the impact on productivity in companies working in the IT industry. Mainly, productivity will be measured using the dimension of customer satisfaction, improvement of productivity, and job satisfaction. Empirical hypothesis testing methods will be used to analyse and report the outputs of the data.
Agile-Scrum for Healthcare Project Management
Research Aim: Agile-scrum project management was developed originally for the IT industry; however, it has unlimited potential to bring benefits to other sectors, including the healthcare industry. The research will attempt to show how it may be applied in the healthcare industry to develop frameworks to improve quality, timeliness, and overall value for delivering healthcare in a large-scale patient setting. Learn about creating the best environment for research and writing your project.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
Research-Based Project Management Dissertation Topics
Investigating project management success for project-oriented business organisations from the perspective of technical capacity, organisation structure, and leadership.
Research Aim: This research will talk about the different ways a high achieving, project-oriented firm utilises project management to enhance its organisational structure and leadership. The study will also analyse the technical capacity of organisations based on the implementation and success of project management techniques.
Understanding The Role Of Project Management Soft Skills To Increase Project Success Rates – Review Of Statistically Meaningful And Documented Evidence
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse the impact of project management soft skills on the success of the project. This will be done using statistical data and evidence.
Understanding The Role Of Project Management Methodologies To Increase Project Success Rates – Review Of Statistically Meaningful And Documented Evidence
Research Aim: This research will evaluate the role of project management methodologies and the impact it has on project success. Statistical data and evidence will be used for this research.
The Impact of Project Manager’s Optimism and Stress Management on IT Project Success
Research Aim: The research aims to uncover how soft competencies of IT project management affect project success. The study will focus on optimism and stress’s impact on IT project success. The study will be conducted using empirical research methods using a survey or questionnaire distributed to managers. The study’s data is proposed to be analysed using structural equation modelling.
Analysing Critical Success Factors of Project Management on Global Software Development
Research Aim: The study will use quantitative research methods to identify critical success factors related to project management in global software development (GSD). The study will analyse the variation of essential success factors with respect to project type and size and company type and size. The data will be analysed using inferential statistics.
Analysing the Impact of Strategic Roles in Project Management Office on Business Ecosystems
Research Aim: The study will examine seven project management office roles for the achievement of strategic planning in large public sector organisations of the UK. The proposed research will use a questionnaire survey to collect data from project managers in public organisations that have project management office (PMO) units. The data collected will then be analysed using multiple regression.
Examining Project Stakeholder Management (PSM) using Fuzzy Cognitive Map Modeling
Research Aim: The research paper aims to analyse current methodologies related to the support of PSM. The study aims to improve the practice of project stakeholder management methodologies using Fuzzy Cognitive Map modelling. The data will be collected using a case study of a public organisation in the UK.
Examining the Impact of Risk Management Use on Information Systems Project Success
Research Aim: The proposed study will analyse the impact of risk management practices on information systems projects to address the continued industry practice of geographically separated teams. The data for the study will be collected using a survey of information systems project managers. The study will attempt to establish a relationship between risk management practices and successful outcomes. The data collected will be analysed using correlation analysis.
Improving Project Management Model – Implementing Support Factors into Earned Value Management (EVM)
Research Aim: The study proposes to integrate supporting factors into the Earned Value Management (EVM) model such as earned schedule, quality management, and risk management. The purpose of the study is to integrate these factors to examine the weaknesses and limitations of the current EVM model. The model will be tested on a small sample project. Numerical data will be collected and analysed using the model for validating its performance.
Examining The Differences Between Process Groups And Project Life Cycle – Potential Problems For PM Practitioners
Research Aim: The proposed research analyses the differences in phases of a project life cycle and process groups. The study aims to examine how both methods are practically implemented in a project environment. The data will be collected using questionnaires sampled from project managers in the UK across various sectors. The questionnaire data will then be analysed using inferential statistics.
Analysing the Importance of Project Management in Law Firms
Research Aim: The study will explore the concepts of legal project management, its definition, application, and advantages. The research will examine various law firms in the UK that have implemented legal project management to improve their performance. The data will be collected using surveys of law firms in the UK and analysed using inferential statistics.
Examining Factors for Project Success in the UK
Research Aim: The methodologies of project management is not limited to construction and national defence projects, and they extend to many other industries. The proposed study will analyse to what extent project management tools and methodologies are effective in these industries in the UK. The research will survey project managers in the UK across various industries and sectors, focusing on project risks, project management methodology, organisational support, and project management tool usage.
Analysing the Role of Project Management Practices in Private Organisations
Research Aim: The study aims to identify and analyse the project management practices that are commonly used in private organisations generally and sectors of activity. The research also examines practitioners’ characteristics when choosing between project management practices and their use in groups. The study will be conducted using a mixed-methods research methodology, using surveys and interviews to collect data.
Examining the Impact of Cost Salience and Information Asymmetry on Incentive Contract and Project Manager’s Profit
Research Aim: The study will analyse the impact of subjective assessments of cost salience and project variability using the framework of uncertainty theory and principal agency theory. The study will examine the effect of these variables on a project manager’s profit. The research will be conducted using case study methodology, explicitly focusing on cases where project managers pay contractors over a menu of deadline-based incentive contracts to undertake a project broken into two sequential tasks.
Examining the Impact of Employment Background and Social Media Usage on Project Management and Communication
Research Aim: The proposed research looks to examine the use of social media on project work. The study aims to analyse social media features, preferences, and opinions within projects. The data will be collected using a random sampling of individuals across the UK who are actively involved or participating in projects. The data collection instrument will be a questionnaire survey that gathers information on variables of social media preferences, opinions, and usage of social media for project purposes.
Examining the Agile Management Approach to Develop a Risk Management Framework in Construction Projects
Research Aim: The study will propose an agile management concept that uses a risk management framework that races alignments and discovers connections between Agile and traditional project management concepts. The purpose of the research is to deal with risk in the construction projects that are built based on the Agile management concept.
Also Read: Construction Engineering Dissertation Topics Why is engineering management critical?
Dissertation Topics on Project Management in Construction Industry
The impact of inter-organisational projects (iops) on project delivery methods.
Research Aim: The purpose of the research is to examine how actors use relational, institutional work (IOPs) to activate key stakeholders from coupled subfields to institutionalise new project delivery methods. The study will be cross-sectional and be based on the UK construction industry. The study will use mixed methods research.
Proposing a Multi-Methods Framework of Project Management Operations and Total Building Performance- Towards a Low Carbon Construction Industry
Research Aim: The research will develop a new multi-methodology framework to analyse the effects of the building development project process that includes operations management, building energy consumption, carbon emissions, and indoor environmental quality (IEQ).
Analysing Practices, Needs, & Delivery Benefits of Small to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) of Project Management in the Construction Industry
Research Aim: The research will examine the nature of SMEs in the construction industry that allows them to adopt informal practices of project management and explore its comparative costs and benefits. The research will use mixed methods research techniques to collect and analyse data.
Examining Causes and Effects of Poor Communication in the Construction Industry
Research Aim: The research will examine the identification of causes and effects that may result in poor communication in the construction industry of the UK. The research will use mixed methods research to conduct a study to compare current and past factors that may result in poor communication through the project life cycle of construction projects.
Analysing Risk Management in Procurement Options in the Construction Industry
Research Aim: The purpose of the study is to analyse the various risk management factors according to procurement options – design-bid-build, design-build, and collaborative forming contracts. The research will use mixed methods research to collect and analyse data.
The Impact of Organisational Characters on Construction Project Performance
Research Aim: The research will examine the relationship between project performance and organizational characteristics in construction companies. The study will use key performance indicators (KPIs) to collect data on project performance. The study will also document organisational aspects using social network analysis tools. The study will be conducted using quantitative research techniques.
Also Read: Construction Engineering Dissertation Topics
Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research .
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
Dissertation Topics on Different Project Management Knowledge Areas
Conflict management/resolution, the role of the project manager in internal and external relationship management – a study on new project management.
Research Aim: The study will use mixed methods research to identify the roles of project managers in internal relationship management and external relationship management. The analysis will both recognise and categorise the role groups to provide evidence for understanding the change from traditional project management to new project management.
Examining the relationship between Project’s Added Value and Trust-Conflict Interaction among Project Teams – A Study on Calculative and Relational Trust
Research Aim: The research aims to investigate the impact of trust-conflict interactions on project teams and project added value. The research will use calculative and relational trust dimensions to study its influence on project added values with the dimension of project conflict, task conflict, and relationship conflict. The proposed study will be using structural equation modelling for data analysis.
Topics in Leadership
The mediating role of leadership styles in the relationship between emotional intelligence and collaboration satisfaction – perspectives from emotional intelligence.
Research Aim: The research will examine the relationship between the emotional intelligence of project leaders and satisfaction outcomes perceived by team members under the dimensions of performance contribution satisfaction, efficiency satisfaction, relationship satisfaction, and interest satisfaction. The study will analyse this relationship through the mediation factor of various leadership styles using structural equation modelling.
A Framework for Balancing Person-Centered Leadership and Team-centered Leadership in Project Managers – Examining Archer's Realist Social Theory
Research Aim: The research will use Archer’s Realist Social theory to develop a framework for comprehending the project manager interaction between person-centred leadership and team-centred leadership. The study will be conducted using mixed methods research for data collection and analysis.
Topics in Scheduling (Time)
Project scheduling for construction of renewable energy plants using critical path method – application of planning and scheduling.
Research Aim: The proposed study will analyse the construction project demands of various coordinated activities with differing durations and dependencies in a large-scale biogas plant. The study will focus on applications of planning and scheduling to analyse a biogas plant construction project using the critical path method.
Setting Effective Target Benefits using Project Benefits Management – A Research using Goal Setting Theory
Research Aim: The research will use goal-setting theory to present case studies to validate the scale of practical target benefits. To verify the scale, empirical research techniques will be used to analyse the dimensions of specificity, attainability, and comprehensiveness.
Topics in Quality Management
Improving quality using multi-project strategies – new competence-based theories.
Research Aim: The research aims to analyse the differences in traditional approaches and new competence-based approaches to improving quality. The research will use variables of variety and innovation, project scope, and property of specifications to analyse the impacts on quality. The study is conducted using empirical techniques.
Analysing the Impact of Cultural Heritage on Project Appraisal and Quality Assurance in Major Public Investments – A Case Study
Research Aim: The proposed research will examine the methods with which cultural heritage values are handled in early phase evaluations of major public investment projects in the UK. The research will use a case study document analysis to analyse how cultural heritage issues are addressed in early project phases.
Topics in HR Management
Adopting dynamic capability among human resource related quality management practices – improving product development.
Research Aim: The research study will use a theoretical framework to investigate the relationships among human resources related to quality management practices, new product development as a dynamic capability, strategic flexibility, and knowledge integration. The data collected and analysis will be conducted using structural equation modelling.
Allocation of Human Resources to Projects in Service Units – A Comparative Study
Research Aim: The research looks to identify resource allocation issues and practices in service units whose responsibility is both project and non-project activities. The research will portray mechanisms of top-down resource allocation that need to be supplemented or replaced with those that provide greater flexibility. The research techniques used will be empirical.
Also Read: HRM Dissertation Topics
Topics in Communication
The impact of national and organizational culture on communication in projects.
Research Aim: The research will use independent variables of national and organizational culture under Hofstede’s dimensions of culture to analyze the impact of these on communication in projects. The study will use quantitative techniques for data collection and analysis.
Cross-Cultural and Intercultural Competencies in Project Management of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
Research Aim: The purpose of the research is to understand the requirements of intercultural communication competencies that are needed when engaging in cross-cultural project management in the non-profit sector. The study will be conducted using mixed methods research techniques, including questionnaires and interviews.
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in an academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
As a project management student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing project management theories – i.e., to add value and interest in your research topic.
The field of project management is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering , construction , law , engineering management , healthcare , mental health , artificial intelligence , tourism , physiotherapy , sociology , management , marketing and nursing . That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
Keeping our advice in mind while developing a research topic will allow you to pick one of the best project management dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and adds to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample project management dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Project Management Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs , charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK-based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , Ph.D. Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing and Improvement .
For further assistance with your dissertation, take a look at our full dissertation writing service .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. Our writers are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time. Thus they are aware of the issues and the trends in the industry they are working in.
Need more Topics.?
Review Our Best Dissertation Topics 2022 complete list.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find dissertation topics about project management.
To discover project management dissertation topics:
- Examine emerging industry challenges.
- Investigate novel methodologies or tools.
- Analyze project success factors.
- Explore risk management strategies.
- Review real-world project cases.
- Opt for a topic aligning with your passion and career aspirations.
You May Also Like
If you have aimed to write your dissertation about leadership and direly looking for some exceptional leadership research topics, do not worry; we have got your back.
Need interesting and manageable E-commerce dissertation topics or thesis? Here are the trending E-commerce dissertation titles so you can choose the most suitable one.
Choosing a top-notch subject for academic research, such as business intelligence dissertation topics, provides the student with a wide range of cutting-edge research ideas.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
Home » Blog » Dissertation » Topics » Project Management » Project Management Dissertation Topics (28 Examples) For Research
Project Management Dissertation Topics (28 Examples) For Research
Mark Aug 17, 2021 Aug 12, 2021 Project Management No Comments
Project management refers to the processes, knowledge, methods, experience, and skills utilized to achieve the planned strategic project goals. If you are looking for dissertation topics on project management, you have visited the right site. We have gathered and listed some very interesting and workable project management dissertations topics and research topics on project management. […]
Project management refers to the processes, knowledge, methods, experience, and skills utilized to achieve the planned strategic project goals. If you are looking for dissertation topics on project management, you have visited the right site.
We have gathered and listed some very interesting and workable project management dissertations topics and research topics on project management. you can take help from our expert writers to meet your requirements and deadlines. To begin with, you can select any topic from the list of project management dissertation topics and start writing a brief proposal. It will help in choosing the best topic that you find interesting to work on.
A list Of Project Management Dissertation Topic
A review on building project management skills – a look at current and past practices.
Exploring the major findings on trends related to project complexity
Analysing the process theory for accumulating project management knowledge.
To study the impact of implementation of project management on the success of construction projects.
Comparing and contrasting the different project management techniques – Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
A literature review on the advantages of different project risk management tools.
Studying the strategies and approaches related to sustainable project management.
Identifying and investigating the political risk management strategies related to international construction projects.
Exploring the major reasons behind delays in construction projects.
A literature review on the stakeholder theory in project management.
A bibliometric analysis of the project management success.
Examining the success criteria and critical success factors in project management.
A study on exploring the increasing project management involvement in pre-execution phases of projects.
Studying the strategies to manage different types of risks related to construction projects.
How do macro-environmental factors affect the success of construction projects?
To study the project management practices related to enterprise resource planning system projects.
Impact of different leadership styles on the success of projects.
Exploring the emerging technological trends in the context of project management.
Analysing the growing role of women in project management – a future perspective.
How to identify a suitable sustainable project management approach?
Exploring the relationship between project management and entrepreneurship.
Revisiting information systems in the context of project management success in the contemporary and modern era.
Studying the development models in the IT sector from 2008 to 2018 considering its impact on project management.
Analysing the people-oriented principles and values in the context of agile project management.
A review of the evolution of the relationship between knowledge management and project management.
Evaluation of the factors behind the failure of project management practices.
How to address and manage conflicts during project management.
Studying the increasing demand for experienced and skilled project managers and project management techniques.
Topic With Mini-Proposal (Paid Service)
Along with a topic, you will also get;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
Message Us On WhatsApp
Brought to you by:
The Leap from Project Manager to CEO Is Hard - But Not Impossible
By: Antonio Nieto Rodriguez
Develop nine skills to increase your chances.
- Length: 2001 word count
- Publication Date: Nov 8, 2023
- Discipline: General Management
- Product #: H07WED-PDF-ENG
- Educator Copy
$4.25 per student
degree granting course
$7.46 per student
non-degree granting course
Get access to this material, plus much more with a free Educator Account:
- Access to world-famous HBS cases
- Up to 60% off materials for your students
- Resources for teaching online
- Tips and reviews from other Educators
Already registered? Sign in
- Student Registration
- Non-Academic Registration
- Included Materials
Project managers who aspire to be CEOs are often surprised to learn that their skills, while highly valuable, do not directly align with those needed for positions of executive leadership. Why isn’t successful management of high-stakes projects and organizational resources sufficient to ascend to the top ranks of the business? In this article, the author explores the subtle, yet significant, differences in career trajectories of PMs and CEOs as well as nine attributes PMs should develop to increase their potential to become the next executive leader.
Nov 8, 2023
Harvard Business Review Digital Article
2001 word count
- Schools & departments
Dissertations and research projects
General advice and resources to support you throughout your research-based dissertation or project.
This is a general resource to help you with the basics of organising and writing a research-based dissertation or project. The Go further section at the end includes advice on work-based dissertations and signposts other resources.
You should consult your course or programme information, including online sources, and project supervisor or programme director for subject-specific guidance.
Dissertations and research projects are an opportunity to focus on particular question, and plan and undertake your own research to explore it further. Many students really enjoy being an independent researcher and becoming the expert on their work. The format varies depending on the disciplinary context, subject area, your research questions and the project. You may be reviewing the literature, analysing a novel, developing and testing a new method or doing a work-based project. However there are some common factors:
- They are an independent piece of work. You will be working under supervision to some extent and may be collaborating with others, but ultimately you are submitting a piece of independent thought and writing.
- They tend to have a large word count. This is to allow you to do sufficient in-depth analysis and discussion of the topic.
- They require a large investment of time, thought and energy throughout the process. As a significant body of academic work, you need to maintain effort whilst reading, researching, thinking, writing and redrafting it.
Choosing your dissertation or project
Whether you are choosing your dissertation from a selection of topics or you are proposing your own, there are a range of factors to consider. For example:
- What is the starting point for your work, i.e. previous or related research?
- How feasible is your project / proposal?
- Do you have enough time and resources to complete it?
- Will it be of an appropriate academic level?
A key questions to ask is “How interested am I in this topic?” You will be working on your dissertation or project for some time, so having a genuine interest in the topic will help to keep you motivated. If you have any questions specific to your topic or project, you should ask your supervisor, programme director or another member of staff who teaches you.
Planning your dissertation or research project
A research-based dissertation or project is a large piece of work requiring a high level of critical analysis. To achieve this you will have to allow time, not just for the researching phase, but also for the writing and editing stages. You will need to give yourself plenty of time to:
- Read around your topic and undertake background research;
- Digest and think about what you are learning and writing;
- Complete experiments, fieldwork, interviews or project placements;
- Analyse data, findings or results, and interpret them;
- Think about and decide on your conclusions.
Taking a project management approach to your dissertation or research project might be a more effective way to successfully complete it. The Time management page has tips and tools for organising your time.
Time management webpage and tools
The dissertation and project planner can be used to think about the different stages and help give you an overall view of the process. There are some general points and questions to act as prompts, spaces you can add your own notes in and some useful tips and resources.
Dissertation and project planner (pdf) Dissertation and project planner (rtf)
Writing your dissertation
You should not underestimate the time that should be allocated to writing your dissertation. Writing will involve planning, background research, drafting, redrafting, and proof-reading and editing.
First draft : Your first draft is about getting words on the page. For example, it may sketch out your first thoughts, arguments and potential structure. You can review these and use them to check: are you focussed on the right topics and questions? Is your structure and line of thought sensible? This is also a good time to set up your format requirements (e.g. page layouts, references).
Redrafts : Redrafting is where you expand and refine your ideas and argument. You may also find that as you are writing the direction of your argument changes; for example this could be due to your literature research producing new avenues of thought or your experiments turning up unexpected results. This is a good time to review the focus of your initial question, and whether your arguments or conclusions are still sensible.
Final draft(s) : Your final draft(s) is where you cast a critical eye over your work and assess how effective it is in communicating your argument and conclusions - does it answer the question? You should also check that your presentation, spelling and grammar are appropriate and polished, all your references are included, and your are following the appropriate format guidance.
It is a good idea to take a break between writing and reviewing your work. Try to leave at least a day between writing before you pick it up again, the longer the better. This allows you to look at your work with an analytical eye, looking for ways to improve. Imagine you are reading your work as someone who is not so familiar with the topic: would a reader be able to follow and understand your argument? Do your ideas link? Have you signposted on from one section to the next? Remember also to look back at your question/title, does your dissertation address it? Does it follow a logical structure?
To check the flow of your argument or line of reasoning you can test pieces of your text using set criteria. To help revise and restructure your text you can make a reverse outline. Both of these techniques are available on our Editing and proofreading page.
Editing and proofreading
Producing a professional document
Information Services provide information and guidance about how to produce a thesis or dissertation using Microsoft Word.
Producing a thesis or dissertation using Microsoft Word (EASE log in required)
Thesis Hub: Producing your thesis or dissertation in Word
Choosing a reference manager
A referencing management tool can help you to collect and organise and your source material to produce a bibliography or reference list.
Referencing and reference management
As part of your research you will produce and use research data in a variety of forms from quantitative and/or qualitative research. This may be data you generate yourself or obtained from other researchers, data repositories or public records. You need to make choices about what you use, handle your data correctly and document all of this process.
The University’s Research Data Service helps staff and students be effective with their research data before, during and after their project. They have created an introductory handbook on Data Mindfulness for taught students writing a dissertation. This handbook is accompanied by a set of short videos. Together these cover topics including what data is, how to store it, file organisation and dealing with your data after your hand-in. There is advice in the handbook on working with sensitive data and issues such as privacy, confidentiality and disclosure.
Data Mindfulness handbook
Data Mindfulness videos
Many courses and programmes, particularly at Postgraduate level, offer the opportunity to carry out a work-based dissertation. These opportunities vary between Schools and Programmes but will typically involve students tackling a research question identified by an organisation such as a business, a public sector organisation or a charity. A work based dissertation project can be invaluable for your employability and for career development.
If you are interested in carrying out a work-based dissertation you may need to start planning earlier than you would for a more traditional academic dissertation. If your Programme offers this opportunity, you will be given this information at the start of Semester 1. If you would like to source and set up a dissertation project with an external organisation yourself, you will need to speak with your Programme Director or Course Organiser first.
You can draw on resources developed by the Making the Most of Masters project.
Making the Most of Masters
Work-based projects – advice for students
There are a variety of study guides available on dissertation and project writing. Books aimed at postgraduate students can also be useful for undergraduates. Our IAD Resource List has a selection available in University libraries.
Study Skills Guides
- Northeastern University
- College of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Theses and Dissertations
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Master's Theses
- Engineering Management Master's Theses
Engineering Management Master's Theses Collection
Chemo prevention treatment for women with high risk to develop breast cancer
Design for internet of things
An environmental input-output analysis of Boston's climate action plan
Examining agile management methods and non-agile management methods in global software development projects
Multi-resolution approach to identification of recurring patterns in process signal
Proposing a measure to evaluate the impact of the sharing economy: a critical analysis of short-term residential rentals.
150+ Best Project Management Research Topics and Ideas
Table of Contents
Project management is the process of planning, managing, executing, and completing a certain task, event, project, or specific objectives by using a set of methodologies, skills, knowledge, and experience. Currently, would you have to submit a project management thesis? Are you looking for outstanding project management research topics and ideas? If yes, then this blog post is for you. Keep on reading and get excellent ideas for your project management research. Also, from here, learn how to write a project management research paper or thesis.
What is a Project Management Research Paper?
An academic paper on project management-related subjects is called a project management research paper. To achieve a particular objective, project management essentially entails initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and concluding processes. You will have a better chance of achieving a goal within a given amount of time if you combine all of these procedures.
How to Write a Project Management Research Paper?
Do you know how to write a top-notch project management research paper? In case, you have no idea, then take a look at the steps below. Executing all these steps sequentially will help you to come up with an outstanding project management research paper.
- Firstly read and understand your research paper topics , writing guidelines, and other requirements such as deadline, format, word count, etc.
- Secondly, matching your requisites, search and find an ideal project management research topic.
- Thirdly, conduct preliminary research on your topic and gather your discussion points by checking credible sources such as books, journals, or websites that are relevant to your topic.
- Fourthly, generate a thesis statement that is strong enough to establish the purpose and position of your research paper.
- Fifthly, with the gathered ideas, develop an outline for your research paper.
- Next, elaborate on the outline and compose a detailed project management research paper with proper citations as per the given guidelines. The paper should prove the thesis statement with valid evidence or examples.
- Finally, after you complete writing the research paper, make sure to proofread and edit. The academic paper that is ready for submission should be flawless and plagiarism-free.
Project Management Research Topic Selection Tips
When selecting a topic for your project management research paper, keep the following tips in mind.
- Always pick a subject that you are knowledgeable about.
- Select a subject that interests both you and your audience.
- Choose an open-ended subject for your research.
- Pick a subject that has a lot of information and a lot of reliable sources.
- Select a subject that is neither too specific nor too broad.
- If the topic is too broad, break it down into specific subtopics.
- Choose the unique and less frequently discussed topic first.
- Only confirm the topic if it complies with your supervisor’s or university’s guidelines.
Best Project Management Research Topics and Ideas
Find here, a list of interesting topics and ideas for writing your project research paper.
Simple Project Management Research Ideas
- Discuss the role of technology and funding in implementing projects.
- How do global companies manage projects across various regions?
- Discuss the challenges related to transit projects.
- Explain how to implement capital improvement projects.
- How to develop achievable goals or aspirations in a project.
- Evaluate the various trends in project management in the digital age.
- Discuss the effects of working from home on project management.
- Explain the role of leadership in project management.
- Why time management is necessary for the completion of a project?
- Why is it necessary to segment tasks in a multi-sectorial project?
Unique Project Administration Research Topics
- Compare and contrast the Agile methodology of project management and the Scrum Methodology of project management
- Describe the benefits and limitations of Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) Lean methodology of project management
- Describe the key Tools for Waterfall Project Management and Agile Project Management
- Evaluate the most common factors responsible for the failure of project management practices
- Compare and contrast the current and past practices of building project management skills
- Discuss the risks and risk management strategies to consider for international construction project
- Develop a bibliometric analysis of project management success
- Analyze the growing participation and role of women in international project management with the latest examples
- Critical analysis of the macro- and micro-environmental factors that affect large construction projects
- Analyze the impact of development models in the IT sector (from 2018 to 2018) on project management
Intriguing Research Topics on Project Management
- Compare and contrast Agile project management methodology and Waterfall project management methodology
- Briefly describe the stages of the Project Life Cycle
- Discuss the impact of the senior leadership of a company on the successful implementation of a project
- Describe the importance of risk analysis and stakeholders management in the successful execution of a project
- Explain the impact of the organization to project management implementation.
- Evaluate project procurement management.
- Write about the project management trends that lead to its success.
- How to do project investment analysis.
- Evaluate the procedures used in managing innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Discuss the importance of project stakeholder management.
Interesting Project Management Research Paper Topics
- How to do project integration and procurement.
- Explain the impact of agile project management on IT productivity.
- Evaluate project scheduling and control.
- Explain the impact of project length on management control and quality.
- Evaluate the implementation of a project management API using blockchain and python
- Evaluate the risk management assessment in a procurement project
- Importance of selecting an appropriate style for planning and scheduling in project management
- Compare and contrast Sky City 1000 project and the New York Subway System project
- Why did the Sony Betamax project fail?
- Describe the major reasons behind a construction project’s failure
Software Project Management Dissertation Topics
- Explain the significance of the managerial process in project management.
- Compare Agile and Scrum approaches to project management.
- Evaluate the major trends related to project complexity.
- Discuss the latest IT technologies that are used in project management.
- Trace the evolution of project management over time.
- Write about the cost-benefit analysis in project management.
- What is the impact of project management on the good utilization of resources?
- Analyze the major causes of project delays.
- Write about the most popular software used in project management.
- Explain the importance of using budgeting tools when running tech projects.
- Analyze the challenges faced by new software developers in the job market.
- Write about software project management and project escalation issues.
- Have a close look at the most critical predictions in software development.
- Discuss the challenges of accurate software project status reporting.
- Evaluate the life cycle management theory.
Research Topics on Software Project Maintenance
- Different types of software maintenance.
- How to detect faults in software using biological techniques
- How to improve model-based mutation technique to identify test cases error in product line testing.
- Write about various activities involved in Software Maintenance.
- Enhance MOOD metrics for software maintainability and reliability.
- How to estimate effort using Function point analysis in the Cocomo model.
- Write about software evolution laws.
- Research and Write about the Iterative model of Software development.
- Explain Reverse Engineering.
- Discuss the issues involved in software maintenance.
Research Ideas on Business Product Management
- Explain the role of production management in a large-scale business.
- Discuss Inventory policies and planning involved in business product management.
- FMCG brand and product management.
- Research and Write about Nokia’s product and innovation management.
- How to avoid the product management mistakes that pop up in business.
- Discuss the challenges involved in a business product management
- Explain the product management strategies of Nespresso.
- Write about product management analysis.
- Discuss Target Marketing Product Management and Issues in Marketing
- Write about Google Innovation and New Product Management
- Financial Product Management Project.
- Write about the Best Business Product Management Model.
- Explain Product Development and Product Life Cycle Management.
- Automotive Industry and Product Change Management.
- Explain Product Life Cycle Management in the Textile Business.
Construction Project Operations Essay Topics
- Discuss the role of BIM in Construction Management.
- Explain the importance of construction management.
- Write about the Project Management Issues in Construction Sites Environment.
- Explain the importance of Quality Management in the Construction Industry
- Write about the standard Project and Construction Management Guidelines
- How to improve the Construction Operations Process.
- Write about the House Construction Project Management.
- Construction Project Management Tools
- Write about Construction Operations and Economics.
- How to improve facility management in the construction industry.
Research Ideas on Agile Project Administration
- Compare lean and Agile Logistics strategies.
- How Agile and Scrum Can Be Used to Help a Start-Up
- Analyze the disadvantages of Agile Methods in Software development projects.
- Explain the benefits and challenges of Agile Methodology.
- Research and Write about Agile Development for Non-software Industries
- Agile Project Management Processes Analysis
- Compare Traditional Project Management and Agile Project Management Approaches.
- Agile Game Development With Scrum
- Write about Agile Supply Chain Management in the Fashion Industry.
- Explain the relationships between Agile Development and Project Management.
Business Project Management Ideas for Research
- Explain the effect of integrating debugging and software development.
- Discuss the significance of software testing in quality assurance in the online store.
- What are the critical components of software projects?
- Evaluate the visualization of database schemes.
- Discuss the ethics of Android employee tracking.
- Explain how e-commerce is transforming project management in businesses.
- Evaluate the capital structure and profitability of a business organization.
- How do wages and salaries boost employees’ performance?
- Evaluate how insurance is necessary for any business.
- What is the effect of commercialization on public enterprises?
- Explain the role of record-keeping in the management of business ventures.
- How to develop effective customer service strategies for businesses.
- Discuss the impact of collective bargaining in companies.
- How to develop pricing structures that will keep the business afloat.
- Explain the role of business planning in a competitive environment.
See Also – Business Research Topics- Easy and Scoring for the Students
Construction Project Management Research Topics
- What is the role of social media in construction management?
- Evaluate the trade-off between project cost and schedule.
- Discuss the procedures to be undertaken before starting any construction.
- Write about the best door construction frames.
- Explain the importance of infrastructure asset management in construction.
- Discuss the impact of building information modeling.
- How is quality managed in construction projects in developing countries?
- Evaluate the risks found in construction management.
- Discuss the rules that govern construction worldwide.
- How to develop sustainable construction projects.
- Discuss the complexity of completing different projects.
- How to develop a working budget for a project.
- Discuss the authorization process of a project.
- How to point out signs of retardation in a project.
- Why do project managers write a proposal before embarking on the actual work?
Informative Project Governance Research Topics
- Discuss the importance of soft skills in project management.
- Write about the most popular leadership style used by project managers.
- Discuss the effects of cultural diversity on project performance.
- Analyze the relationship between green building and project management.
- Write about common project management risks and attitudes.
- Discuss how emotional intelligence leads to the success of a project.
- Explain how to build an effective project scheduling system for large projects.
- How to develop better project control and management tools.
- What are the effective resource management techniques for technical projects?
- Explain the role of teamwork and collaboration in project completion.
Top Project Management Research Topics
- Share the differences at the micro and macro levels of a project.
- How to manage a project during the economic recession
- Why should every project have a project tracking instrument?
- Discuss the roles of various officers involved in the running of a project.
- How to develop objectives and scope of work for different projects.
- Why motivation is necessary for the completion of any project?
- Compare and contrast the procedural and mechanical parts of a project.
- How do organizational characters affect the development of a project?
- Evaluate how COVID-19 restrictions impacted project management policies.
- Explain how cultural diversity affects project performance in the US.
Outstanding Project Administration Ideas for Research Paper
- Evaluate the various project documentation processes.
- Why do delays and disruptions increase the cost of projects?
- Explain how to develop credit risk modeling techniques for projects.
- Discuss the effects of sanctions on global projects.
- How to manage international businesses using social media.
- Write about the performance indicators that are necessary for competitive project management.
- Why personal productivity is necessary for any project management strategy?
- What is the role of incubation hubs in project development?
- Specify the reasons why health and behavioral science are important in project management.
- How does English as a language necessitate project management?
- Write about the legal issues in project management.
- Discuss Cross-functional management in projects.
- Explain the best practices in digital project management.
- Why mission statements are necessary for project management?
- Discuss the political interference in development projects.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, the list of project management research topic ideas suggested in this blog post will help you to come up with a brilliant research paper. If you want any customized topic or need expert help to write a project management research paper, then contact us immediately. In our team, we have skilled academic writers to offer project management assignment help online.
To make use of our assignment help services online , simply fill in your research paper requirements in the order form and hit the submit button. As per your needs, our experts will prepare and deliver your academic paper at a fair price without any delay.
Don’t hesitate! Just place your order and get extraordinary solutions from our specialists for all the project management assignment writing issues you face. Our scholars will help you to finish all your assignments on time and score top grades.
50+ Interesting DBMS Project Ideas for Students
50+ Web Development Project Ideas to Update Your Skills
Learn How to Write an Outstanding 900-Word Essay
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Get to Know How to Write a Reflective Essay
What are the different types of essay format, apa vs. mla: know the major differences between the citation styles, top 155 bioethics topics to consider for writing a research paper, 145 best java project ideas for beginners and experts, how to improve technical skills, a simple guide on case study writing, 10 major importance of time management, 25+ impressive ceremonial speech topics and ideas, thesis vs. dissertation: what are the similarities and differences, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
- FREE PROJECT TOPICS
- NCE PROJECT TOPICS
- OND PROJECT TOPICS
- HND PROJECT TOPICS
- BSC PROJECT TOPICS
- PGDE PROJECT TOPICS
- MBA PROJECT TOPICS
- MSC PROJECT TOPICS
- HIRE A WRITER FOR NCE
- HIRE A WRITER FOR OND
- HIRE A WRITER FOR HND
- HIRE A WRITER FOR BSC
- HIRE A WRITER FOR PGD
- HIRE A WRITER FOR MSC
- HIRE A WRITER FOR MBA
List of Project Management Project Topics and Materials PDF Download
List of Project Management Project Topics and Research Thesis Materials PDF and DOC File Download for Final Year Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students in the University and Polytechnic.
Approved Read-Made Project Management Research Topics with Seminar Works for the Degree of National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), (BSC) Bachelor of Sciences, (MSC) Master of Science, and Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy).
Thesis and Dissertation Topics, Proposal Topics, Journals, Presentations, Seminar Topics, Research Papers, and Project Reports can also be gotten from this page.
All Project Materials for the Project Management Department Listed on this Research Page have their Complete work from Chapters 1 to 5 which are: Title Page and the Case Study, Table Of Contents, Abstract, the Background of the Study, Statement of the Problem, Research Questions, Objectives of the Study, Research Hypothesis, Signification of the Study, the Scope of the Study, the Definition Of Terms, Organization of the Study, Literature Review (Theoretical Framework or Conceptual Framework), Research Methodology, Sources of Data Collection, the Population of the Study, Sampling and Sampling Distribution, Validation of Research Instrument, Method of Data Analysis, Data Analysis, Introduction, Summary, Conclusion, Recommendation, References/Bibliography/Citations and Questionnaire (Appendix).
The Topics below are for Nigerian Students, Ghanaian Students, and International Students. Countries like (Kenya, Liberia, Cameroon, United States, Uk, Canada, Germany, South Africa, Zambia, India e.t.c).
Do You Need Help? Call us or Whatsapp us @ (+234) 08060082010, 08107932631, 09075193621 or Via Email: [email protected]
Showing all 3 results
Analysis Cost-Estimating Methods
sold by Damian Chibueze
Seminar: The evolution of communication in project management in the nigerian tech sector during a global pandemic
Assessment of project management tools in construction project delivery case study of kaduna metropolis in kaduna state.
- SUGGESTED TOPICS
- The Magazine
- Managing Yourself
- Managing Teams
- Work-life Balance
- The Big Idea
- Data & Visuals
- Reading Lists
- Case Selections
- HBR Learning
- Topic Feeds
- Account Settings
- Email Preferences
Why Big Projects Fail — and How to Give Yours a Better Chance of Success
- Ram B. Misra
Five pitfalls to avoid.
There are five reasons that large projects fail. Wrong projects are ones that defy conventional business rationale, creating outputs that either few people want, that add little to no real value, or that undershoot the desired benefits because they are so difficult to achieve. A second reason is unreasonable constraints — when the effort doesn’t have adequate funding, people, time, or other key inputs. Lack of effective leadership is another project killer, as is undue complexity, where projects span multiple teams, business units, geographies, and organizations and face volatility, uncertainty, and ambiguity. A final obstacle to project success is too much or too little management. To avoid these pitfalls, smart companies should hire senior executives who are project management experts, commit to clear processes and strong governance, and empower project managers.
Projects are important vehicles for innovation and change, and they are everywhere within contemporary organizations. While the amount of project-based work differs across industries and functions, it’s on the rise — and intensifying — across the board due to competitive, regulatory, environmental, and social dynamics. Research shows that, in developed nations, such as Germany, Iceland and Norway , projects account for about 30% of economic activity. Examples include new product development, enhanced technology to manage customers or communities, planning events, or improving infrastructure. Yet, projects are notoriously finicky, and success rates fall precipitously as they become larger, longer, and more complex.
- Te Wu is CEO and CPO of PMO Advisory, an associate professor at Montclair State University, and the co-chair of Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Development Team on the portfolio management standard. He also has these project management certifications: PMP, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-RMP.
- Ram B. Misra is a professor in the Department of Information Management and Business Analytics at Montclair State University. Previously, he was an executive director at Telcordia Technologies.
PhD thesis writing help
- Creating a thesis abstract
- Using quotes in a thesis
- Problem statement
- Engineering writing
- A proposal on budget
- Choosing a writer
- Creating an introduction
- Methodology samples
- HR management
- Choosing a writing company
- Where to order a thesis
- Thesis presentation defense
- Thesis questionnaire sample
- Easy tips on thesis writing
- Write my dissertation
- Hiring a reliable writer
- Public health
- Early years education
- Corporate finance
- Graphic design
- Education in India
Collection of 13 PhD thesis topics in project management
The major problem for any student is the approval of the thesis topic. If you are finding the topic and on the last minute, your professor reject then what you are supposed to do? Of course, this is kind of a big headache for the student because now they have to find some other topic. If you are the one who is doing a job, college and other things simultaneously then here we are providing you different topics for the Ph.D. thesis in the project management.
Following are some of the topics let’s have a look.
- Team management and the advantage to the company.
- Qualities of the great team leader.
- Possibilities to handle the critical project when you are inexperienced.
- How to lead the project when you are in the emergency situation?
- New interns in the project vs. experienced seniors.
- How important it is to train the fresh graduates who are not able to compete.
- Make your boss happy by handling the team and project by following ways.
- The Proper way to discuss the project with the team according to their caliber.
- New applications and training sessions for the staff.
- Why is it important to research on every new project from the same company?
- Advantages of being a project management leader.
- How to deal with the new interns.
- Why confidence is important when you are handling a project for the first time.
These are some of the topics, but these topics are just for the people who want to have something simpler. If you want to deal with something which is difficult, and you have to do a lot of research on the topic then search those topics in your textbooks. You can choose some topics from the internet sources, and these sources will help you in creating the powerful topics.
Many people create the topics on their own, and they don’t care about the other sources. If you are reading books and you want to have something unique then make sure that you are choosing something from the book, but that topic should not be common, or your research should be different than the others. Some things should be researched properly and make sure that your result is accurate for the whole paper.
- Undergraduate dissertation tricks
- MBA topics on IT
- Thesis topic about water
- Good dissertation writing agency
- Architecture PhD project guides
- PhD thesis writing mistakes
- Picking a PHD thesis topic on HR
- Who wants to do my thesis?
- Hire a writer
- Criminology dissertation topics
- Getting examples of dissertations
- Thesis topics in Geography
- Molecular physics PhD thesis writing
- PhD thesis in project management
- Custom dissertation writing help
- Selecting a dissertation service
- History PhD thesis paper
- Preparing handouts for defense
- How to hire a dissertation writer
- Crafting a psychology PhD thesis
- Professional writing help online
Created for postgraduate students in order to help with difficult aspects of PhD writing. Need help with dissertation? Visit our writing help blog and hire a dissertation writer.
© SnCollegeVarkalaAlumni.com. All rights reserved.
- St. Mary's University Institutional Repository
- Thesis and Dissertation
- Masters Program
Project Management :  Collection home page
- 2 AHMED, MOHAMMED
- 2 Ali, Ahmed
- 2 AMANA, KIFLE
- 2 Bekele, Samson
- 2 BEKELE, TSEGAYE
- 2 BELAY, FREWEYNI
- 2 DARGIE, ABRAHAM
- 2 DESTA, SENTAYEHU
- 2 ESHETU, WONDWOSEN
- 2 ESTIFANOS, TAMIRAT
- 3 Enterprise Resource Planning
- 2 client appraisal, Addis credit an...
- 2 Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
- 2 Credit management, Credit Analysi...
- 2 Credit risk, credit risk control,...
- 2 Critical Success Factors, Success...
- 2 E-payment, Productive Safety net ...
- 2 enrollment, dietary intake, children
- 2 ERP in ethio-telecom
- 2 House Construction, Project Quality