Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
CHAPTER-3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Journal ijmr.net.in(UGC Approved)
Cement being an important medium for construction, its demand is highly correlated with the overall performance of a country and the state of literacy rate. So, a study on cement industry is quite inevitable. Studies on working capital management acquire great significance in the context of growth in the developing economies. When working capital is invested appropriately, it leads to better financial performance. Therefore, the study of working capital management is considered an important job of an industry. Evidently, the present study on working capital management of the select cement industry would be of much interest, as it will bring out how effectively the working capital is employed. It also helps to identify those variables that are responsible for better management of working capital of the cement industry. The study has aimed at measures the Liquidity analysis of the selected cement companies in India. The study has used stratified sampling techniques and two companies were selected. The data were collected from the respective companies annul financial statement during from 2005-06 to 2014-15. Several tools were developed to diagnose the financial strength of the company based on the Financial Statements. The selected cement companies face the problems such as inadequate short-term liquidity, improper utilization of working capital, inefficiency of cash management, delay in payables, and poor profitability. The researcher has suggested suitable measures to improve the efficiency of the working capital management of the select cement companies.
Indus Foundation International Journals UGC Approved
International Research Journal Commerce arts science
This research work is on “The effect of Working Capital ratio on the Profitability” The main purpose of this research work is to test the impact of working capital management on profitability. For this purpose, in this paper we use variable of Gross profit ratio to measure the profitability of company and variables of account receivable turnover, creditors turnover, inventory turnover and current ratio as working capital management criteria. The sample of study includes some Indian cement companies. The results of the research show that there is a significant impact of the working capital management on profitability of company. Therefore, managers may enhance the profitability of their firms by minimizing the inventory turnover, account receivables ratio and by decreasing creditors turnover ratios but there is no significant effect of increasing or decreasing the current ratio on profitability.
IOSR Journals publish within 3 days
The present study is envisaged to observe the financial performance of the Indian steel industry during the post recession period. It examines the financial performance of the industry in terms of different ratios selected from different aspects. 16 companies constitute the sample of the study for a period of 6 years since 2010-11 to 2015-16. Further it also investigates the relation between profitability and other financial metrics like liquidity, solvency and activity ratios. Factor analysis and multiple regression analysis are applied in the present study to facilitate the data analysis. Factor analysis is used in the study to explore the structure in the relationship of the financial variables under the study. Multiple regression analysis is used to examine the impact of liquidity factor on the profitability and it also helps to explore the linear relationship between liquidity and profitability. It has been found that liquidity has an immense positive impact on the profitability implying that when the companies are maintaining moderate amount of liquidity it helps to accelerate the profitability. Too much investment of liquid assets in the business may not give the high return due to volatility in world steel market during the post recession period.
International Journal of Latest Technology in Engineering, Management & Applied Science -IJLTEMAS (www.ijltemas.in)
The effective management of the Inventory is crucial to the performance of many organizations. Inventory is one of the key determinants of the productivity of cement Industry. The purpose of the study is to examine the Inventory Management of the selected Cement plants located a specific region of Andhra Pradesh.
The automobile industry in India occupies a vital role in the economic progress of the nation. The reputation of any industry depends on its liquid position, which helps a company in settling their dues in time. Liquidity denotes to the firm's capacity to pay their outstanding dues. The article considers liquidity position of automobile industry by employing correlation and regression test. The data required for the study is secondary in nature. The required data are collected from Capitaline database for the period ranging between 2008 and 2017. The collected data is analyzed by making use of correlation and regression. The result reveals that liquidity position of a company depends on age, inventory turnover ratio, dividend payout ratio and leverage.
Velmurugan Ramasamy , joji abey
The automobile industry has emerged as sunrise sector in the Indian economy. It embarked a new journey in 1991 with de-licensing of the sector and subsequently opening up for 100% FDI through the automatic route. The industry produced a total 25,316,044 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-March 2017 as against 24,016,599 in April-March 2016, registering a growth of 5.41 percent over the same period last year. Therefore, automobile companies have been selected for this study in order to determine their profitability during the study period. A firm's Profitability is determined by leverage, size, age, working capital, assets turnover ratio etc. Data required for the study is Secondary in nature. The secondary data have been collected from the Capitaline database from 2008-2017 for the select Motor Cycle companies. The collected data is analyzed by making use of correlation and Multiple Regression. The result reveals hat there exist relationship between age, expenses to income ratio and assets turnover ratio on profitability.
Saravanan.S, Thangaraj.B Eahambaram.C “A Study on Working Capital Management of Cement Companies with Special Reference to the Associated Cement Companies Limited and Chettinad Cement Corporation” International Global Journal for Research Analysis ,Vol.3, Issue-2, February 2014, PP.16-17. ISSN-2277-8160.
In depth analysis tells that most in case research work is observed and focused mainly on two aspects, working capital on profitability of firm and working capital management.The chief issues with previous literature are lack of survey-based approach and lack of methodical theory advance study, which gives direction and idea for future research. The proposed future research direction is given in this paper may help to develop a better understanding of determinants and practices of working capital management.
International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems (IJPEDS)
Nguyen quoc Trung
The Journal of Physiology
Jaleleddine Ben Rejeb
Eutimio Gustavo Fernández Núñez
Journal of Medicine and HealthCare
International Journal of Humanities and Social Science
Flow Cytometry - Recent Perspectives
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
RumeliDE Dil ve Edebiyat Araştırmaları Dergisi
Building Simulation Conference proceedings
Applied Soft Computing
South African Journal of Child Health
Lecture Notes in Computer Science
Indian Dermatology Online Journal
British Journal of Dermatology
International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
WIT transactions on modelling and simulation
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2024
Do a more advanced search »
Search for dissertations about: "thesis on financial statement analysis"
Showing result 1 - 5 of 7 swedish dissertations containing the words thesis on financial statement analysis .
1. Essays of Financial Performance and Capital Structure
Author : Lars Lindbergh ; Lars G. Hassel ; Michael B. Adams ; Umeå universitet ;  Keywords : SOCIAL SCIENCES ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SOCIAL SCIENCES ; Business studies ; financial accounting ; financial statements ; financial performance ; capital structure ; tax allowances ; comparative studies ; Företagsekonomi ; Business studies ; Företagsekonomi ;
Abstract : This thesis consists of an introductory chapter and four self-contained essays on financial performance and capital structure. Essay I assesses the strength of strategic inputs into profitability among firms within several sub-sectors within the industrial service sector in the U.S. and Sweden. READ MORE
2. Essays on the value relevance of financial statment information
Author : Henrik Nilsson ; Lars Hassel ; Eva Liljeblom ; Umeå universitet ;  Keywords : SOCIAL SCIENCES ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SOCIAL SCIENCES ; Business studies ; Equity valuation ; stock market ; financial accounting ; insider trading ; Företagsekonomi ; Business studies ; Företagsekonomi ; företagsekonomi ; Business Studies ;
Abstract : This thesis consists of an introductory chapter and four self-contained essays on the value relevance of financial statement information.Essay 1: The purpose of this essay is to examine relevance of environmental information from an investor’s perspective. READ MORE
3. Corporate Disclosures Regulations : Social Solution or a Problem?
Author : Asif M Huq ; Kenneth Carling ; Fredrik Hartwig ; Arend Hintze ; Moti Zwilling ; Högskolan Dalarna ;  Keywords : SOCIAL SCIENCES ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; NATURAL SCIENCES ; NATURVETENSKAP ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SOCIAL SCIENCES ; audit choice ; audit regulations ; corporate governance ; corporate sustainability ; EU-wide accounting reforms ; firm growth ; greenhouse gas emissions ; machine learning ; microdata analysis ; natural learning processing ; new institutional economics ; nonfinancial reporting ; survey ;
Abstract : Regulations are argued to have the answer to solving various social and economic problems that society faces today (e.g., climate change, tax evasion, etc.). READ MORE
4. Environmental considerations in the planning of large dam projects : a study on Environmental Impact Statements and the Southeastern Anatolia Project
Author : Anna Brismar ; Jan-Olof Lundqvist ; Linköpings universitet ;  Keywords : SOCIAL SCIENCES ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SOCIAL SCIENCES ; Atatürk Dam. EIA ; ecosystem services ; environmental impact ; Euphrates River ; GAP ; hydropower ; river system ; sustainable development ; Tigris River ; Turkey ; Dammar ; Miljöaspekter ; Tigris ; Turkiet ; INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREAS ; TVÄRVETENSKAPLIGA FORSKNINGSOMRÅDEN ;
Abstract : Large dam projects have played a key role in supporting societal development in the past and continue to be launched, primarily in developing countries. However, large dam projects also cause extensive environmental impacts in the river system, which may reduce the river system's capacity to provide goods, services, and other values apart from those generated by the project. READ MORE
5. The evolution of the Swedish auditor's report
Author : Katharina Rahnert ; Sven Siverbo ; Peter Öhman ; Bino Catasús ; Karlstads universitet ;  Keywords : SOCIAL SCIENCES ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SAMHÄLLSVETENSKAP ; SOCIAL SCIENCES ; audit reporting ; auditing history ; auditing profession ; audit expectation gap ; Business Administration ; Företagsekonomi ;
Abstract : The auditor’s report has been criticised for being uninformative at least since the late nineteenth century. Despite persistent requests for detailed information in order to facilitate users’ decision-making processes, auditors have only recently started to provide entity-specific information in their reports. READ MORE
Searchphrases right now
- Alzheimer´s disease
- Experimental thesis
- in-situ cell
- and understanding
- residential homes
- 4 -diisothiocyan...
- peer to peer based production
- feedback systems
- history of law
- natural sciences
- social technology
- taking action
- Newborn infant
- flow physics
- doctoral thesis of diabetes
Popular dissertations yesterday (2024-02-15)
- Thermocoagulation in Deep Brain Structures : Modelling, simulation and experimental study of radio-frequency lesioning
- Boundedness of some linear operators in various function spaces
- HIV/HCV co-infection in Sweden : epidemiology, HCV treatment and the importance of IL28B gene polymorphism
- Modelling and characterisation of fracture properties of advanced high strength steels
- Genetic Aspects of Sexual Selection and Mate Choice in Salmonids
- Conflicts and Contracts : Chinese Intergenerational Relations in Modern Singapore
- Buoy and Generator Interaction with Ocean Waves Studies of a Wave Energy Conversion System
- Antimicrobial peptides and proteins in host-microbe interaction and immediate defense
- Frame dynamics and stakeholders in risk governance
- Early structural and metamorphic evolution of the Scandinavian Caledonides: a study of the eclogite-bearing Seve Nappe Complex at the Arctic Circle, Sweden
- Popular complementary terms: essays, phd thesis, master thesis, papers, importance, trend, impact, advantages, disadvantages, role of, example, case study.
See yesterday's most popular searches here . Dissertations.se is the english language version of Avhandlingar.se .
Accounting The Financial Statement (F/S) analysis
• The Financial Statement (F/S) analysis should involve downloading a company’s financial statements and providing an in-depth report on the company’s economic condition through ratio analysis and answering of specific questions. You choose a company from the internet- maybe one which you always wanted to know about. Be careful to not become ‘bogged down’ in the volume of data in an annual Report/ Financial Statement. Choose carefully.
o Create an in-depth Financial Statement analysis report with the following elements (use chapter 17 as a guide for this project):
• Perform a Horizontal Analysis of the financial statements (Balance Sheet Assets/ Liabilities and Equity; Current Assets; Comparative Income statement and Retained Earnings) as illustrated in the text Chapter 17 (pages 690 – 695) – Exhibit 17.1 page 692. A minimum of 20 ratios must be calculated- show work in a separate schedule. Approximate worth 15% • Perform a Vertical Analysis of the financial statements (Balance Sheet Assets/ Liabilities and Equity; Current Assets; Comparative Income statement) Chapter 17 (pages 695-698) – summary Exhibit 17.8 page 696. A minimum of 20 ratios must be calculated- show work in a separate schedule. Approximate worth 15% • Calculate Ratios from the financial statements. Illustrated in the textbook Chapter 17 (pages 698-707) Chapter 17 exhibit 17.16 – page 707. Calculate at least 10 ratios. Approximate worth 15% • There should be a separate tab for the horizontal, vertical and ratios on ONE excel file. • Create an in-depth Financial Statement Analysis report discussing the above F/S analyses. This report must convey the results of the Horizontal Analysis, Vertical Analysis and Ratios of the financial statements. Detail the following expected future results and perceived issues of the chosen corporation. Tell me what you think it happening to the company based on your ratio analysis. You can give the company information and background. Font size 11 and paper should be double spaced. Remember that references need to be documented. Do not cut and paste the letter to the shareholders. You need to report your analysis. All papers will be evaluated on originality. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Be very cautious about using block quotes. Block quoting is not writing, it is copying. Papers that rely on block quoting will not be severely marked down. Approximate worth 45% • Grammar and presentation. Approximate worth 10%
Work output: 1. Excel spreadsheet with clear ratio analysis performed so it can be graded 2. Word document – in-depth Financial Statement analysis report
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
Get Professional Writing Services Today!
Get a free quote from our professional essay writing service and an idea of how much the paper will cost before it even begins. If the price is satisfactory, accept the bid and watch your concerns slowly fade away! Our team will make sure that staying up until 4 am becomes a thing of the past. The essay service is known for providing some of the best writing, editing, and proofreading available online. What are you waiting for? Join our global educational community today!
Check your email for notifications. Once your essay is complete, double-check it to see if it falls under your expectations and if satisfied-release the funds to your writer. Keep in mind that our essay writing service has a free revisions policy.
Write an essay from varied domains with us!
Writing my essay with the top-notch writers!
The writers you are supposed to hire for your cheap essay writer service are accomplished writers. First of all, all of them are highly skilled professionals and have higher academic degrees like Masters and PhDs. Secondly, all the writers have work experience of more than 5 years in this domain of academic writing. They are responsible for
- Omitting any sign of plagiarism
- Formatting the draft
- Delivering order before the allocated deadline
Calculate the price
Remember, the longer the due date, the lower the price. Place your order in advance for a discussion post with our paper writing services to save money!
Need an essay writer for me? Connect now!
Feeling tired to write drafts on your own or you do not have ample ideas to write with? Be it anything, our writers are here to assist you with the best essay writing service. With our service, you will save a lot of time and get recognition for the academic assignments you are given to write. This will give you ample time to relax as well. Let our experts write for you. With their years of experience in this domain and the knowledge from higher levels of education, the experts can do brilliant essay writing even with strict deadlines. They will get you remarkable remarks on the standard of the academic draft that you will write with us.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Our support team will be more than willing to assist you.
If you can’t write your essay, then the best solution is to hire an essay helper. Since you need a 100% original paper to hand in without a hitch, then a copy-pasted stuff from the internet won’t cut it. To get a top score and avoid trouble, it’s necessary to submit a fully authentic essay. Can you do it on your own? No, I don’t have time and intention to write my essay now! In such a case, step on a straight road of becoming a customer of our academic helping platform where every student can count on efficient, timely, and cheap assistance with your research papers, namely the essays.