Plagiarism Checker by Grammarly
Why use a plagiarism checker, how does grammarly’s plagiarism checker work, who benefits from grammarly’s plagiarism checker.
“ I absolutely love Grammarly when writing. I especially love revising even the most mundane of lines that hit a plagiarism result, because seeing 0% plagiarism is what I live for. ”
“ Essentially, Grammarly offers the same features as a thesaurus, a quality grammar-checking program, and a plagiarism checker. While you can purchase each of these tools separately elsewhere, Grammarly combines them, which is actually quite nice. ”
Millions of Users Trust Grammarly’s Plagiarism Checker
find out if your paper is original.
- Plagiarism check ONLY. Click here for plagiarism + grammar check .
- It's simple - just copy and paste your paper in the box below
- Your paper will be analyzed immediately in real-time
- Compares to billions of online pages
Get Started Below
Free Online Plagiarism Checker
Paste the text of your paper or essay into the editor below (or upload a file) and select the "Get Report" button to immediately check your paper for plagiarism.
PREMIUM Includes All Free Features PLUS
Sorry. This feature is available for Premium Account only!
- File upload
- Longer Documents
- Faster Processing
- "Premium-Only" Modules
Last Updated Date: July 21, 2023
1. Ownership; Your Rights to Use the Services and Content.
- Ownership . The Services and all of its content (collectively, "Content"), including all copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names and all other intellectual property rights therein ("Intellectual Property"), are owned or controlled by Student Brands, our licensors, and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content and Intellectual Property available via the Services is the property of Student Brands, our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent and/or other Intellectual Property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Student Brands owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Services.
- Display, view, use, and play the Content on a computer, mobile or other internet enabled or permitted device ("Device") and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise) as it is displayed to you;
- Subject to any applicable Additional Terms, if the Services includes a "Send to Friend," social media sharing or similar tool that allows you to initiate and send to one or more of your contacts a communication that includes Content, or to post our Content to third-party services or your own site or online service, and the tool is operational, use the tool to do so; provided, however, that you do not do so in any manner that violates applicable law or third-party rights or reflects negativity on us, and only send to recipients you have permission to contact;
- If the Services includes a "Download" link next to a piece of Content (including, without limitation, an image, an icon, a wallpaper, a music track, a video, a trailer, an RSS feed), you may only download a single copy of such Content to a single Device;
- If made available to you, obtain a registered personal account (and/or related username and password) on the Services and interact with the Services in connection therewith;
- Link to the Services from a website or other online service, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any Student Brands names, logos, or images, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with Student Brands or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray Student Brands or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third-party or are otherwise objectionable to Student Brands. Student Brands reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Services for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third-party;
- Stream the Content using any of the widgets and/or other digital streaming internet video players, if any, provided on the Services; and
- Additional Terms for Usage Subscriptions . Purchases of usage subscriptions ( e.g ., credits, points, and/or virtual currency) or any virtual items made available on the Services are nonrefundable, have no monetary value ( i.e ., are not a cash account or equivalent), and are purchases of only a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to use those items only, even if such came with a durational term ( e.g ., a monthly subscription). Any attempt to transfer, assign or otherwise sell or trade such subscription, regardless of manner or method, is null and void. Suspension or termination thereof results in the forfeit of the suspended or terminated subscription or items, except as may be noted in the applicable Additional Terms. As permitted by law, we are not responsible for repairing or reissuing any credit or refund or any other sum, as a result of our modification of any usage subscriptions or virtual item, or for loss or damage due to error, or any other reason.
- Additional Terms for Bartleby Tutor . One-time purchases of minutes to be used for real-time tutoring sessions offered through Bartleby Tutor must be used within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. Any unused minutes thereafter are nonrefundable and cannot be redeemed for any credit or other value. Minutes purchased through subscriptions to Bartleby Tutor expire upon any cancellation of the Bartleby Tutor subscription; any unused minutes at the time of such cancellation cannot be refunded or otherwise be credited back to your account.
- Rights of Others . In using the Services, you must respect the Intellectual Property and rights of others and Student Brands. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate the rights of others and applicable laws and may result in your civil and criminal liability. If you believe that your work has been infringed via the Services, see Section 5 below.
- You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or any support services to you with respect to the Services and Content.
- To the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Services and Content.
- Further, you agree that if the Services, or your access to and use of the Services, infringes on a third-party’s Intellectual Property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such Intellectual Property infringement claims.
2. Content You Submit; Interactive Community Rules.
- In your communications with Student Brands, please keep in mind that we do not seek any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or even suggested improvements to products or services, including, without limitation, ideas, concepts, inventions, or designs for music, websites, apps, books, scripts, screenplays, motion pictures, television shows, theatrical productions, software or otherwise (collectively, "Unsolicited Ideas and Materials"). Any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials you submit are deemed UGC and licensed to us as set forth below. In addition, Student Brands retains all of the rights held by members of the general public with regard to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials. Student Brands’ receipt of your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials is not an admission by Student Brands of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair Student Brands’ right to contest existing or future Intellectual Property rights relating to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials.
- Any UGC (including chat messages, links, video, photo, audio or other media content) that you submit in connection with Bartleby Tutor may be made publicly available through Student Brands’ library of searchable content. Such UGC may be accessible by anyone, including Student Brands. We encourage you to not include any personally identifiable information in any UGC you submit to Student Brands, the tutors, or any other third parties in relation to the Bartleby Tutor, and to exercise caution when making decisions about what you disclose when using our Services in general.
- You may not post on or transmit through the Services any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, rule or regulation of the laws applicable to you or applicable in the country in which the material is posted. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting or other UGC (including private messages) from you, or to deny, restrict, suspend or terminate access to all or any part of the Interactive Community at any time, for any or no reason, without prior notice or explanation and without liability.
- You may not post UGC that: (A) involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming" or "spamming"; (B) contains restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); (C) solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; (D) involves commercial activities and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising or pyramid schemes; (E) includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; (F) circumvents or modifies, or attempts to circumvent or modify, or encourages or assists any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Services; (G) involves the use of viruses, bots, worms or any other computer code, files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise may permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network; (H) covers or obscures the banner advertisements on your personal profile page; (I) involves any automated use of the Services, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages; (J) interferes with, disrupts or creates an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Interactive Community; (K) impersonates or attempts to impersonate another Interactive Community user, person or entity; (L) uses the account, username or password of another Interactive Community user at any time or discloses your password to any third party or permits any third party to access your account; (M) sells or otherwise transfers your profile; or (N) uses any information obtained from the Services or Interactive Community in order to harass, abuse or harm another person or entity, or attempts to do the same.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove your profile and/or deny, restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Interactive Community for any reason.
- If you become aware of misuse of the Interactive Community, including any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable law, please contact us. Notwithstanding the foregoing and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we assume no responsibility for ongoing monitoring of the Interactive Community or for removal or editing of any UGC, even after receiving notice. We assume no liability for any action or inaction with respect to conduct, communication or UGC within the Interactive Community. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur within the Interactive Community. The Interactive Community is not designed for use by individuals under the age of 18 years ("Minors"). No children under the age of 16 are permitted to register or create user profiles, and individuals aged between 16 and 18 must participate in the Interactive Community only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Numerous informational and commercial resources (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are available to help parents keep their children safe online. If you are interested in learning more about these resources, information is available at many sites providing information on such protections. We do not specifically sponsor or endorse any of these sites or their services.
- Interactive Community users may upload to or otherwise submit to us for distribution on the Interactive Community and the Services: (A) UGC that is not subject to any copyright or other proprietary rights restrictions; or (B) UGC that the owner or licensor of any relevant rights has given express authorization for us to distribute over the Internet. You may not upload, embed, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. Any copyrighted or other proprietary UGC distributed with the consent of a copyright owner should contain a phrase such as "Copyright, owned by [name of owner]; used by permission". We are entitled to presume that all UGC conforms to the foregoing requirements. The unauthorized submission of copyrighted or other proprietary UGC is illegal and could subject the user to personal liability for damages in a civil suit as well as criminal prosecution. Interactive Community users assume all liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright or proprietary rights, or for any other harm arising from an unauthorized submission or submission of UGC. We assume no liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright or proprietary rights, or from any other harm arising from any UGC.
3. Using the Services; Services and Content Use Restrictions.
- Creating an Account . Accounts may only be set up you (and if not you, by an authorized representative of the individual that is the subject of the account and who is of the age of majority). We do not review accounts for authenticity and are not responsible for any unauthorized accounts that may appear on the Services. For any dispute as to account creation or authenticity, we shall have the sole right, but are not obligated, to resolve such dispute as we determine appropriate, without notice. If you register with us or create an account, you are solely responsible and liable for the security and confidentiality of your access credentials and for restricting access to your Device and for all activity under your account. Usernames and passwords must be personal and unique, not violate the rights of any person or entity, and not be offensive. We may reject the use of any password, username, or email address for any reason in our sole discretion. You are solely responsible for your registration information and for updating and maintaining it. You will immediately notify us here of any unauthorized use of your account, password, or username, or any other breach of security, but will remain responsible for any unauthorized use thereafter. You will not sell, transfer, or assign your account or any account rights.
- Any deal terms presented to you at the time of subscription, rental, purchase, or other transaction you conduct on or initiate on the Services ("Transaction") shall be considered Additional Terms. You agree to pay Student Brands all charges at the prices presented to you or your agent(s). You must provide, and you authorize Student Brands to charge, your chosen payment provider (your "Payment Method") when you make a purchase or subscribe to paid Services. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method and will only provide us information about payment methods that you are authorized to use. We allow you to save and manage your information about your Payment Method, including the full credit card number, account number, and expiration dates, for future purchases or transactions on our site. You may make changes to your default Payment Method at any time. If we are unable to charge one payment card, we may charge another valid credit card that you have entered for use on our site. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information that we have on file, and you consent to Student Brands updating such stored information from time to time based on information provided by you, your bank or payment services processors. If you initiate a chargeback dispute for any payment or transaction made on our site, Student Brands reserves the right to terminate the provision of services or delivery or products to you pending resolution of the chargeback dispute with the credit card issuer.
- Some Transactions may be subject to taxes in certain states. Depending on your state and the nature of the product or Services you receive from us, this may be a rental tax, sales tax and/or use tax. Tax rates are different from state to state. You are responsible for paying all such taxes.
- Availability of Services and Content . Student Brands, in its sole discretion without advance notice or liability, may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Services and/or Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in Student Brands’ sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- Internet Connectivity Charges . Internet connectivity is required to access the Services. Any access fees or charges applicable to your internet connectivity are solely your responsibility. Certain internet service providers, including wireless carriers, may charge fees for data connections based on the total amount of data you access. We are in no way responsible for the fees charged by or policies of internet service providers or others with whom you contract for such internet connectivity.
4. Wireless Features; Messages; Location-Based Features.
- Wireless Features . The Services may offer certain features and services via your wireless Device. Features and services may include the ability to access the Services’ features, upload content to the Services, receive messages from the Services, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, "Wireless Features"). You agree to receive communications we may send through Wireless Features for which you are registered. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Services for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify Student Brands of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number) and update your accounts on the Services to reflect the changes. If the Services includes push notifications or other mobile communication capability, you hereby approve of our delivery of electronic communications directly to your mobile Device. These notifications, including badge, alert or pop-up messages, may be delivered to your Device even when the Services is running in the background. You may have the ability, and it is your responsibility, to adjust the notifications you do, or do not, receive via your Device through your Device and/or app settings. Standard message, data and other fees may be charged by your carrier, and carriers may deduct charges from pre-paid amounts or data allowances, for which you are responsible. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
- You may be given opportunities to subscribe to various text marketing or other text messaging programs and by doing so, you consent to receive ongoing text alerts (including by auto-dialers) from us related to our various businesses and affiliates, which may include co-promotions with or about other parties, except that if the scope of your consent for a particular subscription is limited, that subscription will be so limited. Such consent is not required to purchase any product or Services aside from the text subscription itself. Subsequent or different subscriptions will be unaffected by an opt-out. You consent to receive a text confirming any opt-out as well as non-marketing administrative or transactional messages.
- Email Messages . You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions, and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of emails, the opt-out will be so limited. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
5. Notice and Take Down Procedure for Claims of Infringement.
- DMCA Notification . If you are a copyright owner who would like to send us a notice pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") to identify content or material posted on the Services that is infringing and that you would like removed from our Services, or if you are a user whose work has been removed in response to such a notice of infringement and would like to file a DMCA counter-notice, you may submit such notice to us by following the instructions in this Section 5.
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the website where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published).
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Services where the material you claim is infringing is located, providing enough information to allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The email address above is only for reporting copyright infringement and may not be used for any other purpose.
- If you believe an individual is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact our DMCA agent and provide information sufficient for us to verify the individual is a repeat infringer.
- It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Student Brands may elect to not respond to DMCA notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Bartleby may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
- a legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Counter-Notification";
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the full URL of the page(s) on the Services from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your full name, address, telephone number, email address, and the username of your account with us (if any);
- a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
- your electronic or physical signature.
- Receipt of DMCA Counter-Notification . If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the address above that the party who sent us the DMCA copyright infringement notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Services. Upon our receipt of a Counter-Notification that satisfies the requirements of DMCA, we will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA's procedures regarding counter notification. All Counter-Notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act. In all events, you expressly agree that neither Student Brands nor any of its affiliates or their employees, officers, directors, or agents will be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement. Please note you may be held liable for money damages if you materially misrepresent an activity is infringing your copyrights.
6. Product Specifications; Pricing; Typographical Errors.
We strive to accurately describe our products or services offered on the Services; however, we do not warrant that such specifications, pricing, or other content on the Services is complete, accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. As permitted by applicable law, Student Brands shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. Your orders are offers to purchase subject to our acceptance, which we may reject or cancel subject to refund. If we charged your credit or other account prior to rejection or cancellation, we will reissue credit to your account. Additional Terms may apply. If a product you purchased or accepted from Student Brands is not as described, as permitted by applicable law, your sole remedy is to return it, to cancel the purchase and receive a credit for the purchase price.
7. Termination or Suspension.
- Termination by Us . We may, upon notice to you, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate your account or your access to all or any part of the Services for any reason in our sole discretion. In certain cases, in our sole discretion, we may provide you with a written notice (a "Restriction Notice") to inform you: (i) your right to use or access any part of the Services has been terminated, including the right to use, access or create any account thereon; (ii) we refuse to provide any Services to you; and (iii) any subsequent orders placed by you will be subject to cancellation. Other conditions may apply and shall be set forth in the Restriction Notice.
8. Disclaimers; Exclusions and Limitations of Liability.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STUDENT BRANDS AND ITS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGE RS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, VENDORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, CONTRACTORS, CUSTOMERS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, "STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES") PROVIDE THE SERVICE, CONTENT, STUDENT BRANDS LICENSED ELEMENTS, OR OTHER STUDENT BRANDS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES (AS APPLICABLE) DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE SERVICES, CONTENT, LICENSED ELEMENTS, UGC OR OTHER STUDENT BRANDS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL: (I) BE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; (II) BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS; OR (III) OTHERWIS E MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, SECURITY, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ARISING BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE OR BY COURSE OF DEALING. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THIS SECTION DOES NOT EXPAND OR LIMIT: (X) ANY EXPRESS, WRITTEN PRODUCT WARRANTY OR RELATED DISCLAIMERS THAT ARE PROVIDED BY BARTLEBY PARTIES OR THEIR SUPPLIERS WITH REGARD TO A PHYSICAL PRODUCT SOLD BY BARTLEBY PARTIES TO YOU, OR ANY WARRANTY ON A PHYSICAL PRODUCT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW; (Y) STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES’ LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY TO YOU CAUSED BY STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES TO THE EXTENT NOT WAIVABLE OR CANNOT BE LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW; OR (Z) ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES THAT IS NOT WAIVABLE OR CANNOT BE LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES . TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION OR GOODWILL OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SERVICES, CONTENT, LICENSED ELEMENTS, UGC OR OTHER STUDENT BRANDS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT DEFECT OR MISREPRESENTATION), EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
- your use of or inability to use the Services, or the performance of the Services;
- any action taken in connection with an investigation by Student Brands Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Services;
- any action taken in connection with copyright or other Intellectual Property owners or other rights owners;
- any errors or omissions in the Services’ technical operation or security or any compromise or loss of your UGC or other data or information; or
- any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction. The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if the Student Brands Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Services).
The liability limitations in this Section 8 are not intended to limit any express warranties from applicable product manufacturers of physical products sold via the Services, or any express warranties by Student Brands that are included in applicable Additional Terms.
- APPLICABLE JURISDICTIONAL LIMITS . CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, SUCH AS NEW JERSEY, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. AS SUCH, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- ESSENTIAL PURPOSE .UNLESS LIMITED OR MODIFIED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS APPLY, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
9. Arbitration and Dispute Terms.
- Pre-Arbitration Notification . Student Brands and you agree that it would be advantageous to discuss and hopefully resolve any Disputes before formal proceedings are initiated; provided, however, that Student Brands need not do so in circumstances where its claims of Intellectual Property rights are concerned ("IP Disputes," with all other disputes referred to as "General Disputes"). The party making a claim – whether you or Student Brands – shall send a letter to the other side briefly summarizing the claim and the request for relief. If Student Brands is making a claim, the letter shall be sent, via email, to the email address listed in your Student Brands account, as applicable. If no such information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no notification or delay obligations under this Section 9(b). If you are making a claim, the letter shall be sent to: Learneo, Inc. Student Brands, LLC, Attn: Monique Ho, General Counsel, 2000 Seaport Blvd, Floor 3, Redwood City, CA 94063 US. If the Dispute is not resolved within sixty (60) days after notification, the claimant may proceed to initiate proceedings as set forth in this Section 9. Either you or Student Brands, however, may seek provisional remedies (such as preliminary injunctive relief) subject to Section 9(d) before the expiration of this sixty (60)-day period.
- Limitation on Injunctive Relief . AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE INCURRED ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THEN THE LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND INJURIES WILL NOT BE DEEMED IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR TO OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND. THIS MEANS (WITHOUT LIMITATION) THAT, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CLAIM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN, ANY COURT OR OTH ER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SERVICES, CONTENT, UGC, PRODUCT, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED, OR CONTROLLED BY ANY STUDENT BRANDS PARTY (INCLUDING YOUR LICENSED UGC) OR A LICENSOR OF ANY BARTLE BY PARTY.
- Class Action Waiver . As permitted by applicable law, both you and Student Brands waive the right to bring any Dispute as a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any Dispute brought by anyone else. Notwithstanding any provision in the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures to the contrary, the arbitrator shall not have the authority or any jurisdiction to hear the arbitration as a class, consolidated, representative, or private attorney general action or to consolidate, join, or otherwise combine the Disputes of different persons into one proceeding. Notwithstanding the arbitration provision set forth above, if the provision regarding waiver of class, collective, representative, and private attorney general claims of this Section 9 is found to be void or otherwise unenforceable, any such class, collective, representative, or private attorney general claims must be heard and determined through an appropriate court proceeding, and not in arbitration.
- Jury Waiver . AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING UNDER, IN CONNECTION WITH, TOUCHING UPON OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THE BREACH THEREOF AND/OR THE SCOPE OF THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION, WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Small Claims Matters . Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claim of General Dispute (but not IP Disputes) in small claims court, subject to Section 9(f).
10. General Provisions.
- Operation of Services; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues . Student Brands controls and operates the Services from the U.S., and makes no representation that the Services is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S. If you use the Services from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and responsible for compliance with applicable laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent laws apply.
- Export Controls. You are responsible for complying with all applicable trade regulations and laws both foreign and domestic. Except as authorized by U.S. law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions.
- Entire Agreement . Except for any Additional Terms that apply to your use of the Services as we may notify or make available to you, this is the entire understanding between you and us regarding the use of the Services, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings between you and us regarding this subject matter.
The free online plagiarism checker:
compares your document with billions of online pages and resources;
highlights sections that seem to appear elsewhere;
links you to these pages for further in-depth comparison.
NOTE: if you would like to check grammar, spelling, style, AND plagiarism detection, then use our free Paper Checker.
How Original is Your Text?
Our free online plagiarism checker compares your submitted text to over 10 billion documents on the Internet and in print. Because we do NOT check against previous submissions to Paper Rater, submitting your paper to our service will NOT cause it to get incorrectly flagged as plagiarized if your teacher checks it here later. For more information on our plagiarism detection process and how to interpret the originality score, click here .
What's Wrong with Plagiarizing?
Most of us feel that plagiarism is morally wrong and need no other deterrent than this. However, even for those who do not feel an ethical compulsion to avoid it, the consequences of plagiarism can be quite severe for those who take the risk. For students, getting caught may mean a failing grade, suspension, or even expulsion, and for professionals the stakes are even higher as one's reputation may not be so quickly mended.
Is This Really Free?
While other sites may charge to check plagiarism, it has always been part of our mission to offer services that are accessible to everyone, regardless of income. For users that demand greater speed and accuracy, we do offer a premium service that allows longer submissions as well. Nevertheless, 99.9% of our users are content with our free plagiarism test.
Use Now FREE!
- PaperRaters for Teachers and Educators
- How does PaperRater’s Plagiarism Checker Work?
- Terms and Conditions
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
- Essay Check
- Chicago Style
- APA Citation Examples
- MLA Citation Examples
- Chicago Style Citation Examples
- Writing Tips
- Plagiarism Guide
- Grammar Rules
- Student Life
Writing Help Simplified
- Instantly check for plagiarism & grammar
- Get expert feedback to improve your writing within 24 hours
Get automatic paper help
- Expert Check
Check for unintentional plagiarism
Scan your paper the way your teacher would to catch unintentional plagiarism. Then, easily add the right citation.
Strengthen your writing
Give your paper an in-depth check. Receive feedback within 24 hours from writing experts on your paper's main idea, structure, conclusion, and more.
Find and fix grammar errors
Don't give up sweet paper points for small mistakes. Our algorithms flag grammar and writing issues and provide smart suggestions.
What students are saying about us
"This was the best feature of the website! It corrected a lot of grammar issues that even my writing tutor overlooked."
- Zachary T.
"The grammar suggestions caught some mistakes I definitely would not have caught on my own, so it made my paper so much better."
- Francis R.
"This is a convenient and easy to use tool because instead of having to access several different programs you can create citations and do grammar and plagiarism checks all in one place. The plagiarism check in particular gave me peace of mind when turning in my paper."
How we'll help you improve your paper
Check Your Paper for Grammar and Unintentional Plagiarism
Welcome to your go-to review service for writing and citing with confidence! With the click of a button, BibMe Plus will review your paper for spelling, punctuation, verb tense, and other grammar issues so you can rest easy knowing that you’re submitting your best work.
After putting in the long hours to complete and submit an assignment on time, the last thing you want to learn is that a misspelled word or missing APA format or MLA format citation slipped past you and made its way into your final draft. Thankfully, your concerns about how to avoid plagiarism and typos can be a thing of the past with help from the right tools.
The BibMe Plus writing and citing tools go far beyond the basics of just proofreading; they also check your paper for plagiarism and help you build your biography quickly. Our tool scans your document for similar content on the Internet. If it encounters a passage that may need a citation, it flags it so you can review the passage, examine the source, and easily create and insert a citation if it’s needed. Try it out now!
Detect Unintentional Plagiarism
Finding out that you’ve accidentally infringed on another’s work the night before your assignment is due can leave you scrambling to rewrite sections of your paper, update your citations, and modify your bibliography at the eleventh hour.
If you find that you have accidentally plagiarized, whether on your first, fourth, or final draft, the BibMe Plus plagiarism tool has got you covered. When the BibMe Plus essay checker scans your paper, it searches the web for passages of similar text and highlights areas that may need attention. You have the power to review each flagged passage, as well as the suggested source, to determine if a citation is needed. If you conclude that you did not plagiarize, you can dismiss the plagiarism suggestion and move on to review the next.
After reviewing the suggested sources and identifying the passages which are missing citations, you can choose to start creating a proper citation right then and there. Not only can you create the citation, but you can both add it directly into your paper as an in-text citation as well as to your bibliography at the end of the paper.
All of the BibMe Plus writing and plagiarism check tools and guides are conveniently available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So it doesn’t matter if you finish your paper a week early, or a few hours before it is due; help is here whenever you need it.
How Does the Plagiarism Checker Work?
Before subscription-based and free plagiarism checkers became readily available, figuring out how to check for plagiarism efficiently and effectively was a vexing problem. After all, reviewing every sentence by hand and comparing it all with the entirety of the world’s published works for potential plagiarism would be an arduous and potentially impossible task. That’s why instructors across all levels of education often rely on automated scanning tools (like a paid or free online plagiarism checker) to check for plagiarism and help them identify instances of academic dishonesty; and why students should, too.
A free plagiarism checker may scan your paper for matching text and merely highlight the problem areas and return a percentage that reflects the amount of unoriginal writing it uncovered. The BibMe Plus paper checker offers a lot more than a free plagiarism site and gives you the information you need to make fully informed and intelligent decisions. Our plagiarism detector reveals any passages that require your review and returns the results to you, along with links to the source that contains matching text.
About the Plagiarism Checker and Grammar Check Tools
You’ve done the research, drafted and revised your paper, and took care to credit all of your sources. The last step before you submit your paper is to proofread it in order to catch any missed errors or citations. A missing preposition , misused adverb , or misspelled interjection might escape you, but you’re unlikely to escape your teacher.
The BibMe Plus grammar checker gives you the feedback you need to help polish and improve your paper before you turn it in, not after. Not only does it flag spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, but it also gives you helpful tips that explain why the item is flagged so you can correct it, learn from it, and become a better writer.
A quick scan of your paper with the BibMe Plus plagiarism tool will also help to reveal any passages that, while perhaps unintentional, would still be considered plagiarizing. With tailored tips and an easy-to-use interface, our writing tool can help you unlock the magic to more natural, relaxed, and efficient editing to help ensure that your writing is clear, consistent, and properly cited.
The best part about it? Instant suggestions. No further reading , waiting for a human proofreader to respond to you, or racing across campus to get to the writing center before it closes.
The BibMe Plus grammar checker is available precisely when and where you need it. Conduct an on-demand spell check and grammar check at any time of day to validate the integrity of your work, and to generate any missing citations, all in a matter of seconds.
What is Plagiarism?
Committing academic dishonesty could lead to failing grades and even expulsion Knowing the potential consequences of plagiarism certainly makes it clear why you should avoid it. However, without a concrete definition, abstaining from it can prove challenging.
If you’re wondering, “What does plagiarism mean?” an easy to remember plagiarism definition is that it’s the act of using someone else’s work or ideas without giving them proper credit . It’s important to note that this definition is not bound by intention, and students may commit it both knowingly and unknowingly in a research paper .
Learning to define plagiarism is just the first step in developing the awareness necessary to avoid it. Identifying it in its various forms is the crucial next step, combined with consistently utilizing a subscription-based or free online plagiarism checker as a non-negotiable element of your paper-writing process.
Is your paper in need of a plagiarism check? The BibMe Plus grammar check and plagiarism tool has got you covered! It’s designed to help spot those pesky places in your paper that may get red marks from your teacher, and it couldn’t be easier to use. Simply upload or paste your paper into the online plagiarism checker and, in no time at all, you’ll receive your results and can review any areas of concern. Try it now!
Not ready to check for plagiarism yet? Not to worry–the BibMe Plus plagiarism tool is available 24/7, so you can research, write, and revise when it’s best for your schedule.
Examples of Plagiarism
While it’s critical to understand the plagiarism definition as it’s broadly defined, it’s just as vital to learn the various ways it can occur if proactively preventing plagiarism is your goal.
Direct Plagiar ism:
Direct plagiarism is the deliberate act of copying another individual’s work or idea into an assignment without providing any type of acknowledgment. An example of this would be a student copying and pasting text from a source into their project, without using quotation marks or any kind of attribution.
Incremental Plagiarism :
Copying bits and pieces from a single sentence and adding them into a project without attribution is a form of literary theft called incremental plagiarism . Just as with direct plagiarism, the incremental form attempts to disguise when a student or writer is taking credit for words and ideas that are not their own.
When a writer rephrases another author’s words (and it remains similar to the original words) and includes them without attribution in their work, it is known as patchwriting or mosaic writing .
How does it happen? Perhaps the writer rearranged words in the sentence, subbed out a few adjectives with synonyms, or used bits and pieces of the original wording and mixed it with their own. No matter the method, the original wording is often easy to spot as it peeks through its patchwork disguise.
Plagiarizing another author’s words or ideas is an issue that most students recognize as wrong, but many are shocked to learn that reusing their own words can also fit the plagiarism definition. After all, they ask, how can I steal from myself?
Self-plagiarism is less about stealing and more about deceiving. When a student refurbishes or reuses work they completed in the past and turns it in a second time instead of completing new, original work, they are not honest with their teacher. Even reusing portions or paragraphs of your previous work without disclosing it is dishonest.
Do you have a paper you want to evaluate so you can confirm you’ve completed your research responsibly without plagiarizing (by accident)? A quick scan with the BibMe Plus plagiarism tool will help highlight phrases, sentences, or paragraphs in your paper that are found elsewhere on the internet. Each highlighted section has a prompt that will also ask you if you need a reference for it. Even better? If you review the source and determine that you need to add a citation, the plagiarism check tool will guide you through the steps of creating and inserting your reference. Pretty awesome, right? We think so too.
Lesser-Known Examples of Plagiarism
There are quite a few acts of intentional or unintentional dishonesty that students are surprised to learn also meet the definition of plagiarism.
Including misleading citations is a form of academic dishonesty that is just as serious as direct infringement.
To understand how this fits into the plagiarize definition, consider the final result. If this type of plagiarism is undetected, the writer has deceived their audience and created a false belief about the words and ideas in the source material and its author. Whether it occurs intentionally or unintentionally, misleading citations draw a false link between an idea and a source and harm a student’s credibility.
While misleading references can occur as a result of not understanding your research, invented sources are more often the result of insufficient research or intentional deception. A student who can’t find a source to back up a point they want to make or who doesn’t want to commit the necessary time to ethically complete a paper might resort to including one or more invented sources in their bibliography. Whatever the cause, an invented source creates an illusion of credibility by tying an idea to a source that doesn’t exist.
An invented source can also be the result of poor note-taking. Perhaps you found the perfect quote to include in your introduction but forgot to write down the source. You know it’s wrong to plagiarize, but unless you invent a source you’ll have to remove the quote, right?
Wrong! Rather than choosing between removing the quote or inventing a reference, let the BibMe Plus plagiarism tool free up some time by helping you find the source and create an accurate citation. It’s quick and easy to scan your paper for plagiarism and, most importantly, it’s the ethical thing to do.
What Is Not Plagiarism
With the definition of plagiarism covering so much ground, it’s easy to raise the alarms and wonder if even the most innocent of acts might be construed as plagiarizing. Our advice? Don’t panic. Instead, sit back, relax, and check out these times when you can write your heart out, worry-free:
Information that is widely known and accepted as fact is considered common knowledge. This can either be information that is known to most people in the world, in your country, in your state, or even just in your field of study, depending on the audience for your work. For example:
J.K. Rowling wrote the Harry Potter series.
This is a fact that is known widely enough that it is considered common knowledge and does not require a citation.
If your statement is considered common knowledge, you can include it in your paper without creating a citation. Keep in mind, though, that research papers showcase new ideas and analysis. Common knowledge is acceptable to include, but make sure you mix in information from outside sources as well.
Attributed Quote or Idea:
To include the ideas of others in your papers, you need only to attribute them to the original author to ensure you safely stay on the side of academic integrity. A proper paraphrase or direct quote with a citation is an excellent way to promote a point in your paper, while also demonstrating that you fully understand the author’s idea and have completed your research responsibly.
While most writers remember to add references for direct quotes, they can sometimes forget to include references when adding paraphrases into papers. A free plagiarism site may only help these writers pinpoint passages, but the BibMe Plus tool also helps you develop accurate references, in Chicago citation style and many others, in all types of situations. Quotes, paraphrases, full references: you name it, our plagiarism checker does it, and does it well.
Now that we’ve learned what is and isn’t plagiarism, let’s look at how to avoid it entirely.
How to Avoid Plagiarism
When you first learn to define plagiarism and realize how expansive the definition is, it can be intimidating to think about all the information you have to cite. That’s where the BibMe Plus online plagiarism tool comes in by helping to spot intentional and accidental plagiarism and flagging any matching text for your review.
When you use the plagiarism tool, or any of our resources, your paper always stays in your control. You’ll be given the potential source for each flagged passage so you can review it and decide whether to create a citation or dismiss the alert.
If you find that you need to add a citation, we’ve got your back. There are BibMe citing tools that can help guide you through the process of creating and styling a citation for your paper.
No matter what tools you use to help complete your work ethically, whether they’re free plagiarism tools or not, you are ultimately responsible for the work that you turn in. Remember, the best time to find errors or unintentional infringement is BEFORE you turn in your paper, not after. When in doubt, run a BibMe Plus plagiarism check to help you find any passages that you may have missed on your own, and use the free tools to create and insert your citations in more styles than even imaginable.
Spot Writing Mistakes
Unintentionally plagiarizing isn’t the only thing to worry about when writing and revising a paper—you also don’t want to lose points for small grammatical mistakes. Luckily, the BibMe Plus grammar checker and plagiarism tool will complete a spell check and review your document for style, punctuation, sentence structure, verb tense, pronoun -antecedent agreement, and more!
The BibMe Plus grammar check tool gives you more depth and insight than a standard spell checker. When you scan your paper, the proofreader highlights areas for your review and provides prompts to help you make an educated decision about how to proceed before accepting or ignoring each suggestion. And, since our grammar and spelling check gives definitions and explanations, it can help you improve your writing over time.
This service is for all writers, from those who have complete confidence in their writing ability to those who are just starting to write. No matter what your writing level, let the BibMe Plus grammar and plagiarism checker free up your time with a quick and thorough review that leaves no noun , determiner , or conjunction unchecked! Upload your paper now and start improving your writing today.
Free Online Plagiarism Checker
Possible plagiarism detected!
If you submit this paper, your institution may take disciplinary measures against you. The content requires editing and modification of parts. We know how to make it unique.
This is weighted average of all matches in your text. For example, if half of your paper is 100% plagiarized, your score would be 50%
Well done, your text is unique!
Need an essay written but don't have the time?
With PapersOwl you’ll get it professionally researched, written and received right on time!
Make it unique with
Increase your SEO performance with
Text matches these sources
Verifying your text. It’ll take approximately 10 seconds
Get a 100% accurate report from an advanced AI-powered writing assistant. Our plagiarism checker works with all common file formats.
- Deep Search
- Check in real time
- Data Safety
How to avoid plagiarism?
Proper citation style.
Avoid plagiarism by always listing the source and formatting it correctly when you are note-taking. Take care of the proper formatting and citation style when using content from outside sources.
Write on your own
Avoid borrowing and overusing large pieces of the content from outside sources, especially from Wikipedia. Write your own thoughts and use sources only to support your opinion (remember to cite it though!).
PapersOwl expert can rewrite up to 75% of your content, edit and proofread your paper to make it plagiarism free and ready to use.
PapersOwl expert can edit up to 50% of your content, proofread and polish your paper to make it plagiarism free and ready to use.
PapersOwl expert can rewrite your paper from scratch according to instructions and guidelines and make it plagiarism free and ready to use.
Suits your similarity index. Consider using it!
Plagiarism Checker Review
Get speed and uniqueness when you use the free Papersowl plagiarism checker that accepts an unlimited word count compared to other platforms.
Online Plagiarism Checker For Students
Writing an academic paper can be challenging when you’re not sure if it’s original enough to pass a plagiarism check. Of course, students take information from various sites before writing their own text. Sometimes, it just so happens that certain parts are very similar to your resources, making your professor think that you’ve just copied work from somewhere. That’s why it’s crucial for any modern college or university student to ensure that their work has 100% original content to maintain academic integrity.
Luckily, a free plagiarism checker online can solve this issue quickly and easily. Many professional writing services use a plagiarism checker for research paper. However, students sometimes forget that they should too. But with so many options that pop up when you ask Google to “check my paper for plagiarism”, how do you choose the right one for detection? We’ve got the solution in the form of PapersOwl’s free plagiarism checker tool! Our simple tool makes it convenient to check any writing task without having to spend a dime. It works quickly and highly accurately, ensuring that you get the top grade you deserve. So, if you want to check plagiarism online before turning your task in, head over to our website and get started!
Accurate Check for Plagiarism with Percentage
Many students wishing to produce original content aren’t quite sure how to get an exact percentage of plagiarised text in their work. This percentage is important since many universities have a certain limit of non-unique words you can have in your essay for it to be considered okay. If your plagiarism search doesn’t give you the exact percentage, you can’t be sure if your assignment will go through or not.
When using a free plagiarism tool, it’s essential to have this data provided to you. Only when you have it can you decide which parts to change and which ones to chuck out to achieve your desired results. Plagiarized content is a big issue in modern educational institutions, so getting reliable and trustworthy results is vital. This is the most essential requirement when you check plagiarism.
PapersOwl’s plagiarism detection tool gives you all the information you need to fix plagiarized content. Whether you’ve fallen victim to accidental plagiarism or have tried to make your life easier by copying some text from different sources, you’ll get an accurate percentage with our plagiarism checker online. If you’re wondering how to check paper for plagiarism, it’s nothing complicated at all! Simply visit our site, paste your whole essay into the relevant text box or upload the text file, click on Check For Plagiarism, and you’ll get accurate plagiarism results in a matter of seconds. You’ll see the problematic parts with plagiarism detected highlighted, with links to where similar content exists. Our service with plagiarism detector will also give you the option to check my paper for plagiarism and then to hire a professional writer to fix your task quickly if you’re busy with other things!
The Fastest Plagiarism Checker Online
Gaining insight into duplicate content only works if you get your results quickly. There are so many free plagiarism software online that promise to do the job for you. However, a lot of them are clunky, slow, and inaccurate. How can you produce original work without similarity detection you can trust?
PapersOwl stands out in this regard because it will detect plagiarism in seconds. This is a plagiarism scanner that’s able to perform a Swift Check to give you a uniqueness check right there and then. It also conducts a Deep Search, going through millions of sources on the internet to check for plagiarism. A document of about 1500 words takes only about 10 seconds to get processed! You get a clear plagiarism score of how much text is plagiarized and how much is original. All the sources that your essay matches are listed based on how much similarity there is in your academic writing. And on top of that, you get a handy Make It Unique button that’ll take you to an order page where you can ask our expert writers to rewrite your work and make it 100% unique.
All of this is done almost instantly, allowing students to continue working on their assignments without missing a beat. Not every plagiarism detection software works this quickly, making ours the best one you’ll ever use.
Plagiarism Checker Helps Boost Your Grade
A lot of students make the mistake of considering their papers automatically free from plagiarism. After all, they’ve written it themselves, so how could it be problematic? What they don’t realize is that it’s very easy to borrow some information mistakenly. Turning such a paper in can cause multiple problems, as your professor might think you haven’t done the work at all.
That is why you should always use a plagiarism scanner to test for plagiarized content in your college papers. Our online plagiarism checker for students is designed for this exact purpose. A simple, free plagiarism check could help you check plagiarism, fix any mistakes you see, and submit high-quality text that no one will question.
Our plagiarism detector has a lot going for it. It makes plagiarism detection easier than ever before. Unlike copying and pasting each passage individually into Google, simply upload the whole file into our plagiarism checker free for students, and you don’t have to do anything else. All the matches are highlighted so you know what to change.
The plagiarism test will give you a uniqueness percentage too. This will help you figure out where you stand and how much time you need to adjust anything if required. So, using our copyright checker online free to check your writing is essential. This way, you’ll submit the task only when you’re sure it meets the level of uniqueness required by your school. As a result, your grades will drastically improve when you check for plagiarism.
Benefits of Free Plagiarism Checker for Students
Our professional online plagiarism checker work offers too many benefits to ignore. With our plagiarism detector, you can enjoy highly accurate results as a comprehensive report. The plagiarism checker for students is designed to help you achieve 100% uniqueness without hassle. Here are the key advantages you can enjoy when you check plagiarism free with our plagiarism detection tool:
It’s completely free! We know you are on a tight budget and should be able to check your paper for plagiarism without worrying about payments, so we’ve made the best similarity checker free for all!
Our software detects plagiarism swiftly. It’ll show you detailed results in as little as 10 seconds so you can continue working immediately.
The report from our plagiarism tool gives you access to all the links from where it has detected similarities in your work. You can head to the relevant sites and see which information you must rewrite to improve your results.
Our best free plagiarism checker doesn’t require any skills and presents its services in a simple-to-use interface that anyone can use.
The plagiarism test allows you to get professional help with your work if you’re short on time. Simply ask one of our writers to rewrite the problematic parts of your text and enjoy top grades.
With PapersOwl plagiarism detector, there’s no need to search the internet for an accurate tool. We have many satisfied students worldwide who can vouch for our plagiarism-checking services. Give our online plagiarism checker free tries as often as you want and see how easy it is to produce original essays without spending a penny!
Free Tools for Writing
PapersOwl is a well-known provider of all types of academic papers.
- Research paper
and many more
- Stuck with a lot of homework assignments?
- Worried about making your work 100% plagiarism free?
- Looking for a writing help with affordable price?
How Does Plagiarism Checker Work?
- If you already have a completed text, all you need is just to copy-paste the whole thing in the special box of the chosen plagiarism tool or website, choose suitable settings (if any), then press “check for plagiarism”. It is quite simple and takes just a few moments.
- Once you have pressed “check for plagiarism”, the system will analyze your text and compare it with different sources to find similarities. As a rule, the duration depends on the text’s length. A standard free online plagiarism checker with percentage can give you the result within five minutes or less.
- When the system finishes the work you will be transmitted to the reporting page – it contains the comprehensive report on your work, a percentage of its uniqueness, and a list of sources on which similarities were detected. Often, such tools also highlight the overlaps that were found.
As you can see, it is simple. However, for the best and reliable result you have to be careful. There are tons of programs and online tools that can be used but keep in mind that many of them work differently and not all are good for you. To be confident in the truthfulness of the received result, you need to select the best plagiarism checker because only a professional and high-quality software can detect all similarities and give you a reasoned assessment.
Polish your paper and get rid of plagiarism!
We’ll change up to 75% of your paper, edit and proofread it.
- Reliable Editors
- Any Field of Study
- Fair Prices
Free Plagiarism Checker is rated 4.7 /5 based on 688 user reviews.
Want your voice to count in? Send us your review with all the details.
Advantages Of Plagiarism Checker By PapersOwl
Why choose us? Our service offers a professional online plagiarism checker with report that will provide you with a comprehensive report to make you confident in the 100% uniqueness of your paper. Our free plagiarism checker for students guarantees the best check and here are the key advantages of using our tool that prove this:
You don’t need to pay anything to check your paper for plagiarism because we know the value of original and unique works.
One of the main benefits of our antiplagiat checker online is that it works so fast that you will not even have enough time to make yourself a cup of coffee while it analyzes your text, and it is safe!
We use the latest and the best algorithms and software in order to provide you with an advanced check and help you receive the high-quality papers.
It is simple in use and won’t take much time!
Many students have already confirmed that our free tool is a great and convenient feature that helped them detect and fix errors that could lead to a failure. With us, you will no longer need to look for a different scanner!
Get 10% off your first order!
* you'll see the discount on checkout page
You can choose the writers after viewing information about them. Just select the writer whose experience is closest to your subject.
Completed orders: 497
Restrictions Against Abortion
- Paper Type: Essay (Any Type)
- Subject: Literature
Completed orders: 532
Reconstruction After the Civil War
- Subject: History
Completed orders: 771
Homelessness in America
- Subject: Sociology
Completed orders: 553
Cyber Security Threats in Healthcare
- Subject: Technology
Completed orders: 938
What is Human Trafficking?
Completed orders: 705
The American imperialism
- Subject: Political Science
Completed orders: 596
The Effects of Weed Treatment on Grass Production
- Subject: Environmental Issues
Completed orders: 646
Illegal Immigration and its Effects on Society
Completed orders: 495
Cities that will Sink by 2030
Completed orders: 417
Whether the Federal Government Should Raise Taxes on the Wealthiest or Not
Plagiarism Checker FAQ
Can i check my essay for plagiarism free online, can i use papersowl plagiarism checker as a student for free, can i check my research paper for plagiarism for free, will the papersowl plagiarism report be the same as at my university, what are the consequences of plagiarism, why wait place an order right now.
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
Each day the world’s largest businesses and educational institutes—along with millions of students—trust our exclusive AI-powered text analysis to identify potential plagiarism and paraphrasing across nearly every language, detect AI generated content, verify ownership, and empower error-free writing.
Trusted by leading organizations and institutions:
Plagiarism has evolved, so should your detection.
Check for plagiarism using advanced AI to detect the slightest variations within the text, including hidden and manipulated characters, paraphrasing, and AI-generated content.
Take it beyond word-for-word plagiarism detection with the only platform that:
- Detects AI-generated content, including GPT-4 and Bard
- Detects multiple forms of paraphrasing
- Performs image-based text plagiarism
- Exposes attempts to deceive detection software
- Detects plagiarism in source code
What You're Getting
AI-Generated Content Detection
The most comprehensive and accurate AI content detector with 99.1% accuracy, full model coverage including GPT-4 and Bard, detection in multiple languages, and the ability to detect paraphrased AI-generated content.
Scheduled Recurring Scans
New content is being created at an unprecedented rate. Stay on top of how yours is being used with recurring scans that automatically keep your content safe from potentially plagiarized or unlawful duplication, adding a new layer of protection for your content.
Source Code Plagiarism Detection
Compare source code files against one another and the internet to see if the code is original.
Powerful API and LMS Integrations
Integrate your Learning Management Systems with Copyleaks in minutes! Or use Copyleaks API to go further and create advanced integrations.
Easily detect different levels of content duplication and multiple forms of paraphrasing with trillions of pages of original content at your fingertips, along with:
- 16,000+ open-access journals
- 60 trillion websites
- 1M+ internal documents
- 20+ code data repositories
Plagiarism Detection in Over 100 Languages
With one of the most extensive language databases available, you’ll have the ability to scan and detect potential plagiarism in over 100 human languages.
A Reporting Experience Like No Other
Every scan gives you a clear, comprehensive, interactive similarity report. Plus, you can download and even choose to share the findings report. It’s all up to you.
Build Your Team
Invite individual members or an entire department from your organization, set up unique scan profiles, view and share Similarity Reports, and more.
Grant Full Access
Collaborate without being limited. Invite colleagues, clients, or classmates and share all of Copyleaks’ capabilities with them under one secure account.
A cloud-based system architecture, military-grade 256-bit encryption with SSL connection, and 100% HTTPS data transferring ensure your complete safety and security. Plus, we are GDPR-compliant and the only SOC2-certified platform.
Check for Plagiarism using Tools & Addons
Plagiarism detection api, lms integrations, file comparison tool, programming code checker, how does copyleaks plagiarism checker work.
The Copyleaks plagiarism checker can detect all types of plagiarism using artificial intelligence technology. Once you have created an account, it’s easy to upload your document and use the tool to check for plagiarism. Once your document is scanned, you can compare your text against billions of online sources and Copyleaks’ internal database to ensure plagiarism-free.
This process only takes a few seconds to complete, making it a fast plagiarism tool to use whenever you need it. Copyleaks’ plagiarism checker will seamlessly check for plagiarism within content, even if unintentional, and display a fully comprehensive report. This will show the identified similar text and the similarity percentage and even allows you to compare your text against any other sources with its copy checker feature. You can also see three layers of text similarity and filter the sources according to your needs.
Once you do so, you can download the report containing accurate results and share them with students or colleagues. Our plagiarism checker online helps you be sure that content is entirely original, providing you with a simple-to-use plagiarism tool that will always detect issues before they become a bigger problem, allowing you to act fast.
Importance of a Reliable Plagiarism Checker
A plagiarism checker gives the final approval that your content or student’s work is entirely original. This is incredibly important in today’s society, where many people may forget to check for plagiarism when writing essays or producing online content. Whether the content will be read by two or two million people, checking for plagiarism against multiple online sources is crucial. This way, you will have 100% certainty that the text has not been stolen.
Using a plagiarism checker is as common as checking for spelling errors, and with Copyleaks, we do the hard work for you by showing you how to check for plagiarism if you have never done so. All you have to do is upload the text, and within seconds, you can have a fully comprehensive report of your submitted copy.
Why Use a Plagiarism Scanner?
Using a plagiarism checker online is common practice in today’s digital world. So whether you’re a teacher who needs an essay or thesis checker, a writing agency who needs an SEO plagiarism checker, or a lawyer who wants to use a plagiarism scanner to compare files online, we have created our plagiarism checker online with you in mind.
After working so hard on an assignment, it’s easy to forget to include references accidentally. That’s why it’s so important to check for plagiarism in your paper before it is seen by anyone else. Copyleaks can even be a code plagiarism checker for computer science classes.
Try Copyleaks today, so you’re not accidentally caught up with work that isn’t yours. Want to know more about how to check plagiarism in your work?
Find out what's in your copy.
Get started with Copyleaks for free today!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can integrate our plagiarism checker API directly into your application or website. All you have to do is to sign up for the API key and then log into the API. Once done, create a process using any of the four ways; get the status of the process you used and the results of the scan. The result is a detailed comparison report, with similar content and related statistics.
Similarly, you can integrate our API with your internal database, Learning Management System (LMS), online learning platform, writing tools, and SEO authoring tools for plagiarism detection.
Of course, any plagiarism tool can miss small elements. However, we work hard at Copyleaks to make sure that we provide an extensive plagiarism checker that checks your work to ensure 100% authenticity.
With Copyleaks, we use the very best of AI, Machine learning, Multi-Language capability, and Multi-Layered and extensive search capabilities to provide you with the most accurate plagiarism results.
Though you are inputting your work into a plagiarism checker, it is important to note that we will never steal your work. We will check your work for plagiarism and will allow you to download a report based on our checks.
Our AI Content Detector is the only platform that can detect multiple languages including English, Spanish, German, French, and Portuguese, with more languages to be introduced shortly. English accuracy is over 99%, and the accuracy of other languages is not far behind and getting more accurate daily.
Building Digital Trust and Confidence: It’s the Copyleaks Way
700 Canal St. Stamford, CT 06902 USA
AI Content Detector
Grammar Checker API
Gen AI Governance
AI Content Detector API
AI Content Detector Extension
Plagiarism Detector API
News & Media
Biden Executive Order on AI
Copyleaks For Education
Copyleaks For Enterprise
Copyleaks For Individuals
Free Plagiarism Checker
Detect plagiarism and other writing issues with scribbr's free plagiarism checker.
Services included with Scribbr's plagiarism checker
Catch accidental plagiarism with high accuracy using our Turnitin-powered plagiarism checker for students.
Detect content generated by ChatGPT, GPT4, and Bard with the additional AI Detector.
Get your document back with spelling and grammar issues corrected using Track Changes.
* Only available when uploading an English .docx (Word) document
Rely on the most accurate plagiarism checker of 2023
Scribbr’s plagiarism checker, powered by Turnitin, detects plagiarism more accurately than other popular tools—particularly when texts are heavily edited.
See test results
Find out if your writing contains potential plagiarism
The free plagiarism checker, powered by Turnitin, will give you a heads up if your writing is similar to the content in our database.
View your top 5 matching sources
The Sources Overview shows you the top five sources that match your writing. You can see the domain, database, and the number of matching words for each source. It’s important to cite these sources!
Identify spelling and grammar issues in your document
In addition to checking for plagiarism, powerful AI software scans your English text for spelling and grammar issues. The free check gives an overview of the issues per category.
Submit your paper with confidence, knowing it’s free of plagiarism
Make your writing plagiarism-free with the premium plagiarism checker.
Get a precise similarity percentage
The premium plagiarism checker provides you with an accurate similarity score that tells you what percentage of your paper is not original.
Review highlighted text snippets for missing citations
Similarities in your document are highlighted for quick and easy reviewing. Each color corresponds to a source in the Sources Overview.
Compare your writing to the original text side by side
Use the comparison feature to see how similar your writing is to the original without leaving the plagiarism checker report.
Check for self-plagiarism by uploading previous assignments
Upload previous assignments or a classmate’s paper to catch (self-)plagiarism that is otherwise difficult to detect by regular plagiarism checkers.
Review your spelling and grammar corrections in Word
Writing issues are corrected automatically when you upload a Word document. To review the corrections, you can download a Word document with Track Changes.
Price per document
Select your currency
Prices are per check, not a subscription
Volume pricing available for institutions. Get in touch.
Request volume pricing
Institutions interested in buying more than 50 plagiarism checks can request a discounted price. Please fill in the form below.
Name * Email * Institution Name * Institution’s website * Country * Phone number Give an indication of how many checks you need * Please indicate how you want to use the checks * Depending of the size of your request, you will be contacted by a representative of either Scribbr or Turnitin. * Required
Excellent Review score
Scribbr’s plagiarism checker is rated 4.9 out of 5 based on 3,341 reviews.
Submissions will never be added to our content database. Therefore, no other plagiarism checker will see your text.
Scribbr's plagiarism checker is perfect for you if you:
- Are a student writing an essay or paper
- Value the confidentiality of your submissions
- Prefer an accurate plagiarism checker
- Want to compare your work against publications
- Can benefit from an AI Detector
This plagiarism checker is not for you if you:
- Are a copywriter, SEO, or business owner
- Need to check lots of documents for plagiarism
Start for free
The go-to plagiarism checker for students and academics
Ace your admissions essay to your dream college.
Compare your admissions essay to billions of web pages, including other essays.
- Avoid having your essay flagged or rejected for accidental plagiarism.
- Make a great first impression on the admissions officer.
Submit your assignments with confidence.
Detect plagiarism using software similar to what most universities use.
- Spot missing citations and improperly quoted or paraphrased content.
- Avoid grade penalties or academic probation resulting from accidental plagiarism.
Take your journal submission to the next level.
Compare your submission to millions of scholarly publications.
- Protect your reputation as a scholar.
- Get published by the journal of your choice.
You don't need a plagiarism checker, right?
You would never copy-and-paste someone else’s work, you’re great at paraphrasing, and you always keep a tidy list of your sources handy.
But what about accidental plagiarism ? It’s more common than you think! Maybe you paraphrased a little too closely, or forgot that last citation or set of quotation marks.
Even if you did it by accident, plagiarism is still a serious offense. You may fail your course, or be placed on academic probation. The risks just aren’t worth it.
Scribbr & academic integrity
Scribbr is committed to protecting academic integrity. Our plagiarism checker, AI Detector , Citation Generator , proofreading services , paraphrasing tool , grammar checker , summarize , and free Knowledge Base content are designed to help students produce quality academic papers.
We make every effort to prevent our software from being used for fraudulent or manipulative purposes.
Ask our team
Want to contact us directly? No problem. We are always here for you.
- Email [email protected]
- Start live chat
- Call +1 (510) 822-8066
- WhatsApp +31 20 261 6040
Frequently asked questions
Extensive testing proves that Scribbr’s plagiarism checker is one of the most accurate plagiarism checkers on the market in 2022.
The software detects everything from exact word matches to synonym swapping. It also has access to a full range of source types, including open- and restricted-access journal articles, theses and dissertations, websites, PDFs, and news articles.
The Scribbr Plagiarism Checker is powered by elements of Turnitin’s Similarity Checker , namely the plagiarism detection software and the Internet Archive and Premium Scholarly Publications content databases .
Your document will be compared to the world’s largest and fastest-growing content database , containing over:
- 99.3 billion current and historical webpages.
- 8 million publications from more than 1,700 publishers such as Springer, IEEE, Elsevier, Wiley-Blackwell, and Taylor & Francis.
Note: Scribbr does not have access to Turnitin’s global database with student papers. Only your university can add and compare submissions to this database.
Generating your (free or premium) plagiarism report takes between 1 and 10 minutes, depending on the document size.
In that time, your document is compared to the world’s largest content database, with over 99 billion webpages and 8 million publications.
The free plagiarism report tells you if your writing contains potential plagiarism. The premium report gives you the resources you need to make your writing plagiarism-free.
At the moment we do not offer a monthly subscription for the Scribbr Plagiarism Checker. This means you won’t be charged on a recurring basis – you only pay for what you use. We believe this provides you with the flexibility to use our service as frequently or infrequently as you need, without being tied to a contract or recurring fee structure.
You can find an overview of the prices per document here:
Please note that we can’t give refunds if you bought the plagiarism check thinking it was a subscription service as communication around this policy is clear throughout the order process.
Your writing stays private. Your submissions to Scribbr are not published in any public database, so no other plagiarism checker (including those used by universities) will see them.
Scribbr’s plagiarism checker offers complete support for 20 languages, including English, Spanish, German, Arabic, and Dutch.
The complete list of supported languages:
If your university uses Turnitin, the result will be very similar to what you see at Scribbr.
The only possible difference is that your university may compare your submission to a private database containing previously submitted student papers. Scribbr does not have access to these private databases (and neither do other plagiarism checkers).
To cater to this, we have the Self-Plagiarism Checker at Scribbr. Just upload any document you used and start the check. You can repeat this as often as you like with all your sources. With your Plagiarism Check order, you get a free pass to use the Self-Plagiarism Checker. Simply upload them to your similarity report and let us do the rest!
Limited access for free users , Free users can select max 3 files at one time, while premium users can select up to 20 files per search Make yourself a premium user
Check-Plagiarism offers a reliable plagiarism checker that is widely used to detect plagiarism. Our plagiarism detector offers deep plagiarism detection for writers as well as students in schools, colleges and universities. To use this tool, enter your content below and click on the button.
Verify, Are You Human?
- Sentence wise results
- Matched Sources
- Save Report Download Report
Features of Check-Plagiarism
Our tool helps to check plagiarism in your essays, assignments, and blogs. There are many helpful features we have developed in our tool. Here are some of the main ones:
Fast & Accurate
Our plagiarism checker scans your text against billions of web pages & online resources. You can check up to 1,000 words at once. (For premium users, the word limit is increased to 20,000). Upgrade to pro in just $7
100% Safe & Secure
All files and documents checked with our free plagiarism checker are 100% safe & secure. Your data is completely secure on our servers. No user/search engine/crawler can access your data in any capacity.
Multiple files support
You can check copied content in up to five documents at once (supported formats: doc, docx, txt, and pdf). Scanning multiple papers will not decrease the speed of the tool. You can also compare documents for plagiarism between them.
Our plagiarism checker has a very easy-to-use interface. It provides a simple process to check for content similarities. You can generate a detailed report with percentages.
Enhanced Reporting with the percentage
Our plagiarism detector scans your text with online resources and provides a complete report with percentages. It helps you to check which sentences of your content are unique and which are plagiarized.
Sentence based checking
Our tool scans every single sentence and compares it with all online resources to detect plagiarism. It uses advanced AI algorithms to detect paraphrased plagiarism.
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Article Rewriter
- Word Count & Character Count
- Citation Generator
- Plagiarism Comparison Search
- Grammar Checker
- Text Summarizer
Online plagiarism checker users.
Our online plagiarism checker is widely used and loved by thousands of students, teachers, and content writers. We provide super-fast plagiarism detection solutions for colleges, universities, and all other educational institutes.
Students use it to check their papers, assignments and thesis for plagiarism. It is important for students to check their papers for plagiarism because plagiarism is considered a form of academic dishonesty . This means that if a student submits a paper that includes plagiarized material, they could face serious consequences , such as failing the assignment or the entire course, or even being expelled from school .
Teachers use our plagiarism checker tool to ensure that their students are submitting original work. Our tool can help teachers quickly identify plagiarism in student work, so they can take appropriate action.
By using our tool teachers can
Ensure academic integrity: By checking for plagiarism, teachers can ensure that their students are submitting original work and not cheating.
Promote original thinking: teachers can encourage their students to think critically and independently to develop their own ideas
Prevent grade inflation: If plagiarized work is undetected it can lead to grade inflation that can damage the integrity of the institution. It is also important to maintain the reputation of the institution. Check-Plagiarism also provides matched sources, so it helps to cite sources in your document. Use our citation generator to create APA, MLA, and Chicago formats.
Writers use this plagiarism detector:
To ensure originality : Plagiarism checker helps writers to ensure that their work is original and not copied from other sources.
To identify and correct mistakes : Writers can identify and correct any unintentional mistakes, such as failing to properly cite a source.
To improve credibility : Authors can establish their credibility as trustworthy sources of information by making sure their work is original and properly cited.
Webmasters use this tool to make sure their content is plagiarism-free because
Plagiarized content can damage the reputation and credibility of a website.
It's also important because Google has clear policies on plagiarized content and penalizes websites that contain copied content.
It can lead to legal problems, If the original content is protected by copyright.
Educational institutes (colleges and universities) can integrate our tool using Plagiarism APIs .
Law firms use this tool to protect the documents of their clients.
Check more details about how to avoid plagiarism .
How to use this Plagiarism Checker free?
To check plagiarism of your content by using our plagiarism detector online, follow the below instructions:
Type or paste your text into the input box.
Exclude the URL (if any) from the “Show Advanced” option. This URL will be ignored while checking for plagiarism, any text copied from the excluded URL will be marked as unique content.
Click on the Check Plagiarism button. We have added recaptcha security to avoid robots.
All done? No extra steps are needed. Our free online plagiarism checker will scan the given content against millions of online resources and generates an accurate plagiarism report with percentage. With our Deep-Search technology, our tool can also detect paraphrased plagiarism .
Frequently Asked Questions?
what is considered plagiarism.
According to Oxford: “Plagiarism is presenting someone else’s work or ideas as your own, with or without their consent, by incorporating it into your work without full acknowledgment”.
1. Copying and pasting someone else's text
2. Paraphrasing someone else's work without proper attribution
3. Using someone else's ideas without giving them credit
4. Using someone else's images, videos, or other media without permission
5. Submitting someone else's work, such as a paper or project, as your own
Is it plagiarism if you copy and paste but cite the source?
Presenting someone’s idea as your own is considered plagiarism if not properly cited. While if you copy and paste but cite the source with proper formatting then it's not plagiarism.
Is the usage of plagiarism-checking tools Illegal?
Educational institutions highly recommend plagiarism-checking tools to prevent copying of others’ work. Even research work is not considered authoritative without a plagiarism report. So using plagiarism-checking tools is legal and necessary.
What are the consequences of plagiarism?
Plagiarism involves serious consequences as its a crime.
Its Academic consequences range to:
- Failing the assignment
- Failing the course
- Institute Suspension
- Expulsion from institution
Its Legal consequences cost you:
- Intellectual Damages
- Criminal Charges
- Loss of your employment
Its Personal consequences can affect you with:
- Loss of credibility
- Damage of Reputation
- Damage to professional relationships
- Slowing down your career, especially in Education
We Cover Multiple Platforms
Our plagiarism-checking process supports one of the most popular platforms, WordPress. You can check for plagiarism/duplication of your content directly from your WordPress admin panel. Just download our plagiarism checker plugin and start using it. Check Plagiarism also support educational institutions through our APIs. Universities, colleges, and other educational institutes & Organisations can integrate our APIs to detect plagiarized content on their own end. Our plagiarism tool works accurately on other platforms as well.
A WordPress plugin is available to check plagiarism directly from the admin panel.
Configure your plagiarism software with our APIs, to check directly from your server.
How it Works
Content is first parsed into sentences and then every sentence is checked for plagiarism. If any duplication is found against that sentence, it will be marked in red and if that text is unique, it will be shown in green.
Comparing your content
All results are displayed in real-time. You can compare your content with any of the matched URLs with just one click. You can also use this plagiarism tool directly on the plagiarism comparison tool page.
Our plagiarism checker is loved by 400,000+ customers worldwide. We have positive feedback from customers of all categories. Look at those reviews below.
Our Customers Feedback
We have 70,000+ happy clients including Masters, Students, Teachers and publishers around the world. A Positive previous record is enough for new users to understand that we have the most accurate plagiarism detector.
This free online plagiarism detector is amazing; it checked my content in seconds with very accurate results. According to me it's the best plagiarism detection software.
I am a student and I use this tool regularly to check plagiarism for my papers. Best plagiarism checker for students.
I used their APIs to configure my college website so that students can check plagiarism free for their papers directly from the college website.
Understanding essays and how to write them.
There’s a lot more to essays than just the stereotypical impression of a dreaded assig...
Rise In Impact Of Content & Why It Matter In Business?
Businesses invest a lot of money in creating a robust marketing strategy to stay relevant in...
Accurate Plagiarism Checkers For Research Papers
When writing a research paper, there are different types of tools and utilities that you hav...
5 Tips To Ensure Digital Document Security
An essential part of any business is having security, and digital document security is also ...
Please verify the source information and complete any empty fields the best you can..
Plagiarism Checker by Quetext
Free plagiarism checker: how it works, enter text into plagiarism detection tool.
We make it simple. Just copy and paste all content from your document into our plagiarism checker and hit the ‘Check Plagiarism’ button to get started.
Evaluate text for plagiarism
Our plagiarism detection tool uses DeepSearch™ Technology to identify any content throughout your document that might be plagiarized. We identify plagiarized content by running the text through three steps:
- 1.) Contextual Analysis
- 2.) Fuzzy Matching
- 3.) Conditional Scoring
Accurate plagiarism results
After evaluating the text against billions of internet sources, you will be provided with a plagiarism score showing the percentage of text that is an exact or near-match to existing text online.
Resolve plagiarism risk and use citations
Our ColorGrade™ feedback feature highlights exact matches vs. near-exact or “fuzzy” matches with corresponding colors. From there, you can resolve plagiarism issues by deleting or altering the at-risk copy. Or, you can use our handy “Cite Source” feature to generate citations in MLA, APA, and Chicago formats and insert the citations directly into your document.
Plagiarism Checker Benefits
Whether producing original content or verifying that of others, there’s a lot to gain from using a plagiarism checker. Accurate, automatic detection of duplicate content facilitates the copy-checking process for teachers, students, content writers, and more. Results showing the exact percentage of plagiarized content allows users to see exactly how much text has been copied and where they need to re-word.
Before homework can be graded for quality, it must first be confirmed as original. Our easy-to-use tool arms teachers with a simple, effective way to verify and grade students’ work. Educators at all levels can benefit from ensuring academic integrity through a comprehensive plagiarism check. From K-12, all the way through higher education, teachers are faced with the task of verifying the originality of the work of dozens, if not hundreds, of students each year. Automating this process frees teachers up to focus on the quality of work, rather than be bogged down by its originality.
While the prevalence of academic plagiarism is on the rise, much of it is arguably unintentional. A simple, yet accurate and comprehensive, plagiarism checker offers students peace of mind when submitting written content for grading. It is much easier to do a quick check for potential plagiarism before submission rather than convince a teacher after the fact that your academic integrity is not in question. And Quetext even takes checking for plagiarism a step further, helping students identify and cite the source itself with our built-in citation generator.
Plagiarism risk is not restricted to academia. Anyone tasked with writing for an individual or business has an ethical and legal responsibility to produce original content. On top of that, content writers are often tasked with producing content on topics outside of their wheelhouse, leaving them reliant on the work of others for their research. Our plagiarism checker gives content writers a quick and easy method to prevent copyright infringement. Checking even lengthy pieces of writing takes only a few minutes, keeping companies’ public content in check and writers’ integrity intact.
Types of Plagiarism
It’s important to understand that plagiarism expands far beyond just copying someone else’s work word-for-word. There are several different types of plagiarism that should be avoided.
Many believe that, as long as they produced the work at some point in the past, they can include it in future pieces. However, even if you were the original author, that original work must be cited in order to not be flagged as plagiarism. Treat your past self as a totally separate author; be sure to include all relevant citations and quotations, the same as you would for any other source.
Patchwork plagiarism is the act of piecing together a "patchwork" of existing content to form something new. Assembling unoriginal content in this manner often involves some paraphrasing, with only slight changes. This type of plagiarism can be tricky and can certainly occur unintentionally, especially in academia. Since academic writing is largely based on the research of others, a well-meaning student can inadvertently end up plagiarizing.
Mosaic plagiarism is synonymous with patchwork plagiarism. It describes the process of loosely rearranging or restating another's work without issuing proper credit. It can occur accidentally or intentionally. For authors, mosaic plagiarism endangers their academic integrity or reputation as a writer. For those checking content originality, such as teachers, mosaic plagiarism can easily appear to be original content, which can make mosaic plagiarism especially difficult to detect manually.
Plagiarism doesn’t have to be intentional to still be considered plagiarism — even in early academia, where students are just learning how to properly cite others’ work. While there may be no ill intent from the student, most schools have policies explicitly treating accidental plagiarism the same as intentional plagiarism. Students are expected to know how to properly issue credit to other authors. Similarly, content writers risk damage to their reputation if they produce plagiarized content, regardless of intent.
Plagiarism Checker FAQ
What is plagiarism.
Plagiarism is representing someone else’s work as your own. In educational contexts, there are differing definitions of plagiarism depending on the institution. Plagiarism is considered a violation of academic integrity and a breach of journalistic ethics.
What percentage of a paper can be plagiarized (or copied) and still be considered unique?
Generally speaking, similar or exact copies of another source should be kept under 15% for the total text of the article/paper/essay. As a best practice, citations should be used whenever using another source word-for-word.
What’s the difference between deliberate and accidental plagiarism?
Deliberate plagiarism is purposely copying works from books, articles, webpages, or someone else’s paper and representing it as your original work. Alternatively, accidental plagiarism occurs in a few different ways:
- Incorrectly citing another person’s works
- Failing to paraphrase another person’s works - even when citing it correctly
- Reusing your own previous papers and inadvertently representing it as a new idea
What are the consequences of plagiarism?
The consequences for plagiarizing another person’s works vary. But broadly speaking, the types of consequences can be grouped by person and profession.
Plagiarism consequences for students
Maintaining academic integrity is a top priority for every educational institution. As already mentioned, ignorance of how to properly cite sources is not an excuse for plagiarism. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they are submitting work that has not been plagiarized.
Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, including an automatic failed grade, removal from a class, or expulsion from a school or university. Students who are allowed to continue at their institution following an act of plagiarism may encounter mistrust and additional scrutiny from teachers and instructors.
Plagiarism consequences for copywriters
Copywriters stake their reputation (and by extension, that of their client or company) on their writing. All copywriters must produce completely original content for their clients.
The consequences for plagiarism here are clear: Copywriters who plagiarize the content of others will quickly find it difficult to obtain paying assignments. Similar to academic situations, it is the copywriter’s own responsibility to ensure that their content is 100% original.
Plagiarism consequences for journalists
Journalists are held to exceptionally high standards of integrity in their writing. A journalist who produces plagiarized content jeopardizes the trust of their readers and publishers. Plagiarism can instantly reduce a journalist’s career by a large margin. The ethical and legal standards issued to journalists are clear: Produce original, well-cited content or find another field.