- USF Research
- USF Libraries
Digital Commons @ USF > College of Arts and Sciences > Cell Biology, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology > Theses and Dissertations
Cell Biology, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Role of HLA-DRB1 Fucosylation in Anti-Melanoma Immunity , Daniel K. Lester
Histone Deacetylase 8 is a Novel Therapeutic Target for Mantle Cell Lymphoma and Preserves Natural Killer Cell Cytotoxic Function , January M. Watters
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Regulation of the Heat Shock Response via Lysine Acetyltransferase CBP-1 and in Neurodegenerative Disease in Caenorhabditis elegans , Lindsey N. Barrett
Determining the Role of Dendritic Cells During Response to Treatment with Paclitaxel/Anti-TIM-3 , Alycia Gardner
Cell-free DNA Methylation Signatures in Cancer Detection and Classification , Jinyong Huang
The Role Of Eicosanoid Metabolism in Mammalian Wound Healing and Inflammation , Kenneth D. Maus
A Holistic Investigation of Acidosis in Breast Cancer , Bryce Ordway
Characterizing the Impact of Postharvest Temperature Stress on Polyphenol Profiles of Red and White-Fruited Strawberry Cultivars , Alyssa N. Smith
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Multifaceted Approach to Understanding Acinetobacter baumannii Biofilm Formation and Drug Resistance , Jessie L. Allen
Cellular And Molecular Alterations Associated with Ovarian and Renal Cancer Pathophysiology , Ravneet Kaur Chhabra
Ecology and diversity of boletes of the southeastern United States , Arian Farid
CircREV1 Expression in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer , Meagan P. Horton
Microbial Dark Matter: Culturing the Uncultured in Search of Novel Chemotaxonomy , Sarah J. Kennedy
The Multifaceted Role of CCAR-1 in the Alternative Splicing and Germline Regulation in Caenorhabditis elegans , Doreen Ikhuva Lugano
Unraveling the Role of Novel G5 Peptidase Family Proteins in Virulence and Cell Envelope Biogenesis of Staphylococcus aureus , Stephanie M. Marroquin
Cytoplasmic Polyadenylation Element Binding Protein 2 Alternative Splicing Regulates HIF1α During Chronic Hypoxia , Emily M. Mayo
Transcriptomic and Functional Investigation of Bacterial Biofilm Formation , Brooke R. Nemec
A Functional Characterization of the Omega (ω) subunit of RNA Polymerase in Staphylococcus aureus , Shrushti B. Patil
The Role Of Cpeb2 Alternative Splicing In TNBC Metastasis , Shaun C. Stevens
Screening Next-generation Fluorine-19 Probe and Preparation of Yeast-derived G Proteins for GPCR Conformation and Dynamics Study , Wenjie Zhao
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Understanding the Role of Cereblon in Hematopoiesis Through Structural and Functional Analyses , Afua Adutwumwa Akuffo
To Mid-cell and Beyond: Characterizing the Roles of GpsB and YpsA in Cell Division Regulation in Gram-positive Bacteria , Robert S. Brzozowski
Spatiotemporal Changes of Microbial Community Assemblages and Functions in the Subsurface , Madison C. Davis
New Mechanisms That Regulate DNA Double-Strand Break-Induced Gene Silencing and Genome Integrity , Dante Francis DeAscanis
Regulation of the Heat Shock Response and HSF-1 Nuclear Stress Bodies in C. elegans , Andrew Deonarine
New Mechanisms that Control FACT Histone Chaperone and Transcription-mediated Genome Stability , Angelo Vincenzo de Vivo Diaz
Targeting the ESKAPE Pathogens by Botanical and Microbial Approaches , Emily Dilandro
Succession in native groundwater microbial communities in response to effluent wastewater , Chelsea M. Dinon
Role of ceramide-1 phosphate in regulation of sphingolipid and eicosanoid metabolism in lung epithelial cells , Brittany A. Dudley
Allosteric Control of Proteins: New Methods and Mechanisms , Nalvi Duro
Microbial Community Structures in Three Bahamian Blue Holes , Meghan J. Gordon
A Novel Intramolecular Interaction in P53 , Fan He
The Impact of Myeloid-Mediated Co-Stimulation and Immunosuppression on the Anti-Tumor Efficacy of Adoptive T cell Therapy , Pasquale Patrick Innamarato
Investigating Mechanisms of Immune Suppression Secondary to an Inflammatory Microenvironment , Wendy Michelle Kandell
Posttranslational Modification and Protein Disorder Regulate Protein-Protein Interactions and DNA Binding Specificity of p53 , Robin Levy
Mechanistic and Translational Studies on Skeletal Malignancies , Jeremy McGuire
Novel Long Non-Coding RNA CDLINC Promotes NSCLC Progression , Christina J. Moss
Genome Maintenance Roles of Polycomb Transcriptional Repressors BMI1 and RNF2 , Anthony Richard Sanchez IV
The Ecology and Conservation of an Urban Karst Subterranean Estuary , Robert J. Scharping
Biological and Proteomic Characterization of Cornus officinalis on Human 1.1B4 Pancreatic β Cells: Exploring Use for T1D Interventional Application , Arielle E. Tawfik
Evaluation of Aging and Genetic Mutation Variants on Tauopathy , Amber M. Tetlow
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Investigating the Proteinaceous Regulome of the Acinetobacter baumannii , Leila G. Casella
Functional Characterization of the Ovarian Tumor Domain Deubiquitinating Enzyme 6B , Jasmin M. D'Andrea
Integrated Molecular Characterization of Lung Adenocarcinoma with Implications for Immunotherapy , Nicholas T. Gimbrone
The Role of Secreted Proteases in Regulating Disease Progression in Staphylococcus aureus , Brittney D. Gimza
Advanced Proteomic and Epigenetic Characterization of Ethanol-Induced Microglial Activation , Jennifer Guergues Guergues
Understanding immunometabolic and suppressive factors that impact cancer development , Rebecca Swearingen Hesterberg
Biochemical and Proteomic Approaches to Determine the Impact Level of Each Step of the Supply Chain on Tomato Fruit Quality , Robert T. Madden
Enhancing Immunotherapeutic Interventions for Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia , Kamira K. Maharaj
Characterization of the Autophagic-Iron Axis in the Pathophysiology of Endometriosis and Epithelial Ovarian Cancers , Stephanie Rockfield
Understanding the Influence of the Cancer Microenvironment on Metabolism and Metastasis , Shonagh Russell
Modeling of Interaction of Ions with Ether- and Ester-linked Phospholipids , Matthew W. Saunders
Novel Insights into the Multifaceted Roles of BLM in the Maintenance of Genome Stability , Vivek M. Shastri
Conserved glycine residues control transient helicity and disorder in the cold regulated protein, Cor15a , Oluwakemi Sowemimo
A Novel Cytokine Response Modulatory Function of MEK Inhibitors Mediates Therapeutic Efficacy , Mengyu Xie
Novel Strategies on Characterizing Biologically Specific Protein-protein Interaction Networks , Bi Zhao
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Characterization of the Transcriptional Elongation Factor ELL3 in B cells and Its Role in B-cell Lymphoma Proliferation and Survival , Lou-Ella M.m. Alexander
Identification of Regulatory miRNAs Associated with Ethanol-Induced Microglial Activation Using Integrated Proteomic and Transcriptomic Approaches , Brandi Jo Cook
Molecular Phylogenetics of Floridian Boletes , Arian Farid
MYC Distant Enhancers Underlie Ovarian Cancer Susceptibility at the 8q24.21 Locus , Anxhela Gjyshi Gustafson
Quantitative Proteomics to Support Translational Cancer Research , Melissa Hoffman
A Systems Chemical Biology Approach for Dissecting Differential Molecular Mechanisms of Action of Clinical Kinase Inhibitors in Lung Cancer , Natalia Junqueira Sumi
Investigating the Roles of Fucosylation and Calcium Signaling in Melanoma Invasion , Tyler S. Keeley
Synthesis, Oxidation, and Distribution of Polyphenols in Strawberry Fruit During Cold Storage , Katrina E. Kelly
Investigation of Alcohol-Induced Changes in Hepatic Histone Modifications Using Mass Spectrometry Based Proteomics , Crystina Leah Kriss
Off-Target Based Drug Repurposing Using Systems Pharmacology , Brent M. Kuenzi
Investigation of Anemarrhena asphodeloides and its Constituent Timosaponin-AIII as Novel, Naturally Derived Adjunctive Therapeutics for the Treatment of Advanced Pancreatic Cancer , Catherine B. MarElia
The Role of Phosphohistidine Phosphatase 1 in Ethanol-induced Liver Injury , Daniel Richard Martin
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Changing the Pathobiological Paradigm in Myelodysplastic Syndromes: The NLRP3 Inflammasome Drives the MDS Phenotype , Ashley Basiorka
Modeling of Dynamic Allostery in Proteins Enabled by Machine Learning , Mohsen Botlani-Esfahani
Uncovering Transcriptional Activators and Targets of HSF-1 in Caenorhabditis elegans , Jessica Brunquell
The Role of Sgs1 and Exo1 in the Maintenance of Genome Stability. , Lillian Campos-Doerfler
Mechanisms of IKBKE Activation in Cancer , Sridevi Challa
Discovering Antibacterial and Anti-Resistance Agents Targeting Multi-Drug Resistant ESKAPE Pathogens , Renee Fleeman
Functional Roles of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Bone Metastatic Prostate Cancer , Jeremy S. Frieling
Disorder Levels of c-Myb Transactivation Domain Regulate its Binding Affinity to the KIX Domain of CREB Binding Protein , Anusha Poosapati
Role of Heat Shock Transcription Factor 1 in Ovarian Cancer Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and Drug Sensitivity , Chase David Powell
Cell Division Regulation in Staphylococcus aureus , Catherine M. Spanoudis
A Novel Approach to the Discovery of Natural Products From Actinobacteria , Rahmy Tawfik
Non-classical regulators in Staphylococcus aureus , Andy Weiss
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
In Vitro and In Vivo Antioxidant Capacity of Synthetic and Natural Polyphenolic Compounds Identified from Strawberry and Fruit Juices , Marvin Abountiolas
Quantitative Proteomic Investigation of Disease Models of Type 2 Diabetes , Mark Gabriel Athanason
CMG Helicase Assembly and Activation: Regulation by c-Myc through Chromatin Decondensation and Novel Therapeutic Avenues for Cancer Treatment , Victoria Bryant
Computational Modeling of Allosteric Stimulation of Nipah Virus Host Binding Protein , Priyanka Dutta
Cell Cycle Arrest by TGFß1 is Dependent on the Inhibition of CMG Helicase Assembly and Activation , Brook Samuel Nepon-Sixt
Gene Expression Profiling and the Role of HSF1 in Ovarian Cancer in 3D Spheroid Models , Trillitye Paullin
VDR-RIPK1 Interaction and its Implications in Cell Death and Cancer Intervention , Waise Quarni
Regulation of nAChRs and Stemness by Nicotine and E-cigarettes in NSCLC , Courtney Schaal
Targeting Histone Deacetylases in Melanoma and T-cells to Improve Cancer Immunotherapy , Andressa Sodre De Castro Laino
Nonreplicative DNA Helicases Involved in Maintaining Genome Stability , Salahuddin Syed
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Functional Analysis of the Ovarian Cancer Susceptibility Locus at 9p22.2 Reveals a Transcription Regulatory Network Mediated by BNC2 in Ovarian Cells , Melissa Buckley
Exploring the Pathogenic and Drug Resistance Mechanisms of Staphylococcus aureus , Whittney Burda
Regulation and Targeting of the FANCD2 Activation in DNA Repair , Valentina Celeste Caceres
Mass Spectrometry-Based Investigation of APP-Dependent Mechanisms in Neurodegeneration , Dale Chaput
High-throughput Screening of Age-related Changes in Caenorhabditis elegans , Neil Copes
Promoting Genome Stability via Multiple DNA Repair Pathways , Scott Cukras
Strategies for Preventing Age and Neurodegenerative Disease-associated Mitochondrial Dysfunction , Vedad Delic
Genomic Aberrations at the 3q and 14q loci: Investigation of Key Players in Ovarian and Renal Cancer Biology , Punashi Dutta
The effects of supplemented metabolites on lifespan and stress response pathways in Caenorhabditis elegans , Clare B. Edwards
Targeting T-bet for Prevention of Graft-Versus-Host Disease and Leukemia Relapse after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation , Jianing Fu
- Email Notifications and RSS
- All Collections
- USF Faculty Publications
- Open Access Journals
- Conferences and Events
- Theses and Dissertations
- Textbooks Collection
- Rights Information
- Submit Research
Home | About | Help | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Language and Diversity Statements
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES MAJOR
Senior thesis examples.
Graduating seniors in Biological Sciences have the option of submitting a senior thesis for consideration for Honors and Research Prizes . Below are some examples of particularly outstanding theses from recent years (pdf):
- Thesis Guidelines
A thesis for Distinction in Biology is a wonderful way for you to close the loop on your undergraduate research experience and showcase your scientific scholarship. Your thesis will be evaluated by the Faculty in Biology and answers the following questions: What did you do? Why did you do it? What is the significance of your results? What else would you do, were you to continue the project?
In answering the above questions, you have an opportunity to demonstrate your understanding and intellectual ownership of a project; not simply your productivity in the lab. The volume of results or completeness of the study is not critical for a successful thesis. Instead, we will be looking for the following:
- An argument for the significance of your research, contextualized within the scientific literature;
- A review of appropriate literature as evidence in support of claims you make in your argument;
- A statement of your research goals, i.e., a meaningful question of biological importance;
- A description of experimental approaches and methods ;
- Appropriate presentation of results through tables, figures, and images;
- A discussion of the meaning and significance of your results;
- A description of limitations and future directions for the project.
Expanded guidelines can be found in the Biology Thesis Assessment Protocol (BioTAP):
Format of the Thesis
The basic format of the thesis should resemble that of any scientific journal article that is common in your subdiscipline. It generally includes the following sections: Introduction & Background; Methods; Results; Discussion; Acknowledgements; and References. In some instances, it may be useful to sub-divide the Methods & Results section to correspond to multiple aims. However, if you chose to take this route, remember that there should still be a general Introduction and Discussion sections that address the project as a whole. The thesis should not consist of several "mini-papers" that are unconnected.
The format of the final copy should follow these guidelines:
- Cover Page ( sample ): Title; student's name; supervisor's name; date of submission; 3 signature lines at bottom right (Research Supervisor, DUS, Reader). Please follow the format and language of the sample.
- Abstract Page: single-spaced, roughly 250 words.
- Thesis should be double-spaced
- Pages should be numbered at the top right corner of the page
- It is preferred that figures are embedded within the document instead of all at the end
- There is no minimum page requirement or limit, although most are approximately 25 pages.
Examples of Distinction papers from previous years are available for examination in the Undergraduate Studies Office (Rm 135 BioSci). Several samples are also available below as PDF files.
- Tracing the origins of antimalarial resistance in Plasmodium vivax
- Interaction network optimization improves the antimicrobial efficacy of phage cocktails
- Identifying how ufmylation of RAB1B regulates IFN-β signaling
- Library Resources for Students Writing Theses
- How to write and publish a scientific paper by Barbara Gastel and Robert A. Day
- Biology 495(S): Scientific Argument in Writing . This course is particularly appropriate for seniors working on an undergraduate thesis or major research paper and is recommended, although not required, for all candidates for Graduation with Distinction in biology. The course is writing intensive and carries a “W” designation and, in the fall semester only, is a seminar and carries an “S” designation.
- Biology Writes offers writing resources, feedback, one-on-one consultations, and more.
- Duke Biology’s Mission Statement
- AJED Annual and Semester Reports
- AJED Meeting Notes
- Biology Cultural Association (BCA)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Antiracism Committee (IDEA)
- Learning from Baboons: Dr. Susan Alberts
- Extremophiles and Systems Biology: Dr. Amy Schmid
- How Cells Manage Stress: Dr. Gustavo Silva
- Predator-Prey Interactions in a Changing World: Dr. Jean Philippe Gibert
- Exploring the Extracellular Matrix: Dr. David Sherwood
- Cell Division's Missing Link: Dr. Masayuki Onishi
- Listening in to Birdsong: Dr. Steve Nowicki
- Biogeochemistry as Ecosystem Accounting: Dr. Emily Bernhardt
- Building a Dynamic Nervous System: Dr. Pelin Volkan
- Investigating a Key Plant Hormone: Dr. Lucia Strader
- Imagining Visual Ecology: Dr. Sönke Johnsen
- Outreach Opportunities Across the Triangle
- Job Opportunities
- Location & Contact
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learning Outcomes
- Major Requirements
- Anatomy, Physiology & Biomechanics
- Animal Behavior
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Marine Biology
- Plant Biology
- Minor Requirements
- Biology IDM
- List of Biology Advisors
- Guide for First-Year Students
- Transfer Credit
- Application & Deadlines
- Supervisor & Faculty Reader
- Honors Poster
- Past Student Projects
- Study Away Opportunities
- Finding a Research Mentor
- Project Guidelines
- Getting Registered
- Writing Intensive Study
- Independent Study Abroad
- Summer Opportunities
- Departmental Awards
- Biology Majors Union
- Commencement 2021
- Trinity Ambassadors
- Degree Programs
- Ph.D. Requirements
- How to Apply
- Financial Aid
- Living in Durham
- Where Our Students Go
- Milestones Toward Ph.D.
- Graduate School Fellowships
- Useful Resources
- Concurrent Biology Master of Science
- En Route Biology Masters of Science
- Form Library
- Mentorship Expectations
- On Campus Resources
- Fellowships & Jobs
- Meet Our Postdocs
- Department Research Areas
- Research Facilities
- Duke Postdoctoral Association
- All Courses
- Biological Structure & Function Courses
- Ecology Courses
- Organismal Diversity Courses
- Alternate Elective Courses
- Primary Faculty
- Secondary Faculty
- Graduate Faculty
- Emeritus Faculty
- Graduate Students
- Department Staff
- Faculty Research Labs
- Developmental Biology
- Ecology & Population Biology
- Organismal Biology & Behavior
- Research Articles & Papers
- Botany Plot
- Field Station
- Pest Management Protocols
- Research Greenhouses
- Centers/Research Groups
- Biology Writes
- Alumni Profiles
- For Current Students
- Assisting Duke Students
Home > CNS > BIOCHEM > MCB > MCB_THESES
Molecular and Cellular Biology Masters Theses Collection
Theses from 2023 2023.
Elucidating the Priming Mechanism of ClpXP Protease by Single-Domain Response Regulator CpdR in Caulobacter crescentus , Kimberly E. Barker, Molecular & Cellular Biology
The Discovery of a Novel Bacteria from a Large Co-assembly of Metagenomes , Matthew Finkelberg, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Investigating Diterpene Biosynthesis in Medicago Truncatula , Sungwoo Hwang, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Combining Simulation and the MspA Nanopore to Study p53 Dynamics and Interactions , Samantha A. Schultz, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Caulobacter ClpXP Adaptor PopA’s Domain Interactions in the Adaptor Hierarchy of CtrA Degradation , Thomas P. Scudder, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Climate Change, Giant Viruses and Their Putative Hosts , Sarah K. Tucker, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2022 2022
Changes in Gene Expression From Long-Term Warming Revealed Using Metatranscriptome Mapping to FAC-Sorted Bacteria , Christopher A. Colvin, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Determining CaMKII Variant Activities and Their Roles in Human Disease , Matthew J. Dunn, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Developmental Exposures to PFAS Mixtures Impair Elongation of the Exocrine Pancreas in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) , Emily M. Formato, Molecular & Cellular Biology
A Metatranscriptomic Analysis of the Long-Term Effects of Warming on the Harvard Forest Soil Microbiome , Brooke A. Linnehan, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Characterization of the Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Family in the Fusarium oxysporum Species Complex , Daniel Norment, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2021 2021
Exploring Knockdown Phenotypes and Interactions between ATAD3 Proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana , Eli S. Gordon, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Development of a Site-Specific Labeling Assay to Study the Pseudomonas aeruginosa Type III Secretion Translocon in Native Membranes , Kyle A. Mahan, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Liposomal Nanoparticles Target TLR7/8-SHP2 to Repolarize Macrophages to Aid in Cancer Immunotherapy , Vaishali Malik, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Hsp70 Phosphorylation: A Case Study of Serine Residues 385 and 400 , Sashrika Saini, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Activation of Nrf2 at Critical Windows of Development Alters Protein S-Glutathionylation in the Zebrafish Embryo (Danio rerio) , Emily G. Severance, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Utilizing Fluorescence Microscopy to Characterize the Subcellular Distribution of the Novel Protein Acheron , Varun Sheel, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2020 2020
The Association Between Sperm DNA Methylation and Sperm Mitochondrial DNA Copy Number , Emily Houle, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Gene Expression Regulation in the Mouse Liver by Mechanistic Target Of Rapamycin Complexes I and II , Anthony Poluyanoff, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Sperm Mitochondrial DNA Biomarkers as a Measure of Male Fecundity and Overall Sperm Quality , Allyson Rosati, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Exploration of the Association between Muscle Volume and Bone Geometry Reveals Surprising Relationship at the Genetic Level , Prakrit Subba, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2019 2019
Studies on the Interaction and Organization of Bacterial Proteins on Membranes , Mariana Brena, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Investigating The Role Of LBH During Early Embryonic Development In Xenopus Laevis , Emma Weir, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2018 2018
Exploring the Influence of PKC-theta Phosphorylation on Notch1 Activation and T Helper Cell Differentiation , Grace Trombley, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2017 2017
Partial Craniofacial Cartilage Rescue in ace/fgf8 Mutants from Compensatory Signaling From the Ventricle of Danio Rerio , Douglas A. Calenda II, Molecular & Cellular Biology
THE FAR C-TERMINUS OF TPX2 CONTRIBUTES TO SPINDLE MORPHOGENESIS , Brett Estes, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Characterization of Calcium Homeostasis Parameters in TRPV3 and CaV3.2 Double Null Mice , Aujan Mehregan, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Microtransplantation of Rat Brain Neurolemma into Xenopus Laevis Oocytes to Study the Effect of Environmental Toxicants on Endogenous Voltage-Sensitive Ion Channels , Edwin Murenzi, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Regulation of Katanin Activity on Microtubules , Madison A. Tyler, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2016 2016
The Role of MicroRNAs in Regulating the Translatability and Stability of Target Messenger RNAs During the Atrophy and Programmed Cell Death of the Intersegmental Muscles of the Tobacco Hawkmoth Manduca sexta. , Elizabeth Chan, Molecular & Cellular Biology
An in Vivo Study of Cortical Dynein Dynamics and its Contribution to Microtubule Sliding in the Midzone , Heather M. Jordan, Molecular & Cellular Biology
A Genetic Analysis of Cichlid Scale Morphology , Kenta C. Kawasaki, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Modulation of Notch in an Animal Model of Multiple Sclerosis , Manit Nikhil Munshi, Molecular & Cellular Biology
One-Carbon Metabolism Related B-Vitamins Alter The Expression Of MicroRNAS And Target Genes Within The Wnt Signaling Pathway In Mouse Colonic Epithelium , Riccardo Racicot, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Characterizing the Inhibition of Katanin Using Tubulin Carboxy-Terminal Tail Constructs , Corey E. Reed, Molecular & Cellular Biology
The Identification of Notch1 Functional Domains Responsible for its Physical Interaction with PKCθ , Wesley D. Rossiter, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Dynamics of Microtubule Networks with Antiparallel Crosslinkers , Kasimira T. Stanhope, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Modifications of Myofilament Structure and Function During Global Myocardial Ischemia , Mike K. Woodward, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2015 2015
Regulation of Jak1 and Jak2 Synthesis through Non-Classical Progestin Receptors , Hillary Adams, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Antineoplastic Effects of Rhodiola Crenulata on B16-F10 Melanoma , Maxine Dudek, Molecular & Cellular Biology
RNAi Validation of Resistance Genes and Their Interactions in the Highly DDT-Resistant 91-R Strain of Drosophila Melanogaster , Kyle Gellatly, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Characterization of Protein-Protein Interactions for Therapeutic Drug Design Utilizing Mass Spectrometry , Alex J. Johnson, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Promoting Extracellular Matrix Crosslinking in Synthetic Hydrogels , Marcos M. Manganare, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Characterization of the Reconstituted and Native Pseudomonas aeruginosa Type III Secretion System Translocon , Kathryn R. Monopoli, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Thermocycle-regulated WALL REGULATOR INTERACTING bHLH Encodes a Protein That Interacts with Secondary-Cell-Wall-Associated Transcription Factors , Ian P. Whitney, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2014 2014
Engineering Camelina sativa for Biofuel Production via increasing oil yield and tolerance to abiotic stresses , Kenny Ablordeppey, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Designing a Pore-Forming Toxin Cytolysin A (ClyA) Specific to Target Cancer Cells , Alzira Rocheteau Avelino, Molecular & Cellular Biology
The Role of the Novel Lupus Antigen, Acheron, in Moderating Life and Death Decisions , Ankur Sheel, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Expression and Purification of Human Lysosomal β-galactosidase from Pichia Pastoris , Sarah E. Tarullo, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Properties of Potential Substrates of a Cyanobacterial Small Heat Shock Protein , Yichen Zhang, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2013 2013
Characterizing the Heavy Metal Chelator, Tpen, as a Ca2+ Tool in the Mammalian Oocyte , Robert A. Agreda Mccaughin, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Sustainable Biofuels Production Through Understanding Fundamental Bacterial Pathways Involved in Biomass Degradation and Sugar Utilization , James CM Hayes, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Stiffness and Modulus and Independent Controllers of Breast Cancer Metastasis , Dannielle Ryman, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2012 2012
The Pyrethroid Deltamethrin, Which Causes Choreoathetosis with Salivation (CS-Syndrome), Enhances Calcium Ion Influx via Phosphorylated CaV2.2 expresssed in Xenopus laevis oocytes , Anna-maria Alves, Molecular & Cellular Biology
A Test of the Hypothesis That Environmental Chemicals Interfere With Thyroid Hormone Action in Human Placenta , Katherine Geromini, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Analyzing the Role of Reactive Oxygen Species in Male-Female Interactions in Arabidopsis thaliana. , Eric A. Johnson, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Rhythmic Growth And Vascular Development In Brachypodium Distachyon , Dominick A. Matos, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Polymer Prodrug Conjugation to Tumor Homing Mesenchymal Stem Cells , Nick Panzarino, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Investigation of Differential Vector Competence of Bartonella quintana in Human Head and Body Lice , Domenic j. Previte, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Downregulation of Cinnamyl Alcohol Dehydrogenase or Caffeic Acid O-Methyltransferase Leads to Improved Biological Conversion Efficiency in Brachypodium distachyon , Gina M. Trabucco, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2011 2011
Evolutionary Relationship of the ampC Resistance Gene In E. cloacae , Shanika S. Collins, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Sex Difference in Calbindin Cell Number in the Mouse Preoptic Area: Effects of Neonatal Estradiol and Bax Gene Deletion , Richard F. Gilmore III, Molecular & Cellular Biology
In Vivo Investigations of Polymer Conjugates as Therapeutics , Elizabeth M. Henchey, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Examination of Sexually Dimorphic Cell Death in the Pubertal Mouse Brain , Amanda Holley, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Human Niemann-Pick Type C2 Disease Protein Expression, Purification and Crystallization , Yurie T. Kim, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Revealing the Localization of the Class I Formin Family in the Moss Physcomitrella patens Using Gene Targeting Strategies , Kelli Pattavina, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Connecting Motors and Membranes: A Quantitative Investigation of Dynein Pathway Components and in vitro Characterization of the Num1 Coiled Coil Domain , Bryan J. St. Germain, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2010 2010
The Protective Effects A Full-term Pregnancy Plays Against Mammary Carcinoma , Matthew p. Carter, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Analysis Of An Actin Binding Guanine Exchange Factor, Gef8, And Actin Depolymerizing Factor In Arabidopsis Thaliana. , Aleksey Chudnovskiy, Molecular & Cellular Biology
The Role of Ykl-40, a Secreted Heparin-Binding Glycoprotein, in Tumor Angiogenesis, Metastasis, and Progression: a Potential Therapeutic Target , Michael Faibish, Molecular & Cellular Biology
In Vivo Visualization of Hedgehog Signaling in Zebrafish , Christopher J. Ferreira, Molecular & Cellular Biology
An In Vivo Study of the Mammalian Mitotic Kinesin Eg5 , Alyssa D. Gable, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Identification of Dynein Binding Sites in Budding Yeast Pac1/LIS1 , Christopher W. Meaden, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Functional Characterization of Arabidopsis Formin Homologues Afh1, Afh5, Afh6, Afh7 and Afh8 , Shahriar Niroomand, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Regulation of Crbp1 In Mammary Epithelial Cells , Stacy L. Pease, Molecular & Cellular Biology
In Vivo Labeling Of A Model β-Clam Protein With A Fluorescent Amino Acid , Mangayarkarasi Periasamy, Molecular & Cellular Biology
In Vivo Characterization of Interactions Among Dynein Complex Components at Microtubule Plus Ends , Karen M. Plevock, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Anti-Diabetic Potentials of Phenolic Enriched Chilean Potato and Select Herbs of Apiaceae and Lamiaceae Families , Fahad Saleem, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Interconversion of the Specificities of Human Lysosomal Enzymes , Ivan B. Tomasic, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Deletions of Fstl3 and/or Fst Isoforms 303 and 315 Results in Hepatic Steatosis , Nathan A. Ungerleider, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2009 2009
A New Laser Pointer Driven Optical Microheater for Precise Local Heat Shock , Mike Placinta, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2008 2008
Cysteine Dioxygenase: The Importance of Key Residues and Insight into the Mechanism of the Metal Center , Jonathan H. Leung, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Invertebrate Phenology and Prey Selection of Three Sympatric Species of Salmonids; Implications for Individual Fish Growth , Jeffrey V. Ojala, Wildlife & Fisheries Conservation
Paralemmin Splice Variants and mRNA and Protein Expression in Breast Cancer , Casey M. Turk, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Stability of the frog motor nerve terminal: roles of perisynaptic Schwann cells and muscle fibers , Ling Xin, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Theses from 2007 2007
Antioxidant Response Mechanism in Apples during Post-Harvest Storage and Implications for Human Health Benefits , Ishan Adyanthaya, Molecular & Cellular Biology
Progress Towards A Model Flavoenzyme System , Kevin M. Bardon, Molecular & Cellular Biology
The effect of Rhodiola crenulata on a highly metastatic murine mammary carcinoma , Jessica L. Doerner, Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Login for Faculty Authors
- Faculty Author Gallery
- Expert Gallery
- University Libraries
- Molecular and Cellular Biology Graduate Program Website
- UMass Amherst
This page is sponsored by the University Libraries.
© 2009 University of Massachusetts Amherst • Site Policies
Home > Life Sciences > Microbiology and Molecular Biology > Theses and Dissertations
Microbiology and Molecular Biology Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Elucidating the Architecture of the TclIJN Complex that Converts Cysteine to Thiazoles in the Biosynthesis of Micrococcin , Diana G. Calvopina Chavez
Manipulating and Assaying Chromatin Architecture Around Enhancer Elements in vivo , John Lawrence Carter
Halophilic Genes that Impact Plant Growth in Saline Soils , Mckay A. Meinzer
Changes in RNA Expression of HuT78 Cells Resulting From the HIV-1 Viral Protein R R77Q Mutation , Joshua S. Ramsey
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Biofilm Characterization and the Potential Role of eDNA in Horizontal Gene Transfer in Hospital and Meat Isolates of Staphylococcus aureus and Their Biofilms , Ashley Lynne Ball
The Effects of Polymorphisms of Viral Protein R of HIV-1 on the Induction of Apoptosis in Primary Cells and the Characterization of Twelve Novel Bacillus anthracis Bacteriophage , Jacob D. Fairholm
Analysis of the Cytopathogenic Effect of Different HIV-1 Vpr Isoforms on Primary Human CD4+ T Cells and a Model Cell Line , Jonatan Josue Fierro Nieves
The Role of Chitinase A in Mastitis-Associated Escherichia coli Pathogenesis , Weston D. Hutchison
Big Data Meta-Analyses of Transcriptional Responses of Human Samples to Orthohantavirus Infection and Shotgun Metagenomics From Crohn's Disease Patients. , John L. Krapohl
An Exploration of Factors that Impact Uptake of Human Papillomavirus Vaccines , David Samuel Redd
Genomic Analysis and Therapeutic Development of Bacteriophages to Treat Bacterial Infections and Parasitic Infestations , Daniel W. Thompson
The Use of Nucleotide Salvage Pathway Enzymes as Suitable Tumor Targets for Antibody-Based and Adoptive Cell Therapies , Edwin J. Velazquez
Comparative Sequence Analysis Elucidates the Evolutionary Patterns of Yersinia pestis in New Mexico over Thirty-Two Years , M. Elizabeth Warren
Regulation of T Cell Activation by the CD5 Co-Receptor and Altered Peptides, Characterization of Thymidine Kinase-Specific Antibodies, and Integrating Genomics Education in Society , Kiara Vaden Whitley
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Evolution and Selection: From Suppression of Metabolic Deficiencies to Bacteriophage Host Range and Resistance , Daniel Kurt Arens
Identifying Sinorhizobium meliloti Genes that Determine Fitness Outcomes , Alexander B. Benedict
Pushing the Limits of SARS-CoV-2 Survival: How SARS-CoV-2 Responds to Quaternary Ammonium Compounds and Wastewater , Benjamin Hawthorne Ogilvie
Mutations in HIV-1 Vpr Affect Pathogenesis in T-Lymphocytes and Novel Strategies to Contain the Current COVID-19 Pandemic , Antonio Solis Leal
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Staphylococcus aureus Metal Acquisition in Milk and Mammary Gland Tissue , Shalee Killpack Carlson
Antimicrobial Peptide Development: From Massively Parallel Peptide Sequencing to Bioinformatic Motif Identification , Alexander K. Erikson
A Comparison of Chikungunya Virus Infection, Dissemination, and Cytokine Induction in Human and Murine Macrophages and Characterization of RAG2-/-γc-/- Mice as an Animal Model to Study Neurotropic Chikungunya Disease , Israel Guerrero
The Effects of Immune Regulation and Dysregulation: Helper T Cell Receptor Affinity, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Cancer Risk, and Vaccine Hesitancy , Deborah K. Johnson
Identification of Genes that Determine Fitness, Virulence, and Disease Outcomes in Mastitis Associated Eschericia coli , Michael Andrew Olson
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Investigation of Thymidine Kinase 1 in Cancer Progression , Eliza Esther King Bitter
Ribosomally Synthesized and Post-Translationally Modified Peptides as Potential Scaffolds for Peptide Engineering , Devan Bursey
Bioaerosols Associated with Evaporative Cooler Use in Low-Income Homes in Semi-Arid Climates , Ashlin Elaine Cowger
PAS Kinase and TOR, Controllers of Cell Growth and Proliferation , Brooke Jasmyn Cozzens
Regulation of Immune Cell Activation and Functionby the nBMPp2 Protein andthe CD5 Co-Receptor , Claudia Mercedes Freitas
Characterizing Novel Pathways for Regulation and Function of Ataxin-2 , Elise Spencer Melhado
Interactions Between the Organellar Pol1A, Pol1B, and Twinkle DNA Replication Proteins and Their Role in Plant Organelle DNA Replication , Stewart Anthony Morley
SNFing Glucose to PASs Mitochondrial Dysfunction: The Role of Two Sensory Protein Kinases in Metabolic Diseases , Kai Li Ong
Characterizing the Function of PAS kinase in Cellular Metabolism and Neurodegenerative Disease , Jenny Adele Pape
Isolation, Characterization, and Genomic Comparison of Bacteriophages of Enterobacteriales Order , Ruchira Sharma
Isolation, Genetic Characterization and Clinical Application of Bacteriophages of Pathogenic Bacterial Species , Trever Leon Thurgood
Investigation of Therapeutic Immune Cell Metabolism , Josephine Anna Tueller
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Innate Immune Cell Phenotypes Are Dictated by Distinct Epigenetic Reprogramming , Kevin Douglas Adams
Bacteriophages for Treating American Foulbrood and the Neutralization of Paenibacillus larvae Spores , Thomas Scott Brady
Methods for Detection of and Therapy for Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae , Olivia Tateoka Brown
The Diversity Found Among Carbapenem-Resistant Bacteria , Galen Edward Card
Exploration of Antimicrobial Activity in Natural Peptides and High-Throughput Discovery of Synthetic Peptides , Emma Kay Dallon
Gut Microbiota Regulates the Interplay Between Diet and Genetics to Influence Insulin Resistance , Jeralyn Jones Franson
The Antimicrobial Properties of Honey and Their Effect on Pathogenic Bacteria , Shreena Himanshu Mody
The Ability of Novel Phage to Infect Virulent Bacillus anthracis Isolates , Hyrum Smith Shumway
Galleria Mellonella as an Alternate Infection Model for Burkholderia Species and a Comparison of Suspension and Surface Test Methods for Evaluating Sporicidal Efficacy , Joseph D. Thiriot
The Clinical Significance of HPRT as a Diagnostic and Therapeutic Biomarker for Hematological and Solid Malignancies , Michelle Hannah Townsend
Biomarker Analysis and Clinical Relevance of Thymidine Kinase 1 in Solid and Hematological Malignancies , Evita Giraldez Weagel
Hospital and meat associated Staphylococcus aureus and Their Biofilm Characteristics , Trevor Michael Wienclaw
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Comparison of Cytokine Expression and Bacterial Growth During Periparturient and Mid Lactation Mastitis in a Mouse Model , Rhonda Nicole Chronis
Influence of Epstein-Barr Virus on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Development and the Role of Depression on Disease Progression , Caleb Cornaby
The Effects of Nucleosome Positioning and Chromatin Architecture on Transgene Expression , Colton E. Kempton
Phosphate Signaling Through Alternate Conformations of the PstSCAB Phosphate Transporter , Ramesh Krishna Vuppada
Acetobacter fabarum Genes Influencing Drosophila melanogaster Phenotypes , Kylie MaKay White
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
The Path to Understanding Salt Tolerance: Global Profiling of Genes Using Transcriptomics of the Halophyte Suaeda fruticosa , Joann Diray Arce
Genetic and Biochemical Analysis of the Micrococcin Biosynthetic Pathway , Philip Ross Bennallack
Characterizing Interaction Between PASK and PBP1/ ATXN2 to Regulate Cell Growth and Proliferation , Nidhi Rajan Choksi
The Activity of Alkaline Glutaraldehyde Against Bacterial Endospores and Select Non-Enveloped Viruses , Justen Thalmus Despain
The Role of Viral Interleukin-6 in Tumor Development of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Lymphomas , Rebecca A. Fullwood
The Role of the Transcriptional Antiterminator RfaH in Lipopolysaccharide Synthesis, Resistance to Antimicrobial Peptides, and Virulence of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis and Yersinia pestis , Jared Michael Hoffman
A CryAB Interactome Reveals Clientele Specificity and Dysfunction of Mutants Associated with Human Disease , Whitney Katherine Hoopes
The pmrHFIJKLM Operon in Yersinia pseudotuberculosis Enhances Resistance to CCL28 and Promotes Phagocytic Engulfment by Neutrophils , Lauren Elizabeth Johnson
Characterization of Five Brevibacillus Bacteriophages and Their Genomes , Michael Allen Sheflo
Analysis of Nucleosome Isolation and Recovery: From In Silico Invitrosomes to In Vivo Nucleosomes , Collin Brendan Skousen
Human Herpesvirus 6A Infection and Immunopathogenesis in Humanized Rag2 -/-γc-/- Mice and Relevance to HIV/AIDS and Autoimmunity , Anne Tanner
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Identifying and Characterizing Yeast PAS Kinase 1 Substrates Reveals Regulation of Mitochondrial and Cell Growth Pathways , Desiree DeMille
The Detection and Molecular Evolution of Francisella tularensis Subspecies , Mark K. Gunnell
Isolation and Host Range of Staphylococcus aureus Bacteriophages and Use for Decontamination of Fomites , Kyle C. Jensen
The Antioxidant and DNA Repair Capacities of Resveratrol, Piceatannol, and Pterostilbene , Justin Ryan Livingston
High Salinity Stabilizes Bacterial Community Composition and Activity Through Time , Tylan Wayne Magnusson
Advancing Phage Genomics and Honeybee Health Through Discovery and Characterization of Paenibacillaceae Bacteriophages , Bryan Douglas Merrill
Specialized Replication Operons Control Rhizobial Plasmid Copy Number in Developing Symbiotic Cells , Clarice Lorraine Perry
Gene Networks Involved in Competitive Root Colonization and Nodulation in the Sinorhizobium meliloti-Medicago truncatula Symbiosis , Ryan D. VanYperen
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Snf1 Mediated Phosphorylation and Activation of PAS Kinase , Bryan D. Badal
Studies of PhoU in Escherichia coli: Metal Binding, Dimerization,Protein/Protein Interactions, and a Signaling Complex Model , Stewart G. Gardner
Pharmacologic Immunomodulation of Macrophage Activation by Caffeine , Ryan Perry Steck
Analysis of Nucleosome Mobility, Fragility, and Recovery: From Embryonic Stem Cells to Invitrosomes , Ashley Nicolle Wright
Enhancing Protein and Enzyme Stability Through Rationally Engineered Site-Specific Immobilization Utilizing Non-Canonical Amino Acids , Jeffrey Chun Wu
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Thymidine Kinase 1: Diagnostic and Prognostic Significance in Malignancy , Melissa Marie Alegre
Promoter Polymorphisms in Interferon Regulatory Factor 5 , Daniel N. Clark
Modulators of Symbiotic Outcome in Sinorhizobium meliloti , Matthew B. Crook
Evidences for Protein-Protein Interactions Between PstB and PhoU in the Phosphate Signaling Complex of Escherichia coli , Kristine Dawn Johns
Identification of the Binding Partners for HspB2 and CryAB Reveals Myofibril and Mitochondrial Protein Interactions and Non-Redundant Roles for Small Heat Shock Proteins , Kelsey Murphey Langston
A Quadruplex Real-Time PCR Assay for the Rapid Detection and Differentiation of the Burkholderia pseudomallei Complex: B. mallei , B. pseudomallei , and B. thailandensis , Chinn-woan Lowe
The Role of Nuclear BMP2 in the Cell Cycle and Tumorigenesis , Brandt Alan Nichols
Nuclear BMP2 and the Immune Response , Daniel S. Olsen
Hypersaline Lake Environments Exhibit Reduced Microbial Dormancy , Joshua Christopher Vert
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
Characterization of the Cellular and Organellar Dynamics that Occur with a Partial Depletion of Mitochondrial DNA when Arabidopsis Organellar DNA Polymerase IB is Mutated , John D. Cupp
Effect of Antioxidants and Oxidative Stress on Different Cancer Cell Types , Gaytri Devi Gupta Elera
Effects of Chemical Stimulation and Tumor Co-Incubation on Macrophage Activation and Aggressiveness, Measured Through Phagocytosis and Respiratory Burst , Bo Marcus Gustafsson
Loss of the Lipopolysaccharide Core Biosynthesis rfaD Gene Increases Antimicrobial Chemokine Binding and Bacterial Susceptibility to CCL28 and Polymyxin: A Model for Understanding the Interface of Antimicrobial Chemokines and Bacterial Host Defense Avoidance Mechanisms , Cynthia S. Lew
Partial Characterization of the Antimicrobial Activity of CCL28 , Bin Liu
Characterizing the Role of HspB2 in Cardiac Metabolism and Muscle Structure Using Yeast and Mammalian Systems , Jonathan Paul Neubert
Humanized Mice as a Model to Study Human Viral Pathogenesis and Novel Antiviral Drugs , Freddy Mauricio Sanchez Tumbaco
Transgene Delivery via Microelectromechanical Systems , Aubrey Marie Mueller Wilson
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
Antioxidants in Cancer Research and Prevention: Assay Comparison, Structure-Function Analysis, and Food Product Analysis , Andrew Robert Garrett
Characterization of the Role Nuclear Bmp2 (nBmp2) Plays in Regulating Gene Expression , Fialka Grigorova
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Effects of Diabetic State and Gender on Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Secretion by Human Macrophages Infected with Burkholderia pseudomallei , Annette J. Blam
Organellar DNA Polymerases Gamma I and II in Arabidopsis thaliana , Jeffrey M. Brammer
Determining the Function of Nuclear Bmp4 , Trina Jane Loos
Interactions of Burkholderia pseudomallei and Acanthamoeba castellanii and Their Effects on Virulence in Human Monocytes , Emily Ann Moore
Gene Expression Patterns in Flea Vectors of Yersinia pestis , Wei Zhou
- Notify me via email or RSS
ScholarsArchive ISSN: 2572-4479
- Scholarly Communication
- Additional Collections
- Academic Research Blog
Hosted by the.
- Harold B. Lee Library
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Home > FACULTIES > Biology > BIOLOGY-ETD
Biology Theses and Dissertations
This collection contains theses and dissertations from the Department of Biology, collected from the Scholarship@Western Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository
Theses/Dissertations from 2023 2023
Effect of rearing conditions on the allocation of larval and adult acquired essential and nonessential fatty acids to flight in two adult Lepidoptera: Danaus plexippus and Mythimna unipuncta , Libesha Anparasan
The effect of dietary thiaminase on cardiac function and morphology in lake trout (Salvelinus namaycush) , Peter Baker
Evaluating Phosphorylation as a Potential Regulator of ADT5 in Arabidopsis thaliana , Eileen Barac
Elucidating the neural circuitry underlying social spacing in Drosophila melanogaster through the lens of neuroligin 3 , Abigail T. Bechard
Development of reverse genetics tools in the two-spotted spider mite Tetranychus urticae , Nivitha Bhaskar
Post-breeding survival of adult and hatch-year Bank Swallows (Riparia riparia) in the Great Lakes region: a radio telemetry study , Christian M.M Buchanan-Fraser
Effects of 11-KT and Prolactin on Gene Expression, Parental Care Behaviour and Immune Response in Male Bluegill Sunfish. , Adriano A P da Cunha
Differential Migration Timing and the Form and Function of Avian Wings , Jessica E. Deakin
Unraveling The Evolution And Diversity Of Giant Plastid Genomes In Chlamydomonadalean Green Algae , Hager Gaouda
The effects of elevated carbon dioxide and warming on photosynthesis and growth in five boreal tree species , Julia M. Hammer
Molecular Characterization of Osmotin and Four Plasmodesmata Callose Binding Protein Homologs from Arabidopsis in Turnip Mosaic Virus Infection , Rongrong He
The detectability of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) microsatellite and mitochondrial environmental DNA , Simone N. Miklosi
Changes in peatland soil fauna biomass alter food web structure and function under warming and hydrological changes , Trevor L. Pettit
Mouse Genotyping Array-Based Analysis of Variation at Single Nucleotide Polymorphic Loci in the Context of Macro- and Micro-environments , Freda Qi
Age and Sex Differences in Stopover Behaviours and Flight Performance in Black-throated Blue Warblers , Patricia Rokitnicki
Short-term versus long-term effects of nitrogen addition and warming on ecosystem N dynamics in a grass-dominated temperate old field , Benjamin F. A. Souriol
Characterization of Etoxazole Resistance in Tetranychus urticae Populations Collected from Commercial Greenhouses & Fields in Ontario , Jeremy Spenler
Molecular identification and characterization of Heat shock protein 70 family proteins essential for Turnip mosaic virus infection in Arabidopsis thaliana , Ziwei Tang
Role and regulation of galectin-12 in the context of cellular differentiation , Rada Tazhitdinova
Random Mating in the Face of Balancing Selection at the Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I in Song Sparrows (Melospiza melodia) , Scout R.L Thompson
Recovery from social isolation in Drosophila: The role of dopamine and the autism-related gene nlg3. , Ryley T. Yost
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Effects of the Brain Nonapeptides Arginine-Vasotocin and Isotocin on Shoaling Behaviour in the Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) , Babak Ataei Mehr
Effects of methylmercury and unpredictable food stress exposure on songbirds’ physiology and seasonal transition , Claire L.J. Bottini
Gene Regulatory Context of Honey Bee Worker Sterility , Rahul Choorakkat Unnikrishnan
The Sequence-Function Relationship of Arabidopsis AROGENATE DEHYDRATASES , Emily J. Clayton
Characterization of SPL4's role in drought stress and trichome development in alfalfa , Matei A. Dan-Dobre
Cadmium Uptake in Plants as Influenced by Selenium Uptake and Sulphate Availability , Marnie J. Demand
Nitrogen transfer from cover crops to the subsequent grain crop and the influence of variability in winter conditions , Spencer Heuchan
Effects of Experimental Malaria Infection On Migration of Yellow-rumped Warblers (Setophaga coronata) , Rebecca J. Howe
Understanding the molecular mechanism of postharvest seed coat darkening in pinto beans , Nishat Shayala Islam
Characterization of galectin-16 expression and function in placental cells , Jennifer Kaminker
Using conservation genetics to inform reintroduction of the endangered Mottled Duskywing (Erynnis martialis) , Shayla Kroeze
Mechanisms of Diapause and Cold Tolerance in the Colorado Potato Beetle , Jacqueline E. Lebenzon
Effects of spatial and temporal heterogeneity on the genetic diversity of the alpine butterfly Parnassius smintheus , Mel Lucas
The Biosynthesis of Non-protein Sulfur Amino Acid in Developing Seeds of Common Bean , Zixuan Lu
Additional Sulfur Does Not Alleviate Cadmium Toxicity In Soybean , Spencer Matt
From Individuals To Communities: The Effect Of Climate Change On Ectothermic Predators , Matthew Lawrence Meehan
Temperature-Dependent Developmental Plasticity in the Cardiorespiratory System of Atlantic Salmon , Carlie A. Muir
Characterization of the Role of miR156-SPL12 Regulatory Module in Root Architecture and Stress Response in Medicago sativa (alfalfa) , Vida Nasrollahi
The impact of long-term artificial removal experiment and natural local extinctions on the genetics of an alpine butterfly , Keon Young Park
Role of HXXXD-motif acyltransferases in suberin biosynthesis , Yudelkis Indira Queralta Castillo
Spatiotemporal characterization of the prr12 paralogues in zebrafish , Renee Jeannine Resendes
Manipulating the root mycobiome to improve plant performance and reduce pathogen pressure in corn (Zea mays) , Noor F. Saeed Cheema
The role of galectins in differentiation of acute myeloid leukemia cells , Jolaine Smith
Regulation of Hedgehog and Wnt Signaling in Neural Differentiation of P19 Embryonal Carcinoma Cells , Danielle Margaret Spice
Biochemistry of trehalose accumulation in the spring field cricket, Gryllus veletis , Alyssa R. Stephens
Investigation of HD2 family histone deacetylases relationship in drought stress response and root growth in Arabidopsis thaliana , Muhammad Sufyan Tahir
Western diet-like culture conditions and oxidative stress on a cell model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease , Celina M. Valvano
Root-Inhabiting and Rhizosphere Mycobiomes and Crop Yield of Corn and Wheat , Marianna E. Wallace
MT1-MMP enhances cell survival and proliferation via roles unrelated to metabolic transcript levels in MCF7 breast cancer cells , Rachel A. Wise
Using Stable Isotope Techniques To Complement Existing Northern Pintail Management. , Dariusz Wojtaszek
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
The Effects of Silver Nanoparticles on Soybean (Glycine max) Growth and Nodulation , Paul J. Boersma
Response of the Soil Bacterial Community, Resistome, and Mobilome to a Decade of Macrolide Antibiotic Contamination , Liam Paul Brown
Screens for Phenotypic Non-Specificity of Transcription Factor Function in Drosophila melanogaster , Sheng Cheng
A genetic perspective on social insect castes: A synthetic review and empirical study , Anna M. Chernyshova
Investigating social dynamics using automated radiotracking of winter flocks of Black-capped chickadees (Poecile atricapillus) , Christopher J. Course
Long-term vs. Short-term Plant Responses to Warming and Nitrogen Addition in a Temperate Old Field , Breanna Craig
Diversity and drivers of oribatid mites (Acari: Oribatida) in boreal peatlands , Carlos Rafael de Araujo Barreto
Effects of Gene-Environment Interactions on the Evolution of Social Behaviours , Vonica J. Flear
Fear of the Human "Super-Predator" In African Mammals , Nikita R. Frizzelle
Metabolic regulation during extraembryonic endoderm differentiation , Mohamed Gatie
Hibernation is super complex: dynamics of electron transport system supercomplexes , Amalie J. Hutchinson
The Analysis of Ginsenosides in Ginseng Garden Soil , Karina Marie Kaberi
Dynamics of the Soil Microbiome in Ginseng Gardens , Megan E. Lambert
Metschnikowia mitochondria , Dong Kyung Lee
Food Caching Decisions in Canada Jays (Perisoreus canadensis) , Robert J. Martin
Insights into O-GlcNAc-mediated regulation of galectin expression and secretion in promyelocytic HL-60 cells , Adam J. McTague
Developing a toolbox to engineer quantitative trait variation in legume species using CRISPR/Cas technologies. , Petar Miletic
Kindlin-1 is involved in spreading, migration, and protein regulation in epidermal SCC-13 cells , Naomi Mishan
Evaluation of two mouse models of high genetic variation for suitability to test a heterozygote instability hypothesis , Hailie Pavanel
Evaluation of the Bioactive Properties of Peptides Derived From the Common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) , Zhujun Qiu
Mitigation of Replant Disease using Solarization in American Ginseng (Panex quinquefolius) , Andrew G. Rabas
Functional Characterization of Arogenate Dehydratase Isoforms in Soybean , Ramtin Sirjani
Short-term vs. Long-term Warming and Nitrogen Treatment Effects on Soil Carbon and Microbial Activity in a Temperate Old Field , Erica Stroud
Production of self-assembling protein nanocages and virus-like particles displaying porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus epitopes in Nicotiana benthamiana , Jordan T. VanderBurgt
Establishment of a pesticide resistance monitoring tool for the two-spotted spider mite, Tetranychus urticae , Hanna Varonina
Microplastics in White Sucker (Catostomus commersonii) and Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio) from the Upper Thames River, Ontario. , Colleen Wardlaw
Investigating mycelial-crop residue mat application to reduce early-colonizing weeds in row-crop agriculture , Donald T. Watson
Sequencing and Assembling the Nuclear Genome of the Antarctic Psychrophilic Green Alga Chlamydomonas sp. UWO241: Unravelling the Evolution of Cold Adaptation , Xi Zhang
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Behavioural And Molecular Consequences Of Postnatal Stress In A Mouse Model Of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder , Bonnie Alberry
Foliage Type Controls Mercury Input, Storage, and Release in the Boreal Forest , Madelaine J R Anderson
The effects of legacy sulphur deposition on methylmercury production in northern peatlands; geochemical and biological considerations , Jennifer L. Blythe
Heterozygosity: An Inconspicuous Meiosis-Linked Intrinsic Mutagen in Mice , Nicholas A. Boehler
Mass spectrometry identification of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) binding partners following co-immunoprecipitation in MCF-7 cells , Bradley Bork
Niche segregation among three sympatric species of swallows in southern Ontario , Kaelyn H. Bumelis
Yield improvement of a plant-made antibody against Enterohemorrhagic E. coli , Adam S. Chin-Fatt
The Role of V-ATPase in Regulating pH in the Digestive Tract of Tetranychus urticae Koch , Zoran Culo
Reactive oxygen species damage and consequences for mitochondrial function in the hibernating thirteen-lined ground squirrel, Ictidomys tridecemlineatus , Brynne Duffy
microRNA156: A Short RNA with a Major Role in Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Alfalfa , Biruk Ayenew Feyissa
Chemical Communication in Songbirds , Leanne A. Grieves
Characterization of SQUAMOSA PROMOTER BINDING PROTEIN LIKE (SPL), and its role in drought stress tolerance in Medicago sativa (alfalfa). , Alexandria K. Hanly
Investigating the Impact of Environmentally Relevant Imidazole Concentrations on the Antifungal Susceptibility and Community Composition of Soil Fungi , Farhaan Kanji
Soybean root exudates increase the physiological diversity of bacteria in cadmium-treated soil , Leily Kazemi Movahed
Differential effects of freezing on the drought tolerance of herbaceous plants at the species, community and ecosystem scales , Ricky S. Kong
Genetic basis of hybrid sterility between Drosophila pseudoobscura and D. persimilis , Alannah J.P. Mattice
Floral traits and carbon dynamics of cucumber in response to climate change , Sarah Josina McDonald
Effects of dietary thiaminase on reproductive traits in three populations of Atlantic salmon targeted for reintroduction into Lake Ontario , Kimberly T. Mitchell
Investigating the Role of Carbon Stress in the Mortality of Tamarack Seedlings Under a Warming Environment , Bridget K. Murphy
Functional Characterization of Vesicular Trafficking Genes in the Midgut of Tetranychus Urticae via RNA Interference , Sean Pham
Correlations in movement behaviour over large and small geographic scales in song sparrows (Melospiza melodia) , Christopher D. Posliff
- Accessible Formats
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Expert Gallery
- Online Journals
- eBook Collections
- Reports and Working Papers
- Conferences and Symposiums
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- Digitized Special Collections
- All Collections
- Submit Thesis/Dissertation
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Privacy | Copyright
©1878 - 2016 Western University
Edinburgh Research Archive
- ERA Home
- Biological Sciences, School of
Biological Sciences thesis and dissertation collection
By Issue Date Authors Titles Subjects Publication Type Sponsor Supervisors
Search within this Collection:
This material is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Adaptive genomics and phylogeography of guazuma ulmifolia (malvaceae) , structural and functional characterization of cenp-v: a novel glutathione-binding protein , chromosome rearrangements and population genomics , quantitative genetics of gene expression: regulatory complexity and patterns of variation , exploring an enigma: the geographic and temporal origins of the western ghats flora , spatio-temporal organisation and dynamics of centromere , investigation of the chromatin characteristics driving murine rif1s association with and compartmentalisation of late-replicating chromatin , exploring the importance of axial identity in transplantation studies using neural progenitors of specific anteroposterior identity , investigating the role of sucrose in controlling lateral root formation in arabidopsis thaliana , is mutational meltdown a threat to the mega diverse genus begonia , investigating the molecular mechanism of caffeine and antifungal resistance in schizosaccharomyces pombe epimutants , characterising the role of the sumo e3-ligase pias in heterochromatin establishment in the drosophila embryo , epigenetic signatures of chronic inflammation and their relation to brain structure and function across the lifecourse , macroevolution of virulence shifts in human-infective rna virus species , viruses and microorganisms associated with a wild community of gambian drosophilidae , phenotyping single cells of saccharomyces cerevisiae using an end-to-end analysis of high-content time-lapse microscopy , biochemical characterisation of zfr, a regulator of splicing and rna editing , characterisation of a host receptor for plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocyte rosette formation , study of how catabolite repression and ribosome levels determine cell growth in batch cultures of saccharomyces cerevisiae , investigating cell cycle control mechanisms in cd8+ effector t cells .
The School of Biological Sciences offers a senior thesis option that is available for all students. As part of this experience, students will learn about the proper way to conduct research in a classroom setting, conduct an independent research project, and communicate their results. The thesis, a written description of your work, includes the normal parts of a research paper (introduction, methods, results, figures, discussion and literature references). If you are going on to graduate school, a Senior Thesis is strongly recommended. For students applying to professional schools or even applying for a job, completing a Senior Thesis shows hard work and dedication as it's not required for graduation, but an extra effort you put into your education.
Students would generally complete BSC 196 and 197 during their freshman year, and BSC 204 in their sophomore year prior to registering for BSC 290 or 299 (Research in Biological Sciences, at least 3 hours) in their sophomore or junior years. BSC 303 (Senior Thesis) is taken in the senior year.
Completion of the thesis option is indicated on your transcripts.
A checklist of requirements is available.
Need more information? Contact Dr. Andres Vidal-Gadea
Want to see what a Senior Thesis looks like? Copies available for viewing in the School of Biological Sciences Office in 210 Julian Hall.
Thesis research in biology offers an opportunity to bring your knowledge and skills to bear on a challenging question under a faculty mentor’s guidance.
Biology 457, 458
Research posters and publications featuring Bates biology students as co-authors from Ryan Bavis’s lab.
Doing a thesis in Biology is optional for students majoring in Biology. Theses are almost always experimental and may occupy one or two semesters. Preparation for the thesis may begin in the junior year with an Independent Study (360 or s50) . While every senior is encouraged to do a thesis project, opportunities in certain fields may be limited by equipment or faculty load. Whenever possible, students should try to integrate interests with one of the Seminar and Research courses (470’s) and use the thesis as a means of continuing this work. When the student’s interest does not coincide with a Seminar and Research course, a one or two semester thesis can be used to pursue this interest. If this is the case, consult with the faculty member whose interests are closest to yours and determine if he or she is willing and able to advise your project. You must submit a one page proposal in early January of your junior year (see Capstone Requirement ) for approval by your thesis adviser and by the Department. Formal, referenced, thesis proposals are generally due early in the semester in which you begin thesis enrollment; the specific due date is set in consultation with your adviser. Some advisers may require a proposal to be submitted the prior semester. By College policy, thesis work must be done in residence (the Biology department includes field locations of Faculty members). Students may do research projects at other locations, but if they wish to incorporate it in a thesis, they MUST make prior arrangements with a Bates faculty member to oversee this work (see Thesis Credit Policies .)
Majors and minors, course schedules, request info, application requirements, faculty directory, student profile.
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
100 Best Biology Topics For Academic Writing
The importance of choosing interesting biology research topics comes down to the impact your assignments will make on your audience. In most cases, you will be writing with only one reader in mind – the instructor. And as this person likely sees hundreds of biology topics each school year you need to make sure you stand out as much as possible. Here are 100 biology topics for research that are sure to get your work noticed and improve your chances of earning a top grade. You can also check out our bioethics topics .
Biology Topics for High School
If you need some biology dissertation help and are looking for easy biology research topics for high school assignments, these ideas will meet most requirements without causing too much stress:
- Can Ebola be used as a biological weapon?
- How do biological genes affect depression?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for humans?
- Is human cloning a moral issue?
- How does cloning affect health medicine?
Hot Topics in Biology
This is a list of the current “hot” topics in the field and will certainly capture your audience’s attention:
- Why are abortion issues so controversial in the U.S.?
- How has gene molecular biology shifted in the last decade?
- Can enhanced antibodies help curb COVID-19 cases?
- Is immortality a realistic goal for humans?
- Why is abortion a bigger issue in the U.S. than in Europe?
Very Interesting Biology Topics
These current topics in developmental biology cover the most interesting ideas in this growing area of science:
- Can people rely on their dreams when making recollections?
- Does the Covid-19 pandemic affect medical funding?
- What is the difference between cellular function and structure?
- What is the difference between natural and planned selection?
- In what ways did evolution theory chance biology science?
Biology Research Paper Topics
Biology research is an area of study that is constantly changing. New studies come up every year and it’s important to stay up-to-date with the following issues:
- What are animals that don’t die of natural causes?
- What is the origin of human cloning?
- What are the basic principles of cloning in humans?
- Is it possible for domestic wild animals?
- Does human genetics cause obesity?
Current AP Biology Topics
AP tests have focused a lot on evolutionary biology research paper topics and this set of questions will help you prepare for the advanced placement test:
- Medicinal marijuana as a means to aid pain?
- How does rapid plan DNA change affect humans?
- What is cell tissue engineering?
- What are the most promising regenerative medicine treatments?
- What is meant by therapeutic cloning?
Molecular Biology Topics
Need topics on molecular biology issues? These five topics represent the latest research on this subject:
- Are humans naturally frugivores or omnivores?
- What are the ethical issues surrounding cloning?
- What are the biological reasons behind food intolerances?
- How can hypertrophy be enhanced in the body?
- What impact on the cellular level do sunburns have?
Biology IA Topics for 2010
The following good research topics for biology are excellent for students that do not have the time to conduct in-depth research:
- Does following a paleo diet help athletes perform?
- Does drinking more water prevent serious sunburns?
- What are the three evolutionary branches?
- How does sleep and wake cycles affect learning?
- In what ways is the brain affected by music?
Biology Topics for Presentation
- How is metabolism affected by physical exercise?
- Describe the study of behavior in birds.
- Are bees in veritable danger of becoming extinct?
- What impact does deforestation have on the biosphere?
- Is it possible for the brain to heal itself?
More IB Biology IA Topics
Advanced placement tests in this field require high-level responses on a variety of popular biology research topics. Check these out:
- How does climate change affect biodiversity?
- What are the benefits of organic farming?
- What is bioluminescence and can it be used?
- How is insulin created in the body?
- What is the relationship between cancer and telomerase?
Biology Debate Topics
These topics in biology are perfect for anyone who wants to leave a lasting impression on the reader:
- Do sports help improve humans’ biological makeup?
- How is the translation of reprobation affected by cell biology?
- Does the human body function when he or she is in a coma?
- Define the levels of molecular biology.
- How does cell manipulation affect the growth hormone?
Research Topics in Biology for Undergraduates
This group of interesting biology topics for presentation deals with what we use to understand how humans act and react:
- Is the DNA from amber a way to clone prehistoric animals?
- What is the resistance capacity of the immune system?
- How does a malfunction to the immune system increase risk?
- How do allergic reactions cause asthma in some people?
- What are the benefits of vaccination?
Biology Project Topics
These topic ideas can also make a great impression on your teacher, even though they are not controversial.
- How does stress affect the human immune system?
- How does cell structure affect resistance to antibodies?
- How do human hormones affect depression levels?
- What are the limitations of transplantation?
- What are the biological insights on abortion?
Marine Biology Topics
These marine biology research topics are ideal for college-level students and up:
- What are the biggest sea challenges to marine life?
- How does economic stability affect sea life?
- What sustainable acts can be attributed to marine science?
- Ancient sea life presents a look toward modern life.
- What impact does the study of marine development have in the field?
Biology Topics to Write About
These ideas cover a wide range of study areas perfect for a graduate course where students can introduce biology issues:
- How is feminist ideology related to abortion and biology?
- What are the different types of cloning in existence today?
- Describe the history of cloning in the United States?
- What do we know about organisms with modified DNA?
- How effective is DNA-based cloning in the medical field?
Cell Biology Research Topics
These excellent human biology topics are ideal of long research projects in college or graduate school:
- Are microbial factories the answers to a shortage of raw metals?
- How does the U.S. affect international abortion opinions?
- Describe the advancements of extra-cellular matrix biology study?
- How does the study of cell biology aid in fighting Alzheimer’s?
- What are the negative effects of using antibiotics?
Biology Paper Topics
These ideas focus on the changing ways that media has changed the way we handle global affairs in biology:
- How does the study of antibodies help with the Covid-19 crisis?
- In what ways does physical trauma affect cells in the body?
- Can we use cell regeneration to build antibodies?
- What is bio-diesel and how is it created?
- What are the implications of coral reef biology?
Biology Research Topics for College Students
Looking for exciting cell biology topics? This collection is great for college students getting into this field of study:
- What changes to medicine are possible with cloning?
- Can restructuring DNA help fight the effects of aging?
- How does a proper diet for pets affect their health?
- How does miscarriage affect women’s health?
- What are the best cancer treatments today?
Biology Topics List
This list of topics in biology caters to the college undergraduate community of students:
- What are the ethical questions related to human cloning?
- What are the implications of the second wave of Covid-19?
- What is the best way to fight global pandemics?
- What are the most effective ways of slowing the aging process?
- How does regular exercise postpone aging in adults?
Controversial Biology Topics
Controversy can turn heads and these cool biology topics will attract your readers’ attention:
- What are the biggest threats related to salmonella?
- What is the study of laparotomy?
- What impact does BMI have on injuries?
- What is the link between environmental pollution and cancer rates?
- How does cellular health affect mental health?
Biology Essay Topics
These five biology research topics are for graduate-level students, catering specifically to those in top programs around the country:
- What evidence is there of a pandemic that can wipe out half of the world’s population?
- What is the most effective way of fighting an endemic?
- Is it possible to increase brainpower?
- How can humans fight disease with altered DNA?
- What impact does clean water have in preventing disease?
Choosing original and interesting topics is the key to writing a great biology thesis or research paper. We understand that this doesn’t always come easy to students – no matter what their educational level – so we’ve created this list to inspire ideas or to be used as-is. If you need fresh biology research topics you may want to contact our support staff for ideas catered towards your specific assignment needs.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- How It Works
212 Unique Biology Research Topics For Students And Researchers
Every student studying something related to biology — botany, marine, animal, medicine, molecular or physical biology, is in an interesting field. It’s a subject that explores how animate and inanimate objects relate to themselves. The field unveils the past, the present, and what lies in the future of the relationship between the living and nonliving things. This is precisely why you need custom and quality biology topics for your college and university essay or project. It’ll make it easy to brainstorm, research, and get to writing straight away. Before the deep dive, what is biology?
What Is Biology?
Everyone knows it’s the scientific study of life, but beyond that, biology facilitates the comprehension of living and nonliving things. It’s a branch that explores their anatomy, behavior, distribution, morphology, and physiology.
For example, it understands how genes are classified and constituted into generations. It encompasses various branches, including botany, medicine, genetics, ecology, marine biology, zoology, and molecular biology. Here are what some of these mean:
Botany: This study of plants examines their structure, physiology, ecology, economic importance, and distribution, among others. It also deals with their biochemical processes, properties, and social interactions between plants. It extends to how plants are vital for human life, survival, and growth and how they play a significant role in stabilizing environmental health. Zoology: Zoology studies animal behavior, brain, structure, physiology, class, and distribution. It’s the general study of the lives of both living and extinct animals. It explains animal classification, the animal kingdom, evolution, habitat, embryology, and life span. Physiology: Physiology deals with the daily functions of the human body: How it works and the factors that make it work. It examines molecular behavior, the chemistry and physics behind locomotion, and how the cells in the living organisms’ body function. It helps understand how humans and animals get sick and what can be done to alleviate pain. Microbiology: Dealing with microorganisms, it examined how viruses, algae, fungi, bacteria, protozoa, and slime molds become parts of human life. They’re regarded as microbes, which play substantial roles in the human biochemical processes, including climate change, biodegradation, biodeterioration, food spoilage, biotech, and epidemiology. Marine Biology: This is the scientific study of organs in the sea. It understands their family classification, how they survive, and what makes wild marine animals different from domesticated and consumable ones. It also explores their interaction with the environment through several processes. The marine biologist studies marines in their natural environment, collects data on their characteristics, human impact on their living, and how they relate with themselves.
Now that you know all these, here are some custom biology topics to research for your university or college essay and paper.
Controversial Biology Topics
There are many controversial subjects in every field, and biology isn’t exempt from controversy. If you’d like to create an original essay through diverse opinions, here are biology topics for you:
- What are your thoughts on the post-Roe V Wade world?
- How can the post-Roe V Wade policy affect developing countries looking up to America for their laws?
- Abortion and feminism: discuss
- Does saving life justify cloning?
- Explain the principle of abortion in medical practice
- The effects of cloning in medicine
- How does genetics contribute to obesity?
- Explain why a parent could have Hepatitis B virus and only one of five offspring have the virus
- Is homosexuality really in the gene?
- How does depression correlate with genetics?
- Additives and how they affect the genes
- Examine how genetic mutations work
- Discuss the grounds that you could prove for legalizing human cloning
- Which is more immoral: Human or animal cloning?
- How is nanotechnology different from biotechnology?
- Discuss the manifestation of nanotechnology in science
- Explain three instances where public opinion has held back scientific inventions
- How does transgenic crop work?
- Would you say genetically modified food is safe for consumption?
- Explain why sexual abuse leads to trauma.
Biology Research Paper Topics
You’d need to write an extensive paper on biology one day. This could be when you’re in your final year in college or the university or submitting to a competition. You’d need Biology topics to research for brainstorming, and here are 30 of them:
- Stem cells and tissue formation processes
- Why are there different congenital disabilities?
- Mixtures in anticancer drugs?
- What are the complexities of existing HIV drugs?
- What is the contribution of chemotherapy to cancer?
- Examine the chemotherapy process and why it doesn’t work for some patients.
- Explain the origin of developmental diseases
- How do germs affect the cells?
- What are the consequences of the sun on the white person’s and black person’s skin?
- Why are some diseases treatable through drugs while some are not?
- Scientific lessons learned from COVID-19 and ideas to tackle the next virus
- If animals are carriers of the virus, what should be done to them?
- Examine five animals in extinction and what led to it
- Discuss the subject of endangered species and why people should care
- Is a plant-based diet sustainable for human health?
- Account for the consequence of living on Mars on human health
- Discuss the inconveniences involved in space travel
- How does space flight contribute to environmental disasters
- Discuss the emergence of leukemia
- Explain how the immune systems in humans work
- Evaluate the factors that weaken the immunological system
- What would you consider the deadliest virus?
- Autoimmune: what is it, origin and consequences
- Immune disorder: origin and how it affects the body
- Does stress affect the ability to have sex?
- Contribution of vaccine to eradicating disease: Discuss
- What are the complexities in taking the Hepatitis B vaccine while being positive?
- Allergies: why do humans have them?
- DNA modification: how does it work?
- Explain the misconceptions about the COVID-19 vaccines.
Interesting Biology Topics
Biology doesn’t have to be boring. Different aspects of biology could be fun to explore, especially if you’ve had a flair for the study since your elementary school classes. You can either write an essay or paper with the following interesting biology research topics:
- Human emotions and conflicts with their intellectual intelligence
- Emotions: Its influence on art and music and how the perception of art influences the world
- The consequences of marijuana and alcohol on teenagers
- Compare and contrast how alcohol affects teenagers and adults
- Discuss the contributions of neuroscience to the subject of emotional pain
- Explain how the brain process speech
- Discuss the factors that cause autism
- Explain what is meant when people say humans are animals
- Why do scientists say humans are pessimists?
- Factors contributing to the dopamine levels human experience
- How does isolation affect the human brain?
- What factors contribute to instinctive responses?
- Noise pollution: how it affects living organisms
- Fire ecology: The contributions of plants to fire outbreak
- Explain the science behind how hot temperature, soil, and dry grass start a fire
- Microbes: what do you understand by bioremediation?
- Explain urban ecology and the challenges it pokes to solve
- Discuss how excessive internet usage affects the human memory
- Evaluate how conservation biology contributes to the extinction prevention efforts
- Discuss the role of satellites and drones in understanding the natural world
- Why do we need space travel and studies?
- Explain the limitations of limnology studies
- What are infectious-disease-causing agents all about?
- Discuss what epigenetics studies encompass
- Why is cancer research essential to the world?
- Discuss climate change: Governments are not interested, and there is no alternative
- How is behavioral science studies a core part of the understanding of the world?
- Discuss the issues with genetic engineering and why it’s a challenge
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in the arguments for a plant-based diet
- Create a survey amongst students of biology asking why they chose to study the course.
Biology Research Topics For College Students
If you find any of the above beyond your intellectual and Research capacity, here are some topics you can handle. You can use these for your essays, projects, quizzes, or competitions. These custom yet popular biology research topics will examine famous personalities and other discourse in biology:
- Effects of the human hormone on the mind
- Why do men get erect even when they’re absentminded?
- How does women’s arousal work?
- How can melatonin be valuable for therapy?
- Risky behavior: Hormones responsible for the risk
- Stem and cloning: what is the latest research on the subject?
- Hormones: changes in pregnancy
- Why do pregnant women have an appetite for random and remote things?
- The role of physical activities in hormone development
- Examine the benefits and threats of transgenic crops
- The fight against COVID-19: assess current successes
- The fight against smallpox: assess current successes
- The fight against HIV: history, trends, and present research
- Discuss the future of prosthetic appliances
- Examine the research and the future of mind-controlled limbs
- What does cosmetic surgery mean, and why is it needed?
- Analyze the meaning and process of vascular surgery
- Discuss the debate around changes in genital organs for males and females in transgender bodies
- How do donors and organ transplants work?
- Account for the work of Dr. Malcom E Miller
- Discuss the contribution of Charles Darwin to human evolution
- Explain the trends in biomedicine
- Discuss the functions of x-rays in botany
- Assess the most efficient systems for wildlife preservation
- Examine how poverty contributes to climate hazards
- Discuss the process involved in plant metabolism
- The transformation of energy into a living thing: discuss
- Prevention for sexually transmitted disease: What are the misconceptions?
- Analyze how the human body reacts to poison
- Russian Poisoning: What are the lessons scientists must learn?
- COVID-19: Discuss the efforts by two or three governments to prevent the spread
- Discuss the contributions of Pfizer during the pandemic.
Marine Biology Research Topics
This subject explains orgasms in the sea, how they survive, and their interaction with their environment. If you have a flair for this field, the following Biology research topics may interest you:
- Discuss what quantitative ecology through modeling means
- Smallest diatoms and marine logistics: discuss
- How is the shark studied?
- Acidification of seas: Causes and consequences
- Discuss the concept of the immortality of Jellyfishes
- Discuss the differences between seawater and freshwater in marine study
- Account for some of the oldest marine species
- Discuss the evolution of the deep sea
- Explain whales’ communication techniques
- What does plankton ecology encompass?
- The importance of coral reefs to seawater
- Challenges that encompass geological oceanography
- How tourism affects natural animal habitat
- Discuss some instances of the domestication of wild marine animals
- Coastal zone: pros and cons of living in such areas
- How do sharks perceive enemies?
- Analyze why some animals can live in water but can’t live on land
- Explain how plants survive in the sea
- Compare and contrast the different two species of animals in the water
- How can marine energy be generated, stored, and used?
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Focusing on the construct of cells and analysis of their composition, it understands the alteration and maintenance of cellular processes. If you’d like to focus on molecular biology, here are 15 good biology research topics for you:
- Ethical considerations in molecular genetics
- Discuss the structure and component of the gene
- Examine the restrictions in DNA
- What are the peculiarities in modern nucleic acid analysis
- What goes into the Pharmaceutical production of drugs
- Evaluate the building blocks of life
- Discuss the systems of RNA translation to protein
- PCR: How DNA is tested and analyzed
- Why is prion disease so dangerous?
- Compare and contrast recessive genes vs. dominant genes
- Can there be damage to the human DNA, and can it be repaired?
- Constraints in the research of microarray data analysis
- Protein purification: How it evolves
- Objectives of nucleic acid
- Explain the structure of a prion.
Biology Research Topics For High School
Your teachers and professors will be awed if you create impeccable essays for your next report. You need to secure the best grades as you move closer to graduation, and brainstorming any of these popular biology research topics will help:
- Identify the most endangered species
- The challenges to animal extinction
- What are the things everyone should know about sea life?
- Discuss the history of genetics
- Explain the biological theory of Charles Darwin
- How did the lockdown affect social interaction?
- Why do some people refuse the vaccine?
- Origin of genetics
- What is animal hunting, and why is it fashionable
- Explain the evolution of a virus
- Role of lockdown in preventing deaths and illnesses
- Invasive species: What does it mean?
- Endangered animals: How do they survive in the face of their hazards?
- Lockdown and their role in reducing coronavirus transmission
- Vaccine distribution: Ideas for global distribution
- Why can viruses become less virulent?
- Discuss the evolution of the world
- Explain the evolution of the planet
- Explain what Elon Musk means when he says life on Mars is possible
- What does herd immunity mean?
- Flu: why is there a low incidence in 2020?
- Relationship between archaeology and biology
- Antiviral drug: What it means
- Factors leading to the evolution of humans
- Give instances of what natural selection means
- What is considered the dead branches of evolution
- Whale hunting: What it means and the present trends
- Who is Stephen Jay, and what is his role in paleontology?
- Origin of diseases: why must humans fall sick?
- Why are humans called higher animals?
Human Biology Research Topics
Human biology understands humans and their relationship between themselves and their environment. It also studies how the body works and the impediments to health. Here are some easy biology research topics to explore on the subject:
- How do gut bacteria affect the brain?
- What are the ethical concerns around organ transplants?
- The consequence of alcohol on the liver
- The consequences of extreme salt on the human body
- Why do humans need to deworm regularly?
- The relationship between obesity and genetics
- Genetically modified foods: Why are they needed?
- How sun exposure affects human skin
- Latest trends: Depression is hereditary
- Influence of music on the human brain
- What are the stages of lung cancer
- Forensic DNA: latest trends
- How visual consumptions affect how humans think
- What is the process that leads to pregnancy?
- Explain the role of nanotechnology in HIV research
- Discuss any experiment with stem cells you know about
- Explain how humans consume food
- Discuss the process of metabolism as well as its criticality to human health
- Explore the consistent challenges technology poses to human health
- Explain the process of body decay to a skeleton.
Cell Biology Research Topics
There are many evolutionary biology research paper topics formed not by the nomenclature but for what they stand for. Cell biology is one of the most complex branches of the field. It examines minor units and the living organisms that make them up. The focus is on the relationship between the cytoplasm, membrane, and parts of the cell. Here are some topics to explore for your scientific dissertation writing:
- How does chromatin engage in the alterations of gene expression?
- What are the usual cell infections, and why does the body have immunity defections?
- Identify and account for the heritage of Robert Brown in his core career focus
- Explain the structure of the animal cell and why It’s what it is
- Identify the cells in the human body as well as their functions
- Explain a scenario and justify the context of animals photosynthesizing like plants
- Why do bacteria invade the body, and how do they do it?
- Why are mitochondria considered the powerhouse of the cell
- Use the molecular analysis tool to explain multicellular organisms
- Examine how the White blood cells fight disease
- What do you understand about the role of cell biology in the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- What are the latest research methods in cell biology?
- Identify the characteristics of viruses and why they threaten human existence.
- Discuss the differences between DNA and RNA
- What part of the body is responsible for human functionality for as long as the individual wants?
Get Biology Research Help As Soon As Possible
Creating the best essays or papers is easier now that you have custom biology research topics. However, you may still need support writing your paper beyond these topic ideas. After all, the first stage of writing like experts is brainstorming ideas and researching which is most feasible to write about. If you truly want to wow your professor or teacher but can’t afford to dedicate all the required time, here’s an alternative. You can hire writing helpers online for quality papers at a cheap price, and we can help with that. We are a team of writers with many years of writing experience for students in Europe and North America. You can even buy thesis online with us, as well as editing services . Each paper is assigned to writers with expertise in a specific field. This enables them to provide in-depth analysis as your assignment requires. We’re based online, which means you won’t have issues with accessibility and availability. Just tell us what you need, and we will get it done.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
150 Actual Biology Research Paper Topics
05 May 2022
❔What Is Biology?
✍️How to Choose a Topic?
✒️Biology Research Paper Topics :
- Immune System
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Abortion, Human cloning, Genetic Researches
- Environmental and Ecology
- Plant Pathology
Biology is one of the most magnetic fields of study these days. If you want to be a biologist or scientist in the future, there is no better time to start than right now. Biology research topics covered in this article will keep you busy and interested. Writing a research paper is one of the best ways to dip your toes into the field. Before doing that, you need to know some good topics for the research paper . They should be suitable for biology students rather than cutting-edge researchers. On Papersowl.com , we provide as many biology research paper examples as possible so that you have a huge choice.
Is writing essays your hobby?
Participate in our "Independence Day of the United States" essay writing competition and get a 12-month Quizlet subscription.
- Deadline: July 24, 2023
- Topic: Declaration of Independence
- Language: English
- Length: 1000-5000 words
- Font size: 11 or 12
What Is Biology? What Topics Might Biologists Study?
Biology is simply the study of everything that has a form of life. It includes investigations on plants, animals, and everything found in the environment. It is about studying how life forms grow, develop, and interact with each other. Biology essay topics for research encompass all these and more.
This science uncovers many fields where various life forms are studied. It makes sense to look through these fields to help you decide which suits you the best.
Plant Biology research topics are about studying the plants around us. They disclose information about their existence as a part of the ecosystem, their life cycle, resources they can give us, their ability to preserve them from climate changes, and so on. There are many ideas to choose from, but you must focus on a specific one.
Human Biology research topics are all about us. These topics focus on different body parts, such as the human brain, the human immunological system, the nervous system, etc. In addition, you can discuss DNA modifications in humans and explain why genetic disorders occur in your research projects. Various cell research is also common today.
Biology research topics on the environment are in great demand too. For example, climate change is becoming a more significant threat every day. By studying environmental topics in biology for projects and research, we can come up with ways to combat them and preserve ecosystems.
Microbiology research topics delve into things we can’t see. There are trillions of microbes and bacteria all around us. Knowing about them is essential to understanding what makes us sick and how to fight against them. All microbiology research paper topics are pretty complicated yet very engaging to include in your paper research.
Molecular biology topics dive even deeper into the level of atoms and molecules. The various medicines and drugs we take were all created through molecular-biology research. It is one of the areas full of ideas, but there is yet to be much evidence. Science is advancing in this realm but still needs a lot of time. Topics of molecular biology will need days for research only.
Keep in mind that there are more ideas and variations of this science. We offer more examples in further sections of the article about developmental biology, marine biology, evolutionary biology, etc. Explore them and make your writing appealing and meaningful in the eyes of a professor.
Need help with writing a research paper?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
How to Choose a Topic for Biology Research Paper?
When choosing a biology project topic, you must be aware of one or more fields of science. Biology research is critical to the present world. By doing research, we can learn more about genetic disorders, immune disorders, mental health, natural disease resistance, etc. Knowing about each of these could save lives in the future.
For those who may not have the time or resources to do their own research, there are research paper writing services that can provide assistance with the project. And we are always here to help you find your own topic among interesting biology research topics. Here we prepared some useful tips to follow.
- Tip 1: The level of interest matters Pay attention to one that interests you, and you might have ideas on how to develop the topic. Passion is fundamental in research, after all.
- Tip 2: Explore the topic Try to narrow things down a bit. If the topic is too broad, you may not be able to cover all aspects of it in one research paper. If it is too narrow, the paper could end up too short. Analyze the topic and the ways to approach it. By doing so, you can strike a balance between the two.
- Tip 3: Discover the recent developments To make your research paper touchable with the present day, you must explore the latest developments in the field. You can find out what kind of research has been done recently by looking at journals. Check out research papers, topics, research articles, and other sources.
- Tip 4: Ensure to get enough resources When choosing a topic, make sure it has plenty of resources available. For example, a research paper on xenobiology or cutting-edge nanobiology might sound attractive. Still, you might have difficulties getting data and resources for those unless you are a researcher at a government lab. Data, resources, complex numbers, and statistics are all invaluable to writing a paper about these topics.
That is why we have selected a range of biological topics. The topics on this list are all hopefully exciting topics for research you could write an excellent paper on. We should also add that easy biology topics to research are rare, and a writer usually needs days to prepare and start writing. Yes, biology research topics for high school students are a bit easier, but still, they need time to explore them.
On the other hand, biology research topics for college students are far more complex and detailed. Some people prefer evolutionary biology research paper topics, and we can agree with this claim. These research areas do have a lot of potential and a lot of data to support the claims. Others prefer cell biology research topics that are a bit specific and fun. Anyway, with this article's list of easy biology research topics, you will surely find the one matching your interest.
For those who may not have the time or resources to do their own research, there are provide assistance with the project.
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
Top Research Biology Paper Topics
This section contains a large selection of research biology paper topics. You will be able to find one that will suit you the best. The only thing left is to decide what variation of science you prefer. Whether you're interested in microbiology, genetics, or any other type of science, you'll find a topic to get you started. If you’re ever stuck or need some extra help, you can always pay someone to write your paper for you. So, take a look, and choose the perfect topic for your project!
15 Developmental Biology Topics For Research
Exploring the processes of how cells grow and develop is exciting. The human body contains millions of cells, and it’s interesting to research their behavior under different conditions. If you feel like writing about it, you can find some interesting biology topics below.
- How do stem cells form different tissues?
- How are tumors formed?
- Duplication of genomes
- Plasticity of development
- Different birth defects
- Interactions between genes and the environment
- Anticancer drugs mixtures
- Developmental diseases: Origin
- Drosophila Oogenesis
- Most deadly viruses
- Most deadly bacteria in the world
- How do germs affect cells?
- How does leukemia start?
- Development of the cardiovascular system in children
- How do autoimmune diseases start and affect the human body?
15 Immune System Biology Research Topics
For decades, many scientists and immunologists have studied the human immune system and tried to explain its reaction to various pathogens. This area allows you to deepen into it and reveal how a body protects itself from harmful impact. Look over the biology research questions below and find your match-up.
- How does the human body’s immune system work?
- The human immune system: How to strengthen it?
- What makes the immunological system weaker?
- The notion of auto-immune diseases and their effect on the body’s immune system
- The global HIV/aids epidemic
- What methods are used to prevent the spread of hives?
- Living with auto-immune diseases
- Genetics and the immune system: effects and consequences
- How do immune disorders affect the body, and what causes them?
- Are allergies signs of worrying about an immune disorder?
- DNA modification in solving immune disorders
- Stress as the biggest ruiner of the immunological system
- Vaccines as strong supporters of the immunological system
- The perception of vaccines in society
- Why do some people refuse vaccines and put others around them in danger?
15 Cell Biology Research Topics
Cell study might seem challenging yet very engaging. It will be a good idea to compare various types of cells and compare them in animals and plants. Make your choice from the list of cell biology research topics below.
- The structure of an animal cell
- Mitochondria and its meaning in cell development
- Cells classification and their functions
- Red blood cells and their function in transporting oxygen
- White blood cells and their responsibility to fight diseases
- How are plant cells different from animal cells?
- What would it be if animals had a function to photosynthesize?
- Single-celled organisms: What is it, and how do they work?
- What processes do cells go through in division?
- Invasion of bacteria into the body
- Viruses – alive or not?
- Fungi: their reproduction and distribution
- Cancer cells: Why are they so dangerous?
- What methods are used to kill cancer cells?
- The role of stem cells and their potential in a body
Build your thesis statement
This is AI-powered online tool that lets you create a thesis statement about any topic you need.
- Simple interface
- Works with any type of paper
- Absolutely free
- Unlimited attempts
15 DNA Research Topics
The variety of biology research topics for college students might impress you a lot. This is a science with a large field of investigation, disclosing much scientific information to use in your project. The notion of DNA and its gist are also excellent options to write about.
- The structure of the human DNA
- The main components of a DNA chain
- Why does DNA have a double-helix spiral structure?
- The purpose of chromosomes
- MRNA and its relation to DNA
- Do single-celled organisms have DNA?
- Do viruses have DNA?
- What happens if you have too many or too few chromosomes?
- Analyzing the structure of DNA using computers
- Uses for the DNA of extinct organisms like mammoths and dinosaurs
- Storing non-genetic information in DNA
- Can you write a computer program into human DNA?
- How does radiation affect DNA?
- Modifying DNA to treat aids
- Can we fight cancer through DNA modification?
15 Molecular Biology Research Topics
Do you prefer to research molecules' chemical and physical composition? We gathered some molecular biology research topics to make your choice easier.
- The structure and components of a gene
- How do molecules move in and out of a cell?
- The basic building blocks of life
- How are drugs designed for humans?
- How is a vaccine designed to target a specific disease?
- Dominant genes vs. recessive genes
- Prion disease – why is it so dangerous?
- Hormones and their function in the body
- Developing artificial hormones from other animals
- How to carry out a western blot?
- Testing and analyzing DNA using PCR
- The three-dimensional structure of a molecule
- What is DNA transcription, and how is it used?
- The structure of a prion
- What is the central dogma of molecular biology?
15 Neurobiology Research Topics
The more you dive into science, the more exciting things you find. That’s about biology. Here, you can choose biology research topics for high school and try to reveal more simply.
- Nervous system: its structure and function
- Neurons as unique cells playing a central role in the nervous system
- What is the maximum reaction speed in a human?
- Reaction speed: how to improve it?
- Research on Organic Farming
- What are the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease?
- Why do we feel happy or sad?
- Headaches in terms of Neurobiology
- What are the reasons for neurobiological degeneration?
- Myths and reality of Amnesia
- What causes Alzheimer’s Disease, and what are the consequences of the disease?
- What is the treatment for Spinal Cord Injury?
- Studies on Narcolepsy and Insomnia: What are the causes?
- Is there a connection between Mental Health and Neurobiology?
- Emotions in terms of their reflection in the brain
15 Abortion, Human cloning, and Genetic Researches Topics
There are so many scientific researches and theories that society accepts or neglects. You can operate different notions and try to explain them, reflecting their advantages and downsides for a human being. We gathered some enticing life science research topics for high school students that might interest you.
- The controversy around abortion: legal or not?
- Can abortion be safe?
- Human cloning – reality vs. science-fiction
- The goals of cloning humans
- Are human cloning and transplantation ethical?
- Having a “perfect child” through gene therapy: Is it a myth?
- How far has gene therapy gone in genetic research?
- Advantages and disadvantages of gene therapy
- How gene therapy can help beat cancer
- How gene therapy can eliminate diabetes
- The opportunity to edit genes by CRISPR
- DNA modifications in humans to enhance our abilities – an ethical dilemma
- Will expensive gene therapy widen the gap between the rich and the poor?
- Cloning: the good and the Bad for a Generation
- The disadvantages of cloning
Don't let plagiarism ruin your grade
Check the originality of a paper with just a couple of clicks.
- Free unlimited checks
- Accurate results
- All common file formats
- Intuitive interface
15 Environmental and Ecology Topics for Your Research
The nature around us is so enormous and includes many branches to investigate. If you are keen on the environment and how ecology affects it, the list of follow-up biology paper topics might be helpful to you.
- The theory of evolution
- How does natural selection work?
- How do living organisms adapt to their environment?
- The concept of divergent and convergent evolution
- Building a sustainable environment
- Development of environment-friendly cities
- How to control population growth?
- Why have recycling resources become so essential in the modern world?
- The effect of plastic on the environment
- What are the global consequences of deforestation?
- What can we expect when losing biodiversity?
- Ecological damage: How to prevent it?
- How can GMO products affect ecology?
- Cloning endangered or extinct species: Is it a good idea?
- Is climate change the main reason for disrupting ecology?
15 Plant Pathology Biology Research Topics
Many factors impact human health and the quality of food products matters. These easy biology research topics will be useful if you want to describe the connection between those two concepts.
- How do plants protect themselves from diseases?
- How to increase the plant’s resistance to diseases?
- Diseases distribution among plants
- The banana pandemic
- How do herbicides influence plants?
- Corn blight
- Can any plant diseases affect humans?
- The issue of stem rust and its impact on wheat
- What approaches are used to struggle against invasive plants and affected weeds?
- Fertilizers: their pros and cons on plants
- Plant disease genetics: its system and structure
- What is the connection between ecological changes and plant diseases?
- Modifications on food production because of plant diseases
- How do fungal and viral diseases appear in plants?
- The sweet potato virus
15 Animals Biology Research Topics
It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t like animals. If you are curious about animals scientifically, here you are with biology research paper topics in this field.
- Classification of animals
- Land-based life: its evolution history
- Controversies about keeping animals as pets
- Is it ethical to test drugs and products on animals?
- Why do nature reserves against zoos?
- Evidence on prehistoric aquatic animals growing giant
- What species of animals are vegan?
- Animals and their social behavior
- Primate behavior
- How intelligent can other primates be?
- Are wolves and dogs intelligent?
- Domesticating animals
- Hibernation in animals
- Why animals migrate
- Should we bring back extinct animals?
More than just a spell check
Editors on PapersOwl can edit your paper and give recommendations on how to improve your writing:
- Sentence structure
- Academic style
15 Marine Biology Research Topics
The marine theme is engaging as it reveals so many interesting facts about life forms dwelling under the water. You can make your paper look captivating using biology topics in marine below.
- How acidification affects aquatic environments
- Evolution in the deep sea
- What’s the meaning of camouflage mechanism in sea life?
- Consequences of oil spills on marine life
- Oldest marine species
- How do whales communicate with each other?
- How blind fish navigate
- Are marine shows and aquariums ethical?
- The biology and life cycle of seabirds
- How jellyfish are immortal
- Plankton ecology
- Difference between freshwater and seawater marine life
- Coral reefs: their importance and evolution
- Saving and restoring coral reefs
- Life in the deep-sea ocean trenches
15 Zoology Research Topics
Zoology can be an excellent choice to write about if you are close to animal studies. Look at biology topics to research and choose the one that fits your interest most.
- Asian elephants and human speech patterns
- Oyster genomes and adaptation
- Darwin’s work in the Galápagos Islands
- Asian carp: Invasive species analysis
- Giant squids: Fact vs. fiction
- Coyote and wolf hybrid species in the United States
- Parasites and disease
- Migration patterns of killer bees
- The treatment of species in Melville’s Moby Dick
- Biodiversity and plankton
- The role of camels and the development of Africa and the Middle East
- Muskellunge and adaptive creek mechanisms to small water
- Ants and cooperative behavior among species
- Animal communication and the origin of language
- Speech in African Gray Parrots
15 Genetics Research Topics
Writing about modifications caused on the gene level is pretty challenging but very fascinating. You can select one among the biological questions for research and bring up a meaningful paper.
- Genetics and its role in cancer studies
- Can genetic code be confidential?
- Is it possible to choose the sex of a person before birth?
- Genetics as a ray of hope for children with an intellectual disability
- What factors in human genetics affect behavior?
- Is it somehow possible to improve human personality through genetics?
- Are there any living cells in the gene?
- Fighting HIV with gene mutations
- Genetic mutations
- How addictive substances affect genes
- Genetic testing: is it necessary?
- Cloning: positive or negative outcome for future generations
- Pros and cons of genetic engineering
- Is the world ready for the bioethics revolution?
- The linkage between genetics and obesity
15 Biotechnology Research Topics
The way scientists conduct research today is magnificent. Implementing high-tech innovations in biology research brings new opportunities to study the world. What are these opportunities? Explore biotechnology research topics for college students and disclose the best options for you.
- Biotechnology used in plant research
- What is the contribution of biotechnology to food?
- Pharmacogenetics: What is it, and how it works?
- How are anti-cancer drugs produced to be effective?
- Nanotechnology in DNA: How to isolate it?
- Recent nanotechnology used in HIV treatment
- What biotech apps are used to detect foodborne pathogens in food systems?
- Genotypes research: Why are they tolerant and sensitive to heavy metal?
- High-tech solutions in diagnosing cancer
- Forensic DNA and its latest developments
- Metabolic changes at the level of cells
- Nanotechnology in improving treatments for respiratory viruses
- The latest biotech discoveries
- Digital evolution: bioresearch and its transformation
- The concept of vaccine development
Take your paper to the next level
Professional editors will check your paper for grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, consistency, and academic style.
15 Evolutionary Biology Research Topics
Knowing how life forms started their existence is fundamental. And more interesting is to look through the evolution of many processes. If you find this trend of research more engaging, we outlined evolutionary biology research paper topics to diversify your choice.
- Darwin’s concept's impact on science
- The evolution concept by Lamarck
- Origins of the evolutionary theory
- Evolution acceptance: a belief vs. a theory?
- Evolutionary in microbiology
- Development of robotics
- Revealing differences: human brain & animal brain
- Preservation of biological resources
- Transformations in aging
- Adaptive genetic system
- Morphometrics’ history
- Developmental theory and population genomics
- Bacteria ecology’s evolution
- Biological changes: impact and evolution
- Infectious diseases and their profession
The world of science and biology is vast, making research tedious. Use our list of interesting biology research topics to choose the best issue to write your own paper.
However, it is still hard to prepare a high-quality biology research paper, even with a brilliant topic. Not all college students can do it. Do you feel like you need some help? Then buy biology paper from our professional writers! Our experts will choose the best biology experimental research topics for you and can bring up top-level papers within the shortest time. Additionally, if you need help with a statistics project related to biology, our team of experienced professionals is equipped to provide you with the utmost quality of research and analysis.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Prof. Linda Mia
I’ve worked for the past eight years as a content editor, creative writer, and professional essay writer. Every day, I work hard to make sure my clients are satisfied with the projects and papers I write for them. My areas of expertise are wide, ranging from Psychology and Sociology to Political Science and World History.
Readers also enjoyed
Feminist research topics for students.
Research Paper Writing Guides 11 likes
Food Research Topics
Research Paper Writing Guides 13 likes
Sports Research Paper Topics and Ideas
Research Paper Writing Guides 14 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
- Research Guides
- Course Guides
GBIO 1000: Principles of Biology
- Thesis Statement
- Research Paper: Instructions
- Research Sources
- Annotated Bibliography
- APA Style Format
Nathanael Davis STEM/Business Librarian
Writing a Thesis Statement
Writing a Thesis Statement doesn't have to be difficult. Here is some meaningful advice for developing your thesis statement for this project:
Every Thesis Statement has the Following Elements :
- A Topic : What is the essential matter of your research paper (ex: Christian Worldview and Origins )
- A Position: State your position or argument (ex: for or against a specific worldview perspective)
- And Evidence: Summarize the evidence that you will use to support your worldview perspective in short phrases beginning with a strong verb (ex: provides , communicates , establishes , etc.) that supports your evidence (ex: intimate understanding of the nature of the universe, express purpose for human life, a means to personal fulfillment ).
Together these elements combine to communicate a defensible thesis statement:
EX: The Christian worldview, as supported by the Biblical scripture, outlines a clear and sufficient perspective on the origins of life as it provides an intimate understanding of the nature of the universe, communicates the express purpose for human life, and establishes a means of personal fulfillment.
Check It Out
- << Previous: Research Sources
- Next: Annotated Bibliography >>
- Last Updated: Jul 20, 2023 5:20 PM
- URL: https://libguides.cedarville.edu/gbio1000
Explore List of Biology Research Topics for College Students
Updated Aug 2021 Humans have been researching life around us for the entire history; and each year new natural conditions appear, species develop, and scientific discoveries arise. Biology research papers are some of the most complex writing assignments since this particular subject encompasses all living organisms. You have nearly endless subjects to choose from, but it’s vital to pick the right topic. Selecting an engaging biology research topic will help you entice the reader, encourage discussions in the scientific community, and perhaps even inspire future studies. There are surely some that have scientific potential and are interesting for you at the same time.
What Is Biology? What Topics Might Biologists Study?
Biology is the study of living organisms that covers their origin, anatomy, physiology, development, evolution, and behavior. A biologist could study a wide array of options, such as animal and plant cell structure, human DNA, neurobiology, stem cell treatments, immunology, hormones, and much more.
If you’re feeling stuck and can’t think of an exciting topic to write about, check out our comprehensive list of research paper topics ideas to get some inspiration.
How to Choose Biology Research Topics?
To choose a good biology research topic, we recommend following these general tips:
- Avoid general topics - The key to choosing a biology research paper topic is ensuring it doesn’t have to do with something general. If your topic is too broad, you may not be able to go into detail, which is crucial for showcasing your knowledge. The sheer amount of information on a broad topic might also overwhelm both you and your reader.
- Avoid too narrow topics - If your focus is too narrow, you may not find enough sources to write a paper. The reader may become disinterested as well if there’s no room for overarching questions.
- Explore different ideas - Find several topics that interest you before sifting through recent biology research papers. That’s how you’ll get a better idea of the current trends and narrow down your focus to a single topic and idea. There are tons of scholarly articles online that are available to the public.
- Conduct thorough research - Just like chemistry research paper topics , for example, biology research topics must be based on hard scientific evidence. So, once you’ve picked a single idea, conduct preliminary research to see if there are enough relevant and reliable sources you could use, along with hard data, to support all your claims.
- Make sure your research will derive new findings - The topic you choose and how you want to go about it should add value to the scientific community. So, avoid topics that can’t add anything new to the table.
What Is a Good Biology Research Paper Topic?
A good biology research paper topic is one that reveals something interesting that can offer a whole new perspective on life. It should be thought-provoking, attention-grabbing, and relevant to the community.
It doesn’t matter what it’s about - humans, animals, plants, ecology, etc. - as long as it addresses something from a new perspective, makes a new discovery, shows a link between two organisms or phenomena, or potential to lead to a scientific breakthrough.
It’s all about tackling an area or topic that holds great potential and can help us understand life and living organisms better.
Biology Research Paper Topics
Do you need good ideas for your future papers? Biological research can be fascinating as long as you master the art of choosing the right topic. Not only that you have to focus on current studies by reputable biologists, but your topic must be easily researchable so you can make strong arguments. This our list of the most interesting topics for an excellent college paper.
- Coronaviridae - evolution, causes, and symptoms
- Ebola - evolution, causes, and symptoms
- Plant pathology – most common diseases
- Immortality in the animal world
- Human memory
- Organ transplantation
- Rare genetic disorders
- Is obesity hereditary
- Human hormones
- Basic principles of cloning
- What are the biological effects of pollution?
Biology Research Topics for College Students
Undergraduates struggle the most with finding the right topics for their papers, so they hire a research paper writing service for popular and easy topics. To get started, check our list of ideas below.
- Humankind’s origins – theoretical foundations
- The genetics behind human physical features
- Gestation periods in mammals
- Immune system diseases
- Current science on oxytocin and serotonin
- Hormonal control: human reproduction
- The science behind drug addiction
- Does vaccination have benefits
- Protection of rare species
- Infectious diseases
Biology Research Topics for High School Students
High-school biology can be very interesting if you focus on topics that interest you. Choose from our examples a topic that fascinates you.
- Male pregnancy in animal species
- Immune system and stress
- Allergic reactions
- Plant systems
- Biodiversity and climate change
- Melatonin therapy
- Brain functions
- DNA and physical traits
- Cell structure and specialization
Cell Biology Research Topics
Developments in cell biology can cure diseases and eliminate viruses. Writing a paper in this field can be very rewarding for a biology student.
- Cell biology and Alzheimer’s Disease treatment paths
- Developing cellular technology
- Research methods in cell biology
- Studying fixed objects
- Light microscope functions
- Living matter organization
- Characteristics of viruses
- DNA and RNA
- Cell structure
Zoology Research Topics
Struggling with your zoology paper? You can pay for research paper . Our list of ideas can also help you.
- Birds migration patterns
- Wild animal protection projects
- Primate language
- Camouflage in sea animals
- Invasive species analysis
- Human speech patterns in Asian elephants
- Cooperative behavior in ant colonies
- Animal communication methods
- Canine domestication
- Brain size and species intelligence
Animal Research Topics
- Obesity rates among home pets
- Beauty products testing on animals
- Diet optimization for modern home pets
- Cognitive functions in primates
- Predators and prey
- Vision in animal species
- Fishing and conservation science
- Removing animals from their natural habitat
- Primates behavior in zoo versus in the wild
- Animal habitats conservation
Botany Research Topics
Are you interested in writing a paper about plants? Here are some of the latest developments in botany to get inspiration.
- Innovations in plant research and influence on agriculture
- Plant stress physiology
- Plant growth control
- Crop science – recent developments
- Fungi – Structure and types
- Current findings in the study of plant fossils
- Genetic inheritance in plant species
- Common occurrences in plant pathology
- A study of ferns
Developmental Biology Research Topics
- From stem cells to differentiated tissue
- Tumor formation
- Genome duplication
- Developmental plasticity
- Birth defects
- Gene-environment interactions
- Anticancer drug combinations
- Drosophila Oogenesis
- Diseases of developmental origin
- Top killer viruses
Marine Biology Research Topics
Are you a marine biology student? Find your next topic below.
- Marine ecosystems
- Metal accumulation in marine invertebrates
- Marine birds
- Biotechnology in the study of marine life
- Marine microbiology
- Ocean management
- Coastal Aquaculture
- Toxicology and pollution in oceans
- Fishery science
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Molecular biology can save the world. If this is your area of interest in college, you can write about one of the following research topics.
- Prion disease
- Memory storage
- Dengue fever – pathogenesis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Unique and repetitive genes
- Genome mapping
- Development stages in molecular biology
- DNA damaging/repairing cycle
- DNA diagnosis of hereditary and infectious diseases
- Viral genome organization
Ecology Topics for Research Paper
A paper on ecology can contribute to a better relationship between human communities and their environment. Look below for an engaging topic.
- Animal response to environmental changes
- Effects of environmental change on species diversity
- Resistance mechanisms in animal species under environmental threat
- Global warming effects
- Tropical forests extinction
- Wildlife protection measures
- Rare species protection
- Types of ecological disasters
- Rain forests extinction
Environmental Topics for Research Papers
Environmental concerns are high among biology students. If you want to craft a fascinating paper, write about something that matters to you.
- Analyzing environmental sustainability
- Environmental sustainability through a change in global diets
- Green growth concept
- Effects of environmental changes on seabird population
- Conservation practices and methods
- Geospatial science – applications
- Invasive species – the black rat
- Coral reefs destruction versus conservation
Human Biology Research Topics
Stem cells or cloning? There’s hardly anything as engaging in science today as the research on human biology.
- Experiments with stem cells
- Genetic disorders
- Abortion - biological perceptions
- How music influences the human brain
- Perspectives on human cloning
- Influence of gut bacteria on the human brain
- Molecular evidence of human’s origin
- Stem cells’ role in medical treatment
- Genetics and aging
- Experiments on human DNA
Genetics Research Topics
- Human cloning science
- Correlation between genetics and obesity
- How addictive substances affect genes
- Safety concerns regarding genetically modified foods
- Genetic mutations
- Organ transplantation – ethical concerns
- Is depression hereditary
- How alcohol affects the human brain and liver
- Lung cancer stages
- Sun exposure – effects on human skin
Recent Research Topics in Biotechnology
Can someone write a research paper for me on biotechnology? Yes, but first choose a topic.
- Plant biotechnology
- Biotechnology applications on food
- Principles of pharmacogenetics
- Anti-cancer drugs
- Nanotechnology methods for DNA isolation
- HIV treatment based on nanotechnology applications
- Detection of foodborne pathogens in food systems
- Heavy metal tolerant and sensitive genotypes
- Using nanotechnology in the diagnosis of cancer
- Latest developments in forensic DNA
Evolutionary Biology Research Paper Topics
- Original functions of the human appendix
- Evolutionary connections between moths and butterflies
- Anatomy of gorillas versus chimpanzees
- Natural selection among aquatic organisms
- Evolutionary response of parasites to human vaccination
- Animal camouflage – evolutionary causes and evidence
- Malaria parasites resisting to drugs
- Social behavior among wolfs
- Evolution of HIV
- Evolutionary changes in mating behavior
Neurobiology Research Topics
The human brain is intriguing, and there are always things to learn about it. Have you considered these new topics?
- Brain injuries
- Understanding human memory
- Self-repair capabilities in the human brain
- Schizophrenia – genetic causes
- Neurobiological causes of migraine
- How gut bacteria contribute to anxiety
- Visual cortex - an analysis
- Links between depression and oxidative stress
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – biological markers
- Correlation between cannabis use and dopamine release
DNA Research Topics
The DNA makes us who we are. For scientists, this gives way to experimentation and great study potential.
- DNA-modified organisms
- DNA experimentation in humans
- How DNA structure is involved in genetic disorders
- Genetic disorders treatment
- DNA changes versus ageing
- Analyzing DNA and cloning
- DNA as a heredity agent
- DNA research regarding cancer susceptibility
- DNA genome sequencing
- Ethical concerns regarding DNA-modified organisms
Easy Biology Research Topics
Easy biology research topics are quite popular among both high school and college students. They deal with common yet fascinating ideas that are highly relevant and add value to the community. These are some of the most interesting to consider.
- Understanding bird behavior
- Animal behavior due to ecological factors
- Environmental psychology
- Endangered species and animal extinction
- Global warming
- Wildfires and reforestation
- Plant disease resistance
- Evolution of animal behavior
- Obesity in house pets
History of Biology Topics
If you want to tackle the history of biology, you have a whole world of topics to pick from. These might spark your creativity and help you develop a topic to write about from a fresh angle.
- Darwin’s theory
- The history of genetics
- Evolution factors
- The history of vaccination
- Natural selection theory
- Evolutionary dead ends
- Famous biologists and their innovations
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek and microbiology
- Paleontology and evolution
- Whaling effects on deep-sea biodiversity
We hope these biology research paper topics have sparked your creativity and nudged you in the right direction for writing a high-quality paper. If you need any assistance with research, writing an outline, editing, or writing a summary of a research paper , StudyClerk can help.
Our vast team of qualified and experienced writers can provide you with well-researched, relevant, reliable, unique, and plagiarism-free content.
Just pick the best writer for your needs based on their qualifications, experience, reviews, and ratings, and share details about your topic and main idea. Contact us today to place your order and get an original paper with a free outline, free formatting, and unlimited free revisions.
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
- Free Samples
- Premium Essays
- Editing Services Editing Proofreading Rewriting
- Extra Tools Essay Topic Generator Thesis Generator Citation Generator GPA Calculator Study Guides Donate Paper
- Essay Writing Help
- About Us About Us Testimonials FAQ
- Biology Thesis Statement
- Samples List
An thesis examples on biology statement is a prosaic composition of a small volume and free composition, expressing individual impressions and thoughts on a specific occasion or issue and obviously not claiming a definitive or exhaustive interpretation of the subject.
Some signs of biology statement thesis:
- the presence of a specific topic or question. A work devoted to the analysis of a wide range of problems in biology, by definition, cannot be performed in the genre of biology statement thesis topic.
- The thesis expresses individual impressions and thoughts on a specific occasion or issue, in this case, on biology statement and does not knowingly pretend to a definitive or exhaustive interpretation of the subject.
- As a rule, an essay suggests a new, subjectively colored word about something, such a work may have a philosophical, historical, biographical, journalistic, literary, critical, popular scientific or purely fiction character.
- in the content of an thesis samples on biology statement, first of all, the author’s personality is assessed - his worldview, thoughts and feelings.
The goal of an thesis in biology statement is to develop such skills as independent creative thinking and writing out your own thoughts.
Writing an thesis is extremely useful, because it allows the author to learn to clearly and correctly formulate thoughts, structure information, use basic concepts, highlight causal relationships, illustrate experience with relevant examples, and substantiate his conclusions.
Examples List on Biology Thesis Statement
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- COOKIES POLICY
Biology Thesis Writing Help
A biology thesis can be a very enlightening undertaking for its writer. Life teems with mysteries that directly affect our lives and well-being. While finding the appropriate topic on a subject matter as wide as Biology shouldn’t be difficult, identifying the right sources can be laborious. This is especially true in the case of journals and periodical publications which can be so difficult to find in the libraries, on the Internet or in book stores.
Navigation Through The Biology Thesis Page
- Biology Thesis Writing
- Biology Thesis Sample
- How We Can Help
- Biology Thesis Topics
- Biology Hypothesis
Biology Sample Paper
A zoology thesis sample (click the image to enlarge), biology thesis writing.
If you are writing your biology thesis and you find yourself having a difficult time completing it, do not be frustrated. Thesis writing brings out the best and worst in students and you are not the only one feeling disappointed. Disappointment, irritation and frustration are the same emotions that other thesis writers feel. It is during these times, that seeking professional biology thesis writing help seems like a sound advice. If you are looking for someone who can provide you with reliable and credible thesis help , ProfEssays.com is the name you should trust.
It is true that there are many other companies that provide assistance on thesis writing . However, no other company can guarantee you a quality paper as good as ours. With the talented professional writers on our staff we guarantee that the paper you receive will be excellent and exceptional. In addition to this, we ensure you that the paper we provide is original; to be sure of it we use the latest version anti plagiarism checker to scan every paper delivered to the customers. Do not be enticed by the exceptionally low rates that other companies offer, an original paper with logical structure and interesting content could not possibly be cheap.
Biology Thesis Samples
Writing a thesis can be a lot easier if you are going to use thesis samples as your guide. Many students consult such samples as an example for multiple reasons. Some use them as a guide on the type of format and structure that must be used. In line with this, students also prefer to use such biology thesis samples as a reference for the content of the academic paper. Sometimes, students tend to get confused on what must be included in a specific part of the thesis . Identifying what goes in the results and findings and what goes in the conclusion may cause confusion to novice writers. With a proper sample writing will definitely become easier.
Aside from formatting benefits, some students use the thesis sample as a reference for the thesis, itself. This can be done especially if the topics of those two papers are very similar to each other. Moreover, students can also study the works cited section to see if there are any materials other writer has used that could be helpful for a future references. ProfEssays.com provides you with the thesis help that you need. We create custom made thesis papers for you. When writing a dissertation thesis, we strongly regard all your instructions and suggestions.
How Can We Help
ProfEssays.com is a custom research paper writing company that offers its clients the convenience of having all the technology and talent to deliver 100% unique , fully referenced and cited research papers . Our team consists of experienced academic writers and researches from such countries as the US, UK, Canada and Australia.
The customer support team is in constant alert to come at your help right away; contact them in any of three ways, by phone, chat messages or e-mail and all your questions will be answered and requests completed in a matter of minutes. Our writers are specifically chosen for exceptional academic merit, formidable writing skills and the innate ability to communicate and comprehend their client’s needs. They are known for their excellent research papers , their perfect compliance with the client’s specifications, the certified and complete originality of all their papers and the promptness of paper delivery. If you are ilooking for essay writing help , your best decision will be to turn to the assistance and expertise of ProfEssays.com.
If you, for some reason, are in an urgent need of an essay, ProfEssays.com will be your wisest choice. Our fees are quite reasonable and our high academic standards are never compromised. We would like you to share your ideas and views concerning future paper, your take on it is important as a guide for the writer. As for deadlines, ProfEssays.com prioritizes punctuality in delivery.
If you feel that there is a need in any additional adjustments after you have received your paper we will satisfy your request for free. All the information that you share with us for this purpose will be kept secure and confidential.
Exploring the wonders of life with your biology thesis topics
- The evolution of the vertebrate system
- The evolution of procreation
- Man for ape or Ape from man
- The role of the genetics in autism
- Is the biblical account of the creation of man consistent with what we know of biological principles?
Biology is the study of life. Every living thing that surrounds us is a subject for the scientific research where biology is concerned. As a natural science that deals with the matter as massive as life itself, this discipline has multiple subcategories and units. However, all the possible topics for the biology thesis are united by the five fundamental principles in biology. These principles are as follows: first, the basic unit of life is a cell. Second, evolution results in new kinds of species emerging and the basic features of living organisms become hereditary . Third, heredity is represented in genes. Fourth, a living organism has the ability to adapt to the environment. Fifth, all living organisms use and transform energy. These five principles are the foundation of modern biology. With these five axioms, you will be able to come up with biology thesis topics that you can discuss in your thesis paper . Make sure that you use a topic that is within the limits set by your professor. Also only consider topics that are interesting to you. In any case, if you need any kind of help with your biology thesis , ProfEssays.com is the right candidate to turn to.
Evidently, the writer of a biology thesis needs to conduct an exhaustive research to corroborate his arguments there are new materials, studies and findings every day, even every hour in biology. There is so much biology literature that could be find only in handful of places. In this regard, ProfEssays.com can be of help in writing a biology thesis . Our skilled writers have access to the most prestigious book collections on the Internet and in libraries.
Biology hypothesis: how to provide explanations to the unknown
Curiosity is the driving force of science. Many times, curiosity brought forward questions that could not be merely answered by the facts at hand. This goes to show that there still are many things that remain unexplored by man. Questions are raised in an effort to know more about the mysteries of everything that surrounds us. To address these questions and to come up with intelligent answers, many scientists venture into research and experiment. With extensive research and experimentation, scientists come up with hypothesis and theories.
These theories are very useful in filling up some of the blanks in scientific knowledge. When writing an academic paper on the subject of biology, many students attempt to explore the unknown. They conduct research and perform experiments. As an endpoint, students come up with biology hypothesis which could be the foundation of the future thesis paper. This hypothesis is created with utmost care, as it is based on verifiable results and facts. If you need help in writing your biology thesis , then ProfEssays.com is here to offer our services.
note: “ ProfEssays.com is an outstanding custom writing company. We have over 500 expert writers with PhD and Masters level educations who are all ready to fulfill your writing needs no matter what the academic level or research topic. Just imagine, you place the order before you go to sleep and in the morning an excellent, 100% unique essay ! or term paper, written in strict accordance with your instructions by a professional writer is already in your email box! We understand the pressure students are under to achieve high academic goals and we are ready to take some of it off you because we love writing. By choosing us as your partner, you achieve more academically and gain valuable time for your other interests. Place your order now !”
Looking for an exceptional company to do some custom writing for you? Look no further than ProfEssays.com! You simply place an order with the writing instructions you have been given, and before you know it, your essay or term paper, completely finished and unique, will be completed and sent back to you. At ProfEssays.com, we have over 500 highly educated, professional writers standing by waiting to help you with any writing needs you may have! We understand students have plenty on their plates, which is why we love to help them out. Let us do the work for you, so you have time to do what you want to do!
- Customers' Testimonials
- Custom Book Report
- Help with Case Studies
- Personal Essays
- Custom Movie Review
- Narrative Essays
- Argumentative Essays
- Homework Help
- Essay Format
- Essay Outline
- Essay Topics
- Essay Questions
- How to Write a Research Paper
- Research Paper Format
- Research Paper Introduction
- Research Paper Outline
- Research Paper Abstract
- Research Paper Topics
119 Biology Thesis Topics for Your Masters or Ph.D. Degree
Dec 23, 2022 | 0 comments
Dec 23, 2022 | Topics | 0 comments
Biology is a fascinating and diverse field that covers everything from the smallest microorganisms to the largest and most complex living organisms on the planet. If you are pursuing a Masters’s or Ph.D. degree in biology, you will likely be required to conduct research and complete a thesis as part of your degree requirements. Choosing the right topic for your biology thesis can be challenging, but it is essential to completing your degree.
To help you get started, here are potential biology thesis topics for your consideration:
Best Biology Thesis Topics
- The human immune system: a study of its function and role in disease prevention
- Stem cell research: exploring the potential for regenerative medicine
- The genetic basis of inherited diseases
- The role of epigenetics in human development and disease
- The impact of environmental factors on human DNA
- The evolution of antibiotic resistance in bacteria
- The role of biodiversity in maintaining ecosystem health
- The effects of climate change on living organisms
- The use of genetically modified organisms in agriculture
- The history of biology: a study of the major figures and discoveries in the field
- The role of the microbiome in human health and disease
- The use of computational biology in drug discovery and development
- The impact of pollution on aquatic ecosystems
- The genetics of behavior in animals
- The role of the endocannabinoid system in human health and disease
- The evolution of human language and communication
- The use of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology
- The impact of nutrition on human health and disease
- The role of microbes in the production of fermented foods
- The effects of sleep on human health and performance
Interesting Biology Topics to Research
- The role of environmental factors in the development of cancer
- The impact of social behavior on animal evolution
- The role of genetics in mental health disorders
- The use of bioinformatics in the analysis of large biological datasets
- The role of mitochondria in human health and disease
- The impact of exercise on human health and performance
- The use of probiotics in the prevention and treatment of disease
- The genetics of aging and lifespan
- The impact of environmental stressors on animal behavior
- The use of biotechnology in environmental conservation
- The role of genetics in the development of autoimmune diseases
- The use of machine learning in biology research
- The role of bacteria in the production of antibiotics
- The impact of social media on the spread of infectious diseases
- The use of artificial intelligence in drug discovery and development
- The role of genetics in the development of diabetes
- The impact of sleep on animal behavior
- The use of gene therapy in the treatment of genetic diseases
- The role of genetics in the development of cardiovascular disease
- The impact of pollution on human health
Biology Thesis Topics for College Students
- The use of biotechnology in the production of food and beverages
- The role of genetics in the development of mental health disorders
- The impact of social behavior on human health and well-being
- The use of biotechnology in the production of biofuels
- The role of genetics in the development of neurodegenerative diseases
- The impact of exercise on animal health and performance
- The use of biotechnology in the production of cosmetics
- The role of genetics in the development of respiratory diseases
- 49. The impact of environmental factors on animal behavior
- The use of biotechnology in the production of pharmaceuticals
- The role of genetics in the development of allergies
- The impact of social media on the spread of scientific knowledge
- The use of biotechnology in the production of industrial chemicals
- The role of genetics in the development of cancer
- The impact of environmental factors on plant growth and development
- The use of biotechnology in the production of renewable energy
- The role of genetics in the development of immune disorders
- The impact of climate change on animal migration patterns
- The use of biotechnology in the production of medical devices
- The role of genetics in the development of neurological disorders
Popular Biology Thesis Topics
- The impact of social behavior on animal health and well-being
- The use of biotechnology in the production of consumer goods
- The role of genetics in the development of autoimmune disorders
- The impact of environmental factors on animal reproduction
- The use of biotechnology in the production of advanced materials
- The impact of pollution on plant growth and development
- The use of biotechnology in the production of environmental remediation technologies
- The impact of climate change on plant distribution and diversity
- The use of biotechnology in the production of biomaterials
- The use of biotechnology in the production of energy storage technologies
- The impact of environmental factors on animal behavior
- The use of biotechnology in the production of advanced textiles
- The impact of pollution on animal health and well-being
- The use of biotechnology in the production of renewable fuels
- The impact of social behavior on animal health and performance
- The use of biotechnology in the production of bioplastics
- The use of biotechnology in the production of water treatment technologies
- The impact of climate change on animal distribution and diversity
- The role of the gut microbiome in human health and disease
- Exploring the potential of synthetic biology for environmental conservation
- The impact of diet on the human gut microbiome
- The use of artificial intelligence in predicting the evolution of infectious diseases
- The impact of climate change on plant-pollinator interactions
- The use of biotechnology in the production of sustainable plastics
- The impact of social media on the spread of misinformation about science
- The role of epigenetics in the development of mental health disorders
- The impact of environmental pollution on animal behavior
- The use of biotechnology in the production of advanced materials for energy storage
- The use of biotechnology in the production of sustainable transportation fuels
Biology Thesis Topics For Grad School
- The human immune system: How does it work, and how can we improve it?
- Molecular biology research: How can we use molecular techniques to understand and treat diseases?
- Human DNA: What can we learn from studying the genetic code of humans?
- Stem cell research: What potential applications of stem cells in medicine?
- Genetic engineering: How can we use genetic engineering to improve crop yields and address other global challenges?
- Infectious disease: What are the latest developments in understanding and treating infectious diseases?
- Endangered species: How can we protect and preserve endangered species?
- Human biology: What can we learn about human evolution, physiology, and behavior from studying biology?
- History of biology: How have our understanding of living organisms and their environmental interactions changed over time?
- Good biology research topic: What are some current hot topics in biology research?
- Topics in biology: What are some current trends and controversies in biology research?
- Choose biology research topics: How can you choose a biology research topic that is both interesting and feasible?
- Biology research topics for college students: What are some good biology research topics for college students to explore?
- Research paper topics: What are some good biology research paper topics for students to consider?
- Living organisms: How do different organisms interact with each other and their environment?
- Evolution: How have different species evolved, and what are the key factors that have driven these changes?
- Human genetics: How does our genetic makeup influence our health and behavior?
- Animal behavior: What can we learn about animal behavior and communication from studying biology?
- Environmental biology: How do living organisms interact with their environment, and how can we protect and preserve natural ecosystems?
- Plant biology: How do plants grow, reproduce, and adapt to their environment?
- Microbiology: What are the key principles of microbiology, and how do microorganisms interact with each other and their environment?
- Biochemistry: How do chemical reactions within living organisms contribute to their function and behavior?
- Developmental biology: How do living organisms develop and grow over time?
- Genetics: How do genes influence the characteristics and traits of living organisms?
- Cell biology: What are the key principles of cell biology, and how do cells function and interact with each other?
- Bioinformatics: How can we use computers and data analysis to study biological systems?
- Biomedical research: What are the latest developments in understanding and treating diseases using biology and medicine?
- Neuroscience: How do the brain and nervous system function, and how can we use this knowledge to treat and prevent neurological disorders?
- Nutrition: How does nutrition impact the health and well-being of living organisms?
- Marine biology: What can we learn about the biology of marine organisms and their environment
In conclusion, choosing a biology thesis topic requires careful consideration and research. There are many potential areas of study within the field of biology, including specific subfields and broad topics. It is important to choose an interesting and feasible topic and to consult with experts in the field to ensure that your thesis is well-supported and based on the latest scientific knowledge.
Other factors to consider when selecting a topic include the availability of data and research materials, the potential for original contributions to the field, and the potential impact of your research on society. Completing a biology thesis can be challenging but rewarding, allowing you to delve deep into a topic and make a meaningful contribution to the field. You can complete your thesis and make a lasting impact with hard work and dedication.
With a passion for education and student empowerment, I create blog content that speaks directly to the needs and interests of students. From study hacks and productivity tips to career exploration and personal development
View all posts
People Also Read
- Top 100 Architecture Thesis Topics
- Top 100 Nursing Thesis Topics
- Top 100 Nutrition Thesis Topics
Most Popular Articles
Racism thesis statement example, how to rephrase a thesis statement, capstone project topic suggestions, how to write an abortion essay, should students wear school uniforms essay, list causal essay topics write, respect essay, signal words, great synonyms, informative speech examples, essay writing guide, introduction paragraph for an essay, argumentative essay writing, essay outline templates, write an autobiographical essay, personal narrative essay ideas, descriptive essay writing, how to write a reflective-essay, how to write a lab report abstract, how to write a grant proposal, point of view in an essay, debate topics for youth at church, theatre research paper topics, privacy overview.
Need Support in Studies? 📚 – Enjoy 12% OFF on all papers in this Thanksgiving! Use the code " THANX23 "