- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
The Psychology of Colors: Using Color Pages to Influence Customer Behavior
Color is more than just a visual experience. It has been proven that different colors can have a significant impact on human behavior and emotions. As marketers, we can leverage this knowledge to influence customer behavior through the use of color pages. In this article, we will explore the psychology of colors and how you can use color pages to your advantage.
The Psychology of Colors
Colors have been found to evoke different emotions and associations in people. For instance, red is often associated with passion, love, and excitement, while blue is linked to calmness, trustworthiness, and reliability. Understanding these associations can help you choose the right colors for your color pages.
Additionally, cultural differences also play a role in color perception. For example, white is associated with purity and innocence in Western cultures but represents mourning in some Asian cultures.
The Impact of Color Pages on Customer Behavior
Color pages can significantly impact customer behavior by attracting attention, conveying emotion or mood, and influencing decision-making. Studies have shown that people are more likely to remember information presented in color than when presented in black and white.
Moreover, color pages can evoke specific emotions or moods that influence customer behavior. For instance, using warm colors like yellow or orange can create a sense of urgency or excitement that encourages customers to take action immediately.
Using Color Pages for Marketing
When creating marketing materials such as brochures or flyers, it’s essential to consider the impact of colors on customer behavior. Using a combination of warm colors like red or orange with cool tones like blue or green can create a balanced look that appeals to customers.
Additionally, using contrasting colors for text and background can make information stand out more effectively. This technique is useful when you want customers to focus on specific information such as pricing or product features.
Choosing the Right Colors for Your Brand
When choosing colors for your brand, it’s essential to consider the emotions and associations they evoke. For instance, if you want to convey a sense of luxury or sophistication, you might choose black or gold.
Similarly, if you want to create a friendly and approachable brand image, using warm colors like yellow or orange can be effective. Ultimately, the right color choice depends on your brand’s personality and target audience.
In conclusion, color pages can be a powerful tool in marketing that influences customer behavior. By understanding the psychology of colors and using them strategically in your marketing materials, you can create a more effective and memorable customer experience.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Home > EDUCATION > PSYCHOLOGY-BEHAVIORAL-SCIENCES > PSYCHOLOGY-BEHAVIORAL-SCIENCES-ETD
Theses and Dissertations
Dissertations from 2021 2021.
An Evaluation of the Process Used to Develop and Administer an Employee Culture Survey in a Public Research University , Danielle B. Allen
Dissertations from 2020 2020
The Influence of Sleep and Physical Performance on Food Choice and Body Mass Index of College Students , Nathalie Cahill
Examining the Predictors of the White Racial Justice Advocate , Danielle N. Franks
An Examination of Reported Flirtation Behaviors , Michael Garza
Measuring Pay-Conversation Effectiveness Using Organizational Justice in a Fortune 100 Organization , Christoph Gloger
More Than a Feeling: The Role of Self-Compassion on the Affective Response to Negative Events in the Workplace , Michael A. Knott
Grit, Personality, and Job Performance: Exploring Nonlinear Relationships , Ellen Lovell
How Average is "Average?" Making Sense of a Machine Learning Analysis of Personality Types , Colin Lee Omori
Perceived Support and Overqualification as Related to Discretionary Behaviors , Nivedita Prabhu
Dissertations from 2019 2019
Developing a Model of Sexism-Based Traumatic Stress , Marcus Cherry
Decreasing Stress Through an Emotion Regulation and Non-Judging Based Intervention with Trauma-Exposed College Students , Megan Cherry
The Moderating Role of Culture in the Job Demands-Resources Model , James A. De Leon
An Examination of the Relationships Between Message Framing, Regulatory Focus, and Psychological Reactance on Risky Health Decision-Making Among College Students , Mallory B. Garza
Understanding Competing Climates: A Theoretical Framework for Examining Service and Ethical Climates , Cristopher T. Huynh
Dissertations from 2018 2018
A Model of the Relationship Between Performance Feedback and Goal Setting: A Consideration of, Affective Cognitive, and Psychological State Effects , Ann-Marie R. Castille
The Influence of Regional Stereotypes in Employee Selection , Brittani E. Plaisance
Dissertations from 2017 2017
Adult attachment style and inter-parental discrepancy on pediatric behavior assessment scales , Laura Beliech Harris
The mediating influence of career aspirations and career decision-making self-efficacy on self-differentiation, vocational identity, and career indecision , Jay Justin Middleton
Impacting student slumber: An analysis of self-report and physiological data following a psychoeducational intervention , Danielle N. Newman
The development and validation of an automatic-item generation measure of cognitive ability , Hines Scott
A randomized controlled study examining the effectiveness of a gratitude intervention and an optimism intervention on well-being: Moderating effects of personality disposition and social support , J. Brandon Waits
Dissertations from 2016 2016
Reinventing proactive personality: A new construct and measurement , Bharati B. Belwalkar
Evaluating indicators of job performance: Distributions and types of analyses , Richard J. Chambers II
Assessing spiritual bypass in a clinical population: Initial test construction and validation , Terri K. Duck
PTSD, Academic Achievement, and College Persistence: The Moderating Effects of Coping Mechanisms and Social Support , Rebecca Granda
Chronotype preference, partial sleep deprivation, and executive functions performance throughout the wake-cycle , Devin Layne Merritt
Personal factors, domain specificity, and risky decision-making , Rose Niles
Factors predicting weight loss and weight gain in bariatric surgery patients , Deborah Potisek Simpson
Using latent class cluster analysis to identify and profile organizational subclimates: An exploratory investigation using safety climate as an exemplar , Amy Frost Stevenson
The relationship between executive functioning and substance abuse , John M. Tracy
Personality traits related to problematic Facebook use , Shelley R. Visconte
Dissertations from 2015 2015
Job analysis: Measuring accuracy and capturing multiple perspectives , DeAnn H. Arnold
Bright or dark, or virtues and vices? A reexamination of the big five and job performance , Christopher M. Castille
DSM-5 Section III model of personality disorders: Developing a measure of Criterion A , Jeanette M. Edmonds
Individual adaptability as a predictor of job performance , Stephanie L. Murphy
Crystallized intelligence and openness to experience: Drawing on intellectual-investment theories to predict job performance longitudinally , Christopher B. Patton
Making the connection between disordered personalities and interpersonal dysfunction: A relational study , Meggie P. Rowland
Cultural context's influence on the relationships between leadership personality and subordinate perceptions , Victoria J. Smoak
Objectively measuring the effects of sleep on reading comprehension and sustained selective attention , Jennifer L. Thibodeaux
Increasing career exploratory behavior through message framing , Lauren Elizabeth Tressler
The relationship between sleep and nutrition in message framing among college students , Abbey G. White
Dissertations from 2014 2014
The impact of stereotype threat on high school females' math performance: Moderators and an intervention , Jacqueline Hebert Ball
An examination of the effectiveness of the Louisiana GEAR UP program in promoting self-efficacy, improving academic achievement and increasing teachers' aspirations for their students , Candi Hill
The effect of state orientation on emotion dysregulation, borderline personality disorder, and nonsuicidal self-injury , Desiree LeBoeuf-Davis
Psychopathy and the HEXACO personality model , M. Todd Lobrano
Effects of gender bias and gender inversion stereotypes on assessment of personality traits and diagnosis of personality disorders , Beatrice Charmaine Mosier
What we thought we knew: Intellectual assessment of individuals who are blind , Richard L. Sylvester Jr.
Dissertations from 2013 2013
An investigation of the relationships among the family of origin, need for achievement, and career development , David G. Arcement
Message framing effects in the delivery of sleep hygiene information to parents of elementary and middle school children , Aimee L. Blackham
The relationships of sleep quality, length, and napping to physical performance , Rebecca M. Hoffmann
Exploring the structural relationships between personality and 360-degree feedback , Cole N. Napper
Dissertations from 2012 2012
Emotional labor and authentic leadership , John E. Buckner V
The impact of psychological reactance and approach/avoidance motivation on the effectiveness of sleep interventions , Barbara Calvert
The effects of training in self-regulated learning and achievement orientations in lower socioeconomic elementary students , Ashley N. Carroll
Predicting substance abuse treatment participation with the Personality Assessment Inventory: An investigation of how personality and interpersonal factors affect treatment , Annese Baum Hutchins
Research motivation in professional psychology doctoral students: Examination of the psychometric properties of the Research Motivation Scale , Carly Bischoff Mayer
Proposed DSM-5 personality traits and substance use: A multi-faceted study , W. Reese Mayer
Examining the effects of fear of failure, self-efficacy and gender role conflict in male and female engineering students , Krista L. Nelson
The relationship between personality and forgiveness of sexual infidelity in marriage , Karen Suggs Roper
Deception Detection: Using Eye-Tracking Technology to Measure Faking in a Simulated Applicant Setting , Luke Simmering
Effects of gender composition of target and sender dyads on the tendency to infer lies , Byron J. Simoneaux
Psychological effects of intensive and comprehensive training centers on blind and visually impaired adults , Caitlin Singletary
Dissertations from 2011 2011
The effects of age, information, and personal contact on attitudes toward individuals with cleft lip and palate , Adam Thomas Blancher
The influence of the character strengths of gratitude and kindness on subjective well-being , Tracy Harper Dossett
The effectiveness of a substance abuse treatment group for at risk college students , Melissa D. Simundson
Racial prejudice, homophobia, and sexism as a function of right-wing authoritarianism, religious values, religious pressures, and religious orientation , Dixie Turner
Sleep habits of high school students: An intervention to improve them , John Edward Wallace
Dissertations from 2010 2010
An exploration of the relationship among online social network usage, intimacy, social comparison tendencies, and relationship satisfaction , Matthew Hand
Socially Desirable Responding on the MMPI -2, MCMI-III, and PAI in a substance abuse treatment setting , James Brian Rutland
Weight gain among adults with intellectual disabilities receiving atypical antipsychotics , Sherri Lyn Transier
Dissertations from 2009 2009
How selected personality factors affect the relationships between marital satisfaction, sexual satisfaction, and infidelity , Amanda Marie Campbell
An examination of factors affecting weight and health in exercising adults , Cynthia West Dupuis
Examination of the clinical benefit of adding Reversal Theory concepts to the expressive writing paradigm , Stephanie Ellis
Detection of malingering via cognitive cues , Birgit M. Smart
A model of quality of life and emotional and behavioral functioning in obese children and adolescents , Terry Oliver Thomas
Dissertations from 2007 2007
Examining the ability of the Halstead -Reitan Battery and the Wide Range Achievement Test to utilize severity in discriminating among Alzheimer's dementia patients , Gina Gibson-Beverly
Evaluation of a sleep hygiene program to improve inmate sleep quality , Jennifer F. Hodges-Crowder
Evaluation of a psychoeducational program designed to affect attitudes associated with intimate partner violence in an inmate population , Melani Magee Wheeler
Dissertations from 2006 2006
The impact of sleep quality and duration on college student adjustment and health , Robert L. Krenek Jr.
The prediction of career decision-making self-efficacy from Black and White racial identity attitudes , Jennifer K. Montgomery
Sleep quality of college students and its relationship to coping styles and well-being , Cathy Alison Word
Dissertations from 2005 2005
Sleep habits and patterns of college students and their relationship to selected personality characteristics , Steve M. Jenkins
An investigation of reactance, coping, quality of life, and well -being , Monique Maria Matherne
Effect of comorbid psychiatric disorders on measures of group cohesion in substance abusers , Sharon Bradford Robbins
The effects of gender role conflict and psychological reactance on relationship beliefs , Donna Bullard Thomas
Dissertations from 2004 2004
Temperament and alcohol use: The relationship to psychological reactance , Pearle Elizabeth Bobbitt
Psychological effects of martial arts training: Fear of physical assault and self -esteem , Robert C. Clanton
Relationship between personality styles and drug/alcohol use in prison inmates , Anita S. Quinn Flye
Self -esteem and sense of entitlement in violent and nonviolent criminal behavior , Susan Frank
An exploration into gender role conflict, attitudes toward females, and relationship beliefs , Julia M. Wood
Dissertations from 2003 2003
The effect of hardiness on the relationship between stress and well-being: Moderator, mediator, or both? , Alison Jo Donnell
Psychological reactance as a personality characteristic: Relationships to attachment and autonomy , Maurine Traville Hargrove Ladner
An investigation of the relationship among life-skills, self-esteem, and well-being in adults , Scott David Meche
Personality style and psychological reactance: Theory confirmation and empirical prediction of reactant personalities , Eric Alexander Seemann
Dissertations from 2002 2002
Development and evaluation of the Sleep Treatment and Education Program for Students (STEPS) , Franklin Christian Brown
Relationships between a quaternary model of psychological type processes and defense mechanism clusters , Kathryn Elizabeth Kelly
An examination of the relationship between perceived parenting styles, psychosocial development, and locus of control orientation in college students , Cheryl Sue Marsiglia
Preventing driving under the influence through informal interventions: An examination of the decision making processes common to potential DUI offenders , David John Williams
Dissertations from 2001 2001
Confirmatory factor analysis of the Coping Style Inventory in a college sample , Christopher Garth Bellah
An investigation of the relationship between the family of origin and selected career development outcomes , Timothy Dean Dodge
- Expert Gallery
- Notify me via email or RSS
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
LearnTechLib - The Learning & Technology Library
- Popular Articles
- Conference Papers
- Publishing Partners
- Usage Statisics
- Technical Support
- License Agreement
- Digital Library
Dissertations for Behavioral Psychology
Huang, mei-hua, an investigation of the attitudes and barriers of the use of computer technology among track and field officials in taiwan, irani, tracy anne, is experience always the best teacher: the effects of direct experience and salient normative messages on adoption behavior in distance education, jaehnig, wendy, audio narration and reading ability in programmed instruction, jeffreys, chris, using video modeling to teach complex play sequences to children with autism, johnson, douglas a., when self-pacing goes wrong: a comparison of two methods for reducing computer-based racing, johnson, shawn edwin, the effects of a silent signaling device on math performance for children rated as inattentive by teacher or parent, kaffer, christine l., the effects of video modeling on skill acquisition in children with autism spectrum disorder, king, melissa l., effectiveness of the ipad in enhancing the mand repertoire for children with autism, kinsella, judith a., direct supervision: a computer feedback method used in the live supervision of first practicum marriage and family therapy students, klamik, loretta t., creating a product to increase internal motivation to use technology in the classroom, kolb, mary joy, an online training program for parents of children with autism, lambert, jody, effects of the peer-reviewer component of a computer-aided psi course, liang, poh-hwa, playing with computers: multiple correlates of young children's computer play behaviors, loitz, pamela ann, conjoint behavioral consultation using self-administered manual and videotape parent-teacher training: effects on children's behavioral difficulties, lovecchio, catherine poillon, on-line alcohol education: impact on knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of first-year college students, mackenzie, elizabeth patrice, the computer-assisted parenting program (capp): the use of a computerized behavioral parent training program as an educational tool, mason, lee landrum, a functional assessment of the use of virtual simulations to train distance preservice special education teachers to conduct individualized education program team meetings, meyer, michael glenn, human development and the use of health education media among adult type 2 diabetics in rural appalachia, meyers, deborah yvette roddey, the factors that motivate and impede computer use by teachers, michael, mary ellen, attitudes and perceived behavioral control of first-year college student's alcohol use: a study of an instructional software intervention, sign in or register, sign in using email & password.
Don't have a username/password? Sign up!
Sign in with Facebook
Sign in with Google
Save to Collections
Choose collection(s) to save to:
- General Default Rename to:
Home > College of Social and Behavioral Sciences > Psychology > Psychology Theses, Projects, and Dissertations
Psychology Theses, Projects, and Dissertations
Theses/projects/dissertations from 2023 2023.
WHY WE LEAVE: THE ROLE OF APPROACH AND AVOIDANCE MOTIVATIONS IN ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP DISSOLUTION , Emily Connard
THE IMPACT OF TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND WORKPLACE RELATIONSHIPS ON EMPLOYEE BURNOUT AND THEIR CORRELATION TO TURNOVER INTENTION AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT , Teni Davoudian
Development and Validation of the Employee-Supervisor Attachment Scale , Johnny Doherty
Adverse Childhood Experiences Effects on Hot and Cool Executive Functioning , Miriam Gabrielle Fenton
THE EFFECTS OF INNOVATIVE WORK CULTURE AND TRAINING QUALITY ON COUNTERPRODUCTIVE WORK BEHAVIORS , Emily Anne Garreton
Perceptions of Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Gains Following a Therapeutically Applied Tabletop Role Play Game Group , Tyler Giatroudakis
Pathways Through Care of Latinx Individuals Experiencing First-Episode Psychosis , Estevan Hernandez
BURNING OUT OF TIME: THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FUTURE TIME PERSPECTIVE, WORKAHOLISM, PSYCHOLOGICAL CAPITAL, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, AND BURNOUT , Hira Ikram
AUTHENTICITY, SUPPORT, AND IDENTITY MANAGEMENT IN THE WORKPLACE FOR TRANSGENDER EMPLOYEES , Raeven Jones
EMPLOYEE PERCEPTIONS OF STRESSORS AT WORK: AN ATTACHMENT PERSPECTIVE , Emma Josephine Naudet
Psychological Distress and Problematic Video Gaming: The Role of Psychological Inflexibility and Emotion Dysregulation , Frank Nieblas
IMPACT OF SUBJECTIVE COGNITIVE COMPLAINTS ON MCI DIAGNOSTIC CRITERIA IN ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE , Rhiannon Rivas
One of Us: Monoracial Latinx Perspectives of Multiracial Latinx-White Individuals , Rosemary Rojas
Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarkers Not Associated with Neurologic Compromise Among Mild Cognitively Impaired Reverters with Parkinson's Disease , Cameron Ryczek
THE EFFECT OF RESPONSE FORMAT ON FAKING IN PERSONALITY MEASUREMENTS USED FOR PERSONNEL SELECTION , Gilberto Sanchez
An Evaluation of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games for Psychological and Social Functioning Amongst Youth/Young Adults , Adam Thomas Soleski
REPEATED TREATMENT WITH 5-HT1A AND 5-HT1B RECEPTOR AGONISTS: EVIDENCE OF TOLERANCE AND BEHAVIORAL SENSITIZATION , Jordan Taylor
Toxic Leadership and its effect on Employees' Subjective Well-Being , Vaishnavi Waldiya
GRIEF, DEPRESSION, AND WELL-BEING: THE ROLE OF SOCIAL SUPPORT AND PSYCHOLOGICAL INFLEXIBILITY , Ashley Wicochea
The Effects of Organizational Justice , Anneliese Yuenger
Overtime Worked and Its Effect on Burnout, Illness, and Health outcomes , Haoqiu Zhang
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2022 2022
THE EFFECT OF NUMERACY AND MATH ANXIETY ON WHOLE NUMBER BIAS , Jasmine Jessica Leanna Bonsel
THE INFLUENCE OF MOTIVATION, ROLE IDENTITY, AND PERCEIVED MEANINGFULNESS OF WORK ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN VOLUNTEER SATISFACTION AND VOLUNTEER CONTRIBUTION , Tonia Christine Caraveo
The Influence of Work-Life Balance Directionality on Retirement Decisions , Joshua Craig
The Relationship Between COVID-19 Stress, Psychological Inflexibility, and Psycholoical Well-Being , Alyx Duckering
AS SEEN ON TV: REPRESENTATION OF WOMEN IN ADVERTISEMENTS AND THE EFFECTS ON WOMEN’S SELF-PERCEPTIONS, SELF-OBJECTIFICATION, AND SELF-DEHUMANIZATION , Kori Gearhart
Social Comparison and Shifting in Quantitative Performance , Ashlee Pardo
TO PREVENT OR TO DECEIVE: THE EFFECTS OF ORGANIZATIONAL JUSTICE ON MALINGERING AND WORKPLACE INJURY VIA PSYCHOLOGICAL CONTRACT BREACH AND SAFETY CLIMATE , Abraham Rico
THE ROLE OF TRAUMA COPING SELF-EFFICACY AND SHAME IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN VARIANTS OF SELF-BLAME AND PSYCHOLOGICAL OUTCOMES , Melody Robinson
OBSERVING GENDER ROLE SALIENCE AND GENDER ROLE FLEXIBILITY AS POTENTIAL BUFFERS BETWEEN LEVELS OF HOUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERIENCES WITH WORK-FAMILY CONFLICT AND ROLE OVERLOAD , Roberta Alexis Salgado
PREDICTORS OF DEPRESSION IN DIFFERENT SUBGROUPS OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE: A NEUROIMAGING STUDY , Yenny Gabriela Valenzuela
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2021 2021
I AM OUT, NOW WHAT?: THE DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD OF BEING JUSTICE-INVOLVED , Eric J. Cazares
What Impact Can Conflict Resolution Skills Have on Conflict Experienced Within Culturally Heterogenous Virtual Teams? , Kellen Dohrman
ANTECEDENTS AND OUTCOMES OF EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATIONAL ORIENTATION PERCEPTION , Kaleb Garcia
HOUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERIENCES OF WORK-FAMILY CONFLICT AND WELL-BEING AMONG FATHERS: THE ROLE OF IDENTITY AND GENDER ROLE BELIEFS , Rita Garcia
I’M ATTACHED TO MY WORK: AN INVESTIGATION OF JOB EMBEDDEDNESS AS A MEDIATOR BETWEEN WORKAHOLISM ON EMOTIONAL EXHAUSTION, SUBJECTIVE WELL-BEING, AND TURNOVER INTENTIONS , Cristian Hernandez
HOW THE LEVEL OF JOB COMPLEXITY IMPACTS THE GENDER WAGE GAP ACROSS OCCUPATIONS , Zytlaly Magaña Corona
LGB EMPLOYMENT AND CIVIL RIGHTS PROTECTIONS: EMPHASIZING EXISTING AND POTENTIAL POLICY FOR IMPROVING THE LGB HIRING , Alexa Nicole Massiquet
FAMILY-SUPPORTIVE SUPERVISOR BEHAVIOR AND FATHERS’ WORK-FAMILY CONFLICT , Talar Ohanian
SEROTONIN 1B/1A RECEPTOR MODULATION ON BEHAVIORAL FLEXIBILITY IN C57BL/6J MICE , Brandon L. Oliver
EFFECTS OF NEONATAL ETHANOL EXPOSURE IN NORMAL AND DOPAMINE DEFICIENT RATS , Jessica Luz Razo
THE WEIGHT OF SCOPE, PACE, AND PRACTICES OF ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE DURING EVALUATIONS OF ACCEPTANCE OF ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE , Lewis Schneider
Inducing Proactive Control with High Load AX-CPT , Mina Selim
INVESTIGATING THE ROLE OF EXPECTATIONS OF DISCLOSURE IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TRAUMA-RELATED SHAME AND SEEKING MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES , Holly Rachelle Timblin
Does Working Memory Capacity Modulate the Relationship between Intentional Mind-Wandering and Task Demand? , Stephen Ware
Spirituality, Inclusivity, Workplace Well-Being, and Organizational Citizenship Behavior , Rebecca Williams
HELPING YOUR CHILDREN DEVELOP POSITIVE, SUCCESSFUL SIBLING RELATIONSHIPS: A 4-SESSION PARENTING WORKSHOP , Caitlin Marie Younger Sackett
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2020 2020
THE IMPACT OF EXPERIENCING AGEISM AND SOCIAL SUPPORT ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AGE AND PERCEPTIONS OF SELF-EFFICACY , Sean Alexander
Working Women’s Cognitive Attributions and Self-Perceptions After Experiences of Subtle Sexism and Internalized Sexism , Amanda Bain
THE IMPACT OF NEGATIVE AFFECT ON PSYCHOLOGICAL WELL-BEING THROUGH AFFECTIVE COMMITMENT, ORGANIZATIONAL CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIORS, AND EMPLOYEE BURNOUT , Michelle Balesh
BIOLOGICAL SIBLINGS: CAN YOU TRUST THEM WITH YOUR MATE? , Elisha Barron
THE INCREMENTAL EFFECT OF VOLUNTARINESS OF PART TIME WORK STATUS OVER AGE IN PREDICTING WORK MOTIVATION IN PART TIME WORKERS , Daniel A. Caro
INVESTIGATING WORK ENGAGEMENT AND AFFECTIVE COMMITMENT THROUGH A MULTI-DIMENSIONAL WORK UNDERLOAD SCALE, MEDIATED BY WORK-RELATED BOREDOM , Jessica Clemons
REFINEMENT OF THE SPITEFULNESS CONSTRUCT , Arturo Covarrubias-Paniagua
Anticipated Stigma and Chronic Illness: The Impact of Psychosocial Safety Climate , Michelle DeOrsey
A PARENTING CURRICULUM FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS OF YOUNG CHILDREN WITH A FOCUS ON ATTACHMENT THEORY , Alexandria Driscoll
ESTABLISHING THE PUBLIC LIBRARY AS AN OUT-OF-SCHOOL PARTNER IN STEM/STEAM EDUCATION , Gwyneth Fernandez
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AUTOMATION THREAT AND EMPLOYEE RELATED OUTCOMES USING SUPPORT AS A BUFFER AND MODERATED BY TRANSFORMATIONAL AND TRANSACTIONAL LEADERSHIP , Monica Garcia
A FOUR-SESSION WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH AUTISM: UNDERSTANDING AND MANAGING CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS, AND SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN WITH ASD , Vanessa Huizar
SELF-STIGMA AND HELP-SEEKING IN FIRST GENERATION STUDENTS: THE MODERATING ROLE OF EMPOWERMENT , D'Andra P. Johnson
Virtuality Now: Redefining Virtuality from an Individual Perspective , Trinity Kerr
SUPPORTING EARLY DEVELOPMENT AND SCHOOL READINESS IN INFANTS AND TODDLERS: A 4-SESSION PARENTING WORKSHOP , Elaine Krzeminski
Work-Related Communications After Hours: The Influence of Communication Technologies and Age on Work-Life Conflict and Burnout , Alison Loreg
The Myers-Briggs Personality System and its Moderating Effects on the Relationship Between Job Characteristics and Job Satisfaction , Rebecca Marshall
THE ROLE OF EMOTIONAL ACCEPTANCE AND AWARENESS IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER SYMPTOMS AND POSTTRAUMATIC GROWTH AMONG SURVIVORS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT , Cecilia Maria Melendez
DUAL MECHANISMS OF COGNITIVE CONTROL: AN EYE TRACKING STUDY , Kyle Mobly
SCOPE OF ATTENTION VARIATION AS A FUNCTION OF ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION , Kathleen O'Donnell
The Role of Numerical Processing and Working Memory Capacity on the Relationship Between Math Anxiety and Math Performance , Pilar Olid
DEMOGRAPHIC DIFFERENCES IN THE PERCEIVED INVASION OF PRIVACY WHEN SOCIAL MEDIA IS USED IN PERSONNEL SELECTION , Zayna Osborne
RETIREMENT PLANNING MOTIVATION FROM A REINFORCEMENT SENSITIVITY THEORY (RST) PERSPECTIVE , Luke Poulter
Developmental Implications of Parentification: An Examination of Ethnic Variation and Loneliness , Bertha Preciado
Helping Young Girls Build a Positive Body Image: A Training Workshop for Parents , Jennifer Richardson
HOW TO HELP YOUR CHILD SUCCEED IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL A PARENT EDUCATION WORKSHOP , Lauren Rivera
The Relationship Between Subtle Sexism and Women's Careers Explained by Cognitive Processes and Moderated by Attachment Styles , Patricia Carolina Rivera
The Consequences of Social Exclusion on Women's Negative Emotions and Self-Regulation of Unhealthy Eating , Caitlin Shaw
The Importance of Nutrition for Development in Early Childhood , Kaitlyn Sue Suha
FELT INCLUSION AMONG SEXUAL MINORITY EMPLOYEES: THE ROLES OF THE ORGANIZATION AND SUPERVISOR , Jamie Michael Tombari
The Importance of Recess in the Lives of Children , Kayla L. Villanueva
THE INFLUENCE OF SPIRITUALITY ON MOTIVATION IN THE WORK PLACE , Tong Yao
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2019 2019
How Prototypicality Influences Inferences and Discrimination Towards Gay Men , Adam Beam
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN JUSTICE PERCEPTIONS, CONSCIENTIOUSNESS AND WORKPLACE BEHAVIORS AMONG OLD AND YOUNG EMPLOYEES , Martha P. Blanco Villarreal
THE IMPORTANCE OF FIT: FOSTERING JOB SATISFACTION AND RETENTION IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS , Heather Carrasco
THE IMPACT OF SEXUAL ASSAULT DISCLOSURE REACTIONS ON INTERPERSONAL FACTORS AND MENTAL HEALTH , Lindsey Chesus
Women's Perceptions of Sexual Assault Perpetrators and Fear of Rape , Aaron George Cisneros
DIVERSITY STRUCTURES AND WHITES' CLAIMS OF BIAS , Princess Egbule
IMPACT OF CONDITIONAL JOB OFFER ON APPLICANT REACTIONS TO SOCIAL MEDIA IN THE SELECTION PROCESS , Ashley Gomez
THE EFFECTS OF WORKING MEMORY CAPACITY AND TRAIT ANXIETY ON VISUAL SHORT-TERM MEMORY PERFORMANCE , Celene Gonzalez
THE DARK SIDE OF FAMILY SUPPORTIVE SUPERVISOR BEHAVIORS: IS GETTING HELP WITH FAMILY NEEDS DETRIMENTAL TO WOMEN'S CAREERS? , Gino Howard
EARLY-LIFE METHYLPHENIDATE DECREASES SOCIAL ANXIETY IN ADULT FEMALE RATS WITHOUT CENTRAL DOPAMINE DEFICIENCY , Graham James Kaplan
The Impact of Sexual Assault Training and Gender on Rape Attitudes , Monica Krolnik Campos
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN REPRESENTATION AND STRESS FOR WOMEN OF COLOR IN THE WORKPLACE , Aurora Luksetich
EFFECTS OF ANXIETY AND WORKING MEMORY CAPACITY ON PERFORMANCE IN THE EMOTIONAL STROOP TASK , Gia Macias
THE ROLE OF SELF-COMPASSION IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MORAL INJURY AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DISTRESS AMONG MILITARY VETERANS , Mernyll Manalo
Development of the Mate Expulsion Inventory , Nestor Maria
Sexual Harassment, Justice Perceptions, and Social Identity: Cognition and Group Dynamics , Devon Marrott
THE ROLE OF SEXUAL SELF-SCHEMA AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DISTRESS IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SEXUAL VICTIMIZATION AND SEXUAL FUNCTIONING AND SATISFACTION , Alexandra Medina
EXAMINING GAY BLACK MEN’S EXPERIENCES OF RACISM FROM THE LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY , Christopher Mendez
Neurological Correlates of the Dunning-Kruger Effect , Alana Lauren Muller
Behavioral and Neural Correlates of Misses During Cued Recall , Lindsey Sirianni
AGE-DEPENDENT EFFECTS OF EEDQ ON COCAINE-INDUCED LOCOMOTOR ACTIVITY AND D2 RECEPTOR SUPERSENSITIVITY , Angie Teran
Page 1 of 9
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Department, Program, or Office
- Psychology Department Web Site
A service of the John M. Pfau Library
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Privacy Copyright Acrobat Reader
- USF Research
- USF Libraries
Digital Commons @ USF > College of Arts and Sciences > Psychology > Theses and Dissertations
Psychology Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Improving the Subjective Well-Being of Autistic Youth Utilizing a Positive Psychology Intervention , Nicolette Bauermeister
An Experimental Study of Negative Performance Feedback: Consideration of a Cognitive Pathway and Individual Difference Factors , Ansley M. Bender
A Critical Analysis of the Graduate Socialization of Racially Minoritized School Psychology Students , Tatiana J. Broughton
The Influence of COVID-19 on Tobacco Racial Health Disparities: Testing the Differential Effects of COVID-19 on Smoking Motivation Variables across Black and White Smokers , Patricia F. Calixte-Civil
An Evaluation of Measurement Invariance of DSM-5 Borderline Personality Disorder Criteria Across Heterosexual, Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Adults , E. Elisa Carsten
The Development of a Behaviorally Based Mentoring Workplace Scale , Christina N. Falcon
Examining the Role of Executive Functions on the Intention-Behavior Gap of Alcohol Harm Reduction Strategy Use , Becky K. Gius
Planning to Behave Impulsively to Feel Better: An EMA Study of College Students' Nonsuicidal Self-Injury, Binge Eating, and Exercise Behaviors , Rose H. Miller
The Effects of Divided Attention in Free Recall: Affecting Trace Accumulation by Dividing Attention , Anne Olsen
Investigating Risk Factors of the Development of Compulsive Exercise and Eating Disorder Symptoms in College Students , Madeline Palermo
Invisible Families, Clear Consequences: Work-Family Integration Among Employees in Same Gender Presenting Romantic Relationships , Joseph Regina
Threats to School Safety: Examining Levels of Community Violence and Its Relation to School-Related Threats , Dorie Ross
Observed Error Monitoring as an Index of Theory of Mind , Kipras Varkala
I'll Make a Man Out of You: Precarious Manhood Beliefs among Heterosexual-Cisgender Men and Queer Men , Serena L. Wasilewski
Temporal and Spatial Properties of Orientation Summary Statistic Representations , Jacob S. Zepp
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Boredom, Interoceptive Ability, and Emotional Eating , Erica Ahlich
Environmental Transmission of Career Interests Through a Genetic Lens: Understanding the Confounding Around Parental Occupation , Tyler Allan
Do Suicide Attempt Survivors Have Reduced Long-Term Well-Being? A Study of Veterans Across Three Nationally Representative Cohorts , Bradley A. Brown
Depersonalized, Dysregulated, and Demanded: The Impact of Burnout on Appraisal and Emotional Events , Katrina M. Conen
Breast Health Esteem to Motivate Breast Health Behavioral Intentions: An Application of the Terror Management Health Model , Emily P. Courtney
Gender Differences in College Drinkers: The Role of Masculine Norms , Jared A. Davis
Prevalence and Predictors of Careless Responding in Experience Sampling Research , Alexander J. Denison
Perceptions of Workplace Discrimination: A Closer Look , Jeremiah Doaty
The Impact of Cannabis on Motivational Processes for Smoked Tobacco and Cigarettes , Claire M. Gorey
Outcomes of a Telehealth Adaptation of a Trauma-Based Parent Training Program , Holland Hayford
Why Don’t They Just Ask?: Barriers to Directly Requesting Affirmative Sexual Consent by Gender and Sexual Orientation , Jessica A. Jordan
Examining the Social Validity of Parent Training: Post-Participation Parent Perceptions and Reflections of Group Triple P , Nycole C. Kauk
Individual Differences in Response to Hostile and Benevolent Sexism in a STEM Interview Context: The Moderating Role of Behavioral Activation , Elizabeth Kiebel
Do Sociability Expectancies Moderate Social Anxiety Predicting Alcohol Consumption Following a Social Stressor Speech Task , Jacob A. Levine
An Object for Sexual Pleasure: Does Viewing Sexualized Media Predict Increases in Self and Partner Objectification Impacting Feelings of Sexual and Romantic Closeness? , Kaitlyn Ligman
Influences of Sentence Context and Individual Differences in Lexical Quality on Early Phonological Processing during Silent Reading , Sara Milligan
Testing the Effects of Social Exclusion on Emotional Arousal: An Examination of the Effects of Psychological Pain and Rumination , Amanda L. Peterson
Creating a Short, Public-Domain Version of the CPAI-2: Using an Algorithmic Approach to Develop Public-Domain Measures of Indigenous Personality Traits , Mukhunth Raghavan
Equitable Implementation of the Good Behavior Game , Faith D. Reynolds
Ethnic-Racial Minoritized Adolescents’ Perceptions of Cyberhate, School Connectedness, Ethnic-Racial Identity, and Life Satisfaction , Alexis Taylor
Predicting Future Well-Being Among United States Youth Who Attempted Suicide and Survived , Bingjie Tong
Approach and Avoidance Food Craving: A Dual Cue Reactivity Investigation , Christina Lee Verzijl
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
School Professional Coaching on Facilitation of Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) Model for Students with Persistent Problem Behavior , Rachel Ayres
Influencing Motivation for Alcohol through Social Bonding , Bryan Benitez
Case Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis: Using a Desensitization Procedure to Decrease Problem Behavior Towards Peers and Using a Treatment Package to Increase Time Spent in a Small Group , Mallamy I. Camargo Pena
Testing the Congruence of Espousals and Enactments Predicting Team Innovation , Rylan M. Charlton
The General Psychopathology Factor ( p ) From Adolescence to Adulthood: Disentangling the Developmental Trajectories of p Using a Multi-Method Approach , Alexandria M. Choate
An Ecological Momentary Assessment of Disordered Eating Behaviors within Alcohol Use Episodes: Determining Temporal Sequencing in Food and Alcohol Disturbance , Emily M. Choquette
The Influence of Maternal Body-Shaming Comments and Bodily Shame on Portion Size , Savannah R. Flak
Mental Health Problems, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Offending Behavior Among Persons Incarcerated in a County Jail , Lauren F. Fournier
The Adaptive, Social, Communication, and Cognitive Skills of Monolingual and Bilingual Toddlers with Autism , Marcela A. Galicia
Good Intentions Go Awry: Investigation of Unhelpful Supportive Leadership , Cheryl E. Gray
Hello Traitor: An Examination of Individual Differences in Perceptions of Technology-Related Incivility , David J. Howard
Measuring State Empathy: Exploring the Efficacy of a Film Clip Task and Examining Individual Differences in Empathic Responding , Stephanie R. Hruza
The Relationship of Hope to Goals and Psychological Outcomes in Patients with Advanced Lung Cancer: A Test of Hope Theory , Kelly A. Hyland
Decisions and How Doctors Make Them: Modeling Multilevel Decision-Making within Diagnostic Medicine , Michelle S. Kaplan
Cultural Values as a Moderator of the Emotion Suppression to Strain Relationship: A Comparison of Two Dominant Theoretical Mechanisms , Roxanne C. Lawrence
How Enduring is Global Precedence? , Jong Lee
Cool Under Fire: Psychopathic Traits and Decision-Making in Law Enforcement-Oriented Populations , Sean J. McKinley
Cognitive Ability and Ambivalence toward Alcohol: An Examination of Working Memory Capacity’s Influence on Drinking Behavior , Emily T. Noyes
The Relationship Between Parenting Stress, Attendance, and Attrition in a Group-Based Parent Management Training Program , David Rubio Jr.
Unintended Consequences? Testing the Effects of Adolescent-Targeted Anti-Vaping Media upon Adult Smokers , Leslie E. Sawyer
“Just Joking”: Women’s Cardiovascular Responses to Sexist Humor , Samantha Shepard
Negative Performance Feedback and the Self-Regulatory Benefits of Mindfulness , Jeremiah Slutsky
Examining the Potential Interactions of Expectancies and Disordered Eating Behavior , Cody B. Staples
The nature of resilience: A person-centered approach using latent profile analysis , Yuejia Teng
Evaluation of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Fit Indices in Distinguishing between Circumplex and Other Factor Models , Andrew J. Thurston
Comparison of Parameter Estimation Approaches for Multi-Unidimensional Pairwise Preference Tests , Naidan Tu
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
The Impact of Cues on Autobiographical Memory Recall in Depression , Ena Begovic
Perfectionism, Negative Life Events, and Cognitive Appraisal: A Contextual Model of Perfectionism’s Maladaptive Nature , Ansley M. Bender
The Effect of Acute Interpersonal Racial Discrimination on Smoking Motivation and Behavior among Black Smokers , Patricia F. Calixte-Civil
Parent Coping and Sibling Relationship Quality in Pediatric Cancer: The Moderating Effects of Parental Emotion Socialization Beliefs , Esther Davila
Higher Sense of Control Predicts Long-term Well-being After Depression , Andrew R. Devendorf
Villains or Vermin? The Differential Effects of Discrimination and Dehumanization on Immigrant Cardiovascular Responses , Mona El-Hout
Alcohol Expectancy Associates as a Probe of the Motivational Processes that Lead to Drinking , Daniel C. Faraci
Features of borderline personality and related psychopathologies as a contemporaneously and temporally connected network , Haya Fatimah
Editing the Self Away: The Effects of Photo Manipulation on Perceptions of the Self , Roxanne N. Felig
Motivation Matters: The Interaction of Approach and Avoidance Alcohol Motivation and Self-Control Demands in College Drinkers , Becky K. Gius
Facilitators and Barriers to Treatment Engagement in a Behavioral Parent Training Program , Holland Hayford
Effects of Inter-Male Status Challenge and Psychopathic Traits on Sexual Aggression , Amy M. Hoffmann
If at First You Don’t Succeed...Your Coworkers Just Might Be Pleased: A Story of Workplace Schadenfreude , Kim Johnson
Motivation to Volunteer , Lendi N. Joy
Exploration of Drive for Leanness in Relation to Drives for Thinness and Muscularity, as well as their Concurrent Associations with Health-Related Outcomes , Brittany Lang
Affect and Craving: Examining the Differential Influences of Positive and Negative Affect on Inclinations to Approach and Avoid Alcohol Use , Jacob A. Levine
Threat-Induced Alterations in Cognition and Associations with Disinhibited Behavior , Julia B. McDonald
A Prospective Examination of Psychosocial Outcomes Following Gynecomastia Surgery , D. Luis Ordaz
Assessing the Impacts of Sensorimotor Stimuli and Nicotine Content on Cravings and Other Outcomes of E-Cigarette Use , Amanda M. Palmer
The Threat of Virality: Digital Outrage Combats the Spread of Opposing Ideas , Curtis Puryear
Why Are Women Leaving STEM? An Examination of Workplace Rivalry , Joseph Regina
A Fidelity-based Integration Model for Explicit and Implicit Ensemble Coding , Ke Tong
Care in Context: Constructing a Theory of Care in One Fifth Grade Classroom , Emily J. Wingate
Depression, Music Choice, and Affective Outcomes in Daily Life , Sunkyung Yoon
The Immediate Effect of a Brief Mindfulness Intervention on Attention and Acceptance , Xiaoqian Yu
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Understanding the Mechanisms Between Job Stress and Employee Sleep: A Daily Diary Study , Marijana L. Arvan
The Effects of Mortality Salience on Interest in Death (and Life) Among High Openness Individuals , Patrick Boyd
Linking Sleep and Aggression: The Role of Response Inhibition and Emotional Processing , Melanie L. Bozzay
Mapping Reward Values to Cues, Locations, and Objects: The Influence of Reward Associations on Visual Attention , Constanza de Dios
From C++ to Conscientiousness: Modeling the Psychosocial Characteristics Influencing Cybersecurity Personnel Performance , Rachel C. Dreibelbis
Personality and Process: The Role of Dyadic Homophily , Christina N. Falcon
Why Does Coaching Work? An Examination of Inputs and Process Variables in an Employee Coaching Program , Sarah E. Frick
Examining the Effect of Context on Responses to Social Interaction , Renee R. Hangartner
Women’s Orgasm Gap as a Function of Precarious Manhood , Jessica A. Jordan
Collaboration: Who, When, and Why to Work Together , Michelle S. Kaplan
Prejudice Asymmetry: The Cultural Acceptance of Sexism , Sophie Kuchynka
Linking Trait-Based Influences with Proximal, Contextually Driven Processes to Understand the Relationship Between Alcohol Use and Risk Behavior , Patrick M. Logan
- Email Notifications and RSS
- All Collections
- USF Faculty Publications
- Open Access Journals
- Conferences and Events
- Theses and Dissertations
- Textbooks Collection
- Psychology Department Homepage
- Rights Information
- Submit Research
Home | About | Help | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Language and Diversity Statements
Home > School, College, or Department > CLAS > Psychology > Dissertations and Theses
Psychology Dissertations and Theses
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Examining Factors Impacting the Service Needs of Unhoused Women , Holly Brott
Main, Mediated, and Moderated Effects of Participating in an After-School Social and Emotional Learning Program on Young Children's Development of Social-Emotional Skills , Amy L. Cordier
Who Puts the "Support" in Supportive Housing? The Impact of Housing Staff on Resident's Well-Being, and the Potential Moderating Role of Self-Determination , Kenna Estell Dickard
Tell Me, Do You Feel It Too? A Meta-analysis of Dyadic Emotional Contagion in the Workplace , Stefanie Fox
Left on "Read" and All Alone: Instigated Cyber Incivility, Shame, and Experienced Ostracism at Work , Alison Lucia Hunt
Exploring Associations between Military Identity and Well-being Outcomes among Post-9/11 Veterans after Separation , James David Lee
Experiences of People with Serious Mental Illness Seeking Services at Community Mental Health Centers During the COVID-19 Pandemic , Emily Leickly
Why So Serious? Using the Belongingness Need Tenet from the Self-Determination Theory to Examine Workplace Humor and Its Outcomes , Katharine Lucille McMahon
Diversity in Recruitment: The Role of Realistic Website Job Previews for Racial and Ethnic Minority Applicants , Jennifer Saucedo
Antecedents of FSSB: Evaluating the Demographic Basis of Support , Erika Ann Schemmel
A Daily Investigation of the Recovery Paradox: Examining the Dynamic Interplay of Workload, Recovery Experiences, and Microbreaks , Morgan Rose Taylor
Not on the Menu: Customer Sexual Harassment in the Restaurant Industry , Fernanda Wolburg Martinez
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Model.Disclose(): Examination of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Disclosure at Work , Timothy Allen Carsey
Transforming Learning Communities, Transforming Ourselves: A Qualitative Investigation of Identity Processes in a Participatory Action Research-themed Undergraduate Course , Julia Sara Dancis
Clarifying and Measuring Inclusive Leadership , Kelly Mason Hamilton
Intersections of Masculinity, Culturally Relevant Factors, and Intimate Partner Violence Perpetration Among Asian American Men , Jason Z. Kyler-Yano
Sleeping to Support: An Examination of the Relationship Between Leader Sleep and Positive Support Behaviors , Jordyn Jan Leslie
Work-Related IPV Among Latinos: Exploring the Roles of Fatherhood Status, Gendered Expectations, and Support for Intimate Partner's Employment , Adrian Luis Manriquez
Masculinity Instability and Ideologies as Predictors of IPV Perpetration: The Mediating Role of Relationship Power , Emma Christine Marioles O'Connor
The Benefits of Social Support on Health and Well-Being in Military Populations: Examining Mechanisms, Source of Support, and the Reach of a Workplace Well-Being Intervention , AnnaMarie Sophia O'Neill
Do Motives Matter? The Role of Motivation in Shaping the Impact of Mindfulness Training on Teachers' Psychological Distress and Wellbeing , Cristi N. Pinela
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
The Longitudinal Effects of a Family and Sleep Supportive Intervention on Service Member Anger and Resilience , Shalene Joyce Allen
Drug Conviction and Employment Restriction: Experiences of Employees with Drug-Related Criminal Histories , Liana Bernard
Sustaining Boys' Motivation Over the Transition to Middle School: Can Interpersonal Resources Protect Boys from Engagement Declines Across Sixth Grade? , Brandy Anne Brennan
Returning to Rejection: Outcomes and Boundary Conditions of Mental Illness Stereotypes , Stefanie Fox
Guarding Against Strain: The Moderating Role of Nonwork Experiences in the Relationship Between Work-Related Hypervigilance and Strain in Correctional Officers , Samantha Getzen
Anti-Muslim Bias: Investigating Individual Differences, Threat Perceptions, and Emotions in Islamophobic Policy Support , Aeleah M. Granger
Black Children's Development of Self-Regulation within Stressful Contexts of Parenting: Investigating Potential Buffering Effects of a Kindergarten Social-Emotional Learning Program , Eli Labinger
"Like I Was an Actual Researcher": Participation and Identity Trajectories of Underrepresented Minority and First-Generation STEM Students in Research Training Communities of Practice , Jennifer Lynn Lindwall
Claiming Miscommunication to Justify Rape: The Role of Liking the Perpetrator , Alyssa Marie Glace Maryn
An "I" for an "I" : A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Instigated and Reciprocal Incivility , Lauren Sarah Park
Parenting and Children's Academic Coping as a Dynamic System: Feedforward, Feedback, and Mediators of Changes Across the School Year , Kristen Elizabeth Raine
Does Experiencing Spousal Support and Strain Impact the Quality of Family-Based Support that Supervisors Provide to Employees? , Joseph Alvin Sherwood
"B-ing Flexible" : Examining Creativity in Bisexual Employees , Megan Jane Snoeyink
Exploring the Relationships Between Community Experiences and Well-Being among Youth Experiencing Homelessness , Katricia Stewart
Mothers' Drinking Motives , Sheila Kathleen Umemoto
An Examination of Nurses' Schedule Characteristics, Recovery from Work, and Well-Being , Sarah Elizabeth Van Dyck
Preventing Sexual Violence Through Understanding Perceptions of Sexual Offenders , Judith G. Zatkin
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Examining Employee Needs at Work and Home: a Self-Determination Theory Perspective , Dana Anuhea Auten
Trajectories, Time Windows, and Alternative Pathways of Engagement: Motivational Resources Underlying Academic Development during Middle School , Heather Anne Brule
Examining Mindfulness Training for Teachers: Theoretical and Methodological Extensions of Intervention Effectiveness , Jaiya Rae Choles
Detecting Reinforcement Patterns in the Stream of Naturalistic Observations of Social Interactions , James Lamar DeLaney 3rd
An Investigation of the Temporal Relationship Between Agitation and Sleep Disturbances , Emily Catherine Denning
Peers' Academic Coping as a Resource for Academic Engagement and Motivational Resilience in the First Year of Middle School , Daniel Lee Grimes
Home Resources Supporting Workplace Resources: an Investigation of Moderated Intervention Effects From the Study for Employment Retention of Veterans (SERVe) , Sarah Nielsen Haverly
"It Puts a Face to All the Knowledge We've Gotten" : a Program of Research on Intimate Partner Violence Surrogate Impact Panels , Kate Louise Sackett Kerrigan
A Daily Examination of Anger and Alcohol Use Among Post-9/11 Veterans , James David Lee
An Examination of Daily Family-Supportive Supervisor Behaviors, Perceived Supervisor Responsiveness and Job Satisfaction , Luke Daniel Mahoney
Nurse Can't Even: the Immediate Impact of Incivility on Affect, Well-being, and Behavior , Katharine Lucille McMahon
Perceptions of Police Use of Force at the Intersection of Race and Pregnancy , Emma Elizabeth Lee Money
The Impact of Paternal Caregivers for Youth Who Commit Sexual Offenses , Miranda Hope Sitney
Human Energy in the Workplace: an Investigation of Daily Energy Management Strategies, Job Stressors and Employee Outcomes , Morgan Rose Taylor
Individual and Community Supports that Impact Community Inclusion and Recovery for Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses , Rachel Elizabeth Terry
Investigating Sexual Fantasy and Sexual Behavior in Adolescent Offenders , Hayley Lauren Tews
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Integrating Work Ability into the Organizational Science Literature: Advancing Theory and Developing the Nomological Network , Grant Brady
Family Linked Workplace Resources and Contextual Factors as Important Predictors of Job and Individual Well-being for Employees and Families , Jacquelyn Marie Brady
The Role of Teacher Autonomy Support Across the Transition to Middle School: its Components, Reach, and Developmental Effects , Julia Sara Dancis
Does X Mark the Applicant? Assessing Reactions to Gender Non-Binary Job Seekers , Kelly Mason Hamilton
Urbanicity as a Moderator of the Relationship Between Stigma and Well-being Outcomes for Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses , Emily Leickly
The Relationship Between Undergraduate Research Training Programs and Motivational Resources for Underrepresented Minority Students in STEM: Program Participation, Self-efficacy, a Sense of Belonging, and Academic Performance , Jennifer Lindwall
Perceived Partner Responsiveness, Sleep and Pain: a Dyadic Study of Military-Connected Couples , AnnaMarie Sophia O'Neill
Recruitment Marketing: How Do Wellness and Work-Life Benefits Influence Employer Image Perceptions, Organizational Attraction, and Job Pursuit Intentions? , Amy Christine Pytlovany
The Combined Effects of Parent and Teacher Involvement on the Development of Adolescents' Academic Engagement , Nicolette Paige Rickert
Examining the Development and Classroom Dynamics of Student Disaffection Over Multiple Time Periods: Short-term Episodes and Long-term Trajectories , Emily Anne Saxton
Drinking on a Work Night: a Comparison of Day and Person-Level Associations with Workplace Outcomes , Brittnie Renae Shepherd
Development and Validation of the Workplace Mental Illness Stigma Scale (W-MISS) , Nicholas Anthony Smith
Relational Thriving in Context: Examining the Roles of Gratitude, Affectionate Touch, and Positive Affective Variability in Health and Well-Being , Alicia Rochelle Starkey
Preventing Child Sexual Abuse and Juvenile Offending Through Parental Monitoring , Kelly E. Stewart
"To Call or Not to Call?" The Impact of Supervisor Training on Call Center Employee Attitudes and Well-Being , Whitney Elan Schneider Vogel
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
The Impact of Leader Race and Gender on Perceptions of Organizations in Response to Corporate Error , Nicolas Derek Brown
Impacts of Mindfulness Training on Mechanisms Underlying Stress Reduction in Teachers: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial , Jaiya Rae Choles
Student Motivation Profiles as a Diagnostic Tool to Help Teachers Provide Targeted Support , Cailin Tricia Currie
Insufficient Effort Responding on Mturk Surveys: Evidence-Based Quality Control for Organizational Research , Lee Cyr
Affirmative Consent Endorsement and Peer Norms Supporting Sexual Violence Among Vulnerable Students on College Campuses , Alyssa Marie Glace
Gendered Partner-Ideals, Relationship Satisfaction, and Intimate Partner Violence , Sylvia Marie Ferguson Kidder
Organizational Calling and Safety: the Role of Workload and Supervisor Support , Layla Rhiannon Mansfield
Bystander Intervention to Prevent Campus Sexual Violence: the Role of Sense of Community, Peer Norms, and Administrative Responding , Erin Christine McConnell
Benevolent Sexism and Racial Stereotypes: Targets, Functions, and Consequences , Jean Marie McMahon
Perceived Overqualification and Withdrawal Among Seasonal Workers: Would Work Motivation Make a Difference? , Anthony Duy Nguyen
Differential Well-Being in Response to Incivility and Surface Acting among Nurses as a Function of Race , Lauren Sarah Park
Financial Strain and the Work-Home Interface: a Test of the Work-Home Resources Model from the Study for Employment Retention of Veterans (SERVe) , MacKenna Laine Perry
Neighbor Perceptions of Psychiatric Supportive Housing : the Role of Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviors , Amy Leigh Shearer
The Role of Caregiver Disruption in the Development of Juvenile Sexual Offenders , Miranda Sitney
Intrapersonal and Social-Contextual Factors Related to Psychological Well-being among Youth Experiencing Homelessness , Katricia Stewart
Age-based Differences in the Usefulness of Resources: a Multi-Study Investigation of Work and Well-being Outcomes , Lale Muazzez Yaldiz
Pathways to Kindergarten Growth: Synthesizing Theories of the Kindergarten Transition to Support Children's Development , Rita Yelverton
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
The Force of Manhood: the Consequences of Masculinity Threat on Police Officer Use of Force , Aurelia Terese Alston
Supervisor Mindfulness and Its Association with Leader-Member Exchange , Dana Anuhea Auten
Combat Experiences, Iso-strain, and Sleep Quality Affect Symptoms of Posttraumatic Stress among Working Post-9/11 Veterans , Gilbert Patrick Brady Jr.
A Study of Shame-proneness, Drinking Behaviors, and Workplace Role Ambiguity Among a Sample of Student Workers , Sarah Nielsen Haverly
Intraminority Support For and Participation In Race-Based Collective Action Movements: an Intersectional Perspective , Jaboa Shawntaé Lake
Patients and Nurses and Doctors Oh My!: Nurse Retention from a Multi-Foci Aggression Perspective , Kevin Oliver Novak
Intimate Partner Violence Impact Panels for Batterer Intervention: a Mixed-Methods Evaluation of a Restorative Justice Process , Kate Louise Sackett
Investigating the Relationship Between Supervisor Status and the Modus Operandi of Juvenile Sexual Offenders: a Routine Activity Theory Perspective , Kelly E. Stewart
The Influence of Sense of Community on the Relationship Between Community Participation and Recovery for Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses , Rachel Elizabeth Terry
Profiles of School Readiness and Implications for Children's Development of Academic, Social, and Engagement Skills , Elizabeth Jane Tremaine
Capturing Peers', Teachers', and Parents' Joint Contributions to Students' Engagement: an Exploration of Models , Justin William Vollet
Sleep and Young Children's Development of Self-Regulation and Academic Skills , Emily Michelle Weiss
Examining the Structure of the Modus Operandi Questionnaire for Adult & Juvenile Sex Offenders , Judith Gayle Zatkin
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
A Meta-Analysis of the Nomological Network of Work Ability , Grant Brady
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Featured Collections
- All Authors
- Schools & Colleges
- Dissertations & Theses
- PDXOpen Textbooks
- Faculty Expert Gallery
- Submit Research
- Faculty Profiles
- Feedback Form
Home | About | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Portland State University
Edinburgh Research Archive
- ERA Home
- Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences, School of
Psychology PhD thesis collection
By Issue Date Authors Titles Subjects Publication Type Sponsor Supervisors
Search within this Collection:
This material is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Causal induction in time , ‘north indians’ and ‘south indians’ online: a discursive psychological study of the use of membership categories on social media , pregnancy and children’s development (precede): how maternal inflammation in pregnancy affects child outcomes , effects of modality, administration and stimulus on picture descriptions in adults , binocular strategies in reading and non-reading visual tasks: from oculomotor behaviours to higher cognition , application of gene-set analysis to identify the molecular genetic correlates of human cognitive abilities , computational framework of human causal generalization , social biases of mention order , reasoning about quantities and concepts: studies in social learning , navigating expectations for sustainable product design: a discursive psychology analysis of designers’ accounts , relation learning and reasoning on computational models of high level cognition , symbolic-connectionist model of relation learning and visual reasoning , understanding long-term forgetting in the healthy and clinical population: evidence from different research paradigms and methods , longitudinal depression trajectories: the persistence of depression symptomology and their genetic & environmental underpinnings from mid- to later-life , decision-making and memory: an investigation on the recollection of a moral dilemma , reporting racism in the public domain , bilingual encoding strategies during the production of motion event utterances , rate of forgetting is independent from initial degree of learning , computational modelling of social cognition and behaviour , exploring frailty and cognitive functioning trajectories in later life .
- More Referencing guides Blog Automated transliteration Relevant bibliographies by topics
- Automated transliteration
- Relevant bibliographies by topics
- Referencing guides
Theses and Dissertations
Dissertations from 2023 2023.
Racial Differences in Parenting Factors and Their Effects on Youth Anxiety and Depression , Paige Fadeke Adenuga
MANAGING STUDENT BEHAVIOR: OCCUPATIONAL AND DISCRIMINATION-RELATED STRESS AS MODERATED BY COPING RESOURCES , Madeline S. Blocker
Evaluating Gifted Students’ Mental Health and Academic Achievement Under a Dual Factor Model , Grace A. Blyth
Problem Recognition In Culturally Diverse Parent Mental Health Help Seeking , Grace Chen
The Psychological Impact of Adolescent Violence Exposure: The Roles of Coping and Social Support , Kelsey Gnade Coulthard
Pathways to Blunted Facial Affect in Negative Schizotypy: Social motivation and online cognitive resources , Tovah M.D. Cowan
A Comparison of Self-Report Measures to Screen for Mental Health Concerns in Youth , Jacob Landon DeBoer
Further Refinement of an Asd-Subscale for the Childhood Behavior Checklist , Kimberly Ellison
Sucrose Demand and Essential Value in Mice with Early-Life Exposure to Risperidone , Megan Federoff
A Novel Online Personalized Feedback Intervention to Reduce Alcohol Use and Negative Affect , Mara Lewis Ferrie
Examining Real-Time Variations in Interpersonal Hopelessness and Suicidal Ideation Using Ecological Momentary Assessment , Jessica Lauren Gerner
Effects of Neighborhood Disadvantage and Peer Deviance on Conduct Problems: Interactions with Age of Onset , Courtney Marie Goetz
The What and When of Psychomotor Retardation: A Multimodal Approach , Ole Edvard Granrud
Successful but Exhausted: The effect of tokenism on Black employees , Sydney Green
Unraveling Pay Equity: Investigating The Impact of Pay Discrepancy, Gender, and Race on Pay Level Satisfaction , Chelsea Hightower
Confirmatory Factor Analysis of the Adult Coping Inventory , Kristen Ashley Hollas
An Evaluation of Procedures to Increase Medical Device Compliance , Sarah Christian Holmes
Family Supportive Supervisor Behaviors: Is Helping You Helping or Hurting Me , Gino J. Howard
Secondary Traumatic Stress and Other Contributors to Teacher Burnout and Attrition , Mary Snellings W. Inabnett
Extending Token Economy Systems for Children with Learning Disabilities and Developmental Disabilities Using Operant Behavioral Economics , Parker Levins
The Influence of Native Language and Sentence Form on Memory of Motion Events , Stephanie L. Lopez
Rethinking Attention Control: An Individual Differences Approach , Vincent A. Medina
Autism, Comorbidities, and Adaptive Functioning: A Potential Moderator , Joshua J. Montrenes
Cannabis Use Across the Menstrual Cycle: The Impact of Negative Affect and Coping Motives , paige morris
Defeat, entrapment, and suicide desire: Analyzing the role of mindfulness using ecological momentary assessment. , Emma H. Moscardini
Effects of the Timing of a Repeated Reading Intervention on Active Student Responding During Small Group , Kristen Newell
Measurement Invariance and The Influence Of Psychosocial Factors In Reporting Subjective Cognition Across Race/Ethnicity , Erika A. Pugh
The Processing of Task-Relevant and Task-Irrelevant Information in Working Memory , Stephanie M. Saltzmann
Neurocognitive Models of Anxious Apprehension and Emotion Regulation: Implications for Working Memory , Paul Spano
Health Service Utilization and Conduct Problems: The Role of Callous-Unemotional Traits and Juvenile Justice System Processing , Julianne Speck
Black Parents’ Ethnic-Racial Socialization Profiles: Associations with Parenting Practices, Parental Psychological Functioning, and Young Children’s Behavioral Adjustment , Ar'Reon A. Watson
Semantic Associations of Autistic and Non-Autistic Adults are Sensitive to Social Context Manipulation , Stanley West
Universal Screening for Student Mental Health: Selection of Norming Sample as a Determinate of Risk Status , Meagan Zeitvogel
Theses from 2022 2022
Smoking and Opiate Withdrawal Symptoms: The Impact of Psychosocial Variables among Individuals Receiving Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Detox , Cristina Abarno
Developmental Functioning of Infants and Toddlers with Neurodevelopmental Disorders , Megan Callahan
Development and Validation of a Measure for Social Support: Perceived Social Support Inventory , Lindsay Marie Clark
Narcissism and Risk-Taking for Others , Tyler B. Cowley
Caregiver Treatment Consumption in an Experimental Treatment Marketplace , Delaney J. Darragh
The Use of Non-Immersive Virtual Reality as a Functional Rehabilitation Tool for Older Adults with Cognitive Decline , Ross M. Divers
The Influence of Clutter on Target Prevalence and Decision Making During Visual Search , Brandon Eich
The Relationship Between Family Environment and Specific Phobias , Jerrica Renee Guidry
Promotion Denied! How Promotion Denial Impacts Turnover For Nonpromoted Employees , Michael Mordechai Hay
Examination of Autism Symptoms Across Ethnic Groups: Cross-Cultural Validation of the Baby and Infant Screen for Children with AutIsm Traits (BISCUIT) , Esther Hong
A RELATIONAL STUDY OF SELF-TAUGHT AND FORMALLY TRAINED MUSICIANS: TRENDS WITHIN MEMORY AND SOCIOECONOMIC FACTORS , Matthew N. Jimenez and Emily M. Elliott
The Effects of Paired Kinesthetic Movements and Embedded Pictures on Literacy Skills with Preschoolers , Erica Lozy
The Impact of Social Support Sources on LGBTQ Adolescents , Kaitlyn C. McCauley
Risk-Taking and Career Achievement: The Moderating Role of "Getting Along" Personality Traits , John-Luke McCord
Organizational Commitment Profiles and Employee Well-Being: A Latent Profile Analysis , Hannah E. Perkins
Does Well-Being Moderate the Association of Harm Avoidance with Cognitive Decline , Christopher Reed
Examining the relationship between functionally assessed parental behavior and child anxiety , Allison Smith
Development and Initial Validation of the Adolescent Social Media Use Inventory , JoHannah Smith
Efficacy of a Brief E-Cigarette Screening and Intervention for College Students: A Pilot Study , Shelby Alexandra Stewart
Developmental Functioning of Infants and Toddlers with Autism and Down Syndrome , Celeste Tevis
Does Chronic Risperidone Administration Affect Food Reinforcement in Adulthood in Mice? , Francis Torres and Paul Soto
Classroom Management for Students at the Secondary Level: A Meta-Analysis of Single-Case Design Studies , Jennifer Inmaculada Vasquez
Individual Differences in the Criminogenic Effects of Discrimination: An Exploration of the Role of Impulse Control and Callous-Unemotional Traits , Toni Walker
Examining Serial Position Effects in Individuals with and without Mild Cognitive Impairment , Daniel Scott Weitzner
Theses from 2021 2021
The Impact of Race on Social Anxiety and Self-esteem in Youth , Paige Fadeke Adenuga
Factors Impacting African American Parents Help Seeking for Childhood Behavior Problems in Preschool Children , Adrienne Anderson
The Role of School Sociocultural Factors on the Mental Health and Academic Competence of Elementary Aged Children , Aijah Kai Baruti Goodwin
An ERP Study of the Effects of Iconic and Nonsense Gestures on Memory Formation , Brianna E. Cairney
Neurocognitive Interactions Between Anticipatory Anxiety and Memory Encoding , Felicia M. Chaisson
Parental Mental Health Help Seeking: Variables Associated With Asian American Parent Help Seeking Intent , Grace L. Chen
Efficiency of Teaching Sight Words in Similar vs Dissimilar Sets , Jensen Chotto
Examining Intraindividual Variability as a Predictor of Cognitive and Functional Decline in Older Adulthood , Alyssa N. De Vito
Racial Dissimilarity and Employee Attitudes and Behaviors: The moderating role of competitive work environment and social support , Sydney Green
Improving Morning Routines in Children with ADHD: The Efficacy of a Technology-Enhanced Parenting Intervention , Sabrina Faith Gretkierewicz
Mental Imagery in Fear Extinction: A Multi-Component Examination Based on Behavioral, Physiological, and Neurological Measures , Xinrui Jiang
The Use of Problem Solving Skills Training to Treat Disruptive Behavior in Schools , Emma Larson
General Versus Person-specific Models of Psychotic-like Symptoms , Thanh Phuoc Le
Understanding the Association between Loneliness and Callous-Unemotional Traits in Young Adults , Tatiana Michelle Matlasz
Effects of Planning and Repeated Writing Interventions on Writing Fluency , Katherine Lea Moore
INTERNAL ENTRAPMENT AND FEARLESSNESS ABOUT DEATH AS PRECIPITANTS OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND PLANNING IN THE CONTEXT OF POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER (PTSD) , D Nicolas Oakey-Frost
The Bidirectional Effects of Serious Conduct Problems, Anxiety, and Trauma Exposure: Implications for our Understanding of the Development of Callous-Unemotional Traits , Emily Lynne Robertson
Mental Imagery in the Regulation of Differential Fear Conditioning: A Multimodal Investigation Involving Self-Report, Psychophysiology, and Brain Imaging , Tyler Daniel Robinson
The Relationship between Emotion Regulation and Substance Use Treatment Attrition , Melanie Ruth Roys
Interpersonal Relationships and Callous-Unemotional Traits During Adolescence and Young Adulthood: An Investigation of Bidirectional Effects in Parent, Peer, and Romantic Relationships , Erin P. Vaughan
Development and Initial Psychometric Properties of the Cannabidiol Outcome Expectancies Questionnaire (CBD-OEQ) , Katherine Walukevich-Dienst
THE PREDICTIVE INFLUENCE OF CHALLENGING BEHAVIOR ON PARENT STRESS IN YOUNG CHILDREN WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER , Paige Weir
Dissertations from 2020 2020
Exploring Predictors of Older Adults' Performance on a Novel Driving Simulator Task , John Philip Bernstein
Evaluating the Effects of a Brief Assertiveness and Help Seeking Skill Intervention , Madeline S. Blocker
The Association Between Autism Spectrum Disorder and Parental Age , Claire Burns
Interactions Among Amygdala Volume, Cortical Thickness, and Structural Connectivity in Youth: Relationship to Emotion Regulation , Peter James Castagna
Moderators of Academic Performance and Symptom Severity in Adolescents with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder , Ryan Nicole Cummins
Teacher Attitudes Toward Addressing Mental Health in Schools (TATAMS): Development and Initial Validation of an Attitude Scale , Jacob Landon DeBoer
Leveling the Viewing Field: The Impact of Target Prevalence on Searcher's Functional Viewing Field , Juan D. Guevara Pinto
The Influence of Personality and Losses on Search in Decisions From Experience , Michael Mordechai Hay
Development and Initial Validation of the Adult Coping Inventory , Kristen Hollas
Effects of and Preference for Fixed Ratio and Time-based Exchange Production Schedules in a Token System , Sarah Christian Holmes
Factors Associated with Restricted, Repetitive Behaviors and Interests and Diagnostic Severity Level in Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder , Esther Hong
A Comprehensive Examination of Clinical Cutoff Scores for the Inventory of Callous-Unemotional Traits (ICU) , Emily C. Kemp
Previous Experiences Drive Attention , Sunghyun Kim
The Impact of Mindfulness Training on Post-Event Processing in Social Anxiety: A Multi-Method Investigation , Elizabeth Mara Lewis
The Relative Impact of Risk and Protective Factors on the Psychological Functioning of Sexual and Gender Minority Youth , Ilayna Krysten Mehrtens
Factor Predicting Maternal Posttraumatic Stress Symptom Trajectories Following a Natural Disaster: Coping, Social Support, and Family Functioning , Jennifer Clare Piscitello
Video-Based Interventions: Teaching Adults and Preschoolers , Philip Ross Richard III
Examining Patterns of Executive Functioning Across Dimensions of Psychopathology , Scott Roye
The Influence of Long-Term Memory on Working Memory Accuracy , Stephanie M. Saltzmann
Social Capitalization as a Positive Emotion Regulation Strategy in Individuals At-Risk for Developing a Schizophrenia-Spectrum Disorder , Elana Klein Schwartz
Individual differences in prospective memory aftereffects: The role of working memory capacity and inhibition. , Samantha Nicole Spitler
Page 1 of 10
- Notify me via email or RSS
- LSU Libraries
- LSU Office of Research and Economic Development
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
- Call to +1 844 889-9952
434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples
📝 behavior research papers examples, 💡 essay ideas on behavior, 🎓 simple research topics about behavior, 👍 good behavior essay topics to write about.
- ⭐ Simple & Easy Behavior Essay Titles
🔎 Interesting Topics to Write about Behavior
🏆 best behavior essay titles, ✍️ behavior essay topics for college, 📣 discussion questions about behaviorism, ❓ behavior research questions.
- Hormones and Behavior Interaction Psychology essay sample: This paper focuses on demonstrating how the interaction between hormones and behavior affect sexual differentiation and gender identity.
- Children’s Behavioral and Family Problems Psychology essay sample: The family is the most important socialization institution in human society. This paper examines the family issues that contribute to the behavioral problems amongst children.
- Functional Behavior Assessment and Intervention Plan Psychology essay sample: Behavior is a way of communication. This paper discusses the assessment of problem behavior and explains the intervention procedures.
- Cognitive Dissonance Effects on Attitudes and Behavior Psychology essay sample: Since cognitive dissonance theory was proposed, psychologists have carried out number of studies to determine the relationship between human behavior and attitudes.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Various Diseases Psychology essay sample: Cognitive behavioural therapy is aimed at helping patients manage their problems with the help of changing the way in which they behave and think.
- Children Behavior Changes Psychology essay sample: This paper improves the understanding on family dynamics that help in understanding the model of transition and child adjustment.
- Human Behavior: Evolutionary Psychological Approach Psychology essay sample: Evolution psychology has attempted to provide an important framework for explaining the origin and development of human behavior.
- Cognitive Psychology Definition and Aspects Psychology essay sample: This paper will explore cognitive psychology, key milestones in its development and significance of behavioral observation.
- Behaviour Modification in the Educational Setting Psychology essay sample: Positive reinforcement can be discussed as one of the dominant methods according to the behaviour modification approach.
- Foundations of Psychology: Science of Mind and Behavior Psychology essay sample: The greatest minds of all times tried to understand human behavior. One of the main means of understanding this aspect is the consideration of the human behavior.
- Child's Behavior and Developmental Stage Psychology essay sample: The behavior of children at any developmental stage is similar across cultures. The paper analyzes the behavior and the developmental stage of a 9-years child.
- The Cognitive Behavioral Family Therapy Concept Psychology essay sample: Cognitive behavioral family therapy (CBFT) is the most popular treatment modality among marriage and family therapists focusing on marital problems.
- Behavior Influence on Attitudes in Social Psychology Psychology essay sample: This paper explains how behaviors may change attitudes, discussing the theory of cognitive dissonance and the theory of self-perception.
- Psychology Theories and Their Influence on Future Psychology essay sample: This paper explores behavioral, cognitive, developmental, humanistic personality, and social psychology theories and establishes their influence on the future of psychology.
- Cognitive Dissonance in Leadership Behavior Psychology essay sample: Since its introduction by Festinger, the concept of cognitive dissonance has received widespread recognition in multiple fields that involve human behavior patterns.
- Behavior and Cultural, Genetic, Environmental Effects Psychology essay sample: Human beings exhibit different behaviors when exposed to culture. Apart from the environment, genetic endowment also influences the behavior of an individual.
- Learning Process and Behavior Theories at the Workplace Psychology essay sample: The learning process affects the behavior of individuals. This paper discusses some of these influences and their outcome by considering some of the behavioral theories.
- Behavior, Personality and Inventories Psychology essay sample: This paper defines the term "personality" and outlines the weaknesses and strengths of the approaches used to measure it.
- Self-Esteem, Behaviors, and Life Satisfaction Psychology essay sample: Self-esteem and autonomy correlate with life satisfaction. These traits eventually improve it and eliminate negative behaviours, making a person significantly happier.
- Psychology of Behavior: Motivation Theories Psychology essay sample: There are four early theories of motivation: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory, McClelland’s Three Needs Theory, and McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y.
- Personality, Behaviours and Performance at Work Psychology essay sample: The purpose of this paper is to analyse the role of emotional intelligence and personal qualities in determining individual behaviours and performance at work.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior in Children Psychology essay sample: Analysis of OCD in children: Its causes, psychodynamic and biological causes, early signs and symptoms, consequences of OCD, treatment, cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy.
- Organizational Behavior of Individuals Psychology essay sample: This paper tries to bring out the effect of personality traits, ethnicity, geographic differences, and age on individual behaviors.
- Three Points of View on Behaviorism Psychology essay sample: Watson, Skinner, and Tolman are thought about as the originators of behaviorism as a psychology perspective. Their theories had a considerable impact on learning.
- Cognitive Behavioral Counseling Psychology essay sample: The aim of cognitive-behavioral therapy is to teach and elucidate a client how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and how to think positively.
- Consumer Behaviour: Models, Theories and Concepts Psychology essay sample: The analysis of the concept of consumer behavior shows that the decisions that the consumer make are shaped by a variety of elements.
- Social Influence and Its Effects in People’s Beliefs and Behavior Psychology essay sample: The social influence for the group's behavior and beliefs still remain adamant as it significantly contributes either positively or negatively to the group members.
- Motivation and Organizational Behavior Psychology essay sample: This essay aims to discuss motivation in the light of psychological contract, individuals’ roles, intrinsic motivation, theory X and Y, motivational drives, and locus of control.
- Theories of Human Learning: Reinforcement and Behaviorism Psychology essay sample: There is one issue about reinforcement schedules - people get used to their rewards or punishments and do not pay much attention to them after a little while.
- The Use of Behavioral Therapy Psychology essay sample: Behavioral therapy is a type of treatment that focuses on an individual’s feelings and thought processes with the purpose of treating various psychological problems.
- Psychology of Humanism and Behaviorism Psychology essay sample: The paper discusses the similarities and differences between the theories of the psychology of humanism and behaviorism.
- Deviant Behavior Through the Social Norms' Concept Psychology essay sample: In the paper, deviant behavior is perceived as actions that do not comply with norms or standards officially or actually established in a particular society.
- Deviant Behaviors and Its Types and Examples Psychology essay sample: Society will seek to either understand that behavior or avoid the behavior. It is important to note either way: a person will always get negative views from society.
- Motivating for Appropriate Behavior Psychology essay sample: The theory of motivation is an important aspect in organizational behavior. It is an element that greatly affects the attitudes and levels of energy within a workforce in the workplace
- Behavioral Modification: Change Bedroom Cleaning Habit Psychology essay sample: The use of the shaping technique is necessary since integrating a new character within me is not an instant activity.
- The Essentials of Organizational Behavior Psychology essay sample: There are some shortcomings that I would correct if I were in the position of authority in the organization. Travelling is one of the most effective ways of motivation in any company.
- Human Behavior: Behavioral Models Psychology essay sample: By using individual concepts as examples, behavioral peculiarities will be examined and analyzed in the context of their implications and in relation to personal experience.
- The Brain and Human Behavior Psychology essay sample: Psychology studies the human mind and behavior; since the brain is people's main deciding organ, for both conscious and subconscious outcomes, it's essential for this field of science.
- Genes, Behavior, and the Social Environment Psychology essay sample: One of the most severe and challenging problems that require an appropriate solution is suicidal behavior among teenagers and young adults.
- Human Behavior in Fires Psychology essay sample: Three research studies on human behavior in fires will be addressed with the purpose of comparing their methodologies and findings and making conclusions about their effectiveness.
- Phobias and Addictions Theories Psychology essay sample: Phobias and addictions are two behavioral theories that can be used to describe the development of phobias and addiction in people.
- On the Formation of Prosocial Behavior in Children Psychology essay sample: This article discusses the importance of the environment in shaping prosocial behavior and the impact of the environment on interactions between children.
- Attitudes as a Set of Behaviors, Emotions, and Beliefs Psychology essay sample: Development of different perceptions are referred to as attitudes defined as a set of behaviors, emotions, and beliefs about a particular person, event, or item.
- Getting Involved: Helping Behaviors vs. the Bystander Effect Psychology essay sample: The willingness to help depends on numerous factors, such as culture, group size, and personality traits, and manifests in situations people can easily encounter in real life.
- Behavioral and Social-Cognitive Approaches to Forming Habits Psychology essay sample: Psychologists have been studying the mechanism of habits development for decades for was to find out the reason and the factors that affect this process.
- Behavior Problems of Middle Childhood by Peterson Psychology essay sample: This document is intended to provide a critical review of a journal article, Behavior problems of middle childhood, authored by Donald Peterson of the University of Illinois.
- Repetitive and Restrictive Behaviors Psychology essay sample: RRBs are atypical behaviors characterized by repetition or motor stereotypy. They are common in neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders such as ASD and OCD.
- Interpreting the Body Behavior of Two Men Psychology essay sample: Observation of two young men's body language has allowed the author to evaluate how versatile non-verbal communication can be in relation to human interaction in everyday life.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Overview Psychology essay sample: Cognitive-behavioral therapy maintains strong empirical and scientific evidence of efficacy for the treatment of addiction.
- Nonverbal Behavior in Different Countries Psychology essay sample: The culture of each country develops according to its laws, and each state has its own characteristics of non-verbal communication.
- Personality and Behavior: Theory of Emotion Psychology essay sample: The article is devoted to the main theories that try to explain the behavior of humans and animals by their emotional state.
- Cultural Norms: Regulation of Human Behavior Psychology essay sample: Human behavior is regulated by cultural norms and stereotypes. The image of an ideal man is connected with such characteristics as power.
- Biological Basis of Behavior - Neuron Psychology essay sample: A neuron refers to a specialized cell of the nervous system that transmits sensory information in form of chemical and electrical signals across the body.
- Behaviorism: Origins, Theories, and Application Psychology essay sample: Behaviorism is often considered to be a revolutionary idea because it changed the course of the development of psychology as a discipline.
- Accounting for Human Behavior in Psychology and Sociology Psychology essay sample: Study behavior, sociology looks beyond an individual or a small group through associations, to examine society while psychology delves into an individual’s or group’s mind.
- Cognitive-Behavioral and Rational Emotional Behavior Theory: Comparison Psychology essay sample: The purpose of the paper is to compare and contrast CBT and rational emotive behavioral therapy and report how varieties between the two practices can impact psychiatric practice.
- Integrated Behavioral Health Care Psychology essay sample: The integrated behavioral health services provide professional health care counselors with new opportunities and challenges in assuming their present roles and responsibilities.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Psychology essay sample: CBT stands out to be is a well-develop and proven therapy. The method is effective for the treatment of patients experiencing a combination of behavioral and cognitive issues.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Addiction Treatment Psychology essay sample: This paper presents an analysis of the available literature on the use of cognitive-behavioral therapy for substance abusers.
- Classical Music in Children’s Development and Behavior Psychology essay sample: Western classical music, often referred to as simply classical music, is often considered highly beneficial to children’s education and associated with a variety of advantages.
- Cognitive Behavior and Depression in Adolescents Psychology essay sample: People of different ages are prone to various psychological and emotional issues, especially in the current world that is transforming at a high pace.
- The Applied Behavioural Analysis for Children Psychology essay sample: The Applied Behaviour Analysis describes a project meant to provide an opportunity to sharpen skills of observation and management of children by devising an intervention plan.
- Learning About Organizational Behavior as an Interior Consultant Psychology essay sample: The organizational environment represents a rather rigid structure where a specific hierarchy coexists with very rigid standards for employees’ behaviors and attitudes.
- Extinction Procedure and Misbehavior Psychology essay sample: This essay will discuss the concept of extinction and provide real-world examples that can be addressed by applying the extinction method of misbehavior treatment in various cases.
- Sally: A Fifteen-Year Old With Behavior Problems Psychology essay sample: In Sally’s case, the school contacted the parents before referring the matter to the Juvenile Office and provided a list of observed concerns regarding Sally’s behavior.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Psychology essay sample: Rational emotive behavior therapy is a therapy approach that involves the identification and replacement of negative behaviors with positive ones.
- Kinesics as the Study of Body Motion or Body Behavior Psychology essay sample: Gestures are an essential component of typical communication. Conveying just as much information as speech, they serve as complementary sources of crucial insights about people.
- Gestalt Theory and Cognitive Behavioral Theory: Comparison Psychology essay sample: This paper aims to argue that based on the similarities and phenomenological attributes of Gestalt Theory and Cognitive Behavioral Theory.
- A Tier 3 Intervention Behaviour Model: What Works Clearinghouse Psychology essay sample: A focus on the tier 3 intervention will highlight the significant aspects surrounding behavior as the chosen academic content area from What Works Clearinghouse.
- How Joel Rifkin’s Behavior Can Be Explained Using Psychodynamic Theory Psychology essay sample: It's clear that Freud’s explanation of psychodynamic theory is relevant. By using the specifications in this theory, it is possible to explain a person’s future behavior.
- Psychoanalytic and Cognitive Behavioral Approach in Counseling and Psychotherapy Psychology essay sample: Psychoanalysis and cognitive-behavioral therapy differ in methods and strategies; they may also differ slightly in purpose.
- Planned Human Behavior Theory Psychology essay sample: Human behavior is based on many factors that affect people throughout life. Many patterns of behavior are learned, “planned,” and amenable to change.
- Biological Basis of Behavior - Divisions of the Brain Psychology essay sample: The brain is the control point of the nervous system in all vertebrates and most invertebrate animals. Vertebrates have complex brains as compared to invertebrates.
- The Student's Maladaptive Behavior Case Psychology essay sample: Jose Contreras is a third-grade student exhibiting traits of maladaptive behavior, thus disrupting the entire class. The main problem is a lack of respect for authority figures.
- Deviant Behavior: Workplace Bullying Psychology essay sample: This paper aims to explore workplace bullying in terms of conflict and labeling theories to better understand its causes and nature.
- Cognitive Dissonance and Behavioral Finance Psychology essay sample: The cognitive dissonance theory explains the phenomenon where a person experiences tension and anxiety when that person has two opposing thoughts in mind.
- The Children Abuse and Social Behavior Psychology essay sample: This research paper will define child abuse, review the statistics and other data on the topic and discuss the impact of abuse on the social behavior of children.
- Functionalism vs. Behavioral Theory: Mind/Body Problem Perception Psychology essay sample: The paper questions the mind/body problem and how does the nature of the mind relate to the brain and examines two critical theories of mind - behaviorism and functionalism.
- Family Analysis and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Psychology essay sample: It is important to identify what counts as a norm in order to locate problematic aspects of some of the relationships within a family and between its members.
- Myths of Sexual Assault as Effort to Excuse the Criminal’s Behavior Psychology essay sample: The general community's knowledge of sexual assault, stalking, and abuse should be promoted to reduce the effect of sexism and past social mindsets.
- Childhood Trauma: Disorders and Risky Behavior Psychology essay sample: Young people with a history of childhood abuse have a higher likelihood of participating in HIV risk behaviors such as having sex with multiple partners and having unprotected sex.
- The Theory of Behaviorism: Learning and Conditioning Psychology essay sample: The theory of behaviorism is based on the perception that all behaviors that an individual develops through life are acquired with the help of conditioning.
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors. Child Development Influences Psychology essay sample: Adolescence is one of the most challenging periods in the life of every individual because they go though in an understanding of life, establishing a personality.
- Discrimination and Prejudice Behavior towards the Minorities Psychology essay sample: It is essential to teach both children and adults on how to avoid discriminatory behavior in every sphere, making our society more accepting and amicable.
- Behaviorism: Ideas and Sub-Theories Psychology essay sample: Behaviorism theory suggests the following: people learn because of stimuli (rewards or punishments) in their environments. That is the central thought of the theory.
- Lower-Level Behavior of Employees Psychology essay sample: People who whine or demonstratively “tolerate” something are not good team players and consume energy from the team.
- Methodological and Radical Behaviorism Differences Psychology essay sample: The article focuses on the differences between Watson's methodological behaviorism and Skinner's radical behaviorism.
- "The Fuzzy Concept of Applied Behavior Analysis Research" Article by Critchfield & Reed Psychology essay sample: Critchfield & Reed’s “The Fuzzy Concept of Applied Behavior Analysis Research” studies the seven-dimension framework preventing socially important issues from receiving attention.
- Organizational Behavior and Big Five Personality Traits Psychology essay sample: Big Five personality tests, like any other psychological work, are subjected to errors making them have their weaknesses.
- "On the knife's edge" Term and the Behavioral Therapy Psychology essay sample: "On the knife's edge" is a term used to describe how people make irreversible mistakes that are often regretted moments after they are made.
- Behaviorism as Psychological Theory Psychology essay sample: Behaviorism is a psychological theory that explains the actions of living creatures. It is also a part of developmental psychology.
- Environmental Effect on Antisocial Behavior Disorder Psychology essay sample: Antisocial Personality Disorder is one of the most troublesome character issues to treat, which transforms how the person thinks, processes, feels, and perceives events and words.
- Influence of Eating Disordered Mothers on Their Daughters’ Eating Behavior Psychology essay sample: The study seeks to examine the effect of mothers’ weight perceptions and eating behaviors on their daughters’ weight and eating behaviors.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology Psychology essay sample: In an increasingly competitive world, many organizations are adopting methods aimed at maximizing all their available resources to effectively achieve their set goals.
- The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Psychology essay sample: Cognitive behavior therapy puts more emphasis on transforming the way family members behave. The approach is also concerned with the family’s dysfunctional beliefs or attitudes.
- The Behavior Therapy Approach Psychology essay sample: The main characteristics of behavior therapy mainly focus on observable behavior, current determinants of behavior, change promoting learning experiences, and rigorous assessment.
- Skinner's Radical Behaviorism Theory Psychology essay sample: Skinner's radical behaviorism focuses on the links between environmental changes and a person's condition and can be valuable for diagnosing and treating different diseases.
- Assessment and Management of Challenging Behaviors Psychology essay sample: People with challenging behaviors need utmost care and understanding. When these individuals are not well taken care of they end up being a nuisance to the community.
- Is Herd Behavior Rational or Irrational? Psychology essay sample: The essay discusses the rationality or irrationality of the idea that people copy the actions of others in the field of finance, calling it herding.
- Destructive Behaviour Prevention Psychology essay sample: This essay seeks to briefly describe how to avoid destructive behaviours that affect human health in the short term or long-term.
- The Effects of Family Conflict Resolution on Children’s Classroom Behavior Psychology essay sample: The author pondered the possibility of family systems intervention minimizing the need for referral to tertiary-type special education programs in the community agency.
- The Deviant Behavior of Freshmen in College Psychology essay sample: Deviant behavior among freshmen is a serious problem which has to be handled. This behavior often leads to disease, pregnancy and fights that results in expulsion.
- Five Listening Behaviors Represented by the Acronym SOLER Psychology essay sample: SOLER is an acronym used to summarize a process of effective communication that impacts the way we deal and respond to clients.
- Biopsychosocial Analysis: Behavior and Social Environment Psychology essay sample: The development of a child through various milestones is dependent on various biological, psychological, and social factors.
- Behavioral. Style Perspective to Leadership Psychology essay sample: The behavioral perspective in the article is people-oriented. It focuses on the promotion of changes within the community that will eliminate the disparities and risk factors.
- Anxiety Disorders: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Psychology essay sample: This research paper will focus on the effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral therapy as a treatment modality for anxiety disorders.
- Theories on Behaviour in Groups: Group Dynamics Psychology essay sample: The paper concerns formation of groups, group dynamics theories of Belbin, Tuckman, Woodcock, Gross, and McClelland.
- Naturalistic Observation of Children's Behavior Psychology essay sample: To receive more evidences related to the behavior of children, it is important to observe the definite age groups in the situation and surroundings which are typical and familiar for them.
- Behavioral Influences on Health Psychology essay sample: This paper explores a relationship that exists between behavioral, psychological, socio-cultural, and lifestyle factors to major causes of mortality.
- Health Behavior Change Psychology essay sample: The purpose of this article is to consider the determinants of individual health behavior and the barriers to change.
- Self-Help Group Simulations. Behaviour Change Psychology essay sample: Going through the experience is vital for mental health professionals to understand the complexities of issues of substance abuse and addiction that the clients are going through.
- Behavioral Science and Psychology: Analysis and Comparison of Research Methods Psychology essay sample: The paper discusses that both sociological and anthropological research methods help obtain credible and objective data.
- Managing Behaviour in Young Children Psychology essay sample: The paper discusses what tools and techniques are likely or unlikely to work in a particular case study. The strategy focuses on the family and interventions.
- Supervisory Model: Cognitive Behavior Psychology essay sample: The cognitive behavior supervisory model allows working with patients on two distinct elements - their cognition and behavior.
- Patient's Concentration: Applied Behavior Analysis Psychology essay sample: This paper explores how memories are created, stored, and recalled. The paper investigates how the perception of stress might have affected the patient’s ability to focus.
- Cognitive Strategies of Cognitive-Behavior Therapy Psychology essay sample: Automatic thoughts introduce the problems patients are not able to identify when they address to a therapist for help.
- The Behavioral, Humanistic, and Cognitive Approaches to Anxiety Psychology essay sample: The behavioral approach is stuck in the idea that the neighboring situation affects the victim, which can aid in knowing their decision.
- Child Care and Behavior Concerns Psychology essay sample: Early child care interaction is also associated with increased exposure to peers at a young age and potential effects on early peer qualifications.
- Behavioral Changes Related to Mate Attraction Psychology essay sample: This essay discusses what changes occur in the way people search for their partner when they age by comparing profiles of two different age groups on the site LoveAwake.
- Foster Care Effects on Early Adolescents' Behavior Psychology essay sample: Foster care places a child in an ideal environment similar to a family set up under the supervision of relatives, well-wishers, government institutions, and strangers.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Model Psychology essay sample: Modern psychology developed six patterns to differentiate and adequately treat abnormalities based on individuals’ physical and mental switches.
- Theories and Models of Individual Health Behavior Psychology essay sample: This paper discusses theories and models of individual health behavior, namely the health belief model, theory of reasoned action, theory of planned behavior, and others.
- The Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Psychology essay sample: The key concepts of the cognitive-behavioral therapy revolve around emotions, thoughts, and behavior, which are disputations and collaborative empiricism.
- John Watson and Child Behaviorism Psychology essay sample: To prove this point, Watson turned to studying the behavior of infants and came to the conclusion that children are capable of producing a small number of simple reactions.
- The Inefficiency of Punishment for Shaping Child Behaviour Psychology essay sample: This paper states that using punishment is completely inefficient for changing the behavior of children, and it is illustrated by several psychological statements.
- Organizational Behavior: Psychology Psychology essay sample: The article argues psychology focuses on the essence of the human mind and decision-making, without which there cannot be a plausible understanding of group-based dynamics.
- Why Do People Behave the Way They Do? Psychology essay sample: There are many ways to determine why people think and act in a particular manner. This paper discusses the psychodynamic, humanistic, cognitive, and biological perspectives.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Psychology essay sample: Rational emotive behavior therapy is a methodology that causes recognizing unreasonable convictions and negative idea designs that may prompt enthusiastic or social issues.
- Behavior and Aspects of Human Personality: Analysis of Three Articles Psychology essay sample: The articles focus on cognitive dissonance and how it affects the decision-making process, the evaluation of antisocial tendencies, the traits connected to criminal personality.
- Attribution Theory: Overview and Real-life Application Psychology essay sample: In terms of the present paper, an attempt will be made to dwell on the peculiarities of attribution theory and its real-life application examples.
- Becker’s Labeling Theory: Advantages and Disadvantages Psychology essay sample: This paper will examine and criticize Becker's labeling ideas in detail to demonstrate their advantages and disadvantages.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: When Is It Useful? Psychology essay sample: The cognitive-behavioral therapy is a form of psychotherapy that emphasizes the role of thinking in how we feel and behave.
- Psychology of Personal Behavior Change Psychology essay sample: This paper aims to discuss how to improve well-being based on the behavior change approaches, replacing soda with water as an example
- The Implicit Association Test: The Behavior of an Individual Psychology essay sample: The implicit Association Test is a test that aims to discover and measure the implicit bias of a person taking it. During the time taking the test, a person needs to react quickly.
- Communicative Function of Behavior Psychology essay sample: Behavioral issues in children and adolescents preventing them from successful socialization frequently derive from their inability to communicate their current needs.
- Television Programs and Children's Violent Behavior Psychology essay sample: This paper critically analyses various research that demonstrates the relationship between television programs and violent behavior in children.
- Child Psychology: Children's Behavior and Communication Style Psychology essay sample: The methods allow for identifying a child's communication style. This helps in finding a specific approach for each kid and indicating their weak spots.
- Fundamentals of Psychology: Changing Behavior Psychology essay sample: This behavior can be caused by fatigue, stress, and lack of sleep. Even though it is pretty standard, aggression still affects a person's daily life.
- Nightmares Case Conceptualization Through a Framework of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Psychology essay sample: The given case conceptualization focuses on a patient, Ms. Cruz, who is suffering from recurring nightmares of hurting her four-month-old son.
- Behavior Theory: Practice Model Overview Psychology essay sample: The model reflects how work surroundings affect change of behavior, ignoring the fact that the conduct of people is inherited from one group to another.
- Practices That Support Students With Emotional and Behavioral Disorders Psychology essay sample: The paper discusses the ways to provide education for children at risk of emotional and behavioral disorders without detracting from the education quality.
- Observed Behaviors of 10-Year Old Children and Supporting Theories Psychology essay sample: This paper explains Erikson’s psychosocial, Freud’s psychosexual, Piaget’s cognitive developmental theories, Bandura’s social learning, Kohlberg’s moral development perspectives.
- The Case Formulation Approach to Cognitive-Behavior Therapy Psychology essay sample: Persons also fails to provide templates that would assist clinicians unfamiliar with CBT assessment processes to develop a standard for working with patients in pretreatment.
- How Emotions Motivate Human Behavior Psychology essay sample: Happiness is the greatest emotional motivator because it makes people behave in a particular manner they believe will result in happiness.
- Bullying Behavior in Children Psychology essay sample: The paper states that contributing factors to bullying behavior are family violence and media content that encourages victimization.
- Psychological and Behavioral Factors of Individual Terrorists Psychology essay sample: Individual terrorism is a combination of psychological and behavioral factors that lead to the gradual radicalization of a person.
- Introduction to Learning and Behavior Psychology essay sample: Experiments on animals usually make students bored and uninterested in studying them. Aspects derived from these experiments can improve studying habits and romantic relationships.
- Behavior Modification Strategies in Diverse Settings Psychology essay sample: There are multiple benefits to studying behavioral psychology at a professional level, including the opportunity to evaluate and even design behavior modification (BM) strategies.
- Case Conceptualization Using Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Psychology essay sample: Rational emotive behavior therapy can be used for treating different patients with various psychological ailments. It includes three therapeutic techniques.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Cultural Factors Psychology essay sample: Cognitive-behavioral therapy can offer multiple benefits in the context of cultural issues. It can be easily adapted to be responsive to the client’s cultural identity and beliefs.
- Motivation for Helping Behavior Psychology essay sample: While helping someone, it is easy to determine their own motives by realizing whether a person asks themselves additional questions regarding the affairs' purpose.
- Learning Theories and Their Practical Application to Behavior Change Psychology essay sample: The paper aims to study different learning theories and their practical application to behavior change: Albert Bandura's theory, Clark Hull's theory, etc.
- Factors That Affect Human Behavior Psychology essay sample: Human beings are inherently social beings, and they tend to interact with other people. Social connections and caring for others demonstrate the concept of relatedness.
- Deviant Behavior Characteristics and Examples Psychology essay sample: Deviant behavior (a violation of social norms) has become widespread in recent years and has become the center of attention of sociologists, social psychologists, and doctors.
- Positive Behavior Support Psychology essay sample: The paper states that deviant behavior is quite a big problem for teachers and students. This approach aims to develop a strategy for teachers.
- Behavior Issues of People with Disabilities Psychology essay sample: Individuals with developmental impairments have cognitive deficits in the following areas: self-care, receptive and expressive communication, academic learning, etc.
- Nature or Nurture: Which Impacts Human Behavior More? Psychology essay sample: Even though empirical data represent the dominance of nurture over nature in human behavior, it is vital to remember that human behavior and development are complex processes.
- Childhood Maltreatment and Behavior Problems Psychology essay sample: The research centers on examining whether or not early childhood maltreatment (before the age of four) affected the long-term behavioral deviations.
- Early-Life Stress and Behavioral Outcomes Psychology essay sample: The study aims to understand the mechanisms behind the long-lasting consequences of early-life stress exposure. It is accomplished by comparing the results of tests.
- Deviant Behavior, Crimes, and Justice: Perceptions and Reflections Psychology essay sample: The paper describes deviance as any conduct, trait, or belief that breaches social norms in a particular society or group.
⭐ Simple & Easy Behavior Essay Titles
- Importance of Stimulus Generalization
- Biological Theories Relating to Human Behavior and Criminality
- Behaviorism Learning Theory
- Deviant Behavior Related to Stress and Strain
- Advanced Preparation Standard 3: Behavioral Intervention Planning
- Person-Centered and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Psychological Perspectives Explaining Behavior
- MARS Individual Behavior Model
- Unconditional and Conditional Stimuli in Human Behavior
- Television Programs and Violent Behavior in Children
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Trauma
- The Dilute Ego’s Impact on a Person’s Behavior
- Empathy-Altruism Hypothesis and Prosocial Behaviour in Humans
- Suicidal Behavior Management: Values and Beliefs
- Behavior: Zimbardo and Moscovici Experiment
- Sustainable and Non-Sustainable Consumer Behavior in Young Adults
- Relationship of Proactive Personality, Financial Planning Behavior and Life Satisfaction
- Behavioral Perspective Theory: History and Critique
- Overcoming Stage Fright: Behavior Modification Techniques
- Separation of Children and Related Behavioral Disorders
- Temperament and Behavior in Young Children
- Care Workers' Knowledge of Psychological Theories
- How Psychological Principles Are Used in Everyday Life
- Competitive Social Behavior in Psychology
- Why Adolescents Engage in Risk-Taking Behaviors
- Health Belief and Transtheoretical Models
- Nature Versus Nurture: Impact on Human Behavior
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Theories of Change Within Human Behavior
- ADHD, Behavioral Issues, and Mental Health
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Family Violence Cases
- The Behavior Intervention Support Team's Goals
- Attitude-Behavior Relationship in Travel Behavior Modeling
- Weekly Routine and Stressors: Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Key Principles that Govern Human and Animal Behavior
- Speech on Self-Concept and Consumer Behavior
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Depression
- The Collective Behavior Deviations
- Karl Denke's Psychopathic Behaviors Journey
- Americans’ Mental, Social and Behavioral Health
- What If Video Games Influence Behavior?
- Disruptive Behavior in Primary School
- Motive as a Predictor of Behavior
- Aspects of Personal Behavior Change
- Deviant Behavior and the Commitment of Crime
- Nature or Nurture: What Shapes the Human Behavior
- Common Patterns of Social Behaviors
- The Risk-Taking in Children: Reasons and Effects
- Human Behavior: Nature vs. Nurture
- Storybooks Promote Prosocial Behaviors in Children
- Aspects of Learning and Memory
- Milgram’s Study of Obedience
- Normal vs. Pathological Aging Differences
- Guiding Children’s Challenging Behaviors
- Fear and Freedom in Human Behavior
- Students’ Behaviors, Intellectual and Psychological Characteristics
- Comparison of Developmental Stages
- Interpersonal Conflict: Approaches to Understanding
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Fundamental Attribution Error in Psychology
- Social Psychology: The Power of Nature or Nurture
- Abnormal and Normal Psychological Thinking
- The Pygmalion Effect as Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties in Children
- Theory of Planned Behavior in Changing Behavior
- Trait, Behavior, and Contingent Theories
- Treating Acrophobia with Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Psychological Disorders: Definitions and Treatments
- Skinner's Ideas of Culture Based on Human Behavior
- Management of Family Communication Issues
- Systemic Theory in Family Therapy
- Foundational Psychological Processes
- Team-Building Across Cultures: Literature Review
- Aggression Intervention Training Plan
- Aspects of Habit Hacking Mission
- Educational Psychology: Change Students’ Behavior
- Three Cognition and Behaviour Theories
- Skinner and Chomsky on Nature vs. Nurture
- Influences on an Individual’s Behavior, Feelings, or Thoughts
- Three Major Features of Behaviorism
- Analysis of Cognitive and Behavioural Changes of Teenagers
- Stigmatization and Discrimination
- The Single-Subject Design Helping Students with Social Challenges
- Prosocial Behavior in Children
- “Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard”: Main Theme and Key Ideas
- Family Therapy on Children’s Behavior
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Social Well-Being
- Observation of Prescriptive and Descriptive Gender Stereotypes
- Attitudes and Emotions Through Body Language
- Behavioral Therapy and Theories of Working Memory
- Psychology in Human-Computer Interaction
- Behavioral Challenges After Vehicle Accident
- Levels of Psychological Analysis
- The Token Economy Behavior Management Approach
- Cognitive-Behavioral Family Therapy and Treatment Plan
- Skinner's Verbal Behavior as an Operant Paradigm
- Interpersonal Therapy, Its Types and Techniques
- The Influence of Nurture on Human Behavior
- Aspects of Comprehensive Child Report
- Toddler Observation and Piaget's Theory Application
- The Social Cognitive Approach: The Environment and Patterns of Thought
- Food Behavior and the Myths Surrounding It: Eating Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Its Application
- Specialization Plan on Veterans from Ethnic Minorities
- Symptoms of Obsessive Love Disorder
- Youth Substance Abuse Intervention and Planned Behavior
- Psychology of Human Behavior in Literary Works
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder in College Students and Potential Treatment
- Secondary Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Children
- Causes and Effects of Anxiety in Children
- Observational Research: Perspectives in Psychology
- Ethics in Psychology: Stanford Prison Experiment
- Nature and Nurture in Determining Human Behavior
- The Relation Between Psychology and Other Sciences
- Anxiety and Depression During Childhood and Adolescence
- Establishment of Psychology: The Role of Behaviorism
- Social Skills: Social Behavior and Skills in Children
- Active Listening Behavior Modification Project
- Psychology: How Cognitive Science Differs from Behaviorism
- "Abnormal Psychology and Life: A Dimensional Approach": Summary
- Classical Conditioning: Behavior Management
- Is Birth Order really Important in Peer Relationship?
- Discussion: The Psychological Observation
- Application of Personality Theories
- Multiculturalism in Psychology
- Aspects of Understanding Human Behavior
- Behavior: Antecedent, Behavior, Consequence Model
- Behaviorist and Humanistic Perspectives
- The Imperfection of the Zero Tolerance Policy
- Human Development from Infancy to Death
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy in Counseling
- Hate Crime in Relation to Social Psychology
- Reality Therapy Applied to a Patient's Case Study
- Behaviorism as a Psychological Approach
- Learning in Animals and Humans
- Counseling Native American Clients
- The Structural Family Therapy
- The Magic Circle as a Method for Comprehending the Play Experience
- The Best Solution to Predict Depression Because of Bullying
- Living Conditions and Behavioral & Mental Patterns
- Maya Angelou's Personality Assessment
- The Contemporary Approaches to Psychology
- Geertz’s Thick Description and Culture: Behavioral Science
- Human Behavior and Factors of Its Formation
- The Problem of Deviant Behavior: Case Description and Diagnoses
- Understanding Human Behavior and Its Motives
- Motivation and Emotions: Influence on the Behavioral Patterns
- The Theory of Planned Behavior
- Prosocial Behavior and Hostilities Against Women
- Teacher’s Observation of Children’s Behavior
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as a Remedy for Substance Abuse
- How Task Froup Experiences Impact Behavior
- Heroin Drug in Behavioural and Neural Studies
- An Example of Classical Conditioning
- Behavioral and Cognitive-Behavioral Family Therapy Models
- Organizational Behavior in Management Science
- Characteristics Affecting Consumer Behavior
- Media Violence: Does It Cause Violent Behavior? This study aims to address the issue of media violence and put forward three claims that prove it is harmful to the mental health of people, especially adolescents.
- Hostile Behavior From Sociological Perspectives
- Abnormal Behavior and Its Effect on Society
- Human Behavior in the Environment In simple terms, environment means the surroundings. It comprises living and non-living things. Human beings and nature depend on each other for them to survive.
- Abstinence and Human Sexual Behavior
- Abusive Behavior, Consequences, and Responsibility
- Gender Identity and Behavior: Nature and Nurture Psychologists examined the extent to which gender identities, behaviors (such as similar-sex friendships), and roles are influenced by nature and nurture.
- Academic Achievements of Children With Behavioral Disorders
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Health Behavior Change
- The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines The Belmont Report focuses on ethical guidelines and principles concerning protecting human research subjects.
- Political Views and Bureaucratic Behavior
- Behavior Problems in Preschool Children
- Marketing and Consumer Behavior in Healthcare The general idea of marketing is no different in the healthcare industry since it entails the strategic implementation of outreach and communication strategies.
- Issues in the Self-Regulation of Behavior
- Determinants of Children’s Eating Behavior
- Nurses’ Attitudes Toward Suicidal Behavior Nurses’ attitudes toward suicidal behavior are related to their personal qualities and experience. Negative attitudes are associated with insufficient experience.
- Behavior: The Control of Perception
- The Challenge of Increasing Proenvironment Behavior
- International Conflicts and Human Behavior The conflict between the U.S and the Taliban has existed for a long due to terrorism and disagreement between Afghanistan and the United States.
- Behavior as a Function of the Situation
- Economic Concepts for the Analysis of Behavior
- Job Satisfaction and Ethical Behavior in Prisons The prison system has been described in the past as being a place where employees have poor satisfaction. The criminal justice managers want to promote ethical behavior in prisons.
- The Economics of University Behavior
- Behavior in Public Places
- Organizational Behavior in Criminal Justice: McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y Behavioral management takes into account some aspects of McGregor’s theories X and Y. This paper examines theoretical frameworks in the context of criminal justice organizations.
- Understanding Culture’s Influence on Behavior
- Children’s Moral Motivation, Sympathy, and Prosocial Behavior
- The Role of Behavior in Evolution
- Social and Cognitive Correlates of Children’s Lying Behavior
- Teaching and Behavioral Theories Educational philosophy has developed for centuries based on teaching and behavioral theories. Behaviorism theory is based on the principles of stimulus and response.
- Strategies for Promoting Proenvironmental Behavior
- Physiological and Functional Aspects of Stereotyped Behavior
- Educational Psychology: Behaviorism Concerning educational psychology, the most helpful content is behaviorism. The perspective is fundamental in determining some of the significant shifts in behavior.
- Behavior in the Complex Environment
- Maternal Depression and Children’s Antisocial Behavior
- School-Wide Positive Behavioral Support Aiming to convince the school principal of the importance of school-wide positive behavioral support, educating scholars in positive attitudes is important.
- Science and Human Behavior
- The Influence of Work on Behavior
- Behavior and Humanism Learning Theories The following paper will present, analyze, compare, and contrast two educational theories, behaviorism and humanism.
- Financial Behavior and Life Satisfaction of College Students
- Adaptive Behavior and Economic Theory
- The Emotional Intelligence of Adolescents and Their Risk-Taking Behavior To increase the emotional intelligence of adolescents and improve their risk-taking behavior and creativity, a teacher should explain to them how to understand their emotions.
- The Right to Effective Behavioral Treatment
- Psychology of Learning and Behavior
- The Impact of Deviant Behavior by Police Officers The police deviance has significant impacts that affect the public such as victimization, and the police unit itself such as police integrity, trust, and respect from the public.
- Values and Proenvironmental Behavior
- The Relationship Context of Human Behavior and Development
- Application of Ethical Business Behavior Ethical business behavior can be applied in different organizational disciplines depending on departmental needs.
- The Role of Inheritance in Behavior
- Designing and Understanding Adaptive Group Behavior
- Leadership Theories and Behavior Evaluation This paper aims to review leadership models to explain how leaders exercise control in organizations and evaluate specific leaders’ behaviors.
- Individual Behavior, Culture, and Social Change
- Adaptive Behavior and Development of Infants and Toddlers
- Emotional Intelligence in Organizational Behavior In the contemporary business world, emotional intelligence (EI) may be frequently regarded as a highly essential ability along with professional knowledge and skills.
- Psychological Analysis of Economic Behavior
- Unethical Behavior in Organizations
- What Is Behaviorism, and How Does It Define the Scope of Psychology?
- How Does Culture Influence Human Behavior?
- What Toxic Behavior Has Been Normalized by Society?
- How Did Behaviorism Emerge as a School of Thought in Psychology?
- What Subtle Behavior Makes a Person More Attractive?
- How Does Behaviorism View the Role of Consciousness and Mental Processes in Understanding Behavior?
- Is Human Behavior Genetic or Learned?
- What Type of Motivation Is Created by Behaviorism?
- How Does Behaviorism Influence Our Way of Thinking?
- What Are Some Classic Experiments or Studies That Illustrate the Principles of Behaviorism?
- How Does Behaviorism Approach the Study of Learning and Conditioning?
- What Are the Criticisms and Limitations of Behaviorism as a Psychological Framework?
- How Do Cultural Norms and Societal Expectations Influence Individual and Group Behaviors?
- What Is the Role of Reinforcement and Punishment in Shaping and Modifying Behavior?
- How Has Behaviorism Evolved Over Time, Including Developments Like Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
- How Does Behavior Serve as a Fundamental Aspect of Human and Animal Existence?
- How Do Behaviors Vary Across Cultures and Societies, and What Factors Contribute to These Variations?
- What Is the Relationship Between Behavior and Evolution, and How Does Behavior Aid in Survival and Reproduction?
- How Do Naturalistic Observations and Laboratory Experiments Contribute to Our Understanding of Behavior?
- How Do Individuals Learn and Acquire New Behaviors, and What Are the Mechanisms Involved?
- What Role Does Behaviorism Play in Understanding the Development of Social Behaviors and Cultural Norms?
- How Does Behavior Change Over the Lifespan, From Infancy to Old Age?
- Is Social Media Influencing Human Behavior?
- What Factors Influence Learning in Behaviorism?
- How Does Behaviorism Address Issues of Free Will and Determinism in Human Behavior?
- What Are the Benefits of Behaviorism in Education?
- How Does Behaviorism View Emotions and Their Relationship to Behavior?
- Who Is the Father of Behaviorism?
- How Does Behavior Contribute to the Formation of Social Bonds and Relationships Among Individuals?
- What Is the Relationship Between Memory and Behavior?
- What Is Behavior Modification?
- How Does the Environment of an Individual Affect His Behavior?
- What Is the Impact of Addictions on a Person’s Health, Behavior and Family?
- What Is the Effect of Administrative Leadership on Employee Behavior?
- Can Cognitive Behavior Therapy Overcome Depression?
- What Factors Influence the Behavior of a Teenager?
- How Does Advertising Affect Consumer Behavior?
- What Behavioral Changes Occur During a Pandemic?
- How Does Aggressive Behavior on Television Affect Children?
- Do Adverse Childhood Experiences Influence Behavior in Adulthood?
- What Is the Connection Between Cultural Values and Human Behavior?
- What Are the Motives of Altruistic Behavior?
- How Does Alcohol Affect Human Behavior?
- What Behavior Improves the Public Good?
- How Does Divorce Affect Children’s Behavior and Emotions?
- What Behavior in Ambiguous Situations Is Characteristic of Different Age Groups?
- Do Antisocial Personality Disorders Always Lead to Criminal Behavior?
- What Is Ethical Corporate Behavior?
- What Factors Influence Individual Behavior at Work?
- How Can Behavioral Disorders Affect a Person’s Life?
- What Is the Relationship Between Productive and Counterproductive Behavior?
- What Are the Problems of Adolescent Behavior That Parents Are Most Often Faced With?
- What Factors Affect Financial Literacy and Investment Behavior?
- Can Animals Exhibit Immoral Behavior?
- How to Respond to Antisocial Behavior on the Internet?
- Are There Really Autonomous “Unconscious” Goals That Drive Behavior?
- Do Violent Video Games Cause Bad Behavior in Children?
- How Does Constant Stress at Work Affect Employee Behavior?
- What Is Assertive Behavior?
- How Does Lack of Socialization Affect an Individual’s Behavior?
Cite this page
- Chicago (A-D)
- Chicago (N-B)
PsychologyWriting. (2023, October 8). 434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples. Retrieved from https://psychologywriting.com/topics/behavior-research-topics/
PsychologyWriting. (2023, October 8). 434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples. https://psychologywriting.com/topics/behavior-research-topics/
"434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples." PsychologyWriting , 8 Oct. 2023, psychologywriting.com/topics/behavior-research-topics/.
PsychologyWriting . (2023) '434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples'. 8 October.
PsychologyWriting . 2023. "434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples." October 8, 2023. https://psychologywriting.com/topics/behavior-research-topics/.
1. PsychologyWriting . "434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples." October 8, 2023. https://psychologywriting.com/topics/behavior-research-topics/.
PsychologyWriting . "434 Behavior Research Topics & Essay Examples." October 8, 2023. https://psychologywriting.com/topics/behavior-research-topics/.
- Sigmund Freud
- Child Neglect
- Child Development
ScholarWorks at UMass Boston
Home > CLA > PSYCH > PSYCH_THESES
Clinical Psychology Masters Theses Collection
This collection contains open access and campus access Masters theses, made possible through Graduate Studies at the University of Massachusetts Boston. The full content of open access theses is available to all, although some files may have embargoes placed on them and will be made available as soon as possible. The full content of campus access theses is only available to those either on the UMass Boston campus or with a UMass Boston campus username and password. Click on the "Off-Campus UMass Boston Users" link on the record page to download Campus Access publications. Those not on campus and those without a UMass Boston campus username and password may gain access to this thesis through resources like Proquest Dissertations & Theses Global or through Interlibrary Loan.
Theses from 2023 2023
Exploring Predictors of Healing from an Expressive Writing Intervention About Heterosexism and Why LGBTQ+ Clients Might Withhold from their Therapists , Ally B. Hand
Meta-Method Analysis on Therapists’ Experiences: An Inquiry into Qualitative Psychotherapy Research Methodology , Javier L. Rizo
A Re-Examination of the Role of Cognitive Reappraisal in Cognitive-Behavioral Group Therapy for Social Anxiety Disorder , Jenny Liang Wu
No Injustice So Peace: The Interaction Between Race-Related Stress, Colorblind Racial Attitudes, and Resistance and Empowerment Against Racism , Kaela A. Yamini
Theses from 2022 2022
Exploring the Association Between Mentoring Focus and Change in Mentee Depression Symptoms in Youth , Selen Amado
Associations Between the Content and Level of Parent Concerns Pre-Diagnosis and Timeliness of Autism Screening and Diagnostic Evaluation Among a Diverse Sample of Children in Part C Early Intervention , Kohrissa Joseph
"Until Society Evolves:" Access to Gender-Affirming Care in Historic Assessment Criteria and Current Models of Care , Elliot Marrow
Responders and Nonresponders Undergoing Cognitive Behavioral Group Therapy (CBGT) for Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD): Trajectories of Symptom Change Across Treatment Stages as Potential Predictors of Outcome , Sriramya Potluri
Theses from 2021 2021
Acknowledgment of Culture and Stereotypes: Black Participants’ Perceptions of Specific Therapist Behaviors , Tsotso T. Ablorh
Religious Coping After Natural Disaster: Predicting Long-Term Mental and Physical Health in Survivors of Hurricane Katrina , Monica Arkin
Stigma and Prodromal Psychosis: Self-Disclosure of Symptoms and Diagnoses in At-Risk Youth , Caitlin Bryant
Excess Stress and Natural Mentors in the Lives of Sexual Minority Youth , Cherrelle Gipson
Addressing the White Problem Critically: An Exploratory Latent Profile Analysis of Racial Attitudes , Ryan Parigoris
Sex Differences in Symbolic Play of Toddlers with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) , Looknoo Patcharapon Thammathorn
Developmental Profiles of 57,966 Children in Early Intervention: A Confirmatory Latent Profile Analysis , Mary E. Troxel
Theses from 2020 2020
Parent-Teacher Relationship Quality as a Predictor of Changes in Externalizing Behaviors at School for Children with ASD , Lana Andoni
Unique Syndemic-Related Clusters in a Sample of Sexual Minority Men , Christopher Chiu
Bilingual Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Language Abilities and Social Communication , Ingrid Hastedt
Examining the Interrelations Among Trajectories of Mindfulness, Acceptance, and Valued Actions in Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder , Stephanie Marando-Blanck
The Association Between Anger in Response to Racism and Depression Among Black Americans: Exploring Potential Moderating Effects of Active Coping and Collective Self-Esteem , Darrick Scott
Theses from 2019 2019
Appraisals of Trust Development within the Therapist-Client Relationship: Impacts on Client Retention in a Hypothetical First Session of Therapy , Lorraine U. Alire
Parent Negative and Positive Impacts: Reciprocal Associations Between Child Behaviors and Parenting Experiences in Families of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder , Alison E. Chavez
A Heavy Burden: Associations Between Sexual Minority Status, Mental Health, and BMI in Women , Alison E. A. Goldblatt
Working Memory and Mindfulness in an RCT of ABBT and AR , Anna M. Hall
Racial Microaggression Distress and Depression among Black Americans: Examining the Roles of Racial Identity Importance, Social Support, and Gender , Shannon M. Hughley
“It’s More Complicated Than That!”: The Influence of Multiple Presenting Problems on Youth Outcomes in Formal Mentoring Programs , Yui Sum Poon
Theses from 2018 2018
Healing from Heterosexism Through Expressive Writing , Kathleen M. Collins
Clients’ Critical Experiences in Psychotherapy: Initial Measure Development , Lauren M. Grabowski
Neuropsychology and Neurogenetics of Mental Health: Risk, Resilience & Wellbeing , Keira E. O'Donovan
Reciprocal Associations between Language Ability and Social Functioning Development over a Two-Year Period in Young Pre-Verbal Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder , Devon R. Oosting
Effects of Racism-Related Stress on Resistance against Racism in Black Americans , Noor N. Tahirkheli
Identifying Child Correlates of Parent-Reported Executive Functioning Impairments in Preschool-Aged Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Examination of both Early and Concurrent Child Characteristics , Deanna Toner
Theses from 2017 2017
Attentional and Emotional Consequences of Emotional Acceptance and Suppression in an Elevated Anxiety Sample , Natalie Arbid
The Interpersonal Effects of Mindfulness and Social Anxiety in Romantic Relationships , Bryan Balvaneda
It’s Not You, it’s My Schedule: An Exploratory Study of Early Termination in School-Based Mentoring Programs , Samantha Burton
The Role of Athletic Coach Mentors in Promoting Youth Academic Success: Evidence from a National Longitudinal Study , Kirsten M. Christensen
Ethnic Differences in Race-Related Stress Among Blacks in the US: Racial Colorblindness as a Potential Moderator , Samantha Duterville
Social Skills as a Predictor of Peer Relationship Quality for School-Age Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder , Melanie S. Feldman
Examining Attentional Control and Processing Speed Deficits as Underlying Mechanisms of Neuropsychological Impairment in Schizophrenia , Mayte Forte
Drinking Motives, Drinking Problems, and Mental Health Symptoms in Sexual Minority Men , Hamish A. Gunn
Psychosocial Profiles of Youth who Acquire a Natural Mentor During a School Year , Matthew A. Hagler
Whether or not 'It Gets Better'…Coping with Parental Heterosexist Rejection , Cara Herbitter
Language Subdomains among Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Associations with Social Skills , Sarah A. Levinson
Relations between Family Demographic Characteristics and Early Intervention Service Receipt after Children's Initial ASD Diagnosis , Thanh Phuong Thi Nguyen
Theses from 2016 2016
The Importance of Action: Understanding Characteristics of Social Action Campaigns and Their Impact on Youth's Motivation and Engagement , Jacqueline G. Hargrove
Patterns of Parent-Teacher Disagreement on Behavior Problems of Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder , Juliana Neuspiel
Theses from 2015 2015
The Trajectory of the Co-Occurrence of Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms in Treatments for Generalized Anxiety Disorder , Amber L. Calloway
Developing Autism Screening Criteria for the Brief Infant Toddler Social Emotional Assessment (BITSEA) , Ivy Giserman Kiss
Being and Becoming an Ally: The Lived Experience of Social Justice Action from Privileged Spaces , Alissa L. Gross
Social Cost Bias, Probability Bias, and Self-Efficacy to Achieve a Specific Goal or Outcome as Mechanisms of Behavioral Action in Social Anxiety , Carol S. Lee
Coping With Racism: Emotional Acceptance and Systemic Attribution of Racism as Buffers against Social Anxiety among People of Color , Jennifer H. Martinez
Theses from 2014 2014
A Model of Social Functioning in Schizophrenia: Symptomatology, Personality, and Brain Region Volumes , Victoria Choate
Reductions in Experiential Avoidance as a Mediator of Change in Symptom Outcome and Quality of Life in Acceptance-Based Behavior Therapy and Applied Relaxation for Generalized Anxiety Disorder , Elizabeth Hemenway Eustis
Promoting Maternal Well-Being and Child Behavioral Health: The Role of Positive Beliefs , Sara Kaplan-Levy
Validation of the Post-traumatic Growth Inventory: Relationships between Perceived Post-Traumatic Growth and Measured Pre- to Post-Disaster Changes in Analogous Constructs in a Sample of Low-Income Mothers who Survived Hurricane Katrina , Emily E. Manove
Reciprocal Influences amongst Early Childhood Externalizing Behavior, Maternal Distress, and Parenting Style: A Longitudinal Analysis , Shirley Marie Immacula Poyau
Psychopathy and Disadvantageous, Risky Decision-Making in a Sample of Ex-Offenders , Ashley-Ann C. Shirai
The Relation between Cultural Values and Unprotected Sex among Latino Gay Men , Francisco I. Surace
Cognitive Processes and Moderators of Willingness in Individuals with Social Anxiety Disorder and Non-Anxious Controls in Response to a Social Performance Task , Lauren P. Wadsworth
Predictors of Change in Body Mass Index in Young Mothers after Hurricane Katrina , Elyssa Briann Weber
Mentor Motivation as a Predictor of Relationship Approach , Max B. Wu
Adults Who "Get": Adolescents' Perceptions of Relational Engagement with Key Adults , Laura A. Yoviene
Theses from 2013 2013
Latino Youth Experiences of Immigrant Policy, Enforcement, and Exclusion: Exploring Risk and Resilience , Darcy Alcantara
A Person-Oriented Approach to Identifying Parenting Styles in Mothers of Early School Age Children , Amy E. Heberle
The Effects of Racism Related Stress on Asian Americans; Anxiety and Depression among Different Generational Statuses , Charles M. Liu
Predictors of Psychotropic Medication Use in Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders , Melissa P. Maye
The Effects of Nesting Environment on Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Injury , Laura Grace Rollins
Pathways to Well-Being in the Lives of Recently Returning Veterans , Sarah Krill Williston
Theses from 2012 2012
Implications of Self-Other Overlap in Unsuccessful Romantic Relationships , Josephine A. Bell
Exposure to Potentially Traumatic Events, Emotional Adjustment, and Social Competence in Preschoolers Facing Economic Risk , Hillary Hurst
Adolescent Males in Formal Youth Mentoring Programs: The Influence of Same Versus Cross-Gender Matching , Stella S. Kanchewa
Maternal Depressive Symptoms and Responsiveness to Infant Distress: Contingency Analyses of Home Mother-Infant Interactions at 3 Months , Fernanda Lucchese
Parental Well-Being within the Marital Subsytem: A Study of Mother-Father Dyads Raising Young Children with Autism , Frances de Lourdes Martinez-Pedraza
The Relation of Racism-Related Stress to Racial Identity, Ethnic Identity and Racism-Related Empowerment in Asian Americans , Fanny Ng
Young Children's Perspectives on Parent-Child Relationship Quality as Measured by the Berkeley Puppet Interview: Associations with Behavioral Adjustment , Marisa Murphy O'Boyle
The Neuropsychological Functioning of Older Adults Pre- and Post-Cognitive Training with a Brain Plasticity-Based Computerized Training Program , Shannon M. Sorenson
Examining the Relation between Sensory Sensitivity and Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors in Autism Spectrum Disorders as Moderated by Language Acquisition , Timothy W. Soto
Theses from 2011 2011
Children and Spirituality: Understanding the Meaning of Spirituality of Former Street Children in Bolivia , Katia Margarita Canenguez
A Lonely Road: Loneliness, Death Anxiety, Childhood Punishment, and Attributions of Hostility in a University Population , Melody Joy Blass Fisher
The Effects of Trauma Exposure on Cognitive Functioning in Toddlers , Danielle Forbes
The Impact of Exposure to Family and Community Violence on Children's Adaptive Coping and Mental Health Symptoms among Ethnic Minority Families Living in Poverty , Esroruleh Tamim Mohammad
The Practice Effect: The Relationships among the Frequency of Early Formal Mindfulness Practice, Mindfulness Skills, Worry, and Quality of Life in an Acceptance-Based Behavior Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder , Lucas Paul Kawika Morgan
Dyadic Flexibility during the Face-To-Face Still-Face Paradigm: Analysis of Infant-Caregiver Interactions within a Dynamic Systems Framework Using the State Space Grid Analytic Technique , Akhila Venkatachalam Sravish
Black Women's Mental Health in Response to Unwanted Sexual Experiences and Spirituality as a Protective Factor , Speshal T. Walker
Theses from 2010 2010
Latino Immigrant Mothers' Experiences and Adapations to Promote Personal and Family Wellness in Response to Increased Anti-Immigrant Climate , Hercilia B. Corona-Ordoñez
The Relationship between Racist Experiences and Anxiety in a Black Sample: Moderating Effects of Church-Based Social Support , Jessica Rose Graham
Caregiver, Family System, and Environmental Predictors of Child Maltreatment: An Ecological Transactional Approach , Kelly Brooke Graling
Trajectories of Early Externalizing Behaviors: Their Relation to Second Grade Reading , Sarah Gray
What Do You See in this Picture?: Bias and Reflexivity in Physician Narratives of Disparities , Michelle Levine
- Notify me via email or RSS
- About ScholarWorks
- Psychology Department
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Psychology theses and dissertations.
- By Issue Date
Search within this collection:
This collection contains some of the theses and dissertations produced by students in the University of Oregon Psychology Graduate Program. Paper copies of these and other dissertations and theses are available through the UO Libraries .
- Understanding the Misunderstood Emotion: A Mixed-Methods Investigation of Variants of Anger Razavi, Pooya ( University of Oregon , 2023-07-06 ) In cultural accounts and scholarly writings about anger, we see conceptualizations that reflect the existence of two variants: an anger perceived as moral, appropriate, and justified; and an anger considered wrong and ...
- Measuring long-term memories at the feature level reveals mechanisms of interference resolution Drascher, Maxwell ( University of Oregon , 2023-07-06 ) When memories share similar features, this can lead to interference, and ultimately forgetting. At the same time, many highly similar memories are remembered vividly for years to come. Understanding what causes interference ...
- The Role of Hierarchical Structures in Cognition Moss, Melissa ( University of Oregon , 2023-07-06 ) Individuals routinely execute complex tasks that involve multiple, dependent levels of information, such as driving a car or cooking dinner. It is amazing that our cognitive system is able to represent such complex, ...
- A Contextual Psychology Approach to Improving Health Outcomes in the Perinatal Period Lightcap, April ( University of Oregon , 2023-07-06 ) The United States holds alarming records for highest infant and maternal mortality rates in the developed world. The US infant mortality rate is on par with many low and middle income countries, and despite the decline in ...
- The Study of Behavior Settings as an Aid in Mental Hospital Analysis: A Methodological Exploration Rose, David William ( University of Oregon , 1969-06 ) The ultimate goal of all mental hospital analyses is to provide information which by direct implication or through analysis might act as a guide in restructuring environment in which the mental patient lives. The goal of ...
- Personality-Driven Social Media Curation: How Personality Traits Affect Following Decisions on Twitter Bedford-Petersen, Cianna ( University of Oregon , 2023-03-24 ) As social media occupies an increasingly important place in people’s lives, new opportunities are presented for people to select and modify their online environments. On many platforms, users have significant control over ...
- Stability of Mind-Mindedness Across the Transition to Motherhood and its Longitudinal Association with Children’s Theory of Mind & Executive Function Gluck, Stephanie ( University of Oregon , 2023-03-24 ) Parental mind-mindedness refers to caregivers’ propensity to attribute mind-like and intentional qualities in their interactions with or representation of their young children. It is proposed to be associated with positive ...
- Dating and Mating in Adolescence: How Hormones and Puberty Influence Adolescent Mating Motivation Donaldson, Sarah ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-26 ) Puberty marks the physical transition towards sexual maturity, culminating in the ability to reproduce. It follows that maturing cognitive, affective, and social skills develop concurrently to support reproductive competence, ...
- Individual Differences in Memory Functions and Their Relation to Hippocampal Connectivity Frank, Lea ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-26 ) The hippocampus plays an important role in many aspects of learning and memory. It is most known for its role in episodic memory and spatial navigation, though it has also been shown to contribute to other processes like ...
- Collective Ongoing Betrayal Trauma: Gendered and Racialized Police Violence toward the Black Community Barnes, Melissa ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-26 ) Racialized and gendered police violence is a pernicious problem for Black communities. For my dissertation, I empirically tested a novel theoretical concept, Collective Ongoing Betrayal Trauma (COBT). COBT integrates the ...
- Associations between Maternal Borderline Personality Disorder Symptoms, Parenting, and Mother-Child Cortisol Levels O'Brien, Jacqueline ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-26 ) Children of mothers with borderline personality disorder (BPD) are at heightened risk for developing mental health difficulties but the pathway through which this risk is conferred is unclear. Developmental psychopathology ...
- Counter-Projection in a Polarized Political Climate: Examining the Role of Threat and Ways to Reduce It. Denning, Kathryn ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-04 ) The term “polarization” is often associated with “opposition.” Yet, how do people come to see others as their opposites? There is likely a social cognitive process at play. One such process is counter-projection, where ...
- The Transition to Parenthood and the Family System: Links from Grandparents, Parents, and Infants to Perinatal Medical Risk and Early Parent Affect Loi, Elizabeth ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-04 ) Biopsychosocial factors in early childhood set the foundation for later neurocognitive and language competence. This dissertation aimed to identify and characterize the early psychosocial correlates of perinatal medical ...
- Individual Differences in Learning and Memory Abilities: The Influence of Self-Efficacy Miller, Ashley ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-04 ) The present study examined whether individual differences in memory self-efficacy (MSE)—one’s perception and evaluation of their memory abilities—predicts learning and memory ability in a sample of healthy young adults. ...
- The Development of Moral Evaluations in Children and Adults Ochoa, Karlena ( University of Oregon , 2021-11-23 ) Although the influence of intent understanding on children’s moral development has been long studied, limited research has examined the influence of belief understanding on that development. The purpose of this dissertation ...
- Memory Consolidation. Shofner, Steven ( University of Oregon , 2021-11-23 ) This proposal synthesizes the work of other researchers (Hawkins et al. 2019) (Kim, Gulati, and Ganguly 2019) (Wei et al. 2018) (Tononi and Cirelli 2006) (Grossberg 2013) (Li et al. 2017) into a framework of memory ...
- Sensitive Periods for Social Development in Adolescence: Exploring Mechanisms Relating Experience and Timing to Neural Change Cheng, Theresa ( University of Oregon , 2021-11-23 ) Social relationships during adolescence have outsized effects on long-term physical and mental health. The theory that adolescence is a sensitive period suggests that adolescent experiences might profoundly shape development. ...
- The Psychology of Socioeconomic Inequality in the United States Ludwig, Rita ( University of Oregon , 2021-11-23 ) Effective, evidence-based public policy is of critical importance to address issues of socioeconomic inequality, poverty, and class mobility. Psychological science has a valuable opportunity to inform the development of ...
- The Personal Relevance of Psychotherapy for Asian Americans Huang, Ellen ( University of Oregon , 2021-11-23 ) Purpose: For at least 50 years, significant mental health disparities between people of color and White Americans have existed. There has been minimal movement in decreasing mental health disparities, particularly among ...
- Coping with Complexity: Characterizing High and Low Learning During On-Line Acquisition of a Seminatural Micro Language Konyn, Amy ( University of Oregon , 2021-09-13 ) Natural language is highly complex and can be challenging for some learners, yet the contribution of complexity to individual differences in language learning remains poorly understood. This poor understanding appears due ...
View more submissions
Search Scholars' Bank
All of scholars' bank, this collection.
- Aguiar, Naomi (1)
- Akers, Laura (1)
- Ashby, Stefania (1)
- Barlow, M. Rose (Margaret Rose) (1)
- Barnes, Melissa (1)
- Barton, Jocelyn (1)
- Batterink, Laura (1)
- Beauchamp, Kathryn (1)
- Bedford-Petersen, Cianna (1)
- Bernstein, Rosemary (1)
- ... View More
- Clinical psychology (16)
- Psychology (11)
- Social psychology (9)
- Attention (8)
- Emotion (8)
- Parenting (8)
- Neuroimaging (7)
- Adolescence (6)
- Cognitive psychology (6)
- 2020 - 2023 (39)
- 2010 - 2019 (99)
- 2000 - 2009 (19)
- 1960 - 1969 (1)
- 1935 - 1939 (1)
- Most Popular Items
- Statistics by Country
- Most Popular Authors